Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 7 of 40«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/17/2012 8:43:42   
liamliam1234liam

I absolutely, absolutely agree. Have a separate posting format.
DF  Post #: 151
2/19/2012 18:08:37   
Un67

... it really pains me to say that I am locking Tales right after it has been approved. However, I am finding the format very painful to write with and the proto-updates I have tried to create are simply not of a good enough quality for me to really allow people to have, and I am discovering I don't really have as much time to do this as I thought I would. I might try and redo this later, but ugh, the format is just not working out for me in any way. Sorry for disappointing anyone who had their hopes up, but I assure you that it would have been worse if I ended up continuing.
AQ DF  Post #: 152
2/19/2012 18:34:33   
Heroic Necro

Might not want to lock it. Didn't Starstruck want a go at a Forum Adventure?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 153
2/19/2012 18:43:11   
kkutwar

Just follow the path of MS Paint Fan Adventures and start the first update with simply explaining the location and some stuff going on. The rest would carry itself from there (Read, people making suggestions by the dozen).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 154
2/19/2012 18:59:33   
Heroic Necro

I'm pretty sure he knows how a forum adventure works.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 155
2/19/2012 19:03:51   
Un67

Ehh, Starstruck would be better off making a new thread anyways. And yes, I know how they work obviously, but any updates I can make are terribad, so... :/
AQ DF  Post #: 156
2/19/2012 19:08:29   
kkutwar

Yes, but it sounds like from his post he was doing a lot of work for the first update. I figure it would just be simpler to say something around like "So, you find yourself waking in a dungeon cell. How did you get here anyways? Eh, its blocked with some bars. They look a bit rusty actually. There's also this light coming closer from the distance." Something short, simple, and gets to the point of the events transpiring.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 157
2/19/2012 19:22:59   
Un67

That's... that's not my updating style at all, nor is it very enjoyable IMHO...
AQ DF  Post #: 158
2/19/2012 19:33:34   
kkutwar

Like, something like that. Just the first update of course, so that you quickly introduce the readers to the story so they can decide that the corridors spin or that the character thinks everything is a virus. It shouldn't be overly complex to start off the adventure. Granted I only read Superego, but that works pretty well. The pictures actually tell more than the words do in a forum adventure.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 159
2/19/2012 19:37:13   
Heroic Necro

And this is a text adventure and that is precisely why it won't work kkut.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 160
2/19/2012 19:52:25   
kkutwar

I did say I was having problems with rational thought right? Well, regardless... I just realized all Un needed was more time writing/working on the updates and having a beta reader check it over. Fan Fic writers seem to have beta readers to point out problems. Granted he doesn't have much time lately but those should be helpful the next time he does this.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 161
2/19/2012 20:34:23   
Un67

Uhh, I have spent a ton of time trying to work something out and all of my attempts came out unsatisfactory. And a beta reader is unneccesary when you yourself know how terrible the updates are. I cannot write good updates for this format, period. It just doesn't work for me when I don't have a concrete plan in mind and cannot enforce said plan. I took as much time as I would for a F7L update and it was infinitely worse.

< Message edited by Un67 -- 2/19/2012 20:36:25 >
AQ DF  Post #: 162
2/19/2012 20:47:22   
kkutwar

A beta reader can point out the bad and good points, while with suggesting changes to make it better. An outside viewpoint probably would of been helpful instead of automatically assuming nobody is going to like what you wrote. Superemo is titled Constructive, WA always seems to just be a helpful guy, and Reaper has plenty of writing experience. You could of asked any one of them to check over what was written to see what they think. I could probably bet you they would all suggest changes on what to improve if they found any problems.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
2/19/2012 20:53:35   
Heroic Necro

Stop badgering him to make the game kkut. Un doesn't need his work reviewed like a middle school assignment. If he doesn't want it done then maybe you should let him make that decision. Why do you think none of those things never could have occurred to him?

You want to know what's worse then making an unsatisfactory piece of work you do for fun?

Having someone who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about giving you advice about it.

< Message edited by Heroic Necro -- 2/19/2012 20:56:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 164
2/19/2012 21:16:33   
Un67

Yes, not to mention that no amount of peer reviewers would have fixed my updates. They were fundamentally flawed and didn't even have enough substance for a proper edit anyways.
AQ DF  Post #: 165
2/23/2012 8:08:52   
steel blade

So, due to complicated reasons, life and problems, I would like to take my leave for a few weeks since I'm too depressed nowadays. But I will be constantly checking on the forums, it's just I won't post on games, on the OOC or just won't post regularly.

So, semi-goodbye.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 166
2/28/2012 4:16:15   
Kosefira

Due to the drop in activity, the Active Games Index has been closed.
Post #: 167
3/1/2012 11:20:04   
PBlades

I'm going to create either an Arabian Nights game or a Cyber Punk game. Which one would you guys prefer?
Post #: 168
3/1/2012 13:41:25   
Heroic Necro

Describe the general direction they would go in.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 169
3/1/2012 14:10:42   
steel blade

Seems I've recovered from my depression. I'll be working on Manaholder's combat system. It's the only thing I need to work on.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 170
3/1/2012 15:36:26   
Shreder

Since you're back, could you post in Illusionary?
DF MQ  Post #: 171
3/1/2012 17:47:54   
PBlades

Arabian Nights would be primarily about exploration and treasure seeking, with just some dash of combat, whereas Cyberpunk would be Inquisition IN THE FUTURE.
Post #: 172
3/1/2012 17:52:09   
Heroic Necro

You had me at Inquisition. CYBERPUNK GO GO GO
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 173
3/1/2012 18:29:44   
Lord Darkblade

Cyberpunk.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 174
3/2/2012 2:29:33   
steel blade

Cyberpunk please.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: UCaG Guide / General UCaG OOC / Welcome/Goodbye
Page 7 of 40«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition