Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=WF= Release October 18, 2011 - Starship Snoopers - LIVE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Release October 18, 2011 - Starship Snoopers - LIVE!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/18/2011 18:16:36   
ArchMagus Orodalf

quote:

=WARPFORCE=

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 21st RELEASE:

Mission:
--The colonists of planet P98 are under attack by bugs -- Exos bugs! It's up to you to save them in this new mission: Starship Snoopers! (General Stormfront on the Hangar Deck)

Reward items include:
--Laser Barrage tech!
--EMP gun!

PLUS: The WarpGuardian Level Cap is 100. Become a WarpGuardian to level beyond 75 and unlock higher level missions and content!

WARPFORCE is open for everyone to play! WF is the official sci-fi expansion of AQ.
http://www.battleon.com/warpforce

Right now there is a special WarpGuardian offer for all upgraded players of AE games!
If you are already a Guardian in AQ, a Star Captain in MechQuest, a DragonLord in DragonFable, or a Member in AQWorlds, you can get a huge $10 discount on the WarpGuardian upgrade in WarpForce!!

BECOME A WARPGUARDIAN IN =WARPFORCE=
Unlock all WarpGuardian features and support WF! http://www.battleon.com/warpforce/guardian/

AQ and WF get bigger and more exciting all the time, as new events, quests and items are added regularly!

Battle on!

Galanoth & the AQ/WF Team

Dear Lords, the EMP gun better not be another Energy gun... Gap-fillers, please!

Oh, and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starship_Troopers

Tagged! ~$b

< Message edited by ArchMagus Orodalf -- 10/21/2011 18:22:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/18/2011 20:45:31   
moneybags
More than a Game

I'll check out the quest for sure, but I'm probably not going to get the gun since I'm a Striker. Can't wait for the release though, it's been a while :)
Epic  Post #: 2
10/18/2011 21:01:01   
.Discipline

Hmmmm... sounds interesting. I wonder if we'll have to heal Natrick Parris...
Guns and techs aren't that useful to my primary, being a striker and all, but I'm sure I'll enjoy the quest when I get to it.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/18/2011 22:16:01   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

Looks like the WG level cap won't be raised this time around. A pity, as I'm been waiting for what seems like forever now to purchase the Omega Astramorph.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
10/18/2011 22:42:53   
ArchMagus Orodalf

LoN: The WG Cap isn't going to rise for a while; the highest level they said they would go to in the first place was 100, though they do have higher items for if they hit 150 eventually...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
10/18/2011 23:45:05   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

If that's the case, it looks like I won't be able to beat the final main storyline boss (at least to date) for a very, very long time.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
10/18/2011 23:55:20   
BlackAces

Exos huh hopefully we get a water gauntlet either way looks interesting.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
10/19/2011 5:01:55   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Can`t wait for the release and to see how they did the Starship Troopers spoof, seeing how I`m a big fan of the first movie, watching it like half a dozen time!

Seems like forever since the last release, hopefully we will get some good stuff too.

< Message edited by Balu -- 10/19/2011 5:02:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/19/2011 5:06:58   
Lord of Nightmares
Some Dreams

I believe's the game's updated bimonthly now instead of monthly.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
10/19/2011 5:13:23   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

It's bi-monthly now yes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/19/2011 5:44:18   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

It seemed like more than that to me, even if I am really bussy in RL and the weeks pass by me like crazy.

But yeah, it`s bi-monthly now and I`m hoping our great staff keep releasing gap fillers, because we could really use them, both warp trackers and guardians. Me wants a water gauntlet and a new water gun sooo much! :-)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/19/2011 10:37:58   
Cookielord12

i hoped for at least something halloween-ish but never mind
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/19/2011 15:33:23   
Jakau Ryuu

Nnn... It looks like another pair of duplicate-role items are coming out - unless the gun winds up being Light, which could make sense when one takes into account the old IMP Tech (it would still be a repeat, but somewhat less so). But this new Tech sounds like yet another Fire one, which we frankly have too many of. I hope I'm wrong on this, though. We desperately need Water items - maybe we'll luck out and one of these will be Water. *is hoping*
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
10/21/2011 18:23:43   
ArchMagus Orodalf

The planet image and landscape for Planet P-98 are exactly the same as those for Hennaooine. WF must really be running out of funding. =/

Also,

quote:

Stormfront: P-98 is mostly desert, so Ken Benobi will accompany you.

That's just flat-out wrong.

< Message edited by ArchMagus Orodalf -- 10/21/2011 19:21:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/21/2011 19:11:47   
Jakau Ryuu

Um... is the new Tech supposed to be dealing Magic damage? O.o Not that I'm complaining, mind, but it's not what I was expecting to see.
Also, where's the gun? It wasn't in the Quest shop.

Besides a couple of typos, the quest was alright. Couldn't really get into the story that much, unfortunately. :/

< Message edited by Jakau Ryuu -- 10/21/2011 19:15:37 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 15
10/21/2011 19:18:46   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Yeah, there wasn't any story. It was quite blah...

It's dealing Magic damage? Interesting... I'mma check it out.

And I couldn't find the Gun, either; I looked everywhere.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/21/2011 19:44:26   
Jakau Ryuu

Yup, from what I'm seeing it's dealing 5 hits of Magic Light damage. Hopefully, that'll stay, because otherwise it's just a slightly-compressed Zero-Point Energy. >.>

@below: I noticed that you noticed that. But you edited the comment on it out. >.>
-----------
*sees a space tumbleweed*

< Message edited by Jakau Ryuu -- 10/21/2011 20:23:46 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 17
10/21/2011 20:06:44   
ArchMagus Orodalf

^Yep, I noticed that.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/26/2011 14:44:08   
Balu
Legendary AK!!!

Nice and fun little quest. It`s always a pleasure when I can unleash the powah of my gunner on something. There were quite a few things that made playing the quest an enjoyable experience for me. First regarding the music that starts up when you fly towards the location. It plays until the first quest scene which is good. I dislike when the music just stops and you still see your ship flying towards a planet in silence, like some past quests do, but here it`s spot on.

The second thing is the Iznuk's left hand wep design. Looks similar to the Arachnids mouth from the 97 movie, which is totally awesome. "Good job!" and "appreciated!" from me to the one from the staff members that came up with the idea!

I also liked that there was a good amount of battles. I would have wanted even more exos to squash :-) but still, there were enough and the quest took me a good amount of time to complete.

The battle scene was short but intense. I ain`t never seen so many Exo Gunners in one place. Enjoyed that!

This part taken from the mission debriefing is also a nice touch: "the Iznuk have reduced their supply costs by 5 percent as a thank-you for your help"
Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside when I see that what I did mattered in more that one way.

However, I wish there was more than one reward. Being bimonthly now it`s even hard to deal with gap fillers or just get good stuff. I wish and hope that every quest from this big change (the releases going bimonthly) will have 2 or more rewards, so that more players get to buy something. But I can`t even imagine the amount of time, work, coding and testing it takes to release just one reward, be it an armor, gauntlet, skill/tech etc. So all that you release is much appreciated!

I would love to see a continuation of this quest and more things to remind me of one of my fav movies. Never read the book, but I think I will.
While thinking about a possible quest continuation, I even though of a possible reward.

The carapace aka the shell on the Exo Barnacle Basher's back. That thing could be modified and used as a water gauntlet. And like the Network Deflector, maybe, when clicked on, it could be used to attack, like the monster does with the spikes coming out of it`s back. Just a thought.

Now to comment on the new gun, what can I say, it`s good. I played through the new quest 2 times by only using it, except when I had to use my Veritos on a couple of monsters, and it hits solid dmg with great lucky strike dmg dealt. Too bad I can`t get the lvl 115 one, darn you max lvl cap! I do wish it was a bit smaller like 15 or 20% it`s looks kinda hard to wield. The artwork reminds me of one of them van der graaf generators. It looks good, but like I said seems a bit bigger compared to the player.

Well, this was a long post, so I`ll end it with me typing: Good job with this quest, I had fun and can`t wait for the next release!

< Message edited by Balu -- 10/26/2011 14:48:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
10/26/2011 18:35:27   
ArchMagus Orodalf

Huh, the Gun's been released. That took a while...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/27/2011 15:30:48   
Jakau Ryuu

*checks info subs* Huh, the new Tech's got an accurate lean, on top of dealing Magic damage. That's two points in its favor - I'm keeping it. ^_^
Certainly wasn't expecting a Darkness-element gun. And according to my list of "Stuff I Don't Have and Can't Get Yet," it fills in some higher-level gaps.

< Message edited by Jakau Ryuu -- 10/27/2011 15:31:20 >
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> =WF= Release October 18, 2011 - Starship Snoopers - LIVE!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition