Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/19/2011 22:49:51   
My Name is Jake
Banned

@psibertus 10 enhancements cost 1700 varium, not 1200.
AQW Epic  Post #: 251
10/19/2011 23:02:58   
PivotalDisorder

I meant every 2 months, just realised bi monthly means twice a month.....

@above: oops, I'll go redo the math :) lol still cost less than my estimate anyway

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/19/2011 23:12:22 >
Post #: 252
10/19/2011 23:29:03   
Giras Wolfe

Just do whatever it takes to fix the retraining system. Thank you SO much.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 253
10/20/2011 1:01:07   
Laces

@psibertus

You forgot that when most people buy varium for the first time, they also like to change class. So that total's up to 9660 varium. That sir is a ripoff for 5 collections of pixels. When you buy the AQW $50 pack, you can easily buy up to 20+ AC weapons or 9 AC armors or 50 Bag or Bank slots etc. The pricing needs to be fixed. If they fix that, people will complain alot less for weekly releases because this game is currently an utter ripoff.

< Message edited by Laces -- 10/20/2011 1:02:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 254
10/20/2011 1:15:55   
PivotalDisorder

@Laces: 900+8160=8960 - then you can still afford another 10 inventory slots and a ton of haircuts ;)

also why are you comparing AQW to ED? they are completely different games with a completely different value on items.
if all ED's high end items were identical in stats and it was purely a choice of looks, then yeah I'd say reduce the prices.
if AQW lets you buy items better than the stuff you can get just by playing then I'd say increase those item prices in AQW.
The ED Team have already said that they cannot reduce the prices because of the current economical situation

quote:

weapons/armour cost 990 varium so 4x990=3960
Armours have max 8 enhancements =1200
Primary's have max 10 enhancements =1700
Gun's have max 8 enhancements =1200
Aux's have max 8 enhancements =1200

TOTAL=8160

fixed :)

[EXCEPTIONS: Space warrior cost 1375 and a few promos cost 1500-2200]
Post #: 255
10/20/2011 1:36:20   
BlueKatz

Latter release, better release. Just think it's on Friday
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 256
10/20/2011 1:40:04   
ansh0

^^It better be.

Epic  Post #: 257
10/20/2011 1:47:08   
Midnightsoul

why on friday...i like to know why. well, the devs shouldnt be working on new quests because that will lead to more bugs and delays so i think they should ONLY work on performance updates and interfaces, etc.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 258
10/20/2011 2:00:19   
supermasivo

Its sad... they said last week friday release and they now are gonna release 1 week delay and maybe more till next week... who knows if they cant say time/date.
I think the updates are very "informal" and we need a little more respect, not everybody are 10 year old kids.
And i wanna know... u guys work for free? couse if u work for free i maybe could understand why u allways delay.
my friday will so busy and i wont be able to play 5 minutes QQ T_T

< Message edited by supermasivo -- 10/20/2011 2:10:39 >
Epic  Post #: 259
10/20/2011 2:20:00   
voidance

I'm tired of hearing pathetic excuses such as "I'd rather wait and get a good, clean release then hurry and get a messed up one." This is the only excuse i hear from people that defend the developers, everyone wants a finished release some of us just want it in a reasonable time. Unlike the die hard supporters some of us like commitment and hard work over empty promises and half finished work. (yes i added my own stars in to prevent a bs excuse to delete my honesty)

Self censored profanity is still profanity. You can very well make your point without it, so please do not post it. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 10/20/2011 2:21:49 >

AQW Epic  Post #: 260
10/20/2011 3:04:57   
jegaggin

Sigh im tired of these delayed releases. If they think they cant make a release date make a week cushion and people will be mildy surprised when you "deliver" early.

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 261
10/20/2011 3:06:15   
PivotalDisorder

if the work is half finished on the day of the update, we aren't gonna get the update. I am confused by your logic Voidance. you can hardly question their
commitment to work. well you will anyway and so will many others but just saying :)

I do understand players frustrations but you must except that they WANTED to release every day they stated they would.

the alternative solution is for the Devs to say at the start of each month "No updates this month" and then if they do have any updates ready they can release them
and we get an unexpected update. but then ofc people will complain we aren't getting an update that month. not really sure how they can make everyone happy.

@Voidance: if you want to reply, that is your choice, but can you refrain from putting me into some imaginary group which is basically a derogatory insult.
Post #: 262
10/20/2011 4:22:39   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

I'd just like to point out for anyone complaining, that this delay is for multiple reasons.
Firstly, Titan and Hudelf have done an amazing job with the retrain system, it is in a working order, with few bugs left in it. They've just came up with a few really nice ideas that it would be absolutely brilliant for you guys to have. We still do need to test through the retrain system quite a few more times again, of course to draw out any stray bugs, but so far, Titan and Hudelf have done a brilliant job on it.
Secondly, there was a topic on here, where quite a few players kindly asked if the release could be done Friday (This is not really the reason why it was changed, but I'm pointing out that some players did actually request it to be post-poned) , and because it would be nice to get these extra bits ready for the retrain revamp etc. we decided it'd make more sense to do it on Friday, so we could release it guaranteeing that it's been bug sprayed, and it has a many features in it (Some you may not notice), that it possibly can in the time frame in which it has been made! :)

So overall, the release has only been delayed for two days, and for the purpose of one, making sure everyone gets the best retrain possible, and two so nobody is trapped within bugs. I'd like to reiterate what NightWraith said, and say that this is a HUGE change, it is one of the core systems in the game, that is attached to many other systems. We can't afford, for your sake, to allow any bugs through that could potentially break your characters. If we have until Friday, we can do that, because we can do extensive testing today and tomorrow, to draw anything we have oversaw so far. So far things are looking great, but for player safety, we need the extra time just to assure that everything is sorted.

I hope you all understand, and I hope you all love the Retrain Revamp when it's released! We want to release it just as you want it released, but as I said above, there are multiple reasons why it can't be! :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 263
10/20/2011 4:46:21   
PivotalDisorder

@Rainaka: great post Rainaka, just curious about this comment.

quote:

So overall, the release has only been delayed for two days

On friday it will of been delayed for 2 weeks. can you explain how you came to that conclusion please

PS: I am not one of those complaining about release day/time at all :)
Post #: 264
10/20/2011 5:00:03   
ngshuyi94

@ Rainaka

Yes, we do understand, especially after NW posted in the DNs. However, these are not the point.

The point of many of those complainers and those frustrated out there is that why does the game make a deadline for a release day and then break it? This was supposed to be released 2 weeks ago and by that im not complaining but rather, stating the facts.

This needs to be corrected and improved. The devs should only tell us dates of releases where they are sure that it will be released but not empty promises that will be broken. Get the point? It isnt that those players out there want to complain but things are becoming serious, these should not even be happening on a game that has so much potential.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 265
10/20/2011 5:22:34   
Lycus
Legendary AdventureGuide!

@Psibertus: What I meant was it's only been delayed an extra 2 days :P from Wednesday to Friday, sorry - I'll make that clearer!

@Ngshuyi94: I do understand this, but what the players don't understand is that these are NOT deadlines. I'd like to quote the Design Notes
quote:

the retrain revamp is HOPEFULLY being released!

quote:

We’re still hoping to have the retrain revamp done by Friday.

If you look through, it's never ever promised to be released on a specific day. It's said 'We hope to release' on a certain day, which means it may be ready, it may not be, be prepared for it to be delayed a bit, but never is it said 'This WILL be released on Monday' or whatever. There's a big difference between promising a day, which therefore does make it a deadline, and saying it may be ready for a certain day. :) There are always many problems that can arise from these huge changes, and promising a day is a very hard thing to do, because so many things could pop up to delay it. Therefore days are given loosely as an aim, not as a release date. This is so players don't get their hopes up, and alerts them it MAY change depending on how things go! :)
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 266
10/20/2011 5:56:13   
Calogero

@ Psi

Releasing every 2 weeks is fine by me... I hope they can then fix the mess they made themselves...
Don't like it? MQ is one of those games that had a 2 release per week schedule ( Wednesday and Friday )
Yet we, the players, noticed that they weren't able to keep up their own deadlines and always postponed
so most of us suggested it to be 1 time per week.
Shure it isn't a MultiPlayer type of game, Shure it gets delayed sometimes but then again
1 Mech = 6 Weapons that have to be animated, scripted and then the mech on itself that
needs to be animated to walk, and destroyed.

@ Rain

quote:

the retrain revamp is going well and it's HOPEFULLY being released as fast as possible!

sounds a lot better doesn't it

Hopefully and a date is still a Deadline even if you say it isn't.
Just not a certain deadline but a deadline none the less

< Message edited by andy123 -- 10/20/2011 5:58:45 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 267
10/20/2011 6:51:17   
DunkThatOreo

I don't get why you people are so mad, it's just a update, plenty of things to do while you wait.
Maybe go in the real world with some friends yes *friends* and do something.
Epic  Post #: 268
10/20/2011 6:58:45   
Calogero

@ Oreo

Not mad, Just saying.
You can get mad the first time and the second time, all the way to the eight time.
But after that, I just see it as a Habit.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 269
10/20/2011 7:02:18   
DunkThatOreo

^Then why do you keep posting *Yep not a schocker told you theres no hope
for epicduel* if you're not mad Lol
Epic  Post #: 270
10/20/2011 7:38:57   
Calogero

just stating the facts mate... If I"d be mad, I'd be banned by now
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 271
10/20/2011 8:17:45   
PivotalDisorder

quote:

@ Psi

Releasing every 2 weeks is fine by me...
@Andy123: I went back and corrected my post, meant update once a month or once every 2 months.
Post #: 272
10/20/2011 8:26:53   
King FrostLich

Good, more time to play Team Fortress 2 while update is going to happen.
Epic  Post #: 273
10/20/2011 8:26:57   
Sparticus

quote:

Not to be an angry ranter, but people have been patient with the release over and over, week by week already.

quote:

I'm tired of hearing pathetic excuses such as "I'd rather wait and get a good, clean release then hurry and get a messed up one."

This is the sort of blustering that I said was wasting all our time. I'm glad you all answered because it exactly makes my point. Venting your frustration is fine but self serving nonsense which doesn't move the discussion forward is useless and makes you all look very small. The more you rant the more you demonstrate your immaturity. The DEVs will release the update as soon as they can, end of story. Go play the game while they work on it.

Lets just relax, let the DEVs do their job as quickly as they can and when they launch the update you can all do what you do best, complain about it.

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 10/20/2011 8:29:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 274
10/20/2011 9:39:20   
Hallodeath

Frostlich, You play TF2 same here dude,rock on.

On-topic: I think I could wait for some days as I got some H.W to do as well as playing AQW so more time for me.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay
Page 11 of 12«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition