Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A Sad Truth - An Ode To Better Days

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Sad Truth - An Ode To Better Days
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/16/2011 22:04:33   
Retrosaur

@Greenrain13
It's the job market these days. It's very costly to have a lot of staff in a company, let alone, a gaming company. The problem is that because most of AE's games are smaller, the teams itself should be relatively small. Having large teams would be pointless, because there would be nothing for them to do. Larger teams are for larger corporations, like EA, Bethseda, etc. AE itself will always remain a small-teamed company, and will always be one.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/16/2011 22:05:37   
Angels Holocaust

Why is everyone face booking on Epicduel. If you wanna gossip and troll then please do it on Facebook, this is Epicduel we're supposed to be fighting and not socializing with each other.
Post #: 27
12/16/2011 22:10:56   
Shadronica

There is one thing that I could absolutely 100% guarantee is that if Artix was mature enough to settle down and have children of his own ... he would certainly not allow his own 10-12 year old daughter play any of his games without 100% moderator henchmen by her side. Its a pity that nobody has addressed this issue.

Yes I kind of agree with you too Nexus. The moderator influence has certainly diminished to an astonishing degree and I can't help but feel that Landis' appearances in ED are only to keep his faction on top.

Oh well nothing will ever really change unfortunately. People will come and go and the loyal people who remain in ED will never be rewarded but each to their own.

@Angel. I couldn't even be bothered with ED facebook thank you.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 12/16/2011 22:13:20 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
12/16/2011 22:22:49   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

If the game chose to add a component that addresses a Host style system within in-game moderation, it could have many advantages.

AQW Epic  Post #: 29
12/16/2011 22:26:38   
goldslayer1

quote:

I can't help but feel that Landis' appearances in ED are only to keep his faction on top.

IMO mods shouldn't have or be in a faction.
there are things that make it unfair for other factions without a mod.
example
Brainwash, war kills, token boost, expirience boost, and top of the line gear when it comes out.

and it makes a huge difference specially when there are 3-4 mods in the same faction. (KOTR, and DSX both have 3 atm. altho i think dsx may have 4. i dont know the whole roster.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/16/2011 22:27:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/17/2011 3:27:57   
Shadow Jester

Fame is the reason many players quit. No one likes an annoying player who begs like this "FAME FOR FAME SHADOW??????" while talking to friends.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
12/17/2011 14:37:52   
Laces

I didn't bother to read all these posts because most of them are frankly much longer then I hoped, but if this has been mentioned before, correct me.

I believe its the players to blame for the way ED has become. During Alpha/Beta, the Devs would update the game every 2-3 weeks and balance and everything was great. ED community was mature, Titan and Nightwraith both came on a lot as well as Big Tuna. When ED merged with AE, AE gamers flowed into ED with the expectation of weekly releases. With the immature trolls and young kids flowing in, the community turned from good to bad over time. The Devs had to keep up with expectations of weekly releases and bigger releases as the players from AE expected more and more. Thus the game turned from good to bad and we are now here.

ED does not follow the AE tradition of weekly releases. People need to understand that. Until they can get a bigger staff, ED should continue to give out releases like they did back in beta. Every 2 weeks. Come on the forums and talk more.

Also, who wanted class change? The players. Who wanted enhancements? The players. Sure the Devs could work the ideas better so its more suitable for everyone and they do receive part of the blame, but majority falls on the players. Its our own greed that has placed ED into the situation it is in today.
AQW Epic  Post #: 32
12/17/2011 14:56:05   
PumKing

I look at all these posts, not just here but literally every other thread, on how much contempt there is in the game. What I have essentially gotten is that the new weapons and their own special abilities have essentially made it so their really is no longer any class that is OP, and it is now, quite officially, pay-to-win. Having not played for nigh over 5 months, and having played other games (League of Legends and Dungeon Fighter to name the main two), coming back to this game and basically seeing a more dilapidated version of what was happening when I left is quite funny since I now have less emotional ties to the game. This is quite the poorly run game, and my empathy goes out to you great players like goldslayer1 and frogbones who still deal with this crud despite not having the devs listen or even care.

There is only one way left to fix the massive problems with this game, and it is to quit it. This rotten corpse of a once great game is beyond repair (in the current hands that it is in). While I know this will be especially hard for those of you who have put vast amounts of money into this game, consider this, of all the money that you have spent throughout all this time has the game gotten any better? I myself have put my vast amounts of money into this game, and I am quite at ease to admit that it is well over 500 U.S.A dollars. Quit this game, it is no longer any good.
Epic  Post #: 33
12/17/2011 19:44:45   
axiel

Yes i Agree this game is getting worse each phase it goes through and its becoming more of a pay to play game .
If you are Rich then you buy loads of varium you can get the best equipment in the game and the best class *tlm*
which would make you extremely opn to other non varium / weaker classes . and now this release also revolves around varium
because some people are willing to spend 1k varium to be on the legion bord or exiel bord so that leaves all the f2p players in the dust
and no way possible to beat varium players that are willing to spend varium .

~DJ

AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/17/2011 19:56:04   
FrostHS
Banned

I just want the game to go back to how it was. The days when non vars could win. The days when ED wasn't greedy. The same days, in which people knew creativity. Not as much build copy. Not as much trolling 10 year olds. When the community was NICE. Unlike today, all it is in 2v2 is "u fail u stpd noob" It's been getting somewhat better. All that needs to be done is
A: harder disciplinary actions and
B: Buff all classes except TLM. Mage is not supposed to be as strong as the new three because they are evolved.and Finally,
C: Timely releases. the war was not that bad time wise, i understand the amount of coding it would have taken.
This is just my opinion of what should be done.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
12/17/2011 22:38:32   
Rush

Snake as in Snake King?

^Above non varium never had an power. At least the masses, I knew 3 good non varium people. Rez, syfy and JariTheMighty.
In 2v2 however that's a different case

Post #: 36
12/17/2011 23:47:45   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

I understand that there is a larger variety of players, and with a larger fan base comes more negativity. We have been having topics like this literally since we went public. We have more players who return than ever in the game's history and we are able to add more features like a unique war system, and increased story progression. Hardly a rotting corpse. Yes, we can't be on like we used to, which is more indicative of an increased workload than anything else (as a Dev myself now, I do take personal offense when I'm accused of not working because I'm not playing the game every day or constantly tweeting updates. I can't be playing the game if I'm making it). And if the game was dying would we have added Charfade and Hudelf to the staff? Would we have added me?

Gold, I don't have anyone in my faction but me.

< Message edited by Cinderella -- 12/17/2011 23:50:36 >
Post #: 37
12/18/2011 0:19:26   
goldslayer1

quote:

Gold, I don't have anyone in my faction but me.

yes cinderella but ur not a competitive faction holding 2 flags at once.
and stray cats had one too. (in fact alley cat had way more tokens donated than she had wins.)
(stray cats now merged with SavageKillers, and should probably expect a flag soon)

mods that are in factions competitively isn't fair in many ways. and i hate to talk about this because it gives me negativity from mods.
but they have token boost, brainwash (almost every day for the ones who get on boards like alley and wiseman), exp boost for a when theres a lvl cap increase. and war kills. aside from that they can also buy the best gear and class change whenever they want.
i seen wiseman have a new class every day for like 2 weeks straight. and i cant help to wonder if the varium is being abused.
AQW Epic  Post #: 38
12/18/2011 0:31:01   
Goony
Constructive!

Gold, I went over this ages ago and they have a code of conduct that expressly states that they are not to use the free varium they get in appreciation of the work they do as moderator to effect the outcomes of the daily war.

If this is not the case then they have broken the code of conduct and should be held accountable, you will need evidence to support your claims!
Epic  Post #: 39
12/18/2011 0:35:43   
goldslayer1

@goony
i have a couple screenshots of wiseman

also brainwash and token boost does affect the daily war.

if ur in a faction 1/4 of all wins ur faction does that day counts as a war kill (altho its not shown on war kill boards) and u get influence aswell as high %
token boost can be used to get flags, which can give u a total of 4800 influence per flag.

any mod that does 400 wins daily and decided to token boost can get a total of 1200 tokens each day and that is enough to be capable of holding an entire flag on ur own.
AQW Epic  Post #: 40
12/18/2011 0:39:04   
Lord Nub

Also how might it be possible to prove such a scenario?? We don't have the capabilities of verifying their actual purchases to compare.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 41
12/18/2011 0:42:40   
goldslayer1

quote:

Also how might it be possible to prove such a scenario?? We don't have the capabilities of verifying their actual purchases to compare.

we dont, all we know is if they do such a thing or not.
i remember being in kotr when wiseman had 74k total in kotr.
and he had about 35k tokens donated. now his token count matches his wins whch is like 95k.
meaning he is token boosted a large amount. and this was after kotr was hacked and wiseman had already donated a lot. so i dont think he would have more than 10k saved at the time.

and on another thing, for alley cat its obvious she brainwashes and NPCs alot because of her build.
its 78 dex, and a high dex tlm would destroy her str BH which seems to be getting 97%-98% daily (sometimes more)
plus the fact that i never see her in battles, but always near an NPC.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 12/18/2011 0:46:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
12/18/2011 1:00:32   
Shadronica

Far too many aspects of this game needs to be cleaned up. Yet despite the repeated requests to fix these "in your face" problems nothing at all has been done to alleviate them.

There is simple solutions to most of these problems.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 43
12/18/2011 1:03:06   
goldslayer1

quote:

and stray cats had one too. (in fact alley cat had way more tokens donated than she had wins.)
(stray cats now merged with SavageKillers, and should probably expect a flag soon)

im sorry i just heard stray cats has now separated from savagekillers after 3 days of merge. my mistake.
AQW Epic  Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: A Sad Truth - An Ode To Better Days
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition