Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(HS) The Advent of Modo

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) The Advent of Modo
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2011 21:46:17   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Greetings, fellows, I am finally able to start this up... Thank you for waiting, however impatiently you did.

Oh, yes... by the way, this is the sequel to Comedy and Tragedy, which you can find in this link: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18970334&mpage=1&key=�

If you haven't read it, do. There are spoilers ahead, including in the very first sentense of the story- No, don't look down! Do it. READ THE OTHER STORY!!! You'll be glad you did.

Oh, and the related stories, which show events from the point of view of other characters are here:

The Puppet Master (From Jae's PoV): http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18979369&mpage=1&key=?

The Tale of Lady Zafara (from Zafara, Arachnid, and their nemisis... some shadow guy who I don't remember the nam of's PoV's [mostly Zafara's]): http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18972132

The Story of the Hero of Loneliness (From David Blitz's PoV; It is the first story on that thread, btw): http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=18971224

... There may be others, but I do not know for sure, and I don't remeber them, so... Oh, and you may wish to switch between stories while reading those. I reccomend Jae' first 2 or so chapters first, and then the first 3 of Lady Zafara's. Then, you should read David Blitz's first few chapters, followed by chapter... 3? of Comedy and Tragedy. I say chapter three because Lady Zafara's first three chapters are one, her backstory, two, the first chapter of C&T (from her point of view), and 3, the second chapter of C&T from her point of view. I say for you to read her chapters instead of theirs in this case because her version shows both what they are doing, and what she is doing, although you may want to read the first 2 chapters of C&T along side her chapters, for comparison, and to get some details she excluded.

After that, you could probably make your own choices about the order you read chapters in, or you could decide to read just C&T, if you don't want to know what's going on with the other characters in C&T, although I reccomend you read the others along side it.

Prologue: Part One

Gray Sillhouette had just died...

As a fiery rage burned in my heart, I stuck out time and time again against Super Clown, but each time I did, he struck back harder... It was only a matter of time, and that time was drawing very near...

I threw myself into the air and hit the giant Harliquen in the chest so hard that all the glass left unmarred by our fight within the area around us shattered.

He started to get up; I leaped again and crashed into his shoulder, tearing flesh from bone, and shattering the bone itself, sending splinters into the surrounding flesh.

Again and again I struck, but I knew it would not kill the monstrousity that laid before me... No, all I had to do was buy a little more time...

He swong again and again at me, trying to knowck me out of the sky, but to no avail, until he pulled a gargantuan gun on me and fired just as I was in front of it. It still did no good, and the bullet, along with me, plowed straight through his skull.

He collapsed in a heap of dust at my feet, but I knew even then that my task was not over... It wouldn't end so easily... No: Just as the dust settled, I felt a surging pain coursing through my being, sending me flying across the City.

As I was getting up, I was hit again, and as the blast pierced me through my core, I was launched into the shop behind me.

The pain... It would have maddened a lesser man, should he be capable of even unduring the pain enough to not die on the spot...

Clown spoke to me... I registered the words, but they seem distant... like someone with a bad phone connection speaking to you...

I knew my body was failing... I wanted so much to end the pain... I could have numbed myself to it, and prevented the suffering, but I knew if I did... If I let Clown have any time after our fight at all with his powers intact... All of it would be for nothing... I couldn't let that happen...

I was bleeding... It filled my throat, and I gagged, spitting it into Clown's face... I saw him scowl... I tried to get up, but my body wouldn't respond... I felt weaker than I had in a long time...

Just then, he pushed his fist into me... It felt like nothing anyone should ever be able to survive... All my muscle fibres... all my bones... ripping apart and sepperating... all the nerves in my body flaring with pain at once...

Clown complained... He said he couldn't imagine living without our wretched game... our fights of fire and pain which could have ended so many times, if only I had been able... he spoke of destroying the world... everything... of commiting suicide to end his sorrow at his loss... but I knew something he didn't... I knew he'd never get the chance, and even though I couldn't physically accomplish it, I smiled mentally at the fact that I had ended this fight without having to defeat him... I had focussed on entertaining him the entire time, and fought in a way that would leave him as little time as possible to hurt anyone, ever again... I had given him as much to gloat about as possible, and even while I was taking out my anger upon him, I knew that in the back of my mind, I had to make sure he didn't use his full power... I had to keep him amused long enough so that he couldn't win, even if it meant my own life.

I saw him prepare to finish me off as I unraveled even farther, and felt the wind on my brain, and the flesh peel off my skull... but it was over... he didn't know it yet, but it was... three... two... one...

Just as he was about to unleash his final strike, it fizzled... His power had left him... He was only... human...

“No,” He whispered softly. “No…No…NO! NO! NO! NO! NOT NOW! NO!” He screamed it at the top of his lungs. I felt my stores of power surge through me again as I restored myself slowly to prestine health;
It was over.

As his energy left him, the hollow shell that used to be Clown the Jester fell to his knees. The mist of purple and green disapeared; He was completely in my power...

The world was changing around us as Clown's power faded. It returned to the grim world of blood and despair it had been before he had gained the power of the Malachite, though it was much worse...

As I looked upon this twilight world I lived in, a profound sense of sorrow welled up in my heart... all the loss... all the destruction... yet I could not help but feel pity for the grotesque husk that lied on the ground before me...

I grabbed him, and lifted him up by the neck, and looked him in the eyes with a cold fire as my fury returned to me and mixxed with my pool of emotions running through my mind.

He hung there, complaining about his loss of his power... He had not known the depth of the judgement cast upon him as the device poured its power out upon him...

It made me feel worse... It made me wonder if living with no powers would be sorrow and punnishment enough to live under for the man, who had been so powerful but a short time ago.

The wretch compared me to him... My grip tightened as I thought of all he had done, and as he spoke my thoughts aloud... but was it not possible to forgive him? Was I not commanded to do so to even my worst enemies?

My mind raced as I tried to come up with a sollution... It had been so easy before... It had always come so naturally to him... Was he not chosen to bring justice to the people of this city?!?
... But could he really forgive himself for killing the Clown when there was another option? When he could have been thrown in prison fairly certain he would never be able to harm anyone again now that his powers were gone? But he could still even then!!!

My mind went back and forth... oppinions changed, and all the while he was hissing words of poison, trying make me do it...

If only there was more time... I knew there were ways I could prolong the decision... but would that dishonor Gray's memory? Would letting him live corrupt me and lead me to make the wrong choice in the future?

The sides of my mind virually raged war against one another just as Clown had against me... If only... "KILL ME!!!!!!!!!!"

I couldn't control it any longer. A burst of anger bellowed forth from my lungs and from my mind...

The Clown was dead... I was covered in his blood... soaked from head to toe with the red of my enemy...

My anger turned to sorrow... and I left... I wouldn't return for some time...

"Such sweet dreams I've been having", I thought to myself... such death and destruction as there hasn't been since the time I ravaged the land...

The sweet agony... The pain... The deaths...

Then it all came to a climax... I feel a power... so familiar, yet so different... so much more... choatic...

"DEATH!!!!!! SWEET, GLORIOUS DEATH!!!!!!!!!!" Modo screamed in his spiritual prison deep underground, as he awoke from his age-long sleep.

"But even now, Pandora holds me back, curse her..." he groaned, "but soon the time will come that I will escape this prison... and when I do..."

Maniacal laughter shook his prison, and everywhere in the world at once the earth quaked... but it was not a powerful one... noone noticed or connected the quakes until some time later, and by then... it was already far too late...

Prologue: Part Two

It's been 3 years since that day. Those who had fought for the city against the Chaos Carnival and the escaped criminals decided to help with the repairs, but the damage was far too vast for it to seem worth it, especially with the life style they'd have to make do with living if they were to continue with the repairs.

The few jobs there were payed very little, and dwinling food supplies made life a living hell of manual labor in exchange for very slow progress; People were leaving, and many were already gone forever...

So many lost hope... and the wills of those who stayed to help were slowly broken.

Those who stayed in the emergency shelters either left when people came for them, or left on their own, as time went by.

Of those few who actually stayed and lived in the wreckage of the city, whether it was because they were escaped criminals, they had nowhere else to go, because of obligation to family or friends, or for some other reason, it was a daily fight for survival. Some even resorted to canibalism to survive. Those who were skilled or lucky enough to survive for very long learned rules: You either killed or were killed; Steal or die of starvation; You either adapted, or you perished, and you had to put morality aside to survive.

They formed groups... gangs of people who worked together and searched for food and supplies together. Fights broke out, and many died; The landscape was ravaged by conflicts among them, whether they were fights involving smashers, or conflicts filled with brutal usage of weapons of war and death by those who were normal humans, untill it was nothing but a desert wasteland.

The buildings of the city that were not destroyed by fights the smashers participated in were left with the scars of the deadly weapons of the gangs, in their fight for supremacy.

The govornment, of course sent aid initially, whether in the form of supplies, or soldiers to defend the workers, but as the death toll rose, and the cost of continuing the opperation mounted, they cut funding. After all, it was just one city, and the danger involved wasn't worth it, not to mention the shear amount of money it would require to rebuild it, even if there was no violence involved.

Even volunteers from elsewhere, along with food delivery vehicles, ceased coming, fearing for their lives.

The Traders rose in dominance to become, by far, the most powerful of the gangs living in the wastes. Their skill at scavanging, and their knack for business led them to grow in strength and in number as time went on. They eventually controlled the majority of the remenant of the city. They coveted gum for its sugar, and used it as a currency in the trades they are known and named for.

Their power was so great that they ceased to call the city by its true name, and so it was called Tradertown... but those days were not to last forever.

Eventually, after so long a time of domination, their stranglehold came to an end in a single event: The city was raided.

The band of marauders was entirely comprised of Smashers with one goal in mind: take back the city.

The Traders were devestated. Even with the mutants they controlled, they were utterly destroyed. Their leader was killed in the very place of entertainment they had watched those they captured fight to the death for sport. Super City was on its way back to its former glory.

And so it was: slowly, the city was restored. Skyscrapers rose once more, and eventually the chaos Clown the Jester had wrought ceased.

All was good, for a time... This is the story of how the peace was shattered, and we all got pulled back into the harsh reality we live in, filled with hatred, destruction, and above all, death...

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 10/26/2011 19:56:24 >
DF  Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> HeroSmash >> (HS) The Advent of Modo
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition