Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Good days of early beta

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Good days of early beta
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/28/2011 21:05:14   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Found this here

This is proof this game usedd to be great lol.

I believe we can get back to this stage(not beta)

So what i want to know is, how can ED improve and be a more fun game for all.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/92789/epicduel-f2p-beta-launched-6-13-09/p1
^Link for what inspired me to make this post.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/28/2011 21:14:34   
AQWPlayer

The devs are finally starting to care about the balance...again :D
AQW  Post #: 2
10/28/2011 21:18:41   
One Winged Angel1357

things are improving we are returning to the limited unbalance that was Beta(Support Mercs anyone)

The gap is less

and we have a story writer again but I dont think Cindy can fill the place of Big Tuna just because Big Tuna was an awesomely fun dude
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 3
10/28/2011 21:23:40   
DeathGuard

Balance may return, but the features and the new items, would continue to come and the new op items will come in a cycle.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/28/2011 21:58:19   
DunkThatOreo

Screw balance, screw op and up classes, I just want the fun back in epic duel is it that hard.
Titan and nightwraith made some bad decisions but you guys sux donkey ears because you're
all whiny turds and you get mad because something doesn't go you're way. Shut up with the
whining and the flaming and actually use that time to go have fun in epicduel. *oh I can't have
fun in epicduel because tlm is op and the balance system is broken waaahhh*No shut up because
battling isn't the only thing you can do, you can hang out with friends, create crazy builds that you know
will fail but will be fun to use, make a conversation with a random person, throw a party, do things you wouldn't
normally do because what else is there to do then?
Epic  Post #: 5
10/28/2011 22:22:42   
AQWPlayer

@DunkThatOreo
Who's whining here? -_-
AQW  Post #: 6
10/28/2011 22:33:04   
DunkThatOreo

I said the ed community not in this thread
Epic  Post #: 7
10/28/2011 22:57:18   
Buffy A. Summers

I Have Said This Before In Past Threads...

The Simple Problem And Solution To Make The Game As It Once Was Are... FACTIONS.

Forget Current Overpowered Builds/Classes, Balance, Rares... What Made The Game EPIC In It's Best Days (Beta) Were The Factions.

Factions Used To Have Alot Of Meaning And Pride, And The Competition Was Super Pro Back Then For Daily Medals.

You Simply Had The Best All Time Players And Best All Time Factions Playing Their Hearts Out Daily...And Everyone Cared. It Felt As Though Medals Meant Something Then.

The Factions And Faction War Is The Key To The "Good Old Days". The Devs Have Done A Horrible Job With The Growth And Evolution Of Factions And The Faction War Itself.

There Is Absolutely No Difference Between A Level 7 Faction And Level 11 Faction. So What's The Point?

People Don't Care Anymore, And Certainly Not As Much As They Used To. Factions Often Come And Go Now Too. Often Disbanding And Reforming In One Way Or Another.

This Could Have Been Avoided Had They Actually Done Faction Founder Step-Down And Other Long Promised Improvements On The Faction System.

I'm Not Saying Varium...But There Should Be Something That The Top Officer Of A Level 11 Faction Receives with 10,000+ Wins And 10,000+ Tokens Donated...

Compared To A Level 10 Player In A Level 5 Faction With 50 Wins... And , Surprise...There Is NOT.

Why Should I Bother Playing All Day To Win A Faction Medal If No One Cares And There Is No Value To The "Faction Score" Or Faction Level?

Titan Has Flat Out LIED Many Times. Promising Faction Upgrades And Improvements For Almost 2 Years With NOTHING Done.

The Heart Of This Game Are The Factions And Faction War. The Devs Have Done Little To Evolve That Concept And Improve On It.

I Hate To Mention This, But It Seems To Me (No Surprise), That They Are MONEY Driven. See, Most Faction Improvements Would Be FREE. So Of Course, They Have Never Been Top Priorty.

Faction Founder Step-Down Or Faction Take-Over Are FREE Options. Awarding Credits Daily, Based On Faction Level, Again Would Be A Free Feature And Nice Reward.

Having Faction "Flag" Skins, Armors, Or Bikes, That Are Awarded At Certain Levels Or Given By Faction Founders Again, Would Be FREE And Take The Power Out Of The Admins Hands...

And Into The True LEADERS Of The Game (All Time Faction Founder Players). The Ones Who Actually Help Drive And Run This Game Daily And Have For A Long Time.

This Would Encourage Players To Create Factions, Stay In Factions, And Play More Daily. Rivalry Would Be Restored To What It Was Once Before.

What About Direct Faction Wars? Where Influence Is Doubled Vs. Your "Rival" Faction? Where Only A Faction Founder Can Select And Link To Another Faction Founder's Team?

How About A Faction Only "Exclusive" NPC? Or A Faction "Shop" That Unlocks More Things At Higher Levels? So Many Ideas, Never Used.

It's Such A Simple And Beautiful Way To Make This Game Live Up To It's Fullest Potential. I Don't Want To Hear Excuses About Coding It... TITAN Himself Has Promised "Some" Of These Things For About 2 Years!

Does It Takes YEARS To Do Something? How Sad. Their Priorities Are Class Changing Balance Updates And New Varium Weapons, Armors And Features. What A Shocker!

~ Buffy

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 10/28/2011 23:09:44 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
10/28/2011 23:07:15   
goldslayer1

i agree with buffy.
my loyalty to my faction is the only thing keeping me in ED ATM.

i have no reason to play this game aside from my faction.
and there isn't much reward that my faction gets from winning so many dailies, flag captures, and WDs aside from pride and once in a while some fame.

if my faction weren't here, i would have been gone a long time ago.
(idk if anyone remember but when Control Alt Death disbanded the first time i quit for about 2 months. only reason i came back was because of my friends still being around the same factions.)
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
10/28/2011 23:08:24   
Angels Holocaust

Another problem that we must face is 2 vs 2. The mode has been a problem since the beginning of this game. The match ups are just plain awful, lv 33's being partnered with a lv 28 with basic blades is just unacceptable. How are we supposed to win in this situation? The outcome shouldn't be decided so quickly. The lv cap needs to be raised or partners are supposed to be linked.
Post #: 10
10/28/2011 23:10:04   
goldslayer1

u guys wanna know a good day?
November 1st ;)

@angels
partner sounds like a good idea.
just makes me wonder why they wont try it

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 10/28/2011 23:12:32 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
10/28/2011 23:15:02   
Buffy A. Summers

@ Heya Angels. I Love And Miss You Girl.

I Completely Agree... Of Course Fixing 2vs2 Does Not Gain Them Varium ($$$) In Anyway So It Has Never Been Improved On.

Many Players Such As Luna Moonfang, Have Suggested A Simple Requirement Of Having A Primary, Aux And Gun To Join 2vs2.

How Hard Can That Be To Do?

I Stopped Doing 2vs2, When I Get Partnered With A Level 28 With No Gun Or Aux Vs. 2 Full Varium Mercs. I Mean Really...Jeez.

Talk About Unbalanced.

*facepalm*
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
10/28/2011 23:18:21   
goldslayer1

quote:

Of Course Fixing 2vs2 Does Not Gain Them Varium ($$$) In Anyway So It Has Never Been Improved On.

how about a system like the juggernaut card but for partner linking?
meaning player A wants to link with player B
both players would require the linking card for the process to be done.
simple solution so they knock 2 birds with 1 stone. (1 team = 2 linking cards)
think of it as elite access to 2 vs 2.

this way it might actually get on their priority list.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
10/28/2011 23:25:52   
Buffy A. Summers

@Goldslayer1

I Really Like That Idea Actually. But I Can See How It Would Be A Bit Abused By Some Of The Game's Top (And Richest) Players....Like A Varium Only Server...It's Creates...Seperation, Elite-tism.

Having A Primary, Gun, Aux Requirement, For Example, Helps All Players At All Levels In 2vs2.

And As Angels Stated...The Level Gap Should Be Adjusted For 2vs2... Maybe Like Only Within 3 Levels, Even If Finding A Battle Took A Little Longer.

And Don't Even Get Me Started On Partners Who Leave.

Really, Over 2 Years Now And NO Improvements On Factions And 2vs2 For That Matter... I Hate To Harp On This, But It Seems These Things Are Completely Free (And Needed) To Improve On...

So Of Course, They Are At The Bottom Of The "To-Do" List.

< Message edited by Buffy A. Summers -- 10/28/2011 23:26:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/28/2011 23:37:07   
AQWPlayer

@Buffy
I think your 2vs2 situation is a little bit more "acceptable" than mine. Imagine a non varium Tech Mage in 2vs2 with a level 28 partner going against 2 level 33 "Tactical" Mercenaries? (TLMs really need no tactics to win. At all. Which is why I used "")
AQW  Post #: 15
10/28/2011 23:55:33   
Buffy A. Summers

@AQWPlayer

I Can Imagine How Tough That Is, Sorry. It's Never Fun Facing 2 Level 33 Tac Mercs With A Low Level Partner, No Matter What.

But The Point Is...It Happens Too Often To Us All. 2vs2 Used To Be Alot More Fun And Competetive In Beta. They Haven't Improved On The Many Glaring Problems Since.

Which Is A Shame.

AQW Epic  Post #: 16
10/29/2011 0:09:47   
Sensi12

the faction propels me and makes me want to play but i think the game was very fun in beta when i was in dsx so i guess factions makes you want to play

< Message edited by Sensi12 -- 10/29/2011 0:14:02 >
Post #: 17
10/29/2011 0:11:29   
bloodyfinger

i wonder is the faction really important for epicduel player?
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/29/2011 4:58:45   
Minus123

@ above

For me, hell ya. My faction's leaders have been inactive for almost 3 months. only thing keeping me here is the hope that they'll come back.
Post #: 19
10/29/2011 5:40:40   
ansh0

I couldn't agree more with Buffy,well said.
Factions are really nothing.I've been with my faction for 6 months now,there really is no fun in competeing. Nobody even looks at faction all times now,leave alone all time,players don't even look at faction dailies.most just look for factions for the 2 achievemnts, not the teamwork of gaining a medal,or world domination.

~black spidey
Epic  Post #: 20
10/29/2011 6:30:56   
Gepard Acht

faction doesnt give people anything except some extra friends and probably some cheevo, something needs to be done concerning this matter
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
10/29/2011 7:24:03   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

quote:

how about a system like the juggernaut card but for partner linking?
meaning player A wants to link with player B
both players would require the linking card for the process to be done.
simple solution so they knock 2 birds with 1 stone. (1 team = 2 linking cards)
think of it as elite access to 2 vs 2.

this way it might actually get on their priority list.

That wont prevent people from leaving though.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
10/29/2011 7:38:08   
Deimos...

I Wonder How Long It Takes To Type A Paragraph Like This Buffy. Yeah, I Agree With You About The Faction Thing Though.
Epic  Post #: 23
10/29/2011 8:36:03   
jegaggin

thats what i've been thinking lol. I'm curious why buffy does it... Anyway I think with the current balancish situation. The developer should try and focus on faction bonuses. It will help with activeness.

offtopic: I've just noticed how the helmet i have looks quite tiny versus space warrior.

< Message edited by jegaggin -- 10/29/2011 8:37:43 >

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
10/29/2011 21:09:27   
nico0las

I'm going to reach 1000 2v2s, and quit. It's absolutely ridiculous.
I hate being derogatory towards peoples' work, but there are some things that need to be fixed SOON:

#1: 2v2. I can't stress this one enough. The partnering is absolute crap, to say the least, and the amount of under equipped players is enough to send you into a frenzy. Make the level range smaller, and make sure everyone is fully equipped after level 20 to be able to join a 2v2.

#2: Factions/faction wars: Buffy did a very good job explaining the problem, even though it was long. I'll simply summarize, but I agree 100%. The higher level a faction gets, there should be more and more rewards. Factions such as Legit, CaD, or DSX are no different, in terms of reward, than some useless faction run by a level 28, besides having the name of the faction on a screen where the whole community can see. There need to be rewards

#3: Balance: A touchy subject. I see nearly no problem with the current state of balance, excluding of course Str/Support abuse. The difference with support/str abuse and Dex/tech abuse is that dex and tech will NOT contribute to your overall damage capabilities, whereas with str, even your most basic attack can hit huge amounts of damage. Maybe a dex hunter can have a high multishot (my record being 87), but at the end of the day, I'd rather have a strong strike, that can be used infinite times, than a multishot that costs half my MP and is usually used once.

#4: The community. I'm going to be very frank here, and say what I think about the community: We are all a bunch of immature, self centered babies. The team can't achieve the goals we ask for if all we do is sit in front of a screen hating on them. Mind you, there are some smart, educated, and patient people on these forums who I admire, and are actually contributing something. Among others, Gold, chosen one, T.600, the list goes on. Unfortunately, these people (I'm not arrogant enough to add myself to this list, if I actually do benefit the community, that's fantastic) are greatly outweighed by the ignorant, self involved CHILDREN who try to make a change, but are only stressing out the team and the players.

I'm sorry to the community for #4, but I had to say it. It's now off my chest, and hopefully some will agree with me.
This is a list of things that need to be looked at again. I hope you all agree.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Good days of early beta
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition