Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: TLaPD weapons too strong!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: TLaPD weapons too strong!!!
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/23/2011 7:37:44   
Calogero

I mean look at it...
quote:

Damage Type: Physical
Equipment Type: Gun
Damage: +33
Enhancement Slots: 6
Stat Modifiers
Technology: +6
Support: +10
Requirements
Level Required: 33
Dexterity required: 32
Support required: 41

+10 Support ( excluding enhancements ) with a requirement of 41 Support...
I am wondering what they were thinking...

@ BlueKatz

TLM Nerfed.... Hard to believe it really It's been a month since Delta launch and here we are...

< Message edited by andy123 -- 9/23/2011 7:38:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
9/23/2011 7:39:18   
BlueKatz

Hey... is it just me or Field Medic has way too good stat process? I heard peopel want to nerf it but why don't we just change it's stat process a little?

quote:

Field Medic: Restores your health or an ally's health during combat.
Energy Required:
Level 1: 17
Level 2: 19
Level 3: 21
Level 4: 23
Level 5: 25
Level 6: 27
Level 7: 29
Level 8: 31
Level 9: 33
Level 10: 35
Weapon Required: None
Stat Required: 16 Technology (+3 per skill level)
Level Required: 1
Improves With: Support (+1 Health at 22 Support; +1 Health per 3 Support after)
Warm Up: 0
Cool Down: 4

Not sure if +3 Support is right or not... but that's so cheap. Shouldn't it be at least 4?

The down side of nerfing Healing that TM will be sucked right away
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 52
9/23/2011 7:53:54   
Kpig2

If you pay for the game then you get a advantage. If you put more money in you get a even more advantage vsing other players. Now it comes down to "Do you really like the game to pay for it?"
When it 1st came out i saw it fit to get founders gear and beta member stuff (even tho i never used beta member stuff before) That made any founder super powerful for a long long time.
Now founder gear is alot weaker then most other stuff now. Myself i still use it and my "Soul Ripper" because im not going to pay a game that is bug as hell also i would like to know that ED would like to keep in mind that
Founders helped the game get on its feet and highly likely there are still founders that still play E.G T.600 and myself. But getting back to the point. Any Game you pay for you ALWAYS get a advantage somehow.

Its just how the Makers of games get more money.
Like they say "Money = Power"
Epic  Post #: 53
9/23/2011 8:09:26   
BlueKatz

quote:

+10 Support ( excluding enhancements ) with a requirement of 41 Support...
I am wondering what they were thinking...

Yeah I know, I use it for my Support Mer alt too.
But it's a nice thing for Support build. After all it's imbalance's fault, not the stat itself. There are always gears that match builds
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 54
9/23/2011 8:11:03   
Jekyll

I think it is inaccurate to compare a new non-varium weapon and a old varium weapon. As the game progresses, weapons that were once good slowly become outdated. When you buy varium, it is not for eternal advantage, but rather advantage in the game at that point in time. As powerful as the delta set may seem right now, it will be useless when the levelcap reaches, say, 40. The varium weapons now are very strong, and compared to the TLaPD non-varium weapons, they boast more enhancement slots and stats. Look at the Pirate Blunderbuss and Kurz Elite for example - they are worlds apart. The devs are smart, they would want varium players to have an advantage so more people would purchase it. Varium and non-varium players will never be on the same level. After all, that's what we are paying for, aren't we?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
9/23/2011 8:19:54   
ngshuyi94

Ways non varium help out:

1. On the forum for discussions as well as to new players who dk the game.

2. Introduce to game to others, increase the popularity and new players might end up buying varium, hence indirectly "buying varium'.

3. Without non varium, it will be harder to find battles and obviously varium players cant do the high % like they are doing right now.

Im not saying this coz im a non varium, but come on, what T. 600 say is right if u look at those weapons, varium players still stand an advantage over others. Moreover, i am sure that they will come out with new and more epic varium weapons. The reason why the TLAPD weapons are so strong is that they are the latest and they are lv 33 and they are seasoanl rares. Besides, those weapons only help on support build, theres no clear advantage for other kind of builds.

Finally, if u really wanna compare, non varium weapons probably have much fewer enhancements because it is simply too expensive and hence varium players still have a much higher advantage.

< Message edited by ngshuyi94 -- 9/23/2011 8:31:38 >

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 56
9/23/2011 8:21:32   
Kpig2

quote:

After all, that's what we are paying for, aren't we?

quote:

"Money = Power"

I think we are on the same page here =D

Your right there Jekyll Gear does become out of date. I still use all the gear that i used around 1 year ago with founder stuff.
I still get my kills but kinda hard when people walk out with Super Powered gear dont you think?
Epic  Post #: 57
9/23/2011 8:22:50   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

To put it simply, a lvl 31 varium gun will have the same ability of a lvl 33 non varium gun is just what the Balance Team intended with the stat standards they're working on right now. 2 levels can make a difference in power but not enough to blow you away like ants in a vacuum the way the gap used to be.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
9/23/2011 8:27:49   
Xendran

Yes, field medic is pretty ridiculous. Not uncommon to see a level 1 heal at 50+.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 59
9/23/2011 8:31:36   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

I've seen a Level 1 FM with around 60, making it static and not effected by support will be good (or whatever the intention is)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 60
9/23/2011 8:34:04   
Jekyll

@Kpig2 Definitely! All games are the same - more money means more power. However, because of the pvp nature of ED, this gets highlighted more, with varium and non-varium players going up against one another. In games like AQW, players fight monsters more than they fight each other, so there won't be much complaint.

@ngshuyi94 Non-varium players are those who probably do not see winning as such an important thing. I see some of them who can lose game after game but still remain. So the bottom line is: Varium players get a quicker route to the top, with stuff like enhancements which CAN be bought by non-variums players. Ultimately, I feel that this game still retains part of its strategy-likeness. Hence, I agree with your point on the importance of non-variums too.

:)

Edit: ^I'm kinda new to this balance thing, so what if heal was affected by agility too? The more health you have, the less energy it takes and the less it heals?

Posts merge, because of a thread was merge. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/23/2011 15:59:04 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 61
9/23/2011 8:45:43   
Xendran

No, thats not how it should work.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 62
9/23/2011 8:50:31   
ngshuyi94

Ty jeky, but hey, winning is important to me! =P I always try my best to win all of my battles, even those that seem impossible.

Sig removed. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/23/2011 15:59:36 >
Epic  Post #: 63
9/23/2011 8:50:57   
Sparticus

@The ND Mallet Guy:
quote:

but not enough to blow you away like ants in a vacuum

Can you please send me the Youtube link to this, I'd love to see what that actually looks like.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
9/23/2011 9:00:13   
PivotalDisorder

@Jekyll: its ok man, Mr Hyde has been very vocal in the balance topic, for you :)

Wiseman is the one who said the change to field medic is definitely coming, with a long term solution for support in the not so near future.
Post #: 65
9/23/2011 9:04:09   
Jekyll

Guess I made too big a sweeping statement then! I suppose the people I were referring to were those with losses twice or thrice that of their wins. Sorry!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
9/23/2011 9:21:10   
dont give up

hmm well didnt devs care about non varium so they give this kind of weps to them. and if you ever realize varium get way more weps than non varium and now you dont like how non varium get a new weps once a year? well for me these weps are great for non varium. but there is not alot of pro non varium like us before. (if you are a non varium before) so yeah if you dont like non varium getting stronger cus of does weps then i will see you only like easy wins from non varium ;)

< Message edited by dont give up -- 9/23/2011 9:22:27 >
Post #: 67
9/23/2011 9:32:44   
ngshuyi94

@ jeky, its okay.

But yeah, those are ridiculous, lol.

Sig removed. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/23/2011 16:00:00 >
Epic  Post #: 68
9/23/2011 9:35:43   
Silver Sky Magician

If a full-varium player can even have problems with a non-varium player of the same level, it is evident that the issue lies if the varium player's build, not the 'overpoweredness' of non-varium items. Soul, quit the childish complaining and stop attributing the problem to non-varium items rather than your own lack of skill, since it is obvious that varium players still outclass non-varium players significantly in terms of gear.
Post #: 69
9/23/2011 9:39:03   
ngshuyi94

@ above

I agree, there are only 2 reasons why a varium will lose to a non varium.

1. The varium player have lousy build.

2. Super unlucky, like 5 crits in a battle?! lol.

Sig removed. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/23/2011 16:00:19 >
Epic  Post #: 70
9/23/2011 9:52:06   
Matgon

The gap between varium and non-varium should not be this big in the first place, I'm glad non-variums are getting stronger equipment and I hope they keep getting more.

Besides they have to work harder than a varium player for their credits.

< Message edited by Matgon -- 9/23/2011 9:53:14 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 71
9/23/2011 10:13:26   
edwardvulture

they're pressing the 1 on 1 button more instead of doing npcs and i bpught everything. (haha)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
9/23/2011 10:16:55   
SouL Prisoner

@jek

quote:

I think it is inaccurate to compare a new non-varium weapon and a old varium weapon

well if its soo then lets compare the best zooka now n that's bunny zooka (damage 38+) and now the non varium TLaPD aux (damage 37+ FTW!!!) is this fair ????

paying 2200 varium for a aux n u get 1+ damage ( thats all!!!!) is that great deal????

now if u say "bunny zooka is rare " we get some rarity ok!! even the pirate weapons give rarity (500 rarity) n plus howz rarity gonna help me fight battle !! , battle is wat it all matter n thats the only reason v buy varium weapons... to get more strong n get the higher advantage .

@ngshuyi94 & Silver Sky Magician oo really is my build soo bad , y not meat me up in the game n hve a piece of ME!!

guys m telling only this coz i do juggs n u ppl, r only comparing ur self with varium players as 1v1 only that's the point ur missing.... how can a alone person beat 2 strong fully geared up non var players!!

ok the only solution to this is :

1 . reduce the max lvl of the jugg opponent frm 30 to 28. or
2 . reduce the stats n damge of the non varium weapons or
3 . increase the stats n damage of the varium players ( this would decently balance the game)

< Message edited by soulprisnerx -- 9/23/2011 10:24:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
9/23/2011 10:24:20   
ngshuyi94

Advantage of bunny zooka over pirate cannon:

1. 1 more damage. (+38 and +37)

2. 7 more stats. (+6 dex, +7 tech and +6 support for bunny and +6 tech and support for pirate)

3. More enhancement slots. (8 compared to 6)

4. Much better looks, its obvious, isnt it, Bunny looks so EPIC and pirate cannon looks like... -_-

5. More rarity score as mentioned above.

Anyway soul, since when did i ever say that ur build is bad? Come on, read properly please, i give respect to everyone and wont say such a thing. If anything sounds offensive to u, then im sorry.

Sig removed. ~Mecha

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 9/23/2011 16:00:40 >
Epic  Post #: 74
9/23/2011 10:28:41   
BlueKatz

Yeah I can't see why 9 more stats and 1 more damage is small...

Now we have weapon, gun, aux, bot
Let's say each of them get 10 more stats (even def res and damage are greater buff)

Then at the same level Var already get 40 more stats... Around 8 levels diff
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: TLaPD weapons too strong!!!
Page 3 of 30«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition