Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2012 9:13:48   
TurkishIncubus

I will change to CH :D, high dex + physical armor + plasma armor+static+ 3lvl field medic to use with 2nd static+medium str with 5 lvl massacre :P and also 5 lvl shadow :P which will improve my blocking a little.

or maybe i can stay as TM cause it do NPC too fast :O

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 1/5/2012 9:14:41 >

Epic  Post #: 151
1/5/2012 9:24:47   
skeletondude

Firstly i would like to Congratulate the house contest winners

Now were are the non-var bots/drop armors that they said were going to be released.This already the final phase of frysteland war and no word of those items,yea pretty much disappointed about that . But the balance update seems to be promising,but still i won't keep my hopes up since many balance updates many just disappoints us in the end.
AQW Epic  Post #: 152
1/5/2012 9:42:07   
BlueKatz

quote:

As for Mercenaries, it's true that this set of balance changes isn't aimed at them (although Bunker Buster will definitely be much more useful at max level now), but we are also planning a brand new passive that increases rage gains for them -- it's not going to be ready for this release though. It will definitely help cover the shortfalls of this class.

I personally against this idea because it might mess up how rage work and either turn that skill too OP or too useless.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 153
1/5/2012 9:46:13   
drinde

I gotta agree with you there, BlueKatz. Maybe a Variation of Shadow Art that reduces Deflection Rate?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 154
1/5/2012 10:25:34   
od

@drinde or maybe deadly aim on auxillary

I don't think that high str CH's will be the big problem, I'm more worried about mega tank CH's
Epic  Post #: 155
1/5/2012 10:30:18   
Gepard Acht

@odie

that would be too strong
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 156
1/5/2012 10:58:08   
Hallodeath

quote:

maybe deadly aim on auxiliary

That's way too OP'ed. Why? Since CH are gonna make a support build with aux aim and it's gonna be dominating.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 157
1/5/2012 11:29:35   
Ranloth
Banned

Quite nice to see that Wiseman addressed all the issues about skills from certain classes as more people begin to like the changes, but the certain people who want their class to stay OP (not mentioning names) and will change to next strong class asap. ;)
I wouldn't mind Intimidate being changed, I made Support/Tank BM build yesterday and with Physical Armor - the skill would go very well to be honest. :D

Also is there any way of knowing what things will be released on Friday? We still need that non Varium Bot which was promised, know if sketched weapons will be released or not + droppable Armors which were lost just before Christmas but Varium got re-done.
AQ Epic  Post #: 158
1/5/2012 11:40:37   
Shadow Rouger

The problems with the CH update:
~At Max the skill will so +10 minimum (Energy Hybrid Armour Rip-off?)
~Dex builds will be better
~My defences are
31-38 +1 Defence (Agility)
21-26 +9 -1 + 1 Resistance (Armour/emburance)

That gives me more stats to think about, Basically allowing me too put into dex and becoming an ultimate tank. (This is also a great merc thing to do as resistance is faster flowing, points wise than Defence)

But anyways, there must be a less OP way for CH, because win-freaks will join and ruin the class.
Epic  Post #: 159
1/5/2012 11:56:26   
Zeoth

Ikr Ive been a CH for a month now to try it out i dont wanna be called a class jumper ;/ i rarely jump and its a once and awhile thing for me to grab a 10k var pack
Post #: 160
1/5/2012 12:20:28   
Ranloth
Banned

Why are people afraid of being called a class jumper? I changed to TLM when it came out as it was strong, turned back last week TM unaware of changes happening (knew they will, not in detail) and sorry but I like TM more and never got called a class jumper.
Besides CH will not be able to be OP as Wiseman said maybe 2 pages ago - maxing Plasma Armor, near-maxed Static, and investing in Massacre + skills in-between (required to get to better skills) will leave you maybe with 4-6 skill points left to pick from available choices. Having 4-6% improvement (SC) might not be worth it, so investing in heal will be better probably and stun grenade perhaps for stun?
2nd, Plasma have requirement which will be probably same as Hybrid, which is 42 Tech (Energy version, Physical version will have 42 Dex probably) which already takes some stat points if you don't want to have Tech build. Remember that you need some Energy, HP, and to meet other requirements as well so you can use the skills so managing a build will be a bit harder as you won't be able to abuse one stat just to win.

I'm glad BM is being changed, now I can get rest of the BattleOn Points and be ready to change my 4th (currently TM) into BM as I got perfect Support build for it and should work out very well. ^_^
AQ Epic  Post #: 161
1/5/2012 12:42:03   
Algorithm

Interesting . . .

< Message edited by Algorithm -- 1/5/2012 17:13:49 >
Post #: 162
1/5/2012 12:47:37   
Matrix77

when i saw the DNs with the new balance updates I was like great they're finally doing something about these chaotic balances, then when I read on and saw the implementation of the P and E armor for TLM and CH respectively, I was like */facepalm* I can understand that TLMs gets P passive as they are pretty much evolved versions of Mercs, taking out Hybrid makes them quite less OP, now CH on the other hand, which is supposedly an evolved class of BH, gets a E armor?? REALLY? O.O They got Malf + Static Charge though not very reliable but if it connects, it's going to hurt + E armor to protect them from tech mages and other energy users, like seriously?

"TLM - Replace Maul with Stun Grenade
Keeps stun skill; removes easy, low cost damage skill"

sounds good to me, loosing maul but still has the chance to stun is pretty okay since this will prevent str tlms and their 2 hit combos (maul+double strike)

"TLM - Replace Hybrid Armor with Mineral Armor (New skill - passively gives physical defense)
Reduces inherent tankiness of TLM"

sounds reasonable since they are evolved versions of mercs with an hybrid, so giving them mineral armor is reasonable imo, though I don't see how that will reduces the inherent tankiness of TLMs, maybe someone can enlighten me on this? :D

"TLM - Replace Technician with Blood Shield
Reduces ability to be more tanky + increase damage output + heal"

I don't see how this move actually benefits all the other classes and balances TLMs since BS lasts for 5 turns and a +15(correct me if im wrong) at max for BS is over 50+ Tech stat points, so what difference does this make with tech? As a matter of fact, this only helps to reduce the TLM's 5 focus builds and improvements of certain skills but I really do not see how this prevents them from being more tanky, unless someone cares to enlighten me on this as well?

"CH - Replace Technician with Plasma Armor (passively gives energy resistance)
Gives them a reliable passive with better defensive options"

I agree with this move but also disagree with it. Agree because CH do deserves to have a more reliable passive, but i completely disagree with the fact that why should they be given an Plasma armor that boost their resistance passively?? CH imo, is becoming more of an evolved version of Techmage than is of BH. With this armor it just makes the CH class just as Tanky as the TLM class if that's the case, then why not make BM tanky as well since apparently the CH and TLM class is given the capability to tank?

"Bunker Buster/Plasma Canno
Weaker at lower levels, stronger scaling for high levels"

ahh...ok, sounds alright, let see how it goes

"BM - Replace Technician with Energy Shield
Gives BM higher energy resistance"

This is a fail, why? simply because BMs HAVE NO WAY to improve their skills much further that requires tech, to make things worst this also pretty much destroys BM's 5 focus builds if anyone uses it, they will see the side effect once this balance update goes live. So how does this in any way helps BM? Maybe help them last a turn or two longer and hope they go lucky and win when facing against a str physical TLM?

"Artillery Strike - Remove stat requirement
Bring it in line with other multis"

very reasonable so oki

"Improve Fireball & Plasma bolt
Slightly weaker early levels, scales much better mid-high levels"

Improving fireball, for BM vs a Tank TLM, fireball is useless since BM has no smoke to debuff the def the Tank TLM has, as for improving Plasma bolt, when a BM or TM faces a CH with a Plasma Armor and is a Tank, Plasma bolt is useless. If skills can't be applied to all classes, even with improvements don't really make much difference. Though this improvement of the skills in itself is not a bad idea, just that even improving them won't really help much against certain class builds.

"Slightly reduce passive Armor skills’ defense/resistance
Evens out scaling per skill level, make it slightly less powerful"

I still don't see how a reduction in these armors will prevent either class from still being OP or above all other classes.

Also note worthy to mention, why is TLM getting nerf so much, and with CH being an okay class without a reliable passive, be given a PERFECTLY reliable passive that allows them to TANK as much as the TLMs has done and at the same time BMs seems more like they're being nerf than being boosted? Of the 3 new classes, WHY is BM weaker than the other two?

I am personally a TM, but these balances are in no way benefiting the TM nor the Merc class. BH are balance so no argument on them. With this new balance update, TM's energy attacking skills are pretty much useless on a well build CH. How in anyway are the remaining classes able to compete with these new classes? 50-70% win rate for these old classes where the new ones have 80-90%+ win rate? Maybe I'm just complaining too early perhaps. But every time there is a new balance update, the balance team seems to be having this norm of always making one class out of all the rest stands out more and be on top of all the other classes. Is this what you call balance? Maybe I should follow the majority and go switch to CH when this balance rolls live :D

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 163
1/5/2012 12:58:37   
Arcanis

I will have to wait for actual update to be able to judge for myself how did it go. But for now I have only small remark: I am not so
sure it is a good direction with passive,always active skills that raise stat(ie defense or resistance),similar to HA.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 164
1/5/2012 13:27:24   
Hun Kingq

Wiseman, it is good that some testing is done for 2vs2 but it is quite clear not enough especially in 2vs1 which in the game that is where the true test of skills lies not 1vs1.

Pass this on to Titan, I challenge him to come into the game as a Blood Mage and compete in 2vs2 and 2vs1 when he has time so he can experience what Blood Mages go through and get partnered up with a Level 24,25 26 player against two level 34s or be partnered up with a bad build Level 34.

Epic  Post #: 165
1/5/2012 16:12:01   
PivotalDisorder

Blood Mages. Read the class name. Now read it again. And think about this:
push BloodMages to STR.
Now read the name again. What does Blood say? It should be Strenght oriented. It is natural in that lore.

Blood mage implies strength? erm blood is used in many rituals of magic, lo and behold, BMs got Fireball.
They have some strength based skills, that is the proof their would be some decent strength builds, not the name.

On Topic
Looks like some awesome changes incoming :) and a lot of class hopping for certain players :P

CHs losing defence matrix? sorry :) forgot cybers getting energy version

< Message edited by psibertus -- 1/5/2012 16:28:18 >
Post #: 166
1/5/2012 17:04:17   
rej

quote:

- 123 - updarte gd nice udaste

What? The only jumble of letters in there that even RESEMBLES a word is "nice"

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 167
1/5/2012 17:26:39   
Angels Holocaust

You know the best part about this update fellow forum goers? Nothing is certain everything is subject to change, so my advice for everyone is that you should wait a week or two before class changing. Knowing the Devs of this game there going to change the skills around to try and get off another class change from the people of this game. I pity the players who are still playing this nightmare.
Post #: 168
1/5/2012 18:12:46   
Hun Kingq

About giving the Mercs a passive skill where they could rage in two rounds that would be unjustified and unfair to the other classes because they would be the only classes to rage their multi a lot sooner then any other class or be able to rage their other powerful skill the bunker buster that quick. This quick rage skill should not be implemented for one the other two old classes would not get a new skill, two it creates unfairness, and three we might have three Over Powered classes.
Epic  Post #: 169
1/5/2012 18:20:19   
edwardvulture

You know what this game really needs? A non-varium tester.

Ch is going to be the new OPed class unless their static charge get a major reduction by about half and that would make them still a lot better than mercenary.

Also, Blood Mage is underpowered in one aspect, It can't take energy or have skills as basic and sensible such as bludgeon and blood shield.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 170
1/5/2012 18:29:09   
Jekyll

^Why do you need a non varium tester? Testers get access to most weapons.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 171
1/5/2012 18:42:26   
DunkThatOreo

I have to say the way this game has progressed is NOTHING to how I thought it would back in september 2009. It's like they fell down a hole and are trying to claw their way out but can't seem to figure out how. They weren't ready to put in 3 new classes. I'm not sure where the fame idea came from because it's pretty stupid. This game was way better when it was simple back in beta. You just battled and made crazy builds and tried them out on friends, did 2v2 in doom with builds made from just being creative, have a fun time at oz when people actually went there, and not 8 yr old flaming kids who had nothing better to do. What seriously happened titan and nightwraith??? You created this mess and it's time to fix it.

< Message edited by DunkThatOreo -- 1/5/2012 18:43:01 >
Epic  Post #: 172
1/5/2012 20:00:10   
One Winged Angel1357

@Edward i got to ask why we need a non-varium tester because Ashari Practel Lycus ect could easily switch to full non varium gear and do some fighting.

Yes i know i may have just shot my own group in the foot but i feel most of us are jaded because of the Gap
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 173
1/5/2012 20:09:16   
Lenofor

You people are just plain stupid. Let's wait for this update and judge for ourselves after it's release so we can all try it out with, hopefully, creative builds. It's pitful to always see such pessimism on all balance updates
DF Epic  Post #: 174
1/5/2012 20:15:15   
Jekyll

Agreed. Its already mentioned that these changes themselves are subjected to last minute changes. Just wait and see what happens before going into rage/panic/oh-no-I'm-dead mode.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= DNS - January 04, 2012 Frysteland Final Phase An Epic New Year!
Page 7 of 17«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition