Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Creating a Fair environment for Competition

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Creating a Fair environment for Competition
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2012 23:42:49   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mir If someone is already looking for a 1vs1 battle when those other 2 hit 1vs1 at the same time then one of the dummiers will be put into a battle with a real person. It's a good chance that someone will end up fighting a dummy, report it, and get them investigated.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 51
1/16/2012 23:47:54   
Lord Nub

^
quote:

we can track the battle records of that dummy to see who has been fighting it regularly.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
1/16/2012 23:53:13   
xxmirxx

Only dummying put level 1 gear if your smart you would use same built you have now. Lord that wasn't staff who said that was a player thats it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 53
1/16/2012 23:58:25   
Wiseman

All dummying in random battles would do is give other players free wins and get you reported, it's not a good idea to try it. And I did say that dummy records can be investigated and we can find out who has been fighting those dummies the most, through those records.

Edit: I also understand what your mean by saying faction members in headquarters battling each other. Even if two level 34 faction members hit the 1v1 button at the same time, it's unlikely that they would fight each other every time, also most players don't want to ruin there records by doing that kinda thing. Lastly even that would be slower than the current dummying that players do, and it's not like players can't already try that anyway.

The fact is that making the challenges not count toward wins is a good step in preventing dummying as a whole, and players that would go through that kind of trouble to get free wins will probably find it to be more trouble than it's worth. Besides doing that kind of thing would mean the faction would get less total wins, and would have a horrible win percent to boot.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 1/17/2012 0:10:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
1/17/2012 0:14:32   
Remorse

@ wiseman.

You cant honestly refer people to NPCs.

Some people take no enjoyment of versing them, and I personally think the defeat the purpose of PVP.

Where is the fun? where is the challenge?

I only play this game for the fun and challenge,
I think challenges would become an awsome way for making money if you low.

Maybe take away the tockens.
Credits would surley be fine.
Epic  Post #: 55
1/17/2012 0:21:04   
Wiseman

Well I did say for "easy" credits/exp, it wasn't really a referral, some players do prefer PvP battles, but they can just do randoms in that case.

Anyway I don't see a problem with credits myself, however limitations in the code may prevent that from being possible. It's likely that all of the rewards are connected, so giving one means that they are all given.

However this isn't really my area of expertise, this is more of a coding issue, not a balance issue. :P

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 1/17/2012 0:22:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
1/17/2012 0:26:31   
Nub Apocalypse

I don't think 1vs1 random battle dummying is even possible, I might be wrong, but I always get the feeling that there is an IP address filter, i'm not sure if this applies to 1vs1 battles, but i'm quite certain this happens in 2vs2, I have a few friends who play EpicDuel and we click 2vs2 together, trying to get in the same 2vs2 battle, but it happens that two of my friends, who happen to be siblings, can never make it to the same 2vs2 battle together. We would always end up with at maximum, 3 of us, while the last person is some random guy we never expected.
Post #: 57
1/17/2012 4:27:41   
VIX

@Wiseman : I'm really happy to hear this! finaly NO MORE dummie! it's coming to week ? or still deciding when ? .

@Mir : even if they clicked 1v1 in the same time , they won't get in the same battle always and if they did it will be after 20+ battles so fail.

and even if they was in the same faction and challenged each others ( Challenge = No wins will be counted in record ) so whatever u do in "challenge" you won't earn 1 win from it :P

I hope you got it :P

-VIX

Epic  Post #: 58
1/17/2012 4:30:39   
TurkishIncubus

@V.I.X

quote:

Hudelf has already built the feature and we hope to get it in as soon as this week.

he said this week *Clever Controller*

*.....* = sarcasm

< Message edited by TurkishIncubus -- 1/17/2012 4:31:54 >

Epic  Post #: 59
1/17/2012 7:46:02   
xxmirxx

Guys don't jump gun thinking going to do this week we haven't yet got it comfirm with dev's. Mark my words dummying won't stop you guys. there always going out think dev's and staff. People will find way and get away with it just like now how people are h a c k i n g ED and all thanks to letting low levels having access to high up weapons.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 1/17/2012 7:54:25 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 60
1/17/2012 8:29:27   
Fay Beeee

So how will players reach next rank? NPC only? Surely this will take forever?

I always did a combination of both. When I did not have a lot of time on I did npc for sure wins BUT as soon as I could (time permitting) I did 1v1.
Now, saying that I do love the 2v1 and the rewards are greater, even though they take longer.
I still have a feeling it will be extremely hard for players to level up.

UNLESS of course, they still get the experience and credits from the 1v1 fights? Is that it?
If that is so they could still dummy for the ranks but it would have a limited advantage, as once you are at the highest rank it would be useless to dummy.

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 1/17/2012 8:32:36 >

Epic  Post #: 61
1/17/2012 8:38:57   
Sparticus

quote:

they still get the experience and credits from the 1v1 fights?

You got it Fay, just hit the 1v1, 2v2 or Jug buttons and you can fight for tokens, credits and record. NPCs will also count towards this.

The only thing that will no longer count is hitting the "Challenge Player" button. That's great news, now players are more likely to battle you even though they might lose. It will not hurt their battle record and it will not help yours.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
1/17/2012 8:39:39   
VIX

@ Fay Beee ,
quote:

So how will players reach next rank? NPC only? Surely this will take forever?

-People can still battle each others in random battles, but NOT as a ( Challenge ) , example if i challenge u and you beat me or i beat u none of us will get win. but when you're playing vs npc you can get wins normaly , it's just Challenge agains't players that will be eliminated nothing other. you can still challenge NPC's and get wins from them .

-VIX

Epic  Post #: 63
1/17/2012 8:43:11   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Mir,

Dummy is eliminated. The feature of you can only challenge one player 10 times a day was in place, so that almost stopped dummies, now if the challenge's don't count at all, then there is no way of "easily" dummying.

With the new match making system, like Wiseman said, the system matches you with the closest level within your range, it's also an instant get into battle thing, so the Ability to click both "1v1" on the characters, at the same time, AND get into the correct fight, is virtually impossible and not worth it.

If you have any other ideas of dummying, please PM me, and I will look at it.

As of now, there is virtually a 0% dummying rate.

~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/17/2012 8:44:43   
Fay Beeee

Well Brilliant then (now I understand it - lol)
I was just a bit bothered about the lower levels and fairness is all.

Wil be nice for testing builds too.

< Message edited by Fay Beeee -- 1/17/2012 10:18:08 >
Epic  Post #: 65
1/17/2012 8:45:30   
xxmirxx

Vix she talking about this comment from Sageofpeace
quote:

Wiseman that be awesome. hope NPC battles stop counting towards record also if is possible
People assume we do npc only which we don't we do both. Holiday Practel I ain't going help you to learn how to cheat or pm you ideas.

< Message edited by xxmirxx -- 1/17/2012 8:54:01 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 66
1/17/2012 10:11:10   
Sipping Cider

This is a great idea from wiseman!
I'm not really sure about this dummy business, I mean it sounds like its players who challenge other accounts of theirs for free wins. But Wouldn't that mean they would have to level each account up to be able to challenge them? And have a separate computer for each account?

Anyways, I like this idea because it means I can challenge without fear of messing up record, and hopefully unlimited now too. Also, if you still want a challenge or some more fun to battling, just do 1v1.
Epic  Post #: 67
1/17/2012 10:45:23   
Practel

Mir,

Of all people, I am not here to cheat. Currently, there is NO form of Dummying after the update. It will be so unworthwhile to dummy, if it's still possible, after the changes are made.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
1/17/2012 11:46:55   
Lord Machaar

That's look impressive but let's which the reason that makes player dummy (I'm not a solo player i do juggs but i'll give my opinion anyway)
There is so many reasons to dummy first of them is getting a great record in solo (team and juggernauts no discussion in those two battle modes :P )
2nd one so many non-varuim players may take an excuse that they can't kill the varuim players... That's right because not everyone outside USA can buy this currency but that's not enough reason to make them "Dummy" so anyone here if he/she wants to talk about this let the "Game Staffs" fix the basic of the battle mode then you can critic... P.S (as i said already i'm a just a juggernaut player but i've started with Solo like everyone else) from here i wanna say guys you need to balance the juggernaut battle mode after the Last "Balances" Because facing 2 level 31 players isn't that much easy... Plus i've noticed that Low-Level Players actually controlling the team leaders :P ...
MQ Epic  Post #: 69
1/17/2012 13:35:24   
Practel

Dummying is virtually eliminated, I don't know where else you guys would get this idea from.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
1/17/2012 21:26:19   
MirageD

i realize that this game is 1v1 focused....but can someone please address 2v2 once an awhile???? there is a lot of acct sharing in 2v2, which is cheating....can someone monitor this for awhile???
AQW Epic  Post #: 71
1/17/2012 21:34:54   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mira If you know they're account sharing then you can PM The Lawman proof of it, or if you suspect someone is then you can PM him your logical reasons as to why you feel the account is being chared. Mods aren't capable of being on 24/7 and watching every fight and the IP addresses of each player. They usually rely on players to catch and report most rule breakers. Most people know that green name=mod so they tend to be on good behavior and avoid saying stuff like "Lulz, I iz sharing my acct so I can win 2vs2 daily."

@Thread topic The Gap between non varium and varium is getting better. If something can be done about Super War Bombs next time a war rolls around then I'll be happy to leave it at that for war competition. Standardizing the stats for weapons should really help cement the gap to a nice and satisfactory level.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/17/2012 21:47:29   
Wiseman

When it comes to account sharing there's no way for us to know who's suspected of sharing without some sort of report to point us in the right direction. We rely on players to alert us if they feel someone is sharing accounts. As ND stated, the best thing to do is report to The Lawman with any evidence supporting your claim that someone is sharing accounts, and then we can investigate from there.

As for other 2v2 aspects such as rewards and balance, we plan to work on those issues as well, we just haven't gotten around to them yet.

< Message edited by Wiseman -- 1/17/2012 21:49:14 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
1/17/2012 21:54:22   
Remorse

I persomally think account sharing rules need to be explained more clear.

They need to include not playing on their account at all regardless if it is showing them the game, or if they dont even know your details.

And they need to explain that everyone is included even family.
Epic  Post #: 74
1/17/2012 21:55:42   
goldslayer1

quote:

And they need to explain that everyone is included even family.

i was told that between family members account could be shared.
due to the fact that it would let 2 family members not have to spend double the varium on 2 accounts when it could just be done on 1.

and also because their family.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/17/2012 21:56:05 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Creating a Fair environment for Competition
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition