Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/4/2012 19:25:16   
Jekyll

^Problem with Bloodshield (from a non-TLM point of view), is that it also requires one turn to activate. Losing one turn doesn't seem too pretty.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 76
1/4/2012 19:27:45   
Wootz

BlueKatz, it leaves Support Abuse open.

quote:

For various reasons, the release makes me suspect that Cyber hunters are about to become the next flavor of the month. hmm. Now wouldn't that be a huge shocker?

I said it since Delta was released, Cyber Hunters will get a chance of being OP'd. Actually they would if there weren't that much synergy between TLM's skills.
AQW Epic  Post #: 77
1/4/2012 19:27:55   
BlueKatz

I think with a Tank class losing 1 Turn is not too big (a lot more reasonable than Merc since TLM have Frenzy)
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 78
1/4/2012 19:32:52   
rej

Question: Did anyone else notice the lack of mention of the drop able armors that everyone has been anticipating so strongly?

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 79
1/4/2012 19:46:35   
Basicball

^nope, didn't notice it, prolly because the DN said both mission and gratz basicball, you won =D

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
1/4/2012 20:07:51   
Retrosaur

The Cyber Union shall PREVAIL!!

Yes, I have a cyber, OmegaXVII

Also, tac mercs nowadays rarely ever switch between hybrid, so I don't think it'll be that big of a deal.

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 1/4/2012 20:08:40 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 81
1/4/2012 20:09:07   
Goony
Constructive!

Congratulations to all the home decorating winners, maybe we'll get more entries next time :)

How much are the passive armors going to be nerfed? And will the requirements be nerfed accordingly?

Since mercs only have one passive (and idk why that is now getting nerfed since most would agree they are one of the weaker classes now) is there any way to provide hybrid with both defence and resistance without the need to waste a turn to change. I don't know how the balance changes will pan out, so I will reserve my comments until I have played with them in effect ;)

< Message edited by Goony -- 1/4/2012 20:43:42 >

In Epic Duel,
success is not final,
failure is not fatal
and it is the courage to continue that counts!
Epic  Post #: 82
1/4/2012 20:54:50   
Nub Apocalypse

I like the names "Mineral Armour" and "Plasma Armour" lol, who named them?

EDIT:
quote:

Lastly I'll talk about adding Defense Matrix to Blood Mage, it wasn't really a Buff or a Nerf, we just decided that two stat increasing skills on one class had the potential to be overpowered if used correctly. Also those skills where never meant to be together, we planned on switching Technician out for Energy Shield a long time ago (about the same time that we gave Blood Mages Reflex Boost) but sadly we couldn't fit it in at that time, and the change was delayed up till this point due to more pressing balance issues and events.

^^^ From Wiseman.

Wait, the design notes didn't say Blood Mage is getting Defence Matrix, did you misread it or are you hinting something? Oh and while i'm at it, thank you Wiseman for making all those complainers shaddap!

< Message edited by Nub Apocalypse -- 1/4/2012 21:05:26 >
Post #: 83
1/4/2012 21:39:17   
ur going to fail

Just a note, if those balance updates don't work... You'll have a big work load, TLM looks dead with this update, but I think a 140hp dex build might still get (TLM version of the high hp caster mage builds) about 95%. But I think mineral armor will be like hybrid but break down over time, so longer battles might fail
Epic  Post #: 84
1/4/2012 21:40:16   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

Big congrats to the House Contest winners! There were a ton of great entries... it was really tough judging this one. Hope we can have more contests like this in the future!

Onto balance: The extent of the Hybrid Armor nerf is very small. Skill levels 2-10 will now provide one less defense or resistance than they did before. There's going to be no change to its requirements. Mineral and Plasma Armor work the same way as Hybrid Armor, except without the ability to switch between defense and resistance.

For Tactical Mercs, Blood Shield should provide similar resistance to Technician, however it will do that without benefiting Smoke Screen and robot damage. One problem with the Tactical Merc class was that there was simply too much synergy between skills. We want some skills to work well with each other, but when every skill works well with each other, it creates a problem.

@Nub Apocalypse: Blood Mages are having their Technician switched out for Energy Shield, not Defense Matrix. That looks like a typo!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
1/4/2012 21:50:39   
upgradefire

i coukd care les about losing technician cause i never used it as a tlm
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 86
1/4/2012 21:52:23   
Goony
Constructive!

I am going to post this here, it was a response to a PM regarding the nerf to hybrid armor!

quote:

It is a real struggle to play as a mercenary right now. Any nerf is just going to compound the problem, even 1 less will make it harder and I am a little disappointed that the balance team has not recognised the issue.

With only one passive, a debuff that really only works against NPCs', no energy or health regain skills, a buff that is ineffective as rage is the only way to even have a chance and the only way to address smoke is to use assault bot. It's just not fair mate!
Epic  Post #: 87
1/4/2012 21:54:13   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@goony For a few weeks or so Mercs had 12 defense on their passive skill and no one raised any balance concerns about it. At worst, you'll take 6 more damage than you normally would without that one extra point.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 88
1/4/2012 21:55:21   
Wraith

*scratches head*

I thought the original Mercenary's Hybrid Armor stayed, while Mineral/Plasma Armor was new...?

And in either case the Mineral/Plasma Armor has a different scaling from Hybrid, I think. There was NO NOTE of a Hybrid Armor nerf. :3

Never mind, didn't read Shari's post well enough >_>

< Message edited by Wraith -- 1/4/2012 22:02:05 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 89
1/4/2012 21:57:46   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Wraith
quote:

Onto balance: The extent of the Hybrid Armor nerf is very small. Skill levels 2-10 will now provide one less defense or resistance than they did before. There's going to be no change to its requirements. Mineral and Plasma Armor work the same way as Hybrid Armor, except without the ability to switch between defense and resistance.

Shari just stated right above.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
1/4/2012 22:01:04   
Goony
Constructive!

@ND, yeah so why did it get put back then? Because it was wrong maybe...

They have nerfed mercenaries into oblivion and beyond. If you don't believe me play for a bit, all you'll beat is a few noobs if you are lucky!
Epic  Post #: 91
1/4/2012 22:04:02   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@Goony It was changed after they adjusted the level scaling again. One point of defense won't matter unless every fight you win is you with 1 hp left. They did nothing to mercs besides putting requirements on several skills. Field Medic affected every class. Artillery Strike was nerfed to keep it on par with the other Multies and now it's getting buffed again for that same reason.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
1/4/2012 22:06:37   
Goony
Constructive!

^ So they didn't nerf bezerker and double strike by decreasing the damage %... meh, if I win it is normally close so yeah 6 health makes a difference!

I'll also add, the removal of the stun damage ignore, the reduction in critical and rage damage ignore, although generic these have impacted on mercenaries as we can't reduce defence or resistance...

I'll make a list of nerfs to mercenaries going right back to beta if you like!

< Message edited by Goony -- 1/4/2012 22:27:05 >
Epic  Post #: 93
1/4/2012 22:24:56   
rej

The imbalance team often works in strange, seemingly chaotic ways.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 94
1/4/2012 22:25:19   
endtime

With a reliable passive, while keeping Static Charge and Shadow Arts, CH could potentially become OP when the level cap rises several levels and allows CH to max out these passives. Strength TLMs may have been weakened, but 5 focus TLMs remain strong. Everything else is practically the same. BM is essentially the same, possibly weaker since some may argue technician is more valuable than energy shield due to the 4-turn and stat recovering nature of the move. TMs may be a bit stronger on TLMs since they can't "switch hybrid", but the surge in CHs that is sure to come will definitely counteract this advantage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 95
1/4/2012 22:30:21   
Wraith

Gawd...Has anyone thought of CH with P Armor?

Dex Abuse. P Armor. Ignore Tech because of Plasma Armor.

There ya go, a perfect STR build.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 96
1/4/2012 22:34:45   
rej

^Many players have considered the implications, why do you think there is already discussion and complaining about CH becoming so obviously OPed?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 97
1/4/2012 22:43:43   
Wiseman

@Nub Apocalypse: Sorry bout that I meant Energy Shield, mistype on my part gonna edit my post now.

Thanks for pointing that out. :)

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 1/4/2012 22:45:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
1/4/2012 22:45:10   
ngshuyi94

If this update is gonna go live, CH will probably be the OPed class, most probably.

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 99
1/4/2012 22:48:45   
Wraith

@rej: Well, I never saw anyone mention it!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 4 of 17«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition