Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Chapter 1 Clean-Up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Chapter 1 Clean-Up
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/19/2011 16:13:03   
Mordred

quote:

So that some monsters will be level 30 to players below level 30, and then they scale starting at level 31?

Aye, an' then stop scalin' at say... 50.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
9/19/2011 16:16:19   
Dragonlord John!

Or rather 60 Mordred. That way there is a real reason to reach the highest levels.
DF MQ  Post #: 52
9/19/2011 16:18:34   
Mordred

It would be different fer each zone. I'd base th' scalin' on what levels th' rewards be 'round. So, th' lvl cap was ~29/30 fer Osprey Cove an' SotWV, so it should scale appropriately. Whereas, say, Popsprocket, would scale up to 50.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 53
9/19/2011 16:20:57   
Dragonlord John!

That's a great idea. One of my main problems with DF was the lack or point in leveling up.
DF MQ  Post #: 54
9/20/2011 11:18:18   
GalaXyVenom

Dante: Sorry for misplacing the Xan Invasion; I just wasn't into DF in that time.

By the way, Geo should be in FR until you find out that she is the Stone Half.

AQW  Post #: 55
9/20/2011 14:13:38   
Dragonlord John!

You know what I would rather the staff focus on updating all Chapter 1, doing every little thing to make a playable thing from start to finish. They could take as long as they want (a year or so if needed) just making sure it is all done very well.
DF MQ  Post #: 56
9/20/2011 15:00:50   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Wildroses: I disagree with you on the first point.

I myself have struggled against the Mumragon, but the mumragon was plain hard whereas Gary and his master required strategy.

quote:

In all honesty, with very few exceptions I truly think the Orb & Bacon saga can be done in any order as they are fairly self contained and don't reference each other.* The only serious exceptions I can think of are the Water and Darkness Orb Saga. With the Water Orb, it is best to do the Wind Orb first so you know why you can breathe underwater. And the Darkness Orb should be done after Ravenloss purely so you know who Tomix is. But I really think the freedom to move between quest chains if you get stuck should be there. Lots of people have trouble with the Mumragon in the Light Orb chain, and Gary and the Ice General in the Ice Orb chain. I did. If I had been unable to do anything else until I beat these two guys, I would have ragequit. They are difficult fights for new players. I spent weeks, no joke, trying to get past the Mumragon. It was only playing other quest chains and loving them which made me feel it would be worth my while beating it. When I started playing DF, I disliked interaction with other people online, so joining the forums to ask for help is not something I wanted to do.

*In the Sandsea, we were actively searching for the Orbs. Meaning we must've known about them somehow (Wind Orb Saga).

When we are about to negotiate with the Ice Dragons our character makes a comment at Galanoth along the lines of

"Don't start, Artix was bad enough."

Galanoth knows the character in the Fire Orb Saga (assuming he met us in Dragesvard). It is also assumed that Xan lost the Pyronomicon (Xan Saga). The worst is that Sepulchure mentions he has two of the Orbs at the end of the Spy Saga and hints he will soon strike at the girl who holds the Nature Orb.

Wind>Darkness/Light>Ice>Water>Fire>Spy Saga>Nature Earth
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 57
9/20/2011 15:28:01   
Voodoo Master

@DD: I think that the Fire Orb Saga was before the Water Orb one...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 58
9/20/2011 15:30:26   
Baron Dante

Hnnh, I'm almost 100% positive there was something in the Darkness Orb one that made Light Orb be first.

Anyways, yeah. Even with the bare mininum of locks, alone the main storyline is mostly locked down.

DDL: Also, couldn't Fire and Water happen either way?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
9/20/2011 15:40:13   
Ferakin

Baron: ...Nah. I know for sure that Wind Orb was first, and the Death Knight class testing was waaay before Light Orb. I know this because I tested Death Knight with my first character ever, which I deleted sometime before Light Orb saga. And since Death Knight is tied to Darkness Orb saga, I would say that that saga definitely came before Light Orb. It just feels better that way.
DF MQ  Post #: 60
9/20/2011 16:07:39   
Baron Dante

Ferakin: What? If you look at old DNs, Light Orb saga was around first. There was the first round of DK testing back then, and during Darkness Orb, another.

See April 23th, 2008 for "one last testing round" (During Darkness Orb chain) and January 2nd 2008 for the earlier round (Just at the end of Wind Orb chain)

...there was one on december 2007 too.

< Message edited by Baron Dante -- 9/20/2011 16:14:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
9/20/2011 16:12:11   
Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Wind, Light, Darkness. In that order the sagas were released.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
9/20/2011 16:14:39   
Zarkalor

Wait, WHAT?

People were confused between which came first? Light and Darkness sagas?

I thought it was obvious. Even though the Quest Log is outdated, it shows that the Light Orb saga comes before the Darkness Orb saga...
DF AQW  Post #: 63
9/20/2011 16:26:22   
Ferakin

Oh. Ooooh. Oh. Well, I was just going on what I remembered, so I knew that someone was going to correct me on something. But I really did think that Darkness came before Light. Hm. Still pretty sure that DK testing was before Light Saga though.

But really, did anyone expect me to do the research?

ZarK: Wait, did you compare people and me? That would be the worst insult to the human race.

< Message edited by Ferakin -- 9/20/2011 16:36:56 >
DF MQ  Post #: 64
9/20/2011 16:36:20   
Baron Dante

Yes. I do nothing but research. xD But apparently, you were right. First testings came during Wind Orb, then last ones in Darkness.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
9/20/2011 20:36:42   
Jackalope

I really want the orb sagas ordered, and setting level requirements would be good, as well. Since I had no idea about the order, I completed the orb sagas with my main character by going down the list in the "Traveler's Journal." The only conflict would be if a certain orb's quests near the end of Chapter 1 had a lower requirement than the first one. Players would think, "if I'm already at 'x' level, why can't I play these quests?" Just putting in my two cents.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 66
9/21/2011 9:04:58   
iCreepyMage

Im super confused with this whole story line, im completely stuck so im giving up on it, I've tried everything and apparently im not doing all the quests!
Post #: 67
9/21/2011 9:13:31   
Lord Kamus

For me, the order of Orbs Saga are:

1 - Wind Orb;
2 - Light Orb;
3 - Darkness Orb;
4 - Ice Orb;
5 - Energy Orb;
6 - Fire Orb;
7 - Water Orb;
8 - Earth Orb.
AQ  Post #: 68
9/21/2011 9:38:57   
Kalyn Valeheart
Constructively Friendly!

I honestly think the order in which they were released is the best to stick to.

Let's see.

Osprey Cove was released in: August 2007
ShadowWind Village followed in October

Sandsea appeared in January 2008 and the quest chain was finalised in March.

April of 2008 saw the first quests of Necropolis chain ...

Dragesvard came in July 2008.

January of 2009 saw the beginning of the Bacon Orb Quest chain. Bacon orb Quest series ended in May 2009

Popsprocket and initial quests were released in Februrary 2009

Then there was the Great Fire War over the Summer

The Locker came at the beginning of 2010

Earth Orb saga was released the last and should be the last, imho, followed by Chapter 1 finale.

What about side storylines, such as Ravenloss, DragonMage and earlier Storm (which came in Jan 2009 sometime) and Xan's storylines, for instance?

playing as a new player, I"m not really sure whether to bother with the 10 elemental essences required to unlock it or not. And I only know it's there and what for because I played through it from the beginning almost.

< Message edited by Kalyn Valeheart -- 9/21/2011 9:46:57 >
DF  Post #: 69
9/21/2011 10:06:01   
necrobob2.0

I agree. I've done all the town story lines except for Popsprocket and I can't even beat the first quest. Maybe an order like this would help me so I can do the Finale.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 70
9/21/2011 13:17:53   
Baron Dante

Kalyn: And as we know, canonically, when a player does Wind Orb, only one of them happen. Currently, everything points at Osprey Cove being the "true" version. That needs to be changed.

quote:

What about side storylines, such as Ravenloss, DragonMage and earlier Storm (which came in Jan 2009 sometime) and Xan's storylines, for instance?

All but DragonMage are main storyline as well.

And yes, get rid of the 10 Elemental Essence requirement. New players will be discouraged by it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
9/21/2011 14:05:46   
steel blade

Darkness Saga, however, has something to do with Tomix Saga. In the finale, Tomix takes care of Vayle. But the question is this: Does the Tomix Saga fit before the events of the Darkness Saga, or in the midst, or after the Saga but however was continued overtime?
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
9/21/2011 14:20:06   
Baron Dante

steel blade: I've pointed it out before, but the Darkness Orb thing happens anywhere between finding the first key to finding the last key.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
9/21/2011 14:22:39   
Lord Kamus

@ Steel Blade: It was hapenned before or in the middle of Ravenloss Saga, because in the End of Part 1 of Ravenloss Tomix loses his SpiritLooms, and in the Darkness saga he have it.
AQ  Post #: 74
9/21/2011 14:42:57   
Highlord Sendai

Ravenloss Saga has no part in the main Chapter 1 and as thus shouldn't be apart of the list.

Also, Dragonsgrasp should be unlocked at the same time as the Darkness Orb Part 2.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: Chapter 1 Clean-Up
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition