Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/13/2011 10:38:39   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

Well, I must admit I am disappointed that the release is delayed.. again, but the issue is out of reach. I can't say I didn't expect this to happen though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 151
8/13/2011 11:02:04   
Lord Barrius

This is getting to be a bit too much of a discussion about me and it really shouldn't be, it's a Design Notes thread. I'm happy to discuss your concerns about my ability to lead this board in PM with you. I'll simply note that my last head mod position was DF Suggestions, and I wasn't a very active DF player for much of my duration as head mod there, yet I still did my job quite fine. Experience with the game is not an essential towards learning how to moderate forums.

As I said, nothing wrong with being angry about this. Nothing wrong with being tired of the "excuse" that the team is very small and it's hard to consistently update a game with two people. But you have to keep in mind that, even if you're tired of it, it is still a very valid excuse. Game development is not easy. There are so many moving parts that have to fit together for a release to work, and it usually takes more than two people to do it. As ED has grown, it's undoubtedly only gotten harder to keep pushing out massive content updates.

And the common response to this is always the same: "just hire more people!". We hear that in AQ a lot, and the counter is usually "the talent pool isn't exactly massive and the money vault isn't exactly overflowing". Hiring more people requires finding people with a tremendous level of coding knowledge about Flash, far beyond what most web designers have to know....such people are fairly uncommon. Heck, members of Abode's own staff probably wouldn't be qualified....they have been noted as being shocked at just how much we've managed to do with Flash in making our games. And while I can't go into specifics about financial compensation, I can tell you that a lot of people on the AE team work other full-time jobs in addition to their supplements from AE. Not everyone will work for peanuts, no matter how tasty they are. Then on top of that, we have to do history checks into the people we hire, make sure they're less shifty than I am, and all of that good stuff, which tends to cut a significant portion of candidates too.
Post #: 152
8/13/2011 11:10:49   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I just got on, so I don't have answers to the questions about how the talks with Adobe are going. I don't work at the Lab, and I don't have access to Titan on weekends. Also, I trust Lord Barrius to keep the forums under control, I even thanked him for freeing me up to spend more time in Suggestions, since many of you felt that your voices weren't being heard in the Suggestions forum.

I'm not sure that we could have predicted the issue with the latest Flash update- as Barrius said, working in Flash provides a unique set of challenges, and we do have a small team. I realize it's no excuse, that we should be able to get out huge releases every week with one coder one full time artist, and a part-time artist, but it is a limitation. As has been said a few times, Titan is trying to work out the issues with Adobe.
Post #: 153
8/13/2011 11:20:57   
Basicball

quote:

I realize it's no excuse, that we should be able to get out huge releases every week with one coder one full time artist, and a part-time artist, but it is a limitation.

sorry, but i think it is an excuse, a damn good and valid one even.
i'm sad there's no update as well, but people should try and understand it, instead of constantly nagging about it ...

besides, as far as i know, terms of agreement don't say you guys have to give us an update every week ;)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
8/13/2011 11:24:33   
TurkishIncubus

This is not the only time this happened , i remember we waited 3 weeks and get 1 cheevo :D , so lets wait more.

Epic  Post #: 155
8/13/2011 11:28:09   
Calogero

quote:

and we do have a small team. I realize it's no excuse, that we should be able to get out huge releases every week with one coder one full time artist, and a part-time artist, but it is a limitation

Sorry but who's choice is that... We, the players have suggested Plenty of times to hire and train more Coders and artists...
wether this is done or not is your choice ( your as in the devs, not only you Cindy ) but don't expect us to accept the ' small team ' excuse then

We don't expect Huge Releases, We expect the releases that are Planned for Weeks...

I really hope that you guys are working on it to get this fixed Before Next friday...

< Message edited by andy123 -- 8/13/2011 11:30:12 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 156
8/13/2011 11:31:44   
Midnightsoul

well, it doesnt matter for me. just play the way it was guys. kind of a miniature era of piece OR developing new strategies. :)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 157
8/13/2011 11:33:43   
od

How will the level adjystments effect npcs with no level? ( George lowe, armor hazard, admin 11
Epic  Post #: 158
8/13/2011 11:34:42   
Basicball

^good Q :O
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
8/13/2011 13:51:20   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@andy123 we're planning a midweek release, so yes, before next Friday. I've also explained time and time again: it's not entirely our choice either.
Post #: 160
8/13/2011 13:58:46   
death before dawn

midweek update means no update next week... :(
Post #: 161
8/13/2011 14:25:17   
Fay Beeee

That makes for an update this week. Nice.

Next week is yet another wait and see. :)

I now do not expect a weekly update, or even a day for the update.

It is nice to get a date but if I do not expect then I am not disappointed.

Epic  Post #: 162
8/13/2011 14:51:48   
Isabella

Yeah just came back from year break... horrible lag issues... :3

side note: Hai faybeessss <3
Epic  Post #: 163
8/13/2011 15:54:26   
Clutch

After reading these posts, I can understand the players anger and understand the reasoning behind the delayed update. Truthfully, both sides could use a little improvement.

To the devs, I understand that adobe is causing the issue here and that is truly not your fault. I am sure you are trying to amend these problems as quickly as possible. However, the reason the player base is so angry about the delay is because of your previous history with delayed updates. Lets face it, you have delayed updates many times in the past not due to any flash problems, and therefore some of the players are viewing this as another one of 'those' delays, when in fact its not. The truth of the matter is, yeah, its not your fault and players should be angry at adobe and not you, but if you didn't have such a bad history of such things, there would be a much more understanding player base.

And to the players, we just need to lay off them a bit and be a bit more understanding for this update particularly, believe them when they say it truly isn't their fault...this time ;).

All I am saying is that both sides need to improve, perhaps a more understanding and sympathetic side from the players, and perhaps a better credibility from the Devs for future updates to come.
AQ Epic  Post #: 164
8/13/2011 16:04:41   
Pegadius

2 pages have developed since i started reading this thread..seriously..people ...what the hell is wrong with you.
you are flaming and blaming the devs on everything you want everything, you want a level cap you want you you you you..everyhing people want they have to have or they start flaming. yes i understand you have spent so much money on it, it is YOUR fault if you don't like the game.. it is YOUR choice to pay for the game or not, could you people just relax and have some fun for a while? you dont have to be flaming and begging for stuff like that :P
there are only few people working on ED and you complain about them and hate them.. why? it doesn't benefit you in anyway, it just makes you look dumb.
Yes, now i will get lots of flames myself..i don't really care, im just saying that people should relax and take it easy like Fay beee lol.
Epic  Post #: 165
8/13/2011 16:28:38   
frogbones
Banned

@ Peg:

It's easy for players like you to tell people to calm down because you're relatively new to ED and, therefore, probably have a higher threshhold for pain. (Plus, you're a Tac Merc, so I'm sure in your opinion no there's no need to hurry this release. )

But for those of who have been around since the dawn of Beta, well, many of us reached our breaking point long ago. To understand the release history of ED is to understand frustration; and to say history repeats itself is an understatement, lol.

The point is, while people shouldn't start a flame war against the devs, we do have the right to express our angst. Perhaps it will help, perhaps it won't.

In all honesty, though, nothing we say or suggest (whether positive or negative) improves this game. It's just a sad cycle of one step forward, three steps back.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 166
8/13/2011 16:40:29   
Calogero

quote:

you want a level cap you want you you you you

quote:

just relax and have some fun for a while?

On the contrary, We DO NOT want a lvl cap raise, the majority of the players I've seen actualy Prefere to prospone ( yet I said prospone )
the Lvl Cap raise seeing we don't have enough content for lvl 33...

Relax? Fun? There is no relax and fun when You Pay to be Underpowered by Tact Mercs
( Don't say Then join them, You might aswell ask the devs to remove every class except Tact merc then )

We've been patient enough... That doesn't seem to do the work
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
8/13/2011 16:44:55   
Ubear

Why is everyone complaining?? Use your bot whilst you still can! >:D

*MUNCH* Your sig contains an advertisement. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ Epic  Post #: 168
8/13/2011 16:45:41   
pokepwner

I really don't see the point for all the anger, justifiable reason though, but not needed.Can't you do anything outside of ED if a release was delayed? I mean i've been here since the AE merge so i've seen how long it can take to release, but just find something else to do.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 169
8/13/2011 16:48:23   
frogbones
Banned

We know there are other options, Poke. Instead of patronizing us, why don't you repeat the following to yourself: "It's okay for people to vent. It's okay for people to vent. It's okay ...."

I just feel bad for my new faction. I joined it yesterday with the idea that I'd be playing a lot with my CH. Due to the delay, though, there really is little reason to log on.

Meh.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 8/13/2011 16:50:57 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 170
8/13/2011 17:00:19   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Skills will be changed according to the balance updates, but can you still not have fun with it? I'm sure you can :)

@Frogbones, i am a TM now, sorry. Plus i cannot remember my CH setup.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 8/13/2011 17:05:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 171
8/13/2011 17:02:48   
Basicball

yes, we can!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 172
8/13/2011 17:04:10   
frogbones
Banned

Yo Didji X!

It really is that boring. 1v1 is all Tac Mercs (mostly Str), and 2v2 is admittedly unpredictable, but for that same reason it's also frustrating.

Perhaps you could PM me your lauded CH build so I can check it out!

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 173
8/13/2011 17:07:12   
Basicball

^jugger fights?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 174
8/13/2011 17:15:06   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

quote:

The net result of this is that all skills affected will be slightly weaker at lower levels and stronger at higher levels.

Now, surely that is a benefit yes? :) I doubt it will be as bad as it seems, just wait for the update next week and see.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS August 12, 2011 - The Unending Battle for Better Flash Performance
Page 7 of 10«<56789>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition