Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Juggernaut adjustment first?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Juggernaut adjustment first?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/13/2011 13:39:07   
ngshuyi94

Ya, we got to the point, it isnt even my fault, its a bug.
Epic  Post #: 26
10/13/2011 13:41:36   
PivotalDisorder

its not a bug lol.

the battle failed to start because of your connection. might of just been a momentary spike but end result is you weren't fit to fight and lost :P
Post #: 27
10/13/2011 13:42:55   
ngshuyi94

Up to u, im lazy to argue.
Epic  Post #: 28
10/13/2011 13:48:19   
ansh0

Actually I don't currently have problems with the range but with the JUGGERNAUT not going first.I am a NON-varium bounty juggernaut and iv'e beeen a victim of this problem since lvl 31.Today i faced 2 LV30 mercs and the lower one got to go first,it's very hard to even compete with them when that happens.
I also am CRAVING for a button next to 1v1 and 2v2,I seldom press "challenge" at Slayer ._." THAT"S VERY ANNOYING as it wil count as a loss on my record(I usually don't care about my record but still)

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 29
10/13/2011 14:15:18   
JariTheMighty

A "Battle failed to start" loss doesn't actually add to your personal record (it shows it only on the LB, which is a bug I guess), so it's fine.

Back to topic, I'm a little bit worried about Juggernaut balance after we get a level cap raise to level 34. The massive stat inflation that starts at level 30 is something to take into account when adjusting the new Juggernaut opponent level range for level 34 players.
I'm not sure what could be done here to maintain some sort of balance, maybe raising the level range from 25-30 to 26-30 instead of 26-31.
OR making the system similar to what it is in 2v2 fights, where your opponents would be determined by their combined level, let's say 59 against a level 34, so you couldn't face two level 31 opponents (combined level 62). You could face a 31 and a 28 tho.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 30
10/13/2011 17:16:46   
PumKing

Remorse really does have a point, the other players heal is dramatically weakened, which to me has been an absolute boon to my jugg battles, no more cheep kills from 2v2 support merc builds that artillary then heal for 40+ for lvl 1 heal, but other than that goldslayers arguments take center stage everyone else focuses only on attack which is pretty lame because I find that they seem to crit me alot or I seem to be taking more damage than I should with my def and res each being above 30 total for each\

the only reason, however, that the whole focus on attck skills that lower lvl noobs use isn't taking center stage is because, since beta, the support merc has always taken center stage, use artillary, wait for rage, if someone actually good comes along, just wait to heal 50+ because of obscenely high support, but now that FM has been so absurdly nerfed, the rise of attck skills will too and goldslayers topic will become more relevant, just wait for it (of course it really doesn't matter one way or the other, if the devs still aren't going to do anything to actually balance the game out from the tlm class there is no chance at all they will try to fix THIS problem)
Epic  Post #: 31
10/13/2011 17:35:12   
goldslayer1

@pumking
thats not really what screws up juggs the most tho.
its encumberance
a low lvl can have like 70 stats at lvl 25-26 and non varium
imagine how many he could have if he were varium.
that gap is 25-30
however its pretty dam sick to have to go up against 2 lvl 30s with full lvl 33 varium gear
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
10/13/2011 17:58:33   
PivotalDisorder

I don't think their is a solution to make everyone happy.

75% win ratio for a 33 full varium player seems fair to me, its all about proving how powerful you are to lesser players right.
if its over 85% then to me their is an issue, same if its below 50%. what are peoples current % win ratios?
Post #: 33
10/13/2011 18:04:09   
Matgon

@above: I got 95.9% win/loss
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
10/13/2011 18:07:33   
goldslayer1

quote:

I don't think their is a solution to make everyone happy.

75% win ratio for a 33 full varium player seems fair to me, its all about proving how powerful you are to lesser players right.
if its over 85% then to me their is an issue, same if its below 50%. what are peoples current % win ratios?

u do realize that some builds are meant to be faster than others and some slower?
thats what makes the difference in the ratios
i have a 95% ratio atm
however that means squat, because im sure if u gave my same build to another player
he wont get the same % as me
thats because theres a difference in strategy

tank build + strategy = high %
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
10/13/2011 19:36:20   
nico0las

Maybe we'll actually have a CHALLENGE when in juggernaut.
It's about time bloodlust became useful in juggernaut.

73% win rate. Before you decide I'm bad at juggernaut, try it as a hunter. You'll find it's not easy.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 10/13/2011 20:01:46 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
10/13/2011 19:57:56   
rej

yes, jugging is now a good deal harder, simply because low level players rely on weak heals to begin with, while full players rarely have heals below 50.

a reasonable level range would be 22-29. that way we get decently fast fights while still occasionaly retaining some measure of fairness.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
10/13/2011 20:27:58   
ur going to fail

I don't think jugg battles should be even touched till level cap increase and after that, test it out for a week and see what happens.
Epic  Post #: 38
10/13/2011 21:01:14   
TweakTrueHeart

i hate this update so much its unreal. my healing is way low now and my charactor is bassically good for nothing. they revamped the tactical merc and now all the mages have the 1 up on every one. this kinda blows. lots of people worked very hard to get where they are and its seems kinda fruitless now and made it so every one has to work 10X harder and re set their charactors. absolutely rediculous
Post #: 39
10/13/2011 21:02:46   
Wraith

^Frankly I believe you need to evolve or die.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
10/13/2011 21:16:48   
PumKing

@Goldslayer Dude, tell me about it, because at this point in time, whenever you get two lvl 30 full vars, they are ALWAYS either mercs or a merc and a tlm, I am so sick of being pumled by two bunkers, or two support artillary and aux, it is rediculous, but thanks to the FM super nerf those pesky support merc cant heal all the way up from 30 health now, so meh heh heh heh! luckily I haven't run into any lvl 30 tlms who are smart enough to use their points heavily in tech to boost smoke screen, lol
Epic  Post #: 41
10/13/2011 21:24:04   
PivotalDisorder

@Goldslayer: good point.

still, 95%+ seems excessive. 5% of the time its competitive? or are most of those losses due to disconnects lol.

just seems like an easy laid back grind for heavily geared players, who then get mad when they meet heavily geared 30s :)
Post #: 42
10/13/2011 21:27:44   
ngshuyi94

^ GoldSlayer can win when the game is challenging, so u cant say that only 5% is challenging.
Epic  Post #: 43
10/14/2011 8:06:38   
SouL Prisoner

100 % supported !!!

need to do something for the juggernuts !!!!!

m dying out here ... darn it !!!!!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
10/14/2011 9:33:54   
ScarletReaper

This is a stupid complaint to me. I win 80% of my juggernaut battles. I have level 2 field medic which heals me for 31, plus 2 boosters, and that is always enough for me. Heck, half the time I dont even use boosters. If you are having trouble, you obviously need to adjust your build.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
10/14/2011 9:36:46   
ScarletReaper

Agree whole heartedly with you. Lord Sinastr

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
10/14/2011 9:40:02   
chrisraine

quote:

With the new adjustments, we’ll also be reexamining the level range for Juggernaut battles for future releases.

taken from the design notes here (last part of the Tricksy Playerses...)

although im already fine with the level range that we have in juggernaut now, im a bit excited about this.. :)

< Message edited by chrisraine -- 10/14/2011 9:41:32 >

Post #: 47
10/14/2011 12:08:35   
PivotalDisorder

problem with Juggernaut is its supposed to be a feature for both varium and non varium.
2 level 29s vs a non varium 33 seems ok, but if the 33 is full varium, the difference is huge. just up to the devs to decide whether they make it tough for variums and really tough
for non vars, or easy for full variums and just tough for non vars. their is no magic formula for balance in Juggernaut with the battle system as it is.

if their was a system that counted gear and enhancements, then at least the full variums could get better geared enemies from lvl 24-29? and the non vars lesser geared players.
Post #: 48
10/14/2011 12:17:17   
Tor Kul Na

I hate juggs. I want to play 2 vs 2. Not some over powered sado that has spent 100 dollars on the game and is untouchable. They should create a jugg mode. So juggs can find people who can actually be arsed fighting them.
AQ MQ  Post #: 49
10/14/2011 12:52:44   
PivotalDisorder

Tor Kul Na

Just to point out that varium can be earned from free offers. I can make 2k Artix points every night in a couple of hours of leisure time.
I made over 7k in 3 nights to contribute towards getting the 10k package, If I had spent 2 more nights I would of got it completely free.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Juggernaut adjustment first?
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition