Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Gap3.0

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Gap3.0
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/26/2011 19:40:17   
Nexus...

^

Your right, its not that hard (I do the same thing) but this discussion is about the gap between var/non-var and suggesting that a f2p earn varium to fix their problem theoretically makes them a p2p ;)

Prophet
Epic  Post #: 26
11/26/2011 19:47:23   
Laces

@Seangchea

In a sense your right. I do surveys and get my varium from there. It is not hard. But you have to remember that many non-variums either do not have offers available to them or their parents will not allow them to do so. Thats a problem especially since most non-varium players are young and have no clue on which offers are safe and which aren't.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/26/2011 21:23:01   
One Winged Angel1357

Frankly if you do offers or not holds no value to this conversation and saying you should do them also holds no value to this conversation so drop it.

@PD if you remove all the rares F2P's still have the nice auxs in in old fortune city. Plus every class except for the Merc set has a physical and Energy lv 32 weapon for F2P's, the mercs just have a physical one, and guns at lv 33.
So for numbers F2Ps have a full set of gear lv 32+ because if they use the and a lv 33 gun, physical or energy, and a lv 33 physical aux or you could take a lv 32 energy one which is pretty good compared to the old ways of you had to use a sword to have close to level cap gear that isnt rare
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/26/2011 21:33:04   
rej

I feel that the gap has shrunk significantly thanks to recent nerfs and the release of high level non varium armors.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/27/2011 0:40:30   
Prakash 007

well, am i the only reasonable non var MERC . i barely get 50 to 60% in 1on1 an 2on2, so i went jugger and my record finally went better. what i see is would a non var enhance with 50k creds or enhance with it, i chose to enhance it paid of better, i can usually kill an enhanced non vared tacticals and the occasional var-ed one. but hey im playing were there are no surveys so, i got no chance of varium comin. Sometimes i wish they culd bring me weps to have a 70% win in jugger, when i was in early beta, that was possible with just a gud bild, now its a distant dream...
Epic  Post #: 30
11/27/2011 2:10:49   
xxomegafaustxx

There are too many qualifiers in this thread:

quote:

There are some non variums who are FAR superior to even the best of us variums.

quote:

Some casses Non varium are extremely Uped then in other casses they can be too good! It is all determined by thier class and the class they are fighting.

Hasty generalization (fallacy of insufficient statistics, fallacy of insufficient sample, fallacy of the lonely fact, leaping to a conclusion, hasty induction, secundum quid, converse accident): basing a broad conclusion on a small sample.

quote:

I dont think someone came here and could say "i never lost to a Non Varium player". If they use strategy they can beat variums but Not using strategy(copy builds + attack spam) + Being Non varium shouldnt have a chance against varium players.

As far as I see it, strategy is meaningless in ED. 40+ stats difference from a var compared to a nonvar and basically that's a win. Nonvars literally have to mimic oped builds; wait did some Mercs change to TLM? Coincidence? I think not.

quote:

If anything the gap has gotten too small. The difference between a varium and nonvarium player is hundreds of dollars. If you can't definitely win against somebody who has paid no money, while you've paid hundreds of dollars or spent time on surveys, then this game has gotten completely ridiculous.

Incomplete comparison: where not enough information is provided to make a complete comparison. Ah, I recommend reading "Beggars in Spain" by Nancy Kress, good book if you have the time (:.

quote:

I feel that the gap has shrunk significantly thanks to recent nerfs and the release of high level non varium armors.

Nerfs affect everyone, not just vars nonvars also. I concur, ED has done a great job in introducing new highlvled nonvar armour but it's completely useless. The power of weaponry is derivative to how much you enhancements you put into it. And it costs a way too much just to fully enhance one. If you can't enhance anything, you're basically screwed making the purchase of new armour rendered useless.

What good is a weapon you can't enhance if you lack the credits? Whoops nvm, it costs like 50-60k just to enhance. Sorry your flight has been cancelled.

< Message edited by xxomegafaustxx -- 11/27/2011 2:22:33 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/27/2011 10:10:13   
One Winged Angel1357

@omegafaust missed your posts dude really did

now time to grab some more numbers for stat work

Varium Gear i see most now is Harvest Husk, there is no gun that i see alot of it varies for to much so im going to use one of the lv 33 guns from Old Fortune City, One of the serpent zookas(Energy or Physical i see alot of), and the most common primary i see is the Spectral or Harvest gear which both have the same number of modifiers.

Now if you add all of these up you get +108 stat modifiers and +9 Def/Res

Now if you do this for F2P's you get The lv 31 armor, the TLAPD swords(one less stat modifier then Caden's wraith which is what i used in my last test but it is usable by all classes), The old fortune city F2P guns, and the Hunter Cannon you get +90 and +7 Def/Res

So that is an extra 36 levels for Varium users(27 from stat modifiers alone and one level for each def/res point)
And that is an extra 29.5 levels for F2P's (22.5 from modifiers and one level for each def/res point)

Note this is with all gear full enhanced which is not a very accurate representation of the community so here is a more accurate one.

36 levels for Variums as they tend to be fully enhanced(most bang for your buck)
25 levels for F2P's(One Enhancement on each piece of gear would not be a far stretch for a F2P)

So the Average Varium user has only 11 levels on a F2P as opposed to the 14-15 levels they had on the average F2P when the first Gap topic was made. I call that a step in the right direction

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 11/27/2011 12:42:53 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/27/2011 10:51:45   
rej

^why not one of the eggzookas? they are (or were) by far the most common Zookas.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
11/27/2011 11:20:30   
One Winged Angel1357

Rej i go by what i see and i see more Serpentzookas then Eggzookas
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/27/2011 11:30:03   
Gepard Acht

^most people went with serpent blaster since most strength builds use a physical primary but i do see more energy eggzooka then serpent striker
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/27/2011 12:22:59   
od

quote:

Now if you do this for F2P's you get The lv 31 armor, the TLAPD swords(one less stat modifier then Caden's wraith which is what i used in my last test but it is usable by all classes), The old fortune city F2P guns, and the Hunter Cannon you get +96 and +7 Def/Res

Armor=12
Primry=24
Siderm=16
Aux=15 So intotal 67 stat mods. 67 doesnt = 96 am I missing something
Epic  Post #: 36
11/27/2011 12:35:49   
One Winged Angel1357

Od i added in all the enhancements first round

so it is
Armor=19
Primary=30
Gun=21
Aux=20
Total=90

Whoops i guess i made a mistake in my head somewhere let me fix this but that makes both of us wrong so whatever

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 11/27/2011 12:40:32 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The Gap3.0
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition