Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 10 of 23«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/20/2011 11:22:08   
Mortarion

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, okay, sooooooooooooooo, when is next chapter? I thirst for more
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 226
11/20/2011 11:31:52   
lordkaho
Creative!

Patience. I'm still trying piece things out. Will be done maybe later this week.
DF MQ  Post #: 227
11/20/2011 11:33:42   
Mortarion

Okay *goes to corner of psycopath impatience*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 228
11/20/2011 21:14:52   
Glais

Hmmm, so Noir's an MQ Vampire....shame you aren't active in MQ's boards or you'd understand why that amuses me so much more xD
However, that changes things a bit, can't say I like the idea of the Noir arc, but that's mainly because I think it will be soon when in actuality it won't.
DF MQ  Post #: 229
11/20/2011 22:16:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

I actually love the concept behind the MQ vampires. In fact, it's my favorite AE related vamp story since they proved that you can have an interesting vamp story without werewolves. They way they added some mystery to the Necryptos vampires was well done. Too bad the ending was kinda dumb though. Lord Piotr is just awesome. About the Noir arc, it wont be out for about 10 or 15 chapters or so. Jeanne's story is still up ahead.
DF MQ  Post #: 230
11/20/2011 22:21:09   
Glais

Well as far as me and the Vampires, it's just a....very long and stupid story xP

But I agree, MQ Vampires were the only ones since Count CocoFang from Invader Zim that I liked. They had some cool Mechs too.
DF MQ  Post #: 231
11/20/2011 22:40:50   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Well as far as me and the Vampires, it's just a....very long and stupid story xP

Oh do elaborate, even a little. I like long stupid stories.

It might give me some insights on what people think of vampires, since the second half of this story is essentially a vampire story anyway.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 11/20/2011 22:41:27 >
DF MQ  Post #: 232
11/20/2011 22:47:32   
Glais

It all began on the dark planet of Necryptos. Initially the Vampire Lords were challenging, but fairly normal enemies. So a um...great warrior...yes that works, decided to opt against using the recommended Vampire Hunter Mech, he hated the looks anyways. Once Akana hit though, people complained of her difficulty but she was still stopped by this warrior-person. After several *number of time* word spread of a new Enemy:The Vladic Knight. It was reported to be a complete monster. This made this warrior more determined than ever to never use this Vampire Hunter, which would cost him dearly...

Skip a year forward and he has FINALLY defeated the Vampires. Something the VH could have done months ago ._.

In short, it was really only my pride/stupidity of choice to never use a VH Mech. As a result, I had to wait until Halloween this year in order to finish the planet :/

But that's quite a bit off topic....
DF MQ  Post #: 233
11/20/2011 22:59:14   
lordkaho
Creative!

Haha, I know what you mean. People called me crazy when I rushed Planet Necryptos at level 15. I was doing fairly well, then I hit Akana. I was close to rage quitting when I decided to throw 500 NGs at the lv5 VH.

Ever since then, due to my somewhat divine luck, I have been OHKOing every Vampire Lord with my trusty stake.

/off-topic-ness
DF MQ  Post #: 234
11/21/2011 14:17:09   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

quote:

Noir Schwarze

The translation to Englisj is 'Black Black'. I see you speak German and French. Anyway, to the story.

The character of Jean seems to be a bit Artix-like or as you put it during the interlude before Chapter 5 Jean seems to be a 'fanatical monastic knight'. I also want to know why she keeps on resisting magic. If she went against my L&L character, she would just resist the magic he would eventually use.

Sir Pulchure? I wonder who that is

I want to know how long before the rest of the story the battle against him was...
DF  Post #: 235
11/21/2011 17:46:10   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

English translation is "Black Black"
Well bingo! We have a winner here. Her name actually just references her jet black hair. About Jeanne; well yes you could say she's Artix-like but she's no Xitra. Jeanne's particularly not the nicest person out there. Her resistance to magic is a major plot point so you'll have to wait about that. Dont bother about Sir Pulchure by the way as the prologue is the only part where he shows up.
DF MQ  Post #: 236
11/21/2011 19:50:55   
Glais

Clever...but doesn't the prologue technically take place more towards the middle of the current story? Like foreshadowing or such.
DF MQ  Post #: 237
11/21/2011 19:52:29   
lordkaho
Creative!

It's takes place after the end of the story since the fight with Sir Pulchure results in Jeanne eventually wandering into Oaklore and bumping into Lady Celestia.
DF MQ  Post #: 238
11/21/2011 19:55:11   
Glais

Celestial you say? I hope this doesn't become "and that is how Jeanne became the DF character" etc...
DF MQ  Post #: 239
11/21/2011 20:03:29   
lordkaho
Creative!

Like I said in my first post, this is an expansion of my DF character background entry that I submitted into the Character Background entry contest.

Hounds of God is only a means to connect the two, but the story as a whole will not be heavily impacted by it.

Of course, during the course of time, I have decided DF in-game Jeanne obviously does not equal Jeanne, LK's creation. The two are just vastly different. That's why I have started to cease roleplaying in the DFGD.
DF MQ  Post #: 240
11/21/2011 20:20:30   
Glais

Well, you could treat it this way. Think of how Artix has a DF character named Artix, but the NPC is a Paladin in the game with
His own story. Obviously DF's story doesn't apply to Artix since he already has a story. That's how I treat it for my own character anyhow, since his backstory does not follow DF's really.
DF MQ  Post #: 241
11/22/2011 0:42:37   
lordkaho
Creative!

Added Interlude no.2

Nothing really much, but I just want to add some details to those interested. You might want to check this out, Mortarion.
DF MQ  Post #: 242
11/22/2011 0:47:12   
Glais

Interesting, the thing with the groups of Knights reminds me of the Spess Mehreens.
Hm, just wondering, I had an idea for an L&L since my drawing skills decided to die on me, would you mind if I used the Inquisition? Not any of the characters, but the organization may make for a good plot point, though Noir could work too.

But yeah I like this background bit. Will any of them appear later on?
DF MQ  Post #: 243
11/22/2011 0:58:01   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

the thing with the groups of Knights reminds me of the Spess Mehreens.

I guess you could just replace in Knight Divisions with Spess Mehreen Chapters.

quote:

would you mind if I used the Inquisition? Not any of the characters, but the organization may make for a good plot point, though Noir could work too.

Normally, I'd say no. But since I'm feeling kinda generous today, sure thing. Do take care of them though. They're like my children, hehe.

quote:

But yeah I like this background bit. Will any of them appear later on?

For a head start, in Jeanne's main arc we will be seeing another Venator and an Executor Maledicta. Noir's arc will feature the Oprichniki.

DF MQ  Post #: 244
11/22/2011 1:07:37   
Glais

Well yeah, I'll try to make it unique, I noticed people usually ask to use Jeanne and such, but I find the Inquisition more usable for a story plot, especially with the main characters I plan to use....

Hm, so they will appear eh? Cool, I guess I should've expected that as it'd be a waste for them to exist and not be used....
Also, I remember you saying that there's no main Antagonist, so how's Lawrence going to aid in the end...as in it seems there's nothing to aid against o_O
spoiler:

And Jeanne(s) are emotions? That's odd, I wonder how exactly this will work. Are they akin to Embodiments in DF, which were sentient emotions?
DF MQ  Post #: 245
11/22/2011 1:20:42   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

I noticed people usually ask to use Jeanne and such

Really? Never really noticed. But feel free to use the Inquisition.

quote:

Lawrence going to aid in the end...as in it seems there's nothing to aid against o_O

spoiler:

Who said she's aiding anyone? She does whatever she wants.

@spoiler

spoiler:

Not, really. Embodiments are merely physical manifestations, but that's it. Jeanne on the other hand is a conceptual entity that can only be truly harmed by conceptual magic. Said magic is something akin to reality warping that twists the laws of the world, such as defying logic, denying casualty, reversal of truth...etc. For example is a spell that erases a person's capability to express emotions. If used on Jeanne, since she IS an emotion, she will be erased from reality.
DF MQ  Post #: 246
11/22/2011 1:22:18   
Glais

Hm, I could've sworn YOU'D said that, maybe I was mistaken, though I sound a bit self-righteous saying "maybe" heh....
Hm, well it was only two people who asked I guess, Aizen and Mort, but I think they asked to use Jeanne along with it, not sure...
DF MQ  Post #: 247
11/22/2011 1:25:36   
lordkaho
Creative!

quote:

Hm, I could've sworn YOU'D said that, maybe I was mistaken

Said what?

Aizen and Mortarion using Jeanne by the way, has something more to do with the fact that she's my main character and representative of sorts rather than they actually show interest in her.
DF MQ  Post #: 248
11/22/2011 1:37:24   
Glais

Can't find the quote now despite seeing it every time I check this thread xD
It was something along "Lawrence will help out at the end" or something.
DF MQ  Post #: 249
11/22/2011 1:40:07   
lordkaho
Creative!

What I said is that she's going to do something BIG, but I never said she was going to help anyone.
DF MQ  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 10 of 23«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition