Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Recycled Sprites

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Recycled Sprites
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/21/2011 1:00:00   
Retrosaur

Vendbot isn't recycling. Because your not transforming a weapon, and putting it back into a weapon.

The "sprite recycling" I'm talking about is simply taking two previously existing weapons, merging them together, and calling it new. OR taking a previous gun (such as Machine Pistol), and recoloring it red, and calling it new. This is recycling. No I don't care about the vendbots, because that was actually a smart weapon (and was not previously another weapon).

Also, techincally, the Imperial ACP and Plasma ACP are recycled sprites, but it exists as an energy/phys version, so I'm okay with that. I just don't like looking at a gun and saying "heyyy, that looks familiar..."

I mean, as an example, Marauder's boomstick reminds me of Boomstick, but I liked it because of the extra knife attachment, and it was shortened, at least the devs tried to make it look different. The guns above really don't show any hardwork. However, that said, I really admire the aux's. I don't see any resemblance to other aux's, and the top 2 look simply fantastic.

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 8/21/2011 1:02:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
8/21/2011 1:30:38   
kwj3

Recycling is to save father internet.

I don't mind seeing some weapons recycled 4-5 times but anymore than 8 will make me go 'WTH IS THIS A CLONING CENTER!?!'

But if the weapons are good (say ghoul cannons or bruiser) I'd be glad to buy weapons of the same color
Post #: 27
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Recycled Sprites
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition