Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2012 19:55:09   
Agiluz

Cyber Hunters are forced to use high dex to able to "connect" their strike efficiently using Static Charge skill.
Tech/Blood Mages with Deadly Aim can still beat Cyber Hunter's Plasma Armor.
In my opinion they are not OP because right now I can see how Tech Mage got 90% 1v1 leaderboard while Cyber Hunters got 80% wins.
I'm not saying TM is OP but they just counter CH's Tankiness
Post #: 451
1/8/2012 21:32:00   
Goony
Constructive!

Static Charge should have a warm up turn or an extra cool down turn.

Epic  Post #: 452
1/8/2012 23:36:40   
Laces

As many people are complaining that CH is OP'd because of Plasma Armor, I suggest this. Note that I am a CH since Delta began.

Plasma Armor:

Level 1: +5 Tech
Level 2: +7 Tech
Level 3: + 8 Tech
Level 4: +10 Tech
Level 5: +12 Tech
Level 6: +14 Tech
Level 7: +16 Tech
Level 8: +17 Tech
Level 9: +19 Tech
Level 10: +20 Tech

Keep the same Tech Requirements (43 Tech Required for Max level Plasma Armor). This is equivalent to about a +5 or +6 on Plasma Armor.

< Message edited by Laces -- 1/8/2012 23:37:04 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 453
1/9/2012 1:58:13   
ngshuyi94

@ Agiluz

Ur talking about 1v1 and in 1v1 u know something called NPC?

U should get what im saying.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 454
1/9/2012 4:07:04   
drinde

Hmm. Since BloodMagi needs a way to either get/drain EP, how about a skill like BloodShield that converts HP into EP? I'm sure Xendran/PD suggested something like that before.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 455
1/9/2012 4:10:46   
Gepard Acht

^ Necro Heal
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 456
1/9/2012 4:17:35   
Darkeroid

^lol
Epic  Post #: 457
1/9/2012 4:24:34   
Colarndo

http://www.aqworldswiki.com/index.php/Necromancer_Class

Copy Weaken from there and paste here :p

Necro-Blood-Mancer class
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 458
1/9/2012 4:26:23   
drinde

=="

Off topic much?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 459
1/9/2012 4:29:48   
Gepard Acht

dude im talkin about necro heal which is from AQ not AQW ==
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 460
1/9/2012 4:31:53   
drinde

I know that! ==

Now can we get back on topic?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 461
1/9/2012 4:46:24   
Gepard Acht

how about getting BM something like assimilate but with no damage, so its concentrated on only reducing EP but you'll get 25 or 50 % of the EP you take
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 462
1/9/2012 11:55:19   
Smackie El Frog

Can someone tell me a logical reason why the CH's skill Plasma Armor isn't in the spot of their EMP Gernade?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 463
1/9/2012 11:57:51   
Luna_moonraider

@ above
emp in tier 1 is gr8 why would they change it.

AQW Epic  Post #: 464
1/9/2012 12:02:14   
Sparticus

What is the Tech REQ for level 1 shield and what is the starting Tech for a level 1 CH?
Also, this ensures that all CH will have at least a level 1 EMP. That bothers me since I can't easily replace lost energy as a BH.

Answered my own question, Tech req is 16 at level 1 and starting Tech is 24. OK I got no clue either?

< Message edited by Sparticus -- 1/9/2012 12:04:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 465
1/9/2012 12:02:33   
Ranloth
Banned

I wondered actually as well, seeing as it's a passive. It could really go in place of Plasma Armor or Matrix, because it makes more sense.
If they are tiered by power, I fail to see difference between Tier 1 Mineral and Tier 2 Plasma. :P Best bet is to make it not as easy as TLM perhaps, which still might be but that's only reason I can think of.
AQ Epic  Post #: 466
1/9/2012 12:18:51   
Smackie El Frog

Also, at level 1 which is more useful? An armor that is passive? Or draining energy from a level 1 so they can't use any energy attacks, which at level is going to give you the same damage any non-energy attack will do. So that doesn't really help low level CH's....

EDIT:

Another thing makes me wonder is why CH are lacking a stat buff skill. I believe that is pretty criminal for a class. Maybe they deserve something along the lines of Field Commander or possibly a new buff that can increase support? However, there are not too many skills that could be replaced on their skill tree to allow such a change. The only ones that seem plausible are either venom strike or cheap shot. Both of which, are skills most people have not fully utilized in most of the current CH builds.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 1/9/2012 19:10:53 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 467
1/9/2012 21:21:53   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@smackie Wiseman stated himself that not every class needs a stat buff nor a stat nerf skill. Just like every class does not need Poison or all of the same skills. CHs do great damage as strength and support builds. I have yet to face the support version but the strength one is a tough one to beat already.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 468
1/9/2012 21:38:27   
DeathGuard

Static Charge should only be able to regain 15-20 energy back at maximum, their energy recovering ability is really high and that is what make thems strong, using high lvl skills which decreases tech (malf) and skills which inflict high damage ( cheap shot, multi, massacre).
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 469
1/10/2012 8:45:21   
DestruRaGe

Ok lower energy regain on static charge BUT make it unblocable then.

Epic  Post #: 470
1/10/2012 11:41:54   
Ranloth
Banned

Static Charge is due to get balanced, as it seems to be the case with CH being OP'ed but mainly with Str builds - full EP Heal is just no, every 2 turn as well. Expect it changed soon.
AQ Epic  Post #: 471
1/10/2012 12:25:16   
Oba

quote:

Static Charge should only be able to regain 15-20 energy back at maximum, their energy recovering ability is really high and that is what make thems strong, using high lvl skills which decreases tech (malf) and skills which inflict high damage ( cheap shot, multi, massacre).

Yes that is what makes CH strong, and its also that what gives the CH's a chance to beat TLM's. If a str CH had to get 60-70 isch energy, and lower health (or something else) woulthey get slaughtered. I'd like to see a change for Static Charge later on tho, after TLM have got nerfed to a even level. Note that I am not a CH myself so dont, I am still a TLM, and I see how CH's stand a chance against me as it is now.

As it is now; TLM need a nerf. BM need a buff, and after TLM have been nerfed, so does CH (probably). I see a way to do this, with your suggestion DeathGuard.
Nerf TLM. I dont know how, but it needs to be nerfed. After that is done, make CH's regain 15-20 energy with a lvl 10 Static Charge and give this skill for BM. 15-20 energy would maybe (and most likely) make BM OP, so I suggest to make a new skill very similiar with Static Charge, just less energy regain. (Like assimilate, I guess.)

< Message edited by playarn -- 1/10/2012 12:27:14 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 472
1/10/2012 12:51:35   
Ranloth
Banned

After the change, TLM is quite less OP'ed than before as I can beat them now. Why? Because only few invest in Blood Shield and I'm TM so Energy attacks (of all builds really as well) are in favour of this. They can't do Tech + Smoke/Bot combo either as it's gone. And same will go to Maul, which ignored 20% of defences and stunned on top of it which meant it was much in favour of Str builds. You could've been simply 2 hit KO'ed by TLMs without you having a turn in game at all.
BM is good as it is now, but will follow others - skill like Assimilate would be really great. Probably in place of Intimidate - the skill might fit the theme (Intimidate) but is far from being useful and proves no help really while Assimilate still can deal damage (Blood Mage = focuses on damage, but Energy is main part of it as well), as said give EP back and take some off from others which serves strategical purpose against Mercs, BHs and TMs (ones with no/LOW Reroute). :3

And lastly with CH, as I said above - Static is being discussed on how it can be changed because with Plasma - it made CHs too strong, somewhere on par with old Str TLMs. Yes this is confirmed as well guys.
AQ Epic  Post #: 473
1/11/2012 1:55:11   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

The two biggest build problems with CH are Multi Shot builds and Massacre builds. I see no good point in balancing those builds since the balance team planned on implementing new AoE and Ultimate skills to the new classes some time in the future. This means that those builds will no longer exist because those skills will not be in that class skill tree, therefore a big chunk of the problem is fixed. Static Charge is too powerful though. It almost guarantees a Massacre or Multi Shot after the CH uses Malf of any level. TLM is still a bit OPd but merc classes tend to be when they spam strength and tech and make a unstoppable strength tank. Fought one of them that even had a lvl 8 heal so he could zap away an entire battle's worth of damage in one turn plus Frenzy to heal whatever was left over in health lost.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 474
1/11/2012 13:41:18   
sylar67

loool seriously the following doesnt make sense :

plazma armor + defense matrix + shadow arts + 27-32 defense + 9 defense/ resistance of the armor : this is Called Invulnerable !!!

Font size reduced from 6 to 3, please do not use font sizes larger than 3. ~Illuminator

< Message edited by Illuminator -- 1/11/2012 17:51:45 >
Post #: 475
Page:   <<   < prev  17 18 [19] 20 21   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion Thread
Page 19 of 30«<1718192021>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition