Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 1 of 1712345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2012 14:32:24   
Fay Beeee

quote:

January 04, 2012
Frysteland Final Phase

An Epic New Year!

Welcome back, EpicDuelists. I hope you all had a great holiday and had a great time ringing in the New Year of 2012! The staff is back in the office, and are all grateful for the time spent with friends and family during this holiday season. Now that we’re refreshed, we’re ready to begin the Final Phase of the Frysteland War!

Frysteland Final Phase

EpicDuel’s first war is approaching the final stretch, and your allies will need everyone pulling together to assure victory! I know you guys have all been working diligently- as of the writing of these design notes, over 15,000 unique characters have competed in the Frysteland War! There have been real-life wars with fewer participants! You guys have all done a magnificent job, so regardless of which side prevails, you all deserve to be commended for your efforts!

However, the war is not quite over. To bring that final push, we’ll be releasing the long-promised missions, along with the War Bosses, Commander Edgar Boothe fighting for the Legion, and King Alaric fighting for the Krampus! Could this final phase turn the tide? Only one way to find out!

------

King Alaric the Technologically Inept is a fair and just warrior-king. Known as the Child-King, Alaric rose to power during the Uprising at the age of 15, following his father Callan the Decent’s death during the Haze of Iwona. Under the tutelage of his great-aunt Aldhagrimm the Erudite, he’s grown to follow in the footsteps of his grandmother, the great King Andra the Merciful, who was murdered by Baelius.

------

We’re coming down to the wire here, people! If you’re Exile, don’t let those yetis down! If you are Legion, do not disappoint your leader!

There, I fixed it!

We’ve received a few complaints about blue stars not showing up on character pages, and we’ll be fixing that as soon as possible! We’ll also be fixing the issues of duplicate achievements, and war achievements not updating correctly.

Balance Update!

The following is a brief rundown of the balance changes that will be implemented in the next release. We're still in the process of testing them, so this list is subject to change!

• TLM - Replace Maul with Stun Grenade
    Keeps stun skill; removes easy, low cost damage skill
  • TLM - Replace Hybrid Armor with Mineral Armor (New skill - passively gives physical defense)
    Reduces inherent tankiness of TLM
  • TLM - Replace Technician with Blood Shield
    Reduces ability to be more tanky + increase damage output + heal
  • CH - Replace Technician with Plasma Armor (passively gives energy resistance)
    Gives them a reliable passive with better defensive options
  • Bunker Buster/Plasma Canno
    Weaker at lower levels, stronger scaling for high levels
  • BM - Replace Technician with Energy Shield
    Gives BM higher energy resistance
  • Artillery Strike - Remove stat requirement
    Bring it in line with other multis
  • Improve Fireball & Plasma bolt
    Slightly weaker early levels, scales much better mid-high levels
  • Slightly reduce passive Armor skills’ defense/resistance
    Evens out scaling per skill level, make it slightly less powerful

A Winner is You!

Congratulations to all of you who entered the First Ever EpicDuel Holiday House Decorating Contest! The following characters’ houses have been judged by the staff and testing team (the judges are: Charfade, Practel, Ashari, Illuminator, Lycus, and ME!) Using a super-secret method that we are not allowed to discuss under penalty of noogie, the following in-game characters have been selected for the sweet prize of an achievement and home item!

In no particular order:

Elf Priest Jzaanu for “EpicRestaurante A la Duel”

Smackie El Frog for “Smackie goes BOOM!”

Buffy A. Summers for “Home For the Holidays”

Invicticus for “Santa’s Humble Abode”

Sparticus for “My ED FAMILY and HANDS ACROSS ED PROJECT”

VIX for “VIX’s BOMB for Christmas!”

ManThong for “Happy Holidays Legionnaires!!”

G00NY for “In Excess”

Sergei Petrovich for “Seasons Greetings”

Mokta 3 for “The Hope and Joys of Christmas”

Dr Jekyll for “Only One Shovel!”

BadWitch for “Is the season to be jolly :)”

Santa ClawZz for “A house full of wishes!”

AVA for “Happy Holidays”

Appleeno for “Christmas Morning”

African Warrior for “All Welcomed”

Basicball for “Basically Basicballs Barrens Base”

Battle Elf for “December 24th!”

Captain Notorious for “Santa Claus Apartment”

Azht3b.Bethza for “StreetWorrion Street for Eve”

Prizes will be visible on the next Server restart! If you see your name up here but did not receive your prizes, please let us know!

Tags: Cinderella Frysteland balance Bugs New Year contest Legion exile War

tagged with formatting magics! ~Illuminator

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ashari

New numbers
A quick rundown of how this works. The base is the base damage of the skill at level 1 (with a level 20 character). The level factor is how many levels it takes to improve the skill by 1 damage. Below level 20, you subtract the level factor, instead of adding it. The stat factor is the amount of stat points it takes to improve the skill by 1 damage (ie: a stat factor of 3 on Plasma Bolt, means Plasma Bolt receives one extra damage point for every 3 Technology). The step is the improvement from investing 1 skill point in the skill.

Here's a simplified plug-and-chug formula (it doesn't account for diminishing returns or base/random damage on Bunker and Plasma, but this should give you a good estimate):

Final Damage = Base + (Step * Skill Level) + (20 - Character Level) / Level Factor + (Stat / Stat Factor)
				-- Factors --
			Base	Lvl 	Stat	Step

Plasma Bolt		23	3	3	2
Plasma Bolt (old)	17	3.5	4	3

Fireball	 	 	23	3	3	2
Fireball (old)		17	3.5	4	3

Bunker Buster		25	4	4	2
Bunker Buster (old)	19	5	5	3

Plasma Cannon		25	4	4	2
Plasma Cannon (old)	19	5	5	3

< Message edited by Ashari -- 1/9/2012 23:52:27 >

Epic  Post #: 1
1/4/2012 14:35:50   
Basicball

won n.n

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/4/2012 14:36:04   
Santa ClawZz

iWin.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/4/2012 14:39:50   
Buffy A. Summers

Joyous Sweet Home Pimpage Victory!

Woot!
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/4/2012 14:40:24   
Calogero

quote:

BM - Replace Technician with Energy Shield
Gives BM higher energy resistance

Well Done Testers, every Time I think you can't kill BloodMage more, you somehow manage to do it.
No Decent Debuff, No energy regain, Dex builds will be ruined due to not having Technician anymore.

No more Technician + Plasma Cannon/Bolt anymore...
Interesting manner of work, Making TLM able to Tank more while you push BloodMages to STR.

Kudos Ashari and the rest of the testers.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/4/2012 14:42:00   
Santa ClawZz

I'm so happy I could explode so many Super War Bombs today! Oh wait.... I WILL do that.
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/4/2012 14:43:19   
Ranloth
Banned

@andy123
What the hell are you on about with TLMs again? Tank more with no more Technican but standard Blood Shield (BMs will have stronger version of it to compensate for Technican), Maul will be gone and replaced with Grenade and their Armor is just for Physical attacks while Mercs still retain original one + Blood Shield. Where the hell are you seeing more tankiness in that?
Also about BMs, they get better scaling at higher Lvls - you haven't even seen it yet you can judge it already?
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
1/4/2012 14:44:07   
Wootz

Blood Mages.
Read the class name.
Now read it again.
And think about this:
quote:

push BloodMages to STR.

Now read the name again.
What does Blood say?
It should be Strenght oriented.
It is natural in that lore.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/4/2012 14:44:21   
Basicball

/happy :p
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/4/2012 14:45:18   
Jar of Hearts

(: Congratulations everyone ^__^ Cant wait 4 winter missions :3
Post #: 10
1/4/2012 14:49:43   
Calogero

Pushed from 4 builds to 2...

BloodMages now has:
Dex build
5 Focus
Str:
Tech build
After the Update:
5 Focus
Str

That's a Downgrade, not a Boost

< Message edited by andy123 -- 1/4/2012 14:50:30 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/4/2012 14:51:23   
Wootz

What happened to Tech build?
Also!
Just by the lenght it took you to post an reply means that you have no idea to cover your arguments.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/4/2012 14:52:14   
PD

I'm curious as to how Plasma armor and Mineral Armor will work. The description is kinda vague tbh.

I think that Multi-Shot should've received a buff with reduced growth interval (from +1 damage/5 stats to +1 damage/4 stats). As for Artillary Strike... might prove to be a bad idea considering that it's still grossly abused in 2v2.

< Message edited by PD -- 1/4/2012 14:56:22 >
Post #: 13
1/4/2012 14:52:20   
Sparticus

@-@ What did I win? I thought this was just for fun?

Congrats everyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/4/2012 14:55:27   
Calogero

@ Wootz

Plasma Cannon on itself isn't Great, that's why we had Technician.
Now That's taken away so even IF they scale Plasma Cannon in a better way
It will still be worst than with Technician.

Not even gonna talk about plasma rain

< Message edited by andy123 -- 1/4/2012 14:57:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/4/2012 14:55:37   
Ranloth
Banned

@andy123
Support Tank would still work out, as you get Energy Shield and Reflex. As well as great Aux damage + DA to improve Gun.
It's do-able with not too high Str really, even in 50s after adding the stat bonuses from items.
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
1/4/2012 14:56:42   
sylar67

well i think after that update i might be back :)
Post #: 17
1/4/2012 14:56:50   
Wootz

It'll still work. And what Trans said! :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/4/2012 14:56:59   
Basicball

@spart a very rare cheevo and house item (since only have 20 of us have them :D)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/4/2012 15:00:00   
PD

They're still forgetting about Multishot. :|

Give it a buff. Seriously.

EDIT: Nevermind. Seems it got the same buff a long time ago.

< Message edited by PD -- 1/4/2012 15:02:49 >
Post #: 20
1/4/2012 14:59:55   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Glad TLMs don't lose the passive defence skill, i heard rumours a while back it was being removed.. At least we get something to compensate for it but i guess the def/res will be about +10 or something? Hopefully higher.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/4/2012 15:27:20   
frogbones
Banned

Still concerned about CH stun grenade. Without Technician, there is no way to boost its inherently low damage. Sure you have a 30% chance to stun, but only for 6 damage .... not worth it for most CHs unless they're in a desperate situation.

ALSO, is there any chance Stun Grenade could improve with Dex instead of Tech? That would give CHs two attacks that improve with dex instead of just one, which would make Dex builds able to compete in 1v1 and not just 2v2 ....

< Message edited by frogbones -- 1/4/2012 15:31:41 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/4/2012 15:38:36   
steven11113

What armor is recommended if they add this? it is Frost Reaper E M or Frost reaper P M?
quote:

•CH - Replace Technician with Plasma Armor (passively gives energy resistance)

If they give energy resistance and armor resistance than energy is over powerful and too weak for def. If i buy physical armor is might help and is like opposide to mineral armor

3 Passive skills is just too much and i think thry should remove shadow art and the plasma grenade will need a buff. Shadow art should replace with reflex boost

< Message edited by steven11113 -- 1/4/2012 15:44:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/4/2012 15:40:10   
Zeoth

@above
If ur referring to CH dex builds and I believe you are, I have a dex build and I compete very well in 1v1
On-topic:Great looking update I think I'm gonna start playing again :D
Post #: 24
1/4/2012 15:46:52   
Smackie El Frog

Congrats to the winners! Woohoo new cheevo coming friday for us! Not too happy about these TLM nerfs...but lookin forward to the new war boss and missions still!

And a HUGE congrats to Mokta 3 for becoming the 2nd ever War General! Thats 2 War Generals for my faction so far hehe

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 1 of 1712345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition