Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/3/2011 4:19:24   
xxmirxx

Since I am not allow flame staff or talk about money. I will say this this game so cheap to play. And staff here are great, Alley your my friend so anything you do is great and I ment hat ablout you alley.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 9/3/2011 4:48:33 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 251
9/3/2011 5:08:18   
supermasivo

Not very good stats of dragon weaps and VERY expensive 1200 var... the only good is: 9 enhacements slots...
Epic  Post #: 252
9/3/2011 5:11:15   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Mornin :) Out already? Sweet! That's nice to wake up too.

Edit: Woops, went to Naomi first, forgot it's Slayer who had them :3

< Message edited by Digital X -- 9/3/2011 5:13:58 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 253
9/3/2011 5:11:24   
supermasivo

@Mods think about make a varium prices ballance... too.
ty
Epic  Post #: 254
9/3/2011 5:14:08   
Wiseman

@supermasivo: They are a bit on the pricy side, but they still aren't that expensive considering they technically count as three weapons apiece. Your essentially buying 3 weapons for the price of 1, or if the extra cost makes you feel it isn't "for the price of 1" then it's at most for the price of 1 and a half.

Either way, if you change class often, those weapons are a good deal.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 255
9/3/2011 5:17:16   
supermasivo

@Wise ty for reply i got the idea now.
Epic  Post #: 256
9/3/2011 5:36:54   
Shadronica

So what happens to my HUGE $$$$ amount of investment? Flushed down the toilet right? Rendered useless? Thanks so much ED way to go!

Ker-Ching!
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 257
9/3/2011 5:47:28   
BinV2

i didnt get dragon master achivement can you mods please put it on my account?
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=Recycling%20Bin%20V2
Epic  Post #: 258
9/3/2011 5:50:12   
Nexus...

@Wiseman

In terms of the Illuminator thing, I was responding to this:

quote:

I really hope you can see the flaw in your logic. It isn't a valid argument.

I understand full well that some of you have put money into this game. However at this point I am sure a lot of moderators do not bu Varium any longer. I believe Buffy brought up a good point earlier, which is that your interests are not as much with the player, as they are with your "employer" (quotes because you volunteer, but you still have an allegiance from what I can tell). I thank all of you for your work on the test server etc., and honestly have nothing against any of you moderators. However when you come out and make such a change without ANY heads up or prior notice, it is jarring and I begin to wonder if you really are on the same level as us paying players. I really do get you have put money into this game, but thats not the point. If you look back on this thread you will see countless unhappy customers, and a small handful of people who couldn't care less. I realize this was for balance purposes, but there are much larger problems then a couple of stats. If you are going to readjust all of the enhancement points anyway, why would it even matter? I don't think moderators should be so involved with making decisions for the game itself. You are supposed to be moderating the game, not testing it. To me, it seems as if AE is your employer and you are taking its side without even thinking about how it will effect the players.

My last post may have been somewhat out of line, but when you do things like this, it really does make me wonder quite heavily if your interests truly are with the players. Also, calling me selfish is considered flaming isn't it? Fighting fire with fire I see. Well, I don't think I am all that selfish of a person when I come to expect something that has been made a consistency by past releases.

One last thing:

quote:

You are thinking about the players that have those weapons already, but what about those that cant get them? Ignore them? Leave them to be defeated by the new buffed weapons like lambs to a slaughter?

The more I read this, the more I can associate it with the stat/skill choices made on Tactical Mercenary, rather then the reintroduced seasonal rares. I think you are exaggerating the situation. Whoever did the balance on Tactical Mercenary needs to read that quote, go back and think about what they have done, because TLM is a much bigger short term problem then the buffing of seasonal rares (I would think).

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 9/3/2011 6:06:05 >
Epic  Post #: 259
9/3/2011 6:52:53   
zelemania

Dragonic stuff is nice looking but quite expensive and worse than delta. Other dragon weapons and backtoschool items are useless compared to the recently implemented non rare stuff... I had high expectations about this update, kinda let down now. :(

< Message edited by zelemania -- 9/3/2011 6:53:15 >
Post #: 260
9/3/2011 8:09:39   
One Winged Angel1357

Drago stuff all varium B2School stuff all F2P

difference between the two

Drago is 3 in 1 weps(TY wiseman for a term), two claws, two staffs, three swords, two mauls, two auxs
B2S is one sword, two auxs

anyone else ever get that feeling that we are being forced into something we dont want to do

i get the feeling im being forced to use a sword which was god awful last time i used a sword
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 261
9/3/2011 10:33:40   
Luna_moonraider

quote:

For example, in terms of enhancements, the new system we've adopted is this:

All items have a base of 5 enhancement slots. They are given extra slots for certain things:
- items receive 2 extra slots for being Varium
- items receive 1 extra slot for being Seasonal-Rare
- items receive 2 extra slots for being Limited-Rare or Rare
- items receive 3 extra slots for being a promotion or Ultra-Rare

hmm extra 1 slot eh so wat bout this gun here clicky yes it is a seasonal non varium gun but guess what it has only 4 slot oh 4 slots is a lot lolz hyper talon has 4 slots, spec ops gun has 4 slots if the devs do not intend to buff anymore seasonal rares, i would say the dread cannon is a useless and unusable seasonal rare gun.

< Message edited by Luna_moonraider -- 9/3/2011 10:34:49 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 262
9/3/2011 11:47:42   
edwardvulture

Basically, the weapons arn't going to be buffed.
So my advise for everyone is to stop buying the old seasonal rares as of now, the new ones will have vastly superior stats.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 263
9/3/2011 11:50:07   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@edward Actually, Kringle Bot has more stats than it should so the new seasonals will probably be weaker than the old ones(at least the lvl equivalent ones. A lvl 34 new rare will probably be more powerful than a lvl 32 old rare).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 264
9/3/2011 12:00:57   
frogbones
Banned

Knee-jerk releases like this one (and the subsequent attitude/justification by staff), horrible lag, totally imbalanced classes, super delayed releases, overpriced gear, zero communication from the devs----why would anyone continue to play this game in its current state?

All these factors also explain why I haven't bought new gear since Christmastime, and why I'll continue to hold out for the forseeable future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, and I must apologize to my faction (if I'm still in it, lol): Sorry I haven't been on in several days. I understand if I need to get booted. This game just isn't fun anymore.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 265
9/3/2011 12:03:26   
Calogero

Just a quick question...
Is it just me or is there an increase of lag since the release of the Draconic weapons?

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
9/3/2011 12:05:01   
Xx. Christian .xX

For the people who said the new weps are not good, right now im using draconic devastator and ITS WORKING WITH STRENGTH BUILD but the varium is to high
Post #: 267
9/3/2011 12:16:20   
edwardvulture

Tbh balance was a bad example of not buffing seasonal rares when they release these new draconic weapons which seem perfect for stat spamming.
At least buff the back2school one's because no non-varium gear is overpowered (except mjonir)

< Message edited by edwardvulture -- 9/3/2011 12:35:30 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 268
9/3/2011 15:25:08   
Yo son

LOl, you guys would actually send a calender to places like Africa, and Asia; lol, may I ask why? or how much it cost to send these items, to far places like this?
Post #: 269
9/3/2011 15:49:57   
zion

I think this is an important step towards Balance and away from Chaos.

The game has been in developmental stages and every Varium purchase has given players a strong advantage for many months of play.

While I wasn't expecting that buffs would end so abruptly, if its a final step why not do it right away?

There are some weapons that need to be fixed - like dread cannon and frost scimitar - but at least now we know what we will be purchasing with our credits and our money.

Now its simple - go for higher level items and enhance those - sell your old items unless you are a rare hunter.

Just like in Beta when new players asked about Varium - they were told to wait to lvl 30 before purchasing, now I would tell players to do the same - save your Varium until 29 and save enhancements until you have the currently strongest equipment.

Hopefully not too many people are upset - and hopefully the game will grow in a healthy way now that some order is being (re)stored.

-noiz
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 270
9/3/2011 16:33:22   
TurkishIncubus

Item's stats are horrible , they look awesome but just a failure in my opinion only Draconic Devastator (Staff) can be usefull with caster mage :P

Epic  Post #: 271
9/3/2011 16:36:02   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I find it pretty useful, and i am not a caster build, i use the energy staff, as it gives dex ^^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 272
9/3/2011 16:50:02   
Basicball

I'm not sure if i'm aloowed t post this, but the new EpicDuelMegaUpdate video of the update is finaly live

P.S.: if i'm not allowed to post this, could a AK/Mod delete it please and send me a pm?
if it dosn't get deleted, i'm goig to assume it's ok, and post every new EDMU vid in the correct topic (AKA if the upate is live, i'll link to the update's vid)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 273
9/3/2011 16:52:25   
Joe10112

Basicball, in ur video title u spelled ur name wrong :P (Basiball)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 274
9/3/2011 17:03:04   
Basicball

lol, phail xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Design Notes August 30th - A Draconic Design Notes
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition