Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (HS) Desperate Measures discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Desperate Measures discussion
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/16/2011 22:27:21   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Meh, that's not that depressing to me, personally. For one, you'd think her father would have stated to have been mangled earlier, and the Alzheimer's desease has a good chance to only be mentioned in past tense. Along with that, given the fact that super heroes opperate under a secret identity, and do their work anonomously, I find it highly improbably that there would be any fund for them, and if so, that would give a good chance of their secret identity being discovered somewhat easily, which also makes it a somewhat bad option.

The backstory part about the war, the girlfrined and the welfare worker is very interesting, though, and would make a viable backstory.

Your chain of events also has her apparently becoming a super heroine to get payed, which, while being somewhat distasteful, and creating circumstances that could easily lead to the birth of villains, does somewhat make sense for her mindset, because if that was so, it would be psychologically easier to choose to take and sell the malachite.

While PTSD certainly would create a scary environment for a growing child, I personally do not find it to compatible with her personality, and if you are taking into account the last story, and the fact that Vector may be planning to use the father to talk to Experimental on a serious note before the war, like last time, Alzheimer's desease and PTSD would almost make his ability to have that much wisdom and lack of sorrow in his speach impossible, although he could use the oncoming war as a storyline trigger for his PTSD, which might have an interesting effect on the story, although it may or may not be better than a wise talking to. Hard to say.

Personally, I like my version of possibilities better, because yours almost seems to arbitrarilly put random horrors into her life that don't connect well with the character and the circumstances, and mine makes more sense, storyline wise.

Also, if her mother left at the age of 2, and she'd had to deal with the circumstances for almost the entirety of her life, while it would be hard, she would have gotten used to it, not known her, and her life of hardships would have seemed normal to her. Her coming into a fight with her mother in a climactic duel to the death sounds like it would be awesome, but would not have as much emotional impact on her as deadly fighting with a sibling, who had been there with you since birth would. In fact, I'd think it would be much easier to fight her mother in those circumstances, and doing so with her sister would give her a handicap which could potentially get her killed, even if she brings her down, because her sister would take such an opportunity to strike out against her rather dishonorably, and gain victory like that. (that would also give a good point of drama for Experimental/Psi at which he would kill her in his rage, and then when Demolicious survives, their relationship would be strained)

Also, with the shock of her mother actually dieing in front of her eyes, her sister leaving to go against everything she believes in, and abandoning her dad, and then her dad potentially dying, the emotional trauma would have been more terrible than if her dad died after many years of torturous life, and her mother having abandoned her.

Sorry that I am going against your will, Vector. I will not post on the matter again, unless you comment on it.
DF  Post #: 26
11/16/2011 22:33:38   
Vector

you guys can start spewing ideas like a broken fire hydrant all you want, but in the end, I decide what gets used
Post #: 27
11/16/2011 22:36:59   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Yes I know. Goodnight.
DF  Post #: 28
11/16/2011 22:38:22   
Goldstein

My idea wouldn't fit Vector's story at all, that wasn't my intention. I was just trying to show that I can out-horror you. I agree, your ideas would fit Vector's story much better.

And Vector, we might be fire hydrants spewing out dime a dozen idea, you just might find a sparkling droplet that strikes a chord with you. That's the joy of authors brainstorming together.
Post #: 29
11/16/2011 22:49:54   
Vector

still, goldstein, the decision lies with me no matter what, but you're right.

i do intend on having poor demo's backstory a bit dark though, so you might wanna bring a flashlight
Post #: 30
11/17/2011 17:48:11   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Eh, I could make it much darker, if I wished to, but that would be making her into a character she isn't, and it would seem almost pointless to me, which is why I did not make another idea entirely, instead of sticking to my original and pointing out its strengths and your versions weaknesses.
DF  Post #: 31
11/17/2011 18:43:45   
Vector

that makes me have second thoughts about my idea...
Post #: 32
11/17/2011 18:55:16   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Your idea for this story all together, or an individual part?
DF  Post #: 33
11/17/2011 20:12:26   
Vector

the chapter where i focus on demo's possible backstory.
Post #: 34
11/19/2011 21:26:50   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Well, now that I've championed 2 matches in TF2, and lost one miserably, (those were very long matches. It continued untill someone captured all the points, and I was like Rambo. lol), I think I'll see what you've got to show me, my good man.

The first paragraph captures the moment very well... Would have sucked if he twitched- or glitched, for that matter -and accidentally ripped her hand off...

Nice to see he figured out that not all guys in SkullDeep are evil... And now, back to the show.

Quote: "No, you didn't get infected at all, dear, or otherwise I would've complained about the same thing. What's happening to you-- er, both of us is that we managed to fall in love." *unquote*

^Not if it's a computer virus...

IT BE A METAPHOR, YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!

I wonder how they managed to program instincts... Or if that is a shred of humanity shining through...

Showing Experimental's backstory? THAT is refreshing... So glad to see you are willing to give him a past, and not make him seem to have just sprang out of the blue into existance. XP

Urm... this makes me question Frank's sensibilities...

His parents naming that makes me want to roll on the floor laughing. LAUGHING, I SAY!!!!!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "he's teh reashon I exirsts" bit is so awesome, that it made me laugh, in conjunction with the fact that my dad's partner is an idiot on Spades, EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The "more of a softy, less of a *bullets fire and bombs explode, preventing the words from being heard*" bit was also brilliantly entertaining. :)

Interesting to actually have him have a living father figure...

One might say it's a bit strange to have a supposedly evil person act so nicely, and offer to gain retribution in a way similar to what a hero would, but then again, that would go against the flow of the story, and the fact that not all is what it seems in Pleasantown.

What very important rule can't be broken?
DF  Post #: 35
11/19/2011 21:50:15   
Vector

thought i explained it earlier ^^; the rule is that no villain can't make a child (ex. Demo) go through such a very bad nightmare, more or less. davinci... simply, broke it. nobody's happy about it.

quote:

The "more of a softy, less of a *bullets fire and bombs explode, preventing the words from being heard*" bit was also brilliantly entertaining. :)

backwards! it's less softy, more of the other thing.

quote:

Showing Experimental's backstory? THAT is refreshing... So glad to see you are willing to give him a past, and not make him seem to have just sprang out of the blue into existance. XP

hey, i planned on showing his past in one of my other stories, but i forgot to... :\

quote:

IT BE A METAPHOR, YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!

my thought exactly... *rolls eyes*

quote:

Urm... this makes me question Frank's sensibilities...

details required.
Post #: 36
11/19/2011 22:40:38   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Oh, I thought that rule was just informal, and held by Stein personally... I was presuming many of them probably ignored that, being villains, and it wasn't enforced.

Ikr? I didn't notice I got that backwords. lol

Anywho, I am glad you decided to explore it this time, and yeah, Frank's sensibilities, as I put it, will need to be further explored.

lol @ roling your eyes at yourself. XP

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 11/19/2011 22:41:15 >
DF  Post #: 37
11/19/2011 22:45:33   
Shadowlord9k

Finally gonna comment.

Chapter I:
And here I thought the lava would be the "guest area".
quote:

that psycho Davinci swarmed me with his stupid killbots over at the park a while ago, telling me to leave it to the 'real' heroes or whatever."

I makes me wonder why (ingame) no other heroes showed up, I mean what was their train of thought was it something like: "I could help with that war but This Sandwich, IT CALLS TO ME!"

Chapter II:
Nothing really needs me to comment on here.

Chapter III:
quote:

It was unbelievable. It was simply unbelievable. The helpless teenager could not be in a worse position than this;

Letsee, she could be:
Limbless
Dying
A zombie
Etc.
So yes, it could get worse.

quote:

prove to be catastrophic in every way

Meteors are catastrophic, this won't cause meteors.

quote:

or even what this 'love' is,"

So you are asking "what is love?"

quote:

Frank Stein

quote:

remind him why that very important rule can't be broken

What rule? I can think of a few that can't be broken.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/19/2011 23:03:11   
Vector

quote:

What rule? I can think of a few that can't be broken.

see my other post. drakky asked about it first.

quote:

So yes, it could get worse.

emotionally is what i meant... gah, i hate having to be captain obvious sometimes...

quote:

So you are asking "what is love?"

[sarcasm] ha...ha...ha. [/sarcasm]
Post #: 39
11/20/2011 0:07:55   
Shadowlord9k

quote:

see my other post. drakky asked about it first.

Interesting rule...

quote:

emotionally is what i meant... gah, i hate having to be captain obvious sometimes...

Limbless would be emotionally devastating. Point still stands.

quote:

[sarcasm] ha...ha...ha. [/sarcasm]

You brought it upon yourself.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/20/2011 1:23:49   
Goldstein

I prefer this version of the song.

Anyway, good chapter, new character, always fun. You should make his middle name "Inner." Frank Inner Stein. Catchy. It seems like those two fell in love rather easily. Maybe they'll fall out of love just as easily! Or maybe not.

Maybe.
Post #: 41
11/20/2011 8:29:24   
Vector

quote:

Maybe they'll fall out of love just as easily!

i wouldn't count on it

EDIT: @sl9k: yeah, i fell for it hook line and sinker... *facepalm*

< Message edited by Vector -- 11/20/2011 8:30:38 >
Post #: 42
11/20/2011 10:36:27   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

That's true, limblessness WOULD be emotionally devestating if... you know... you didn't die of bloodloss, or whatever.

Oh yes, and I was there, to be fair, as ye olde cutscene indicates, along with a very few other heroes... and by a very few, I mean a very few. That was a very unpopular war.

At the time, I was actually on the other side of the park, with around 10k robots between me and DaVinci/Demolicious... so yeah... To be fair, I DID try to get to her, which is why it shows that I have seperated from the other heroes fighting the killbots in the area, if you watch the cutscene very closely.

Oh yes, and this reminds me that Demolicious would know me from my large part in the war effort, if nothing else, which I forgot to say last time, and you didn't indicate, as far as I know.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 11/20/2011 10:38:36 >
DF  Post #: 43
11/20/2011 10:55:45   
Vector

i didn't even see you in there! i'll have to look harder next time
would she know what your name is by you telling her earlier, or would she have to refer you as 'that guy who helped'?
Post #: 44
11/20/2011 13:13:39   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I don't know, really. I was actually quite well known, and my character obviosuly talked to her about missions, but aparently the guy who talks to NPCs and my char that I have while fighting is a different person, because the guy who gets missions was also in the cutscene in a different place.

I'd say it's relatively likely that she does know my name, however.

There also was one other hero that stopped fighting the Destroyers to either flee, or try to get to DaVinci/Demolicious, it seems, looking at the cutscene again.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 11/20/2011 13:22:11 >
DF  Post #: 45
11/20/2011 13:16:27   
Vector

a bit of a paradox, dare i say.

ah well, food for thought at least.
Post #: 46
11/20/2011 13:23:47   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Indeed. I also think the guy talking to NPCs is the guy who was actually by Demolicious, and talking to her right before she tried to attack DaVinci, because I would never say there is no hope left...

I hated that line...
DF  Post #: 47
11/20/2011 13:30:28   
Vector

can't help but ask, though...
would you try to keep your initial disapproval of the cyborg to yourself, or would you try to slide it through discreetly and hope no one notices?
Post #: 48
11/20/2011 14:21:23   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Oh, I have tact. It is not necessarily disapproval of him, or the relationship at all, but a warriness, due to the fact that I know very well it COULD be a trap, but also know that such a thing could happen, and I don't judge by appearances.

I would, of course, keep that to myself.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 11/20/2011 14:26:51 >
DF  Post #: 49
11/25/2011 21:40:01   
Vector

ok, i need some opinions.
this is a serious question, and it will have an effect on my story later on, so choose wisely
EDIT: this will last until dec. 3rd. after that, you're out of luck

< Message edited by Vector -- 11/26/2011 14:27:49 >
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) Desperate Measures discussion
Page 2 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition