Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 8 of 23«<678910>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/19/2011 10:37:05   
lordkaho
Creative!

I don't think she does. If she did, she would be at least aware that she was in a fictional story.
DF MQ  Post #: 176
11/19/2011 12:18:54   
Mortarion

I emant in the sense tat she can summon creatures from other realities that are not from lore and may come from other sources
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 177
11/19/2011 12:57:20   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

quote:

Jeanne's hidden
cuteness made her heart race so much that she had to clutch her chest from trouble of breathing.

Was it your intention to show it like this?

I was half-and-half expecting some picture with (gleeful) Jeanne and the Pridelord.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 178
11/19/2011 18:52:39   
lordkaho
Creative!

@DD: If it isn't obvious yet, Noir has a "crush" on Jeanne. And Mortarion, that's hardly what breaking the 4th wall. In fact, since Lawrence comes from Terra, she only summons monsters conceptualized there, not Lore.
DF MQ  Post #: 179
11/19/2011 18:56:53   
Mortarion

Hmm then I must renew my knowledge
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 180
11/19/2011 19:00:41   
Glais

That was....a very weird chapter.
I don't know, everything just felt so....off to me...
DF MQ  Post #: 181
11/19/2011 19:04:48   
lordkaho
Creative!

Knew you guys would feel alienated by it but I had to make Jeanne settle down things a bit with Noir. She can't stay like that forever (read HURR UNDEAD IMA GONNA KILL YOU HERETIC).

And well, despite being a warrior, Jeanne is still a young girl deep inside.

< Message edited by lordkaho -- 11/19/2011 19:09:17 >
DF MQ  Post #: 182
11/19/2011 19:10:34   
Glais

But...the chapter was the total opposite.
Most of Jeanne's lines=Noir I R GUNN KEEL YOU MAYNE!
In some way or form. Plus, I don't know, it was just...weird o_O I rather enjoyed the bits showing more of the inner workings of the Imperium Inquisition (I don't know why Imperium comes to my mind first, it's somewhat annoying xD). And you managed to knock down Lawrence to an interesting level, this chapter though...was just sorta out of whack to me.

I also just realized how easy it would be to make an AQW Jeanne and the Inquisition, half the stuff's already at that Citadel...
DF MQ  Post #: 183
11/19/2011 19:17:38   
lordkaho
Creative!

^

Trust has to start off somewhere. I simply cannot have Jeanne fall for Noir in a single chapter. Their sisterhood has just begun.
DF MQ  Post #: 184
11/19/2011 19:19:20   
Mortarion

quote:

"I, too, have some skills that made me an exception to the rule like you"

I think this should be

quote:

"I, too, have some skills that made me an exception to the rule, like you"

Or more like

quote:

"I, too, have some skills that made me an exception to the rule, just like you",

Well I think it would look better that way, making it more fluid, atleast to my eyes ofc
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 185
11/19/2011 19:21:03   
Glais

Well, technically it should be "I too, have some skills that..." blahblahblah etc, etc.

Anyways, what I meant is in this chapter Jeanne seems more determined than ever to kill Noir.
DF MQ  Post #: 186
11/19/2011 19:26:02   
lordkaho
Creative!

@Mortarion

Thanks. I'll check that.

@Glaisaurus

Huh, it's the opposite actually. You shouldn't take everything what people says at face value. If she were more determined to kill Noir, she wouldn't have left the room in the first place. She'd be dragging her body no matter how weak she feels and try to fight Noir.
DF MQ  Post #: 187
11/19/2011 19:27:44   
Glais

True, the way she repeated it....like 5 times was a bit odd, I'll have to be more observant next time...
DF MQ  Post #: 188
11/19/2011 19:32:06   
Mortarion

It's my pleasure to help you LK, I must admit, I like Lawrence a lot, her personality seems to be one wich I would enjoy to have as company, eerg suddenly I can't help but wonder how it would be a fight between her, Lawrence and Abathur or Mortarion
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 189
11/19/2011 19:39:17   
lordkaho
Creative!

Just interpret it as "Perhaps you're not that monstrous as what the Inquisition has taught me." and other clues would be how she was yelling like mad earlier down to being calm and reserved in th end. Of course, whenever Jeanne says she's going to kill Noir, the latter thinks that its a display of attention. Btw, nobody mentions Jeanne being all tsundere?
DF MQ  Post #: 190
11/19/2011 19:41:23   
Mortarion

I don't know what's tsundere, and a quick question, do the R'lyeh contain the information that Al-Azif contained?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 191
11/19/2011 19:43:48   
Glais

Heard of Tsundere, but I can't say I've seen enough anime to know what it is, not generally an anime fan.

Anyhow, yeah I find Lawrence good as well, but with the way you handled her it brought her into proportion with enough dislikableness that she doesn't shine over the story as I had previously thought.

Also the thought of her getting a Solar-verse Demon as a familiar would be....interesting to say the least, not that it could happen but if somehow it DID o_o
DF MQ  Post #: 192
11/19/2011 19:47:51   
Mortarion

I must say, I enjoyed this latest chapter, such contrast with the jeanne you had presented now, also did I mention that I found it, how to say so "delightfull" the small discurse that Lawrence said about Jeannes paralel in earth, I must say I am enjoying this a lot, by the way, have you thought of my offer LK?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 193
11/19/2011 19:58:05   
lordkaho
Creative!

The R'lyeh Text contains spells related to specifically to the Cthluhu mythos. Al-Azif on the other hand, contained ancient Arabian monsters that it's author, Abdul Alhazerad, saw in his journey in the desert. Any glad that you think of Lawrence that way, Glai.
DF MQ  Post #: 194
11/19/2011 20:01:22   
Mortarion

Hmm, could Lawrence recover the Al-Azif in any way?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 195
11/19/2011 20:02:19   
Glais

Well, it's pretty much...ashes, so I doubt it.
Unless she's like, an Alchemist, which it doesn't seem she is.
DF MQ  Post #: 196
11/19/2011 20:04:46   
Mortarion

But it seemed like it was a copy, and I am sure lawrence has a few books on alchemy
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 197
11/19/2011 20:05:41   
Glais

If it was a copy, then it wouldn't be all magical yo o_O
Though she probably does, that does not make her an Alchemist herself, as on Earth Alchemy was relatively impossible.
DF MQ  Post #: 198
11/19/2011 20:06:28   
Mortarion

Ahhh, but she can always ask our gnome friend a little help ;)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 199
11/19/2011 20:07:20   
Glais

But she wouldn't be an expert at it or anything, unless she'd started long ago, which is possible since she's the librarian and probably has been for some time.
DF MQ  Post #: 200
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (DF) The Hounds of God- Discussion
Page 8 of 23«<678910>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition