Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 3 of 23«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/27/2011 22:19:36   
Mordred

aizen, sometimes, you'll have characters that just aren't into romance/sexuality. Mordred Tumultu, for instance, has never been romantically interested in anyone. Albus Dumbledore from Harry Potter was portrayed(as I see it) as a very asexual character. Often, it's because they're "above" it, the writer doesn't want them portrayed that way, or they just aren't into it due to their personality. They seem to make for "flat" characters, but often, it could be for some underlying reason. Batman, for instance, was incredibly asexual in behavior, because he saw romance as a distraction. He had a serious obsession with his crimefighting, and it left little room for romance.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 51
9/27/2011 22:23:25   
aizenv3
Banned

Yea, I obviously know that. I just want to make her more "open" to her inner circle of Inquisistors. Vladimir himself doesn't find romance "all cut out". He just never found interest. Hard for him to be social btw

< Message edited by aizenv3 -- 9/27/2011 22:28:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
9/27/2011 22:41:17   
lordkaho
Creative!

Oh that will be a crucial part in her character development, which comes much later. She may not be into romance, but don't you dare harm her soldiers.

Either way, the only relationship she considers is entirely platonic. Any advances going over that and she'll just give you a puzzled look.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/27/2011 23:35:30 >
DF MQ  Post #: 53
9/29/2011 11:15:23   
lordkaho
Creative!

First part of Chapter 2!

Also *face palm* at Chapter 1. I apparently threw around the word traitor when Janeas was never been one in the first place. Made some "rewording" there.

Oh whenever I write or draw about the Inquisition I always listen to these.

Red Army Choir- Let's Go

Red Alert 3- Soviet March

I always get so militaristic whenever I listen to them. Nothing like having your own army crushing the enemy under their mighty boots, then again I'm probably suffering some sort of wrong genre savvy here since my character is in a place where people are basically One-Man armies.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/29/2011 11:21:04 >
DF MQ  Post #: 54
9/29/2011 11:17:13   
aizenv3
Banned

OOOOOOO Jeanne's in trouble. Dont worry. A psychopathic scientist wielding a wakizashi can always even the odds
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
9/29/2011 11:29:15   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

Does the grand inquisitor look like this by any chance?

I do not understand the concept of a grand inquisitor, isn't the king the god (on earth?) they revere? So why would they need a leader rather than a council to lead them?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
9/29/2011 11:30:26   
aizenv3
Banned

@DD

I had that same exact image in my head as well
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
9/29/2011 11:34:20   
Mortarion

*a strange kind of sarcophagus starts to float this way, inside of what remains of it one can see a man made entirely of mana*

Ahhhh great chapter Lord Kaho, and the mage that jeanne killed, I can't help but say this, pedophile way too much?, I meant it's obvious that he was of more like in his 20-30 and Jeanne is like 16 I think?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
9/29/2011 11:45:56   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Mortarion: I think it has got something to do with the otherworldly grace of Jeanne some find to be divine, you do know how angels are described, do you not?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 59
9/29/2011 11:49:29   
aizenv3
Banned

@DD

Nah, it was a pedophile. Old and cranky one at that too
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
9/29/2011 11:50:48   
Mortarion

^Exactly Aizen, and DD I don't know how angels are portrayed, care to enlighteng me?, and anyone likes what I am?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
9/29/2011 12:00:48   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

@Mortarion: Ever read how soldiers that looked upon an angel's face were struck by lightning? Awe is the best word that comes to mind.

@aizenv3: Perhaps, either lordkaho wanted to make him truly despicable or Jeanne is just that unearthly (from what I understand he called upon the forces of the Light Plane).

< Message edited by Dwelling Dragonlord -- 9/29/2011 12:10:49 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
9/29/2011 12:03:33   
lordkaho
Creative!

@DD

Yes, exactly in the time of AQW, the Inquisition has torn apart and greatly swayed from what it actually was Never mind this. Screw AQW continuity. King Alteon is still the figure head of the Inquisition while the Grand Inquisitor relays "his" will* to the rest. Much like Papacy, he has those mysterious robed people that act like Bishops who in turn form a council of Elders. I'll expand on the Inquisitorial hierarchy and system later. Remember, most of the Inquisitors except the Knights never dare show themselves to King Alteon in fear that such an Order as unspeakable as this exist will explode into the public. An order that willfully kills indiscriminately in Alteon's "name", just right under his nose. Of course this is one of the great ironies regarding the so called Holy Order.

About Jeanne's "presence", aizen already knows what she is.

*This part will be major plot point in the future.

off-topic: stupid third world country internet

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 9/29/2011 12:13:17 >
DF MQ  Post #: 63
9/29/2011 15:31:33   
Zarkalor

I'll be watching this closely, the story really interests me.

Jeanne living again confuddled me, so I'll be reading on as the story progresses to find out how.

And hey! A brilliant artist AND a writer? Double whammy!
DF AQW  Post #: 64
9/29/2011 19:04:40   
lordkaho
Creative!

^The prologue is set in the future. Her little monologue at the end hinted that. There's also the fact that Sir Vice is still alive.
DF MQ  Post #: 65
9/30/2011 11:09:50   
Zarkalor

I figured as much, but wasn't certain. Thanks for confirming.

Anyway, looking forward for more.

< Message edited by Zarkalor -- 9/30/2011 11:10:08 >
DF AQW  Post #: 66
9/30/2011 21:36:35   
lordkaho
Creative!

This is a long one. But second half of Chapter 2 done!
DF MQ  Post #: 67
9/30/2011 22:54:26   
aizenv3
Banned

quote:

'Heaven Breaker'

Sounds heavenly, yet evil
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
9/30/2011 23:02:35   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Considering who it is, the name makes sense.

DF MQ  Post #: 69
9/30/2011 23:05:53   
aizenv3
Banned

Interesting.......I'll keep my evil eye on you

-__0
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
10/2/2011 23:16:34   
lordkaho
Creative!

Chapter 3 up! 2nd part will be done later.
DF MQ  Post #: 71
10/3/2011 4:17:14   
lordkaho
Creative!

Chapter 3 is done! It's kinda long so I split it up in 2 parts.
DF MQ  Post #: 72
10/3/2011 9:43:31   
.Discipline

I love the new chapter and all of the story, actually. It's pretty darn gripping. One thing I will say is that at points you tend to switch for future to past tense, but the story still makes sense, I suppose. I also enjoy how you use lots of descriptive words which are quite uncommon, it makes for a more vivid image.

Keep up the good work. Jeanne's going to need to be careful who she goes around killing, though. That last one may prove to be somewhat of a harsh mistake...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
10/3/2011 14:21:07   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

The summoning hardly sounds like necromancy to me, blood magic or corruptive magic would seem closer to it's origins.

The chapter itself is thrilling, though if Noxus really had possessed such knowledge we would've been beaten rather badly.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 74
10/3/2011 16:33:35   
Mortarion

*is drooling at the heresy present in this chapter* Me likes new chapter, but is it my idea, but in chpt 2 you mentioned Seppy's wife, right?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 3 of 23«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition