Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: (HS) THE DEATH GAMES!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) THE DEATH GAMES!
Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/31/2012 11:51:15   
megakyle777

Might be good Drakonniss. The more that see the Games the better of course.

Who knows, if all goes well I may do another one next year!
DF  Post #: 126
1/31/2012 12:08:58   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

And I might have a competitor in it too, then.

Oh, and cannonically, I will be in the crowd, personally... Both to make sure that things don't go too badly, and to keep tabs on things...

That, and I have a morbid sense of humor. XP (Destrous will be patroling the city, disliking that he doesn't get to watch, or compete, and that he gets all the work... Or so it would seem. *dramatic music plays in the background*)
DF  Post #: 127
1/31/2012 16:14:11   
delta blitz

BOOOOO....I came to watch Smashers beat eachother heads in *throws a bag of popcorn at a nearby vendor*, where is the action huh? Or do I have to come down there and *convince* a few people to get some real fighting done <O>.<O>
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 128
1/31/2012 16:21:36   
megakyle777

Delta, I am afraid this is not the objective of the Ommicorp Death Games. This is a set of events made by villains that will test all skills of smasher,s and be as deadly as possible. However, I recomend that you stay, if only to see what Clown has planned for his course. That's BOUND to have some good fights.

However, if enough interest is shown here, maybe I will hold some kind of Ultimate Fighting Tournament version with cool arenas, awesome weapons and no rules (aside from the obvious ones like audience protection) later in the year. You know, like the summer and winter olmypics.
DF  Post #: 129
1/31/2012 16:26:27   
Vector

an ultimate fighting tournament? i wonder what kind of fighting game you might be parodizing there...?
Post #: 130
1/31/2012 16:42:37   
Kinzdor

The Death Games,could be the annual winter event and in the summer there could be like, "Omnicorp Rumble!" Also Drak have you read the other chapters yet?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 131
1/31/2012 16:46:30   
Vector

makes me think of a fighting game i love to play... oh well, lets just get this omnicorp olympics deathgames started... please?
Post #: 132
1/31/2012 17:42:58   
delta blitz

Alright Ill stay *buys another bag of popcorn from the scared vendor* but only cause Clown is here and I've notice that Drakkoniss is watching me from across the stands
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 133
1/31/2012 17:43:00   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

No, I haven't read those yet. I plan to read at least some of them later today.

I won't be personally competing in such a brawl either, because I feel it might be unfair to some of the other competitors, but I think Destrous just might.

Jousting, anyone? Power armor supplied by OmniCorp-based combat? Fighting Spider Tanks, or possibly Hover-Tanks? Kenjutsu (swordsmanship) competition? Bare knuckle brawling? Mounted non-jousting combat, with mechanical horses to make it more difficult to get you knocked out of the fighting? Gun Duels? Fights with blade whips? (Drakkoniss could organize this competition, perhaps, btw; Still waiting to invest in OmniCorp. stock. -_-) Squad-based L.A.S.E.R. tag events? Aerial swordsmanship (that would draw crowds, especially if you can have bots follow the competitors, programmed to always catch them at dramatic angles). Ice skating, with BOXING?!?!

Perhaps most of those are battle royale or 1v1 one competitions (and no, I am not refering to the game modes), but we could diversify.

This makes me want to be Chairman of the Board. ._.
DF  Post #: 134
1/31/2012 19:51:38   
Kinzdor

Chairmen on the Omnicorp event bored is The Dealer co Chairmen is why me of course. Though you could sign on as Omnicorp Rumble event organizer. I have pm`ed the other compteiors asking them if they want to post a pre course chapter,or just want us to began and then post. So far only Zafra has read it no answer from anyone.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 135
1/31/2012 20:40:57   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

He's CEO AND Chairman of the Board?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! XD

Fudge muffins!

... Arg, my mind isn't in the frame it needs to be to read this atm. Sorry. Possibly tomorow morning.
DF  Post #: 136
1/31/2012 20:57:05   
Kinzdor

He is head of the committee of Deathgames officials! I don`t think Omnicorp has a actual Chairman!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 137
1/31/2012 21:15:48   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Good to know! XD

I assume it does, but it is not a player. I will, however keep that in mind in case of later use.

... @Strebor's Story: Hmm... suit makes him too conspicuous. If it weren't for the fact that such things were popular with Smashers, that would look very odd indeed... Even then, though, it draws attention that one might not want. Regardless of that, it doesn't matter too much.

I imagine him accidentally crunching down on that, after being hit, dying because he clenched his teeth in pain. Sloppy. Too risky... Understadable, but there could very well be better ways.

Hmm... Makes you wonder what he wishes to ask for, no?

Ah, such suspicious business, eh? Thought provoking; Fear-inducing, even.

Yes indeed: we shall see...

You know, I was the first one to suggest someone hold a gladiatorial arena competition such as this...

Calm and collected. Just as I would expect. He does all a grand job as an agent; Nearly everything one could ask of one.

Sounds exactly as conversations that I have read before, Darkness King's entry talking about him being contacted... Regardless, it is appropriate. Good choice, I think.

Ancient Darkness's entry I find particularly interesting... No, I don't think I will read all of them just now, but I am reading the ones I find interesting enough to do so immediately... No offence, Eclipse. I'm skipping over you, momentarilly.

*imagines SL9K sitting there getting bored, hanging above ND's course, shouting, "NOT FUNNY!!!"*

I could kill it with a spoon. :) (Combat training with the elves gives you experience enough for a lifetime of such situations, as they are philosophers about combat, due to their prolonged age, and impose limits in their excersizes to make things more difficult, and thus, you more diverse and adaptable; That is why I understand how to fight mental battles, even though my mind is impregnable in a very literal sense; I enjoyed swordsmanship training with them. I'm a bit rusty, but if I had to, I could dodge most all attacks thrown at me that don't hit instantly or in ways you can't dodge, without even accounting for resistances and defending myself with powers)

Well, I didn't get to the part I actually wanted to, but meh. Have to go.

< Message edited by Drakkoniss -- 1/31/2012 22:41:40 >
DF  Post #: 138
1/31/2012 21:36:51   
delta blitz

I have joined the story.....I wonder if anyone noticed yet x3. PAHAHAHA this looks like fun!!!
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 139
1/31/2012 22:31:17   
Goldstein

Can...can you just DO that?
Post #: 140
1/31/2012 22:42:16   
delta blitz

Oh but I can dear doctor...I'm sure Clown would agree
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 141
2/1/2012 1:18:08   
megakyle777

Delta, even Clown as a designer has to obey the rules here. You CAN enter, if you fill in the Sudden Entry form and obey the (Only a few like no audience harming) rules you find there.

Otherwise...you will be dealt with, and the first death of the games will not be on the list.

In all seriousness, feel free to have you interuppt if you wish, but be aware you WILL be dealt with in the next chapter by whoever writes it. Anyone can interuppt, if you are willing to let you persona be written by another after that chapter and probably finished off. Maybe not for good, but nonetheless. It will liven things up...

Also, you cannot kill the competitors, the course designers, or The Dealer.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 2/1/2012 1:31:34 >
DF  Post #: 142
2/1/2012 7:27:34   
Goldstein

I thought as much.
Post #: 143
2/1/2012 9:56:23   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

Seeing as I am in the audience, and I was there for just this sort of thing, would it not be appropriate to have me deal with him?

And actually, DB, that doesn't answer some of my questions, as you thought it might, as I already knew something of the sort was happening already, and with regards to questions... well, it only brings one back to the forefront of the mind that I already had.

Oh, and by the way, if it is me who should intercept David, should he choose to violently interupt, especially in the begining, or before the first course has begun, I find it to have a very high likelihood of improving the grandeur and impact of the games as a whole upon society. Such unexpected events like that go down in history as legendary; Things that shape the way people view things... Oh, and did I mention it would increase the popularity and puplic love for the games as a whole? Somewhat disturbing from the point of view that I have, knowing that this is effectively one big funraiser, which is having all of the proffits go to a corporation that is entirely evil in nature, but still a good idea. The crowd would erupt into cheers, the second we're gone (no, I have no intention of actually fighting in the stadium; ending it quickly and dramatically would have a bigger impact then a drawn out fight, anyway; I intend to shoot from the stands at high speeds, in a blazing energy aura, and teleport us to another location in a spectacular explosion, which is sure to have a possitive impact upon the crowd. (do you know how much knowledge I have in public reactions and estimating how useful features are, with my level of intelligence? I get ideas like this without even trying! [yes, I am trying to impress upon you how my skills would benefit OmniCorp {I also believe that branching out and dealing with heroes would help a bit, both financially, and PR-wise}; I have drawn up a legal doccument which could serve as my contract in the event of my hiring, some hundreds of pages long, detailing both of our rights as employee and employer, giving me significant freedoms {as I will obviously have my own things to deal with, aside from the company}, and detailing exactly what authority you would have over me; I wrote this in a way to make us more business partners than you being my boss, me acting in a possition as head of heroic-based affairs, you of the villain side, we competing against each other and increasing the profits of the company overall; You having not the ability to force me to do anything, but me acting more as a business advisor with regards to the intermingling of our various endeavors, considering the knowledge and experience I have; You may or may not choose to heed my advice on such matters, if so, and as I have said, or was implying, overall the possition we would have would be of equals, you only having authority over me in that you would be capable of terminating my employment])

But anyway... Now that I have read DB's bit, I should probably read what Experimental and K are doing/thinking, along with K's original bit, and Segreto's part thereafter.

I think I will do that by means of editing. ;)
DF  Post #: 144
2/1/2012 10:19:17   
megakyle777

I kinda want him to interuppt to be honest. Like I said it would liven things up and have a good impact. But yeah, you can deal with him if he does.

< Message edited by megakyle777 -- 2/1/2012 10:25:46 >
DF  Post #: 145
2/1/2012 11:10:05   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I thought I was the one saying it would liven things up, and you just said it was ok, but he could get his character get killed off/defeated by another/a collaboration of other characters. That's what I read on your post, anyway.
DF  Post #: 146
2/1/2012 12:43:29   
megakyle777

quote:

In all seriousness, feel free to have you interuppt if you wish, but be aware you WILL be dealt with in the next chapter by whoever writes it. Anyone can interuppt, if you are willing to let you persona be written by another after that chapter and probably finished off. Maybe not for good, but nonetheless. It will liven things up...

To quote myself. But you went into greater detail as to why so it's cool.
DF  Post #: 147
2/1/2012 12:53:33   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I will call this one a draw, then. ;)
DF  Post #: 148
2/1/2012 16:15:03   
Kinzdor

Nice intro Davey, short but sweet. Any spectator intro from you Drakkoniss,or will you just sit quietly,until Davey interrupts?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 149
2/1/2012 17:32:31   
Drakkoniss
Creative!
Constructive!

I was thinking about having an introductory chapter for myself, yes. It would help those that do not know about any of our stories to know what I am doing in there, instead of my just appearing out of nowhere, apparently.

I could write how I got there in the very chapter that I intercept David, as well, though, having it being relayed via something similar to flashbacks, but not actually the same... More a descriptive than narative technique, really. I'd say why I was there, and what I was doing, while talking about me doing it.

I'll probably decide shortly. The question that is more on my mind is whether or not I should write of my relaying the information to Experimental, or whether he should, and at which point in time he would prefer it be brought to light.

Personally, I'm leaning towards an intro chapter, though.
DF  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: (HS) THE DEATH GAMES!
Page 6 of 10«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition