Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DN 19 October,2011 Harvest Part Deux(2)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DN 19 October,2011 Harvest Part Deux(2)
Page 15 of 15«<1112131415
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/24/2011 18:49:31   
Wraith

@BloodKnight997: Better yet, a Assassin Turkey, that flies into your mouth, gets eaten, and poisons you. (Poison forces you not not battle for a minute, and can only by activated out of battle)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 351
10/24/2011 19:05:54   
LadyHeartbreak

@supermasivo
Im sorry but putting a +42 support requirement on HA would wipe out all str tlm, then what builds are left for the tlm class? they will be forced to 5 focus, now that support is nerfed. and there's not much strategy in 5 focus, just tanking, long and boring fights (in my opinion). wiping out str tlm means no fast build for tlm. it would be like wiping out smoke+mass build for bh. btw I'm not str tlm
Post #: 352
10/24/2011 19:08:19   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

If Specials are going to be a more frequent, having this unknown factor, this does alter the game when stat points and percentages are used for strategy; I think having a new button for weapon specials. Once it is charged, the player can decide if they wish to use the special. This could open the door for class specific specials, weapon specials and unknown specials.

In regard additional cool-down for medic, this hurts balanced passive builds that require patience. The builds, as stated, will continue to go to extremes to compensate.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 10/24/2011 19:11:13 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 353
10/24/2011 19:42:21   
rej

I've said it before and i'll say it again. time for the balance to team to cut their losses and fix all of the massive, bungling mistakes they've made.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 354
10/24/2011 19:44:22   
One Winged Angel1357

Rej would you rather go back to the good old sledgehammer to the knees method that made you leave Tech Mage
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 355
10/24/2011 19:48:56   
rej

We're still using that method, only more drawn out. more like hot wax to the back over a 1 month period.

If you notice, the team does something, then makes it worse rather than fixing the problem. they tested and approved of slaughtering support builds by nerfing heal (thus making str builds OP), then they made that WORSE by nerfing skill returns, (as everyone knows, str builds rely little on abilities with skill returns. they use damage % builds such as doublestrike, massacre, frenzy, etc)

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 356
10/24/2011 19:51:55   
One Winged Angel1357

trust me narej they sit around and test these before going all out with the kill if we were using the old method TLM would be 100% worthless right now.

The scaling system never would have came to be in the old method which the scaling system gave life to some skills(Assim)

I could list more but my side project has left me so brain dead I can barely remember what the scaling system affected
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 357
10/24/2011 19:53:03   
Wraith

The Jack-o-Fire is awesome, however there are some suggestions to make (my $12.50 since I fully plan on buying both).

• The Jack-o-Fire should be a skill that can be activated, filling in the extra spot by the bot. Maybe it already does, I don't know =/. It would have a two turn warm-up and a eight-turn cool down, because 100/13=somewhere between 7 and 8...
  • Jack-o-Fire should be similar to a bot. You would be able to choose to be able to attack in either element -- Physical or Energy. I believe Rakdos stated that the Physical Special caused a few mishaps.
  • Make Pumpkleaver also be able to have this feature. No harm done: It is doubtful people using the sword can survive the two turns against full-fledged Varium players. Also, 13% is not an excessive amount. I honestly do not know how this will affect Juggernaut, but I doubt the lower levels can actually find the people to challenge, and that they probably won't be able to complete it. 40 wins is a good amount to be achieved in a day or two, a steady rate like that means that they would be over the 25-30/26-31 Range.

Just an opinion, what do you think of it? =)

EDIT: For the dual-element thing, I meant it would have two slots in there, or simply 6.5% for each.

< Message edited by Wraith -- 10/24/2011 19:55:34 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 358
10/24/2011 20:36:08   
rej

^sounds crazy.

Question, what exactly is the purpose of the special? from what i've managed to read, it sounds like it does normal strike damage 87% of the time, and the rest of the time it deals 13% normal weapon damage.

See your PM inbox ~Eukara Vox, Forum Moderator

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 10/26/2011 23:17:11 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 359
10/24/2011 20:45:08   
Wraith

@rej: The Jack-o-Fire attacks deals 113% Physical Damage, but people Strike for a normal attack, not for Jack-o-Fire. The Physical instead of Energy can potentially cost a loss.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 360
10/24/2011 20:49:14   
rej

^ah, thankyou for clearing that up.

in other words, it's really only useful if your opponent has nearly equal res/def, and you having nothing else to use but strike. (an unlikely situation to land in)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 361
10/24/2011 21:51:19   
Midnightsoul

@wraith
on that post about the assassin turkey, i said peacock because i didnt want a weird looking armor. a tank turkey would be nice but i think it would be better if the assassin was a peacock..also, one question, why did u and cyber's name get changed and was it without notice?
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 362
10/24/2011 21:57:01   
Wraith

@BloodKnight997: We requested it =).

quote:

19) "How do I change my forum name?"

quote:

According to the AE Staff and Staff Assistants List, Seahawk is responsible for changing your forum name. You only get one rename, so make sure you really want the new name, nobody else already has the name, and you have a good reason. If, after all that, you're sure you still want the name change, then send him a PM and ask nicely. But remember that he's a busy hawk, so please be patient!

Taken from the =AE= Frequently Asked Questions

This kind of question goes in the Forum Support Subforum, however.

On Topic: True, a peacock seems more like an assassin than a fat turkey.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 363
10/25/2011 16:13:36   
PivotalDisorder

Naomi has sold out of Spectral Reaper and Harvest Reaper but Xraal [Biodome] and Snork [Minetower] still have 50-100 of each left.

Just in case anyone thought they had missed out and were waiting for a restock :)

Threads merged. Please keep Topics related to the update in the Design Notes Thread. Thanks! ~Lectrix

< Message edited by Lectrix -- 10/25/2011 20:22:07 >
Post #: 364
10/25/2011 16:50:50   
Wraith

Whether they will be here tomorrow is my question.

But thanks for the info.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 365
10/25/2011 18:45:00   
PivotalDisorder

Why?

we haven't really had the other half of the Harvest Update yet, I expect the weapons to be there until a week on Friday.
Post #: 366
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DN 19 October,2011 Harvest Part Deux(2)
Page 15 of 15«<1112131415
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition