Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/19/2011 20:41:23   
Midnightsoul

i so agree with lambo...the only good thing is probably the energy staff and the physical blades...i didn't check the clubs though because i don't care about merc-related stuff xD
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 226
10/19/2011 20:43:14   
IsaiahtheMage

I really hope this is realeased on friday. Otherwise I would feel very . So please! No more delays!
AQW Epic  Post #: 227
10/19/2011 21:04:27   
voidance

Anyone know what the world record for most delays for a single update ever is? Because i'm thinking about submitting EpicDuel for the record.
AQW Epic  Post #: 228
10/19/2011 21:09:24   
Hun Kingq

Since all these delays and it sounds like things are done, let Cinderella create some secret quests, to make up for the delays that had happen this week.
Epic  Post #: 229
10/19/2011 21:09:25   
PivotalDisorder

to whoever asked about Promos, Cinderella already asked Nightwraith and he knew nothing about any promo.
Post #: 230
10/19/2011 21:37:38   
Nexus...

lol, is it delayed again?

/facedesk

This is so pathetic especially for a game that costs so much money to maintain any kind of good record. This feature was promised as a Gamma release feature, and now look, a year and a half later they can't get it released. If things continue this way they are seriously going to lose the majority of there player base. They have already lost so many (including myself) and now rely on a Varium scam to keep their player base anywhere close to where it used to be. Don't take my word for it? Look around, I don't need to prove anything to you, you just have to open you eyes. You are getting ripped off every week and you continually support these kinds of acts by buying Varium and being supportive of delays. Anyone who claims, "The team is small, they are working hard etc." needs to remember that they charge $50 USD for the best Varium package (which is also the best deal out of all their packages). However you can't even buy/enhance a full set of weapons with it. The pricing might be "okay" if they delivered on release day, or were adding new features every week, but they arn't and don't. Its so stupid that all of you keep feeding into this. Get real.

Prophet

< Message edited by Nexus... -- 10/19/2011 21:39:51 >
Epic  Post #: 231
10/19/2011 21:47:00   
AQ Guardian

I wonder what the next excuse will be?

AQ: AQ Guardian
MQ: MQ Guardian
AQ: AQ Guardian
AQ MQ  Post #: 232
10/19/2011 21:51:26   
One Winged Angel1357

@AQ who knows Im guessing the Adobe spies will strike again

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 10/19/2011 21:52:15 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 233
10/19/2011 21:53:06   
Stabilis

quote:

The next update is delayed because when we try to get feedback we see the same old casual people ranting or criticizing our work ethics. We were going to get a weapon suggestion but our inbox mail that was said to hold a weapon drawing, was mixed up a very nasty note which Cinderella read and made her cry.

Either that or...

quote:

This time... Nightwraith spilled HIS coffee on HIS computer!

-Titan out

Shame on U... I O's U

AQ Epic  Post #: 234
10/19/2011 21:53:29   
Retrosaur

Well aren't you a cool kid, being so naive as to ignore the present problems. I actually had some hope yesterday if they had released it today. Sadly though, I should have listened to Prophet, as it was obvious there was nothing to look forward to anyways.

As if they were "really" working, because it obviously takes a year to code in such a feature hurr.
AQW Epic  Post #: 235
10/19/2011 21:55:48   
Stabilis

@Hyped,

BTW it helps when you address your post to whoever you meant for it to read to. Otherwise it looks like its meant for me.
AQ Epic  Post #: 236
10/19/2011 21:57:34   
Retrosaur

lol good point. Your post ninja'd my post unfortunately though :(
AQW Epic  Post #: 237
10/19/2011 21:57:55   
One Winged Angel1357

@hyper i remember you saying you program things and you clearly are showing zero respect for the coding of this game which is completely contributory of your statement because you as a coder yourself should understand the hardships of changing as many lines of code as had to be changed for this one feature(read the first post for a list of all parts affected by the revamp)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 238
10/19/2011 22:01:57   
PivotalDisorder

@Nexus:
weapons/armour cost 990 varium so 4x990=3960
Armours have max 8 enhancements =1200
Primary's have max 10 enhancements =1700
Gun's have max 8 enhancements =1200
Aux's have max 8 enhancements =1200

TOTAL=8160

fixed :)

[EXCEPTIONS: Space warrior cost 1375 and a few promos cost 1500-2200]

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/19/2011 23:11:29 >
Post #: 239
10/19/2011 22:02:07   
Retrosaur

That's because whenever I set a deadline, I set a realistic one hurr. I don't go off ranting about how we're tired, or how the day was, or how we don't have enough staff, blah blah blah. If they really were realistic, at least they should have told us the next update would have been this friday, two weeks from the "original message".

Look at the trend:

"We'll probably release on Friday" --> "We'll probably release it later tonight" --> "Saturday is our date to release!" --> "JK, we meant Sunday." --> "And by Sunday we meant that was for bug testing, now we'll actually release something on Mon....no, Tuesday. " --> "Another prank, haha, I guess we're pretty chill. Uh...Wednesday? " --> "LOL YOU GOT TROLLED NUBS IT"S ACTUALLY FRIDAY HURRRRRRRR"
AQW Epic  Post #: 240
10/19/2011 22:10:02   
One Winged Angel1357

@hyper ever take on a project that is literally game changing or game breaking at the same time because that is the scale of retrain revamp it touches almost every part of the game if not every part of the game and there is a lot to this game which must be changed to make sure it does not fail.

I am currently taking on a project with a bunch of friends and we gave ourselves a huge deadline but that is because we one do not have a name to call our own and two we are not part of a company that is known for cranking out content every week and you can bet that call for a stream of content had a hand in the short bad call of an deadline that was originality set on this project.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 241
10/19/2011 22:22:37   
Sparticus

I'm curious, why is it that all the players who are complaining about the delay can add together all their battles and it still wouldn't equal the number of battles some of the positive attitude posters have? Is it true what they say that the players who use the game least are the biggest complainer? I'd rather wait and get a good, clean release then hurry and get a messed up one. I would hope that everyone would be as patient and let the DEVs do that they have to do. All the blustering and chest thumping gets you all nowhere.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 242
10/19/2011 22:28:05   
Hun Kingq

Instead of still complaining about the delay they should be sending tweets to Nightwraith and Titan to let Cinderella create some secret quests for Fridays release as well.
Epic  Post #: 243
10/19/2011 22:30:21   
Joe10112

@Sparticus: Not to be an angry ranter, but people have been patient with the release over and over, week by week already. If this was the first delayed release, I bet you we wouldn't be ranting. The only problem is, this is so consistent that it's becoming a problem. Which release(s) have been On-Time in the last 10 releases? This is why people are getting annoyed.

And really, if once a week releases are too tough to handle, I think the old saying means something like "Don't try to finish something you can't finish and put it off and apologize. Just lengthen the time you have to do the task", aka, Post in a DN that ED will release bi-weekly, and thanks for consideration. The bi-weekly release will be bigger than the weekly release though. And no more delays (hopefully) from now on, or very rarely for special cases (ie, everyone at the Lab caught the flu...) That way, ED community might grumble a little, but the Devs kept their word and ED can't complain. ED was bi-weekly releases in Beta...or was it once-a-month back in Beta? . But if you guys delay the bi-weekly release, you have no excuses or apologies. 2 weeks is a long time to work...even if coding is hard. In those weeks you should AT LEAST be able to churn SOMETHING out.

Thanks for reading.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 244
10/19/2011 22:39:54   
ngshuyi94

^ Yeap, yeap, yeap. Everything in my mind is what u have written.

< Message edited by ngshuyi94 -- 10/19/2011 22:40:12 >
Epic  Post #: 245
10/19/2011 22:42:25   
rej

hmm, delayed from friday to monday, delayed from monday to wednesday, delayed from wednesday to friday.

how much are any of you willing to bet that it will be delayed to monday again?

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 246
10/19/2011 22:44:46   
Joe10112

I wouldn't count on it. If ED did delay to Monday, I'd once and for all give up ED, maybe log in once every month. And I was just about to get varium too...

I'd go play League of Legends or Team Fortress 2.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 247
10/19/2011 22:46:08   
PivotalDisorder

@Joe10112: they do weekly releases mainly to keep the community happy but sometimes their are problems which lead to postponement, if they KNEW
their would be a problem in advance they wouldn't keep pushing the release back, they would just give a specific date. foresight is a nice skill to have.

I hope all this negativity doesn't lead to the releases only being once a month or once every 2 months. you really should be careful what you wish for.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/19/2011 23:04:39 >
Post #: 248
10/19/2011 22:48:39   
Joe10112

@^: How much further can we go? With the release this friday, this was a bi-weekly release. And we get half-baked releases every 1.5 weeks, why not go for a full-baked release every 2 weeks instead?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 249
10/19/2011 22:48:42   
rej

I still can't believe they havn't taken on a large team of staff members like aqw. they're getting at least as much income, and the game is cheaper to run due to less server cost, yet they ****inue to struggle on with a small team and lots of coffee. Hudelf (or whatever his name is) was a great step in the right direction, but four staff members still doesn't make the cut. (Yes, i'm not counting Cinderella)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay
Page 10 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition