Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/20/2011 9:45:43   
Gepard Acht

ooh sniper ftw!

on topic: sparticus is right , rather then complaining how about you start saving up credits and stuff so if they release something like a 'sorry for the delay spec wep' (0.0001% of actually happening ) or some limited quantity/ time equips you guys wont be complaining of "not enough funds to get them in time so extend it"
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 276
10/20/2011 10:59:10   
PivotalDisorder

Tweet from Nightwraith

quote:

Sneak Peak at the mutating harvest weapons: Harvest Reaper and Spectral Reaper. Each weapon is 3-in-1 http://twitpic.com/7344gf
Post #: 277
10/20/2011 11:29:02   
One Winged Angel1357

The staffs are nice but the colors just seem a little bland to me but I guess you cannot do to much to make the weapons look different because they are the same thing
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 278
10/20/2011 11:53:12   
frogbones
Banned

@ Spart, et al:

I'm gonna say the same thing to you as I did to psi: You absolutely don't know that the "blustering" from the growing numbers of disillusioned players hasn't affected the game. For all you know, Titan and NW have seen the forums blowing up with negative feedback over the past week, and that's what prompted NW to post his "explanation" and perhaps focus more on customer satisfaction in the future.

As one of ED's older players, I'd certainly expect you to understand the concept of negative feedback as it relates to running a business. It really is naive to think that a) negative feedback has no effect on how a company runs itself, and b) that negative feedback from clients is mean, pointless, or "just venting."

< Message edited by frogbones -- 10/20/2011 11:54:50 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 279
10/20/2011 12:52:49   
DunkThatOreo

^ I'm really tired of your posts dude, if you don't like the epicduel team then just
leave the game. They have enough to deal with than posting design notes and wasting time
bcause of whiny,impatient,stupid people like you can't handle a couple delays.
Epic  Post #: 280
10/20/2011 13:02:10   
PivotalDisorder

@Frogbones: for all you know, you could be completely wrong and all your repetitive complaining has actually made the situation worse, not better.

from a creative point of view, I am far more likely to accept criticism if it has been intelligently presented. when it is just a couple of people telling me I
am lame and I do not live upto the high standard that they have set for me, I couldn't give a rats ass. what would I learn from one complaint rephrased
45 different ways, other than the knowledge that some people have nothing better to do than complain about something they cannot do themselves.
Post #: 281
10/20/2011 13:09:10   
TurkishIncubus

@Rainaka
quote:

Secondly, there was a topic on here, where quite a few players kindly asked if the release could be done Friday (This is not really the reason why it was changed, but I'm pointing out that some players did actually request it to be post-poned) , and because it would be nice to get these extra bits ready for the retrain revamp etc. we decided it'd make more sense to do it on Friday, so we could release it guaranteeing that it's been bug sprayed, and it has a many features in it (Some you may not notice), that it possibly can in the time frame in which it has been made! :)

Thx for post-poning the update to friday now everybody can see the update :) , you guys are best :)

Epic  Post #: 282
10/20/2011 13:15:09   
Sparticus

quote:

As one of ED's older players, I'd certainly expect you to understand the concept of negative feedback as it relates to running a business. It really is naive to think that a) negative feedback has no effect on how a company runs itself, and b) that negative feedback from clients is mean, pointless, or "just venting."

Feedback is essential, whether negative or positive. Abusive, non-constructive and negative criticize, especially personal attacks against the game and it's DEVs is different. It sends the message that you "want what you want" and don't have the capacity to understand what's going on. I would also point out that as "one of the older ED players" I am more likely to be in a position to understand more then most players what's happening. I agree, it is naive to believe feedback has no effect but negative feedback such as what is being given in this thread is more likely to sour the partnership with the game's DEVs and not foster it. Most complaints here are not constructive and are not even suggestions, they are mostly just rants. If anyone disagrees feel free to rant at me instead of the game or the DEVs. I'm not busy fixing the game and have lots of time to discuss this matter while the DEVs and testers use their time doing better things.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 283
10/20/2011 13:17:24   
frogbones
Banned

quote:

when it is just a couple of people telling me I am lame and I do not live upto the high standard that they have set for me, I couldn't give a rats ass

Sorry man, but now it's just a couple of you [looks at the above posts] who continue to justify delays. Look at the last few pages of this thread and you'll see that the majority of posters are displeased with the constant delays.

And lmao about "high standards." If you consider that expecting releases to be on time is having "high standards," all that really means is that you have low standards.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT @ Spart:

If I order a pizza and it's delivered late, lukewarm, and with the wrong toppings, I have every right to complain to the delivery person and/or call the manager. I don't need to "understand" the pizza company. They need to understand me and my displeasure with their product. It doesn't and shouldn't matter how I express my frustration; I'm not the one who messed up the order.

They are.

< Message edited by frogbones -- 10/20/2011 13:27:16 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 284
10/20/2011 13:23:19   
comicalbike

it is better to have a good update than a very bad one it takes as long as it takes,if it takes to Xmas i don't mind
Epic  Post #: 285
10/20/2011 13:27:01   
PD

Frogbones & Sparticus: So we're seriously back to this "Late or not" debate? >.>

On a side note, I hope they'll start tackling the more delayed stuff like faction stepdown and other things that never got addressed.

Post #: 286
10/20/2011 13:33:22   
PivotalDisorder

@Frogbones: what time are you going on about. the only fixed time for updates is Ready O'clock.
and Rainaka was kind enough to pull the quotes from the DNs that NEVER promised an update at a set time or day.
quote:

the retrain revamp is HOPEFULLY being released!

quote:

We’re still hoping to have the retrain revamp done by Friday.

so yes your argument is completely void. at best you are struggling with reading comprehension, at worst you don't care and are just trolling
the staff day after day in the hope that they will actually listen to you. ofc people are upset their is no update but their is no update for a reason.
they are hardly "backing your cause" of mindlessly spamming the same garbage every day. so yes their is just a few of you.

funny that you like to go on about how long you have been here, and how that experience has lead you to some final solution lol yet you are
one of the least productive active members I have seen here, since I joined. you still haven't said anything new or constructive. it's just sad.

quote:

If I order a pizza and it's delivered late, lukewarm, and with the wrong toppings, I have every right to complain to the delivery person and/or call the manager. I don't need to "understand" the pizza company. They need to understand me and my displeasure with their product. It doesn't and shouldn't matter how I express my frustration; I'm not the one who messed up the order.
the game is free to play. pizzas are NOT free to eat. in fact they have nothing you can eat for free, ED gives you a game to play all year round for F.R.E.E. at their own cost.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/20/2011 13:39:38 >
Post #: 287
10/20/2011 13:48:56   
Calogero

quote:

ED gives you a game to play all year round for F.R.E.E. at their own cost.

Just to add, Shure it is Free to play but their goal is to get people to pay for it.
Bad service = Not much buying.

To use Frogbones example.
If the pizza guy is late, That particular customer will not be happy, spreading his dislike of said pizza company
which in turn the people that got the update about the company spreading it further.

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 288
10/20/2011 14:02:17   
frogbones
Banned

And you, psi, are trolling the "trollers," which doesn't make you any better.

Why can't you guys just let the people who are dissatisfied post their thoughts? No matter what you think, they don't owe you or anyone else this "constructive criticism" that you keep mentioning. Let me repeat that: They don't owe you anything, and they don't have to post in a fashion that you deem appropriate, so stop telling them how to.

(Unless I missed the memo announcing that you are now a forum mod .....?)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 289
10/20/2011 14:09:43   
PivotalDisorder

it is a terrible analogy, which is about the best Frogbones can manage, sadly.

You order a pizza, it doesn't arrive on time and is cold, you don't pay for it. if you don't like EDs service, don't pay for it.
I am not interested in your "advertising" strategies, they run a successful business with or without you.

for every complainer their is another hundred players who love the game and take the rough with the smooth.
their "service" has improved dramatically since I arrived here back in March or late February but of course Frogbones knows that because he has been here
longer than me, is a veteran of many battles. I bet he remembers the time BEFORE design notes, before Cinderella arrived to take some of the community
responsibilites from Titan and Nightwraith, so they can focus on updates. bet he remembers the time before ED Balance team was formed, which have helped
take some of the testing responsibilites from Titan and Nightwraith. that team will no doubt grow too and now we have a new dev who is learning the ropes
and has played a large part in bringing the long awaited retrain system to ED. I bet he has learnt a lot about Titan's coding just from that experience alone
and will go on to complete bigger and better projects that keep this game moving forward.

@above: This is a forum, if you don't want people to debate your posts, don't post.

< Message edited by psibertus -- 10/20/2011 14:14:23 >
Post #: 290
10/20/2011 14:15:53   
Sparticus

Actually you don't need to be a MOD to have an opinion. Voicing your opinion in a constructive manner is called a discussion and those discussions are held in a format called a thread. This thread is for discussing the post by NW asking for patience and understanding about what he thinks is an important step forward for this game.

Pizza analogies are useless unless you're expecting NW and Titan to deliver a pizza to you today. This is their game and as such has no rules or guarantees which need to be followed other then the rules they impose on themselves. If the DEVs decide it's in the best interest of the game to delay then that is the correct course of action. No discussion required. NW was kind to apologize but it was neither required or paid for.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 291
10/20/2011 14:24:28   
supermasivo

OMG those weapons looks so sweet! i could not buy dragonCon mutating weaps so im so happy!
Friday release! YEAH!

Epic  Post #: 292
10/20/2011 14:29:45   
Bunshichi

Will the halloween achievement also be returning?

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 293
10/20/2011 14:36:32   
Algorithm

^Yup.
Post #: 294
10/20/2011 14:45:50   
frogbones
Banned

Ahhh, you two. I see what you're doing (maybe you do as well, but maybe not). Very subtle. Yes, very nice indeed.

The thing is, people being frustrated and posting about delayed updates is not a debate.

The fact that you think it is, is your way of invalidating said posters' feelings and opinions while you attempt to feel good about yourselves for playing the nice-guy role.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 295
10/20/2011 15:21:52   
DunkThatOreo

Funny how you think you can get what you want by attacking others and complaining every time you post.
Why don't you go switch places with nightwraith and titan and watch people flame you and complain because
supposedly you're hardwork isn't good enough. How do you think that makes them feel Mr.I'm moving the game forward
by sitting in a chair and posting *I'm moving the game forward* over and over. So shut you're mouth unless you're
willing to make intelligent comments on the update
Epic  Post #: 296
10/20/2011 15:31:29   
Wootz

Tweets:

quote:

MAJOR UPDATE coming Friday! Prepare for the Harvest with New retrain system, New Mutating Weapons, Loads of New Char Styles, +new Missions

quote:

Harvest Release Secret #1 Revealed: Level Cap will raise to 34, meaning Delta Gear will achieve it's full power for the first time!

Taken from Titan's twitter.

AQW Epic  Post #: 297
10/20/2011 15:32:14   
IsaiahtheMage

Woah! Talk about a lot of argueing on here.
AQW Epic  Post #: 298
10/20/2011 15:37:23   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

We have a new Design Notes up, so I'm locking this up. At some point, it stopped being about the design notes and became about flaming each other.
Post #: 299
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 11 [12]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= EpicDuel DN October 18th, 2011 - Sorry for the delay
Page 12 of 12«<89101112
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition