Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Whats your thoughts on SOPA and PIPA

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Whats your thoughts on SOPA and PIPA
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/18/2012 20:34:49   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

The potential for abuse exists, MiragED. I didn't say anything about its intended purpose (stopping copyright abuse). I did not threaten the userbase (if I did, no more than Cysero did). Other antipiracy laws have resulted in gross abuses against individuals.
Post #: 51
1/18/2012 20:35:40   
edwardvulture

@Cinderella Can you respond to my PM plz
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
1/18/2012 20:38:32   
goldslayer1

quote:

Oh god Gold no offense but clearly this is a horrible idea. It will ruin all the daily leaderboards and give no other factions a fair chance at any daily faction medals. Very unfair and not well though out. The only way I can see this idea even remotely happening is doing the exactly opposite of what you purpose. Let lower level factions hold more members than higher level factions to give them a fighting chance vs the more powerful well known and stocked factions.

actually my idea is good.
it would prevent the constant faction disbanding and faction hopping.

but let me ask u this,
why should a rookie faction that just started be at the same lvl as a lvl 12 faction thats been around for probably a year?

lets take a look at some examples.
GUAP when they first started they were lvl 1, they would only have 18 members. they would eventually have to build from that.
and work hard to get what the lvl 12 faction who has been here for a lot of time and put enormous effort into building their faction.
why should that lvl 1 faction be at the same lvl of competition as the lvl 12?
lets take a look at other examples.

Stray cats when they first started
they were also active and pretty much at the same lvl as lvl 11-12 factions.

then they disbanded (merged with savagekillers, and unmerged 3 days or so later)
and made toy soldiers.

it would stop faction hopping and disbanding.

and it would give a purpose to high lvl factions. aswell as giving them a small bonus for their hard work.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/18/2012 20:40:33 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 53
1/18/2012 20:44:16   
Smackie El Frog

@Gold
You can never stop faction jumping. No amount of things created can stop it. Thats like you being SOPA. Trying to control peoples free will. And having so many members in a high level faction is extremely unfair to everybody else. It is a bad idea and hopefully devs see that logic and don't agree with you.

But I do agree factions should have more space for people. If thats what you truely want as an end game. Sure I agree. But not through the way you suggested. That would be madness.

< Message edited by Smackie El Frog -- 1/18/2012 20:58:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
1/18/2012 20:44:55   
nico0las

@Gold If CaD, a level 12 faction (I'm pretty sure) had 29 members while a level 7 faction had 24, which do you think has the higher chance of winning a daily championship?
The idea itself is good, however it gives new factions a very hard time in expanding and competing.

< Message edited by nico0las -- 1/18/2012 20:45:12 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/18/2012 20:45:01   
Calogero

@ Gold

quote:

and it would give high lvl factions an advantage over rookie factions.

a To big of an Advantage...
They'd never be able to Get a flag not even to mention Keep a flag due to the numbers difference between a rookie Faction and
a faction that's been on a bit longer... They'd have no Motivation to farm due to being highly in the disadvantage
they would also never be able to go for a Daily due to again Sheer numbers...

so for me, your suggestion a No

< Message edited by andy123 -- 1/18/2012 20:46:09 >

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
1/18/2012 20:47:16   
goldslayer1

quote:

You can never stop faction jumping. No amount of things created can stop it. Thats like you being SOPA. Trying to control peoples free will. And having so many members in a high level faction is extremely unfair to everybody else. It is a bad idea and hopefully devs see that logic and don't agree with you.

But I do agree factions should have more space for people. If thats what you truely want as an end game. Sure I agree. But not through the way you suggested. That would be madness.

how is that controlling free will?
basically this would say
"hey faction jump/disband all u want, but its ur disadvantage"

maybe
the number of member slots is too high.
but u seem to be forgetting thats its fairly easy for active factions to reach lvl 8.
(i believe CAD reached lvl 9 in 2 weeks when it started)
AQW Epic  Post #: 57
1/18/2012 20:53:45   
Lord Nub

Just more reasons to vote for Ron Paul...

Everything that people have been fighting against lately is the exact thing every politician out there is for except Dr. Paul.

~ Ron Paul 2012!!!!

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
1/18/2012 20:54:11   
Smackie El Frog

@Gold

So really you just want the faction levels be harder to reach? Why not just try to get factions scores for each level be increased? But whats the point in that if there is nothing special about being a higher level faction? Sure it looks cool to have it says 11 or 12, but really that's all their is. So why don't you want others to reach those numbers? Maybe because it were harder to level a faction maybe the members will feel attached and more loyal since they helped raise that faction to its ranked. Maybe that way they will not faction jump on a whim.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
1/18/2012 21:01:39   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

If factions had the ability to open slots for only members who have become inactive. Some players have become very special within the faction or E.D. community, and it would be too difficult to let them go. If a opportunity to create a sub section within any faction for those members who have become inactive, that would be wonderful. Once they become active, they can rejoin the main faction, but while they are in the sub section (waiting list) their win totals and tokens would not be applied.

Having space open for active factions could pose problems. Like with many factions, there will be a time one or few will be viewed as high exposure or popular. Having open slots for this type of faction would render competing factions less competitive.

AQW Epic  Post #: 60
1/18/2012 21:02:04   
Stabilis

Instead of faction member growth, what about collective rewards such as all members of a higher level faction earning more credits, XP, or tokens per hour? Also spending currency on member slots is still an option.
AQ Epic  Post #: 61
1/18/2012 21:04:44   
goldslayer1

@smackie
ok i decided to make a new chart

Lvl 1 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 2 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 3 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 4 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 5 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 6 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 7 - 19 Member Capacity
Lvl 8 - 20 Member Capacity
Lvl 9 - 21 Member Capacity
Lvl 10- 22 Member Capacity
Lvl 11- 23 Member Capacity
Lvl 12- 24 Member Capacity
Lvl 13- 25 Member Capacity
quote:

Also spending currency on member slots is still an option.

we want to promote hard work.
altho yes its still an option.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/18/2012 21:05:56 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 62
1/18/2012 21:08:05   
MirageD

quote:

The potential for abuse exists, MiragED. I didn't say anything about its intended purpose (stopping copyright abuse). I did not threaten the userbase (if I did, no more than Cysero did). Other antipiracy laws have resulted in gross abuses against individuals.

just because someone else did something, doesn't make it right.....if you want to post something in a design note...then you should provide a clear pro/against definition of what you are referring to.....as i said before, i am against the bill....but i am even more against sites like this that are posting misinformation and threats to a world-wide user base that is possibly under the age of 15??? and that user base may not understand the intent of the bill ....i also don't think it is in AE's best interest to post things that are possibly construed as encouraging anti-american sentiment...the bill isn't intended to squelch the internet, but rather piracy and copyright infringement...and it only implies to US users

< Message edited by MirageD -- 1/19/2012 20:53:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
1/18/2012 21:09:25   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

Cinderella, since challenge matches will not be available on record with this upcoming release, how will this effect the current challenge missions already within the game?
AQW Epic  Post #: 64
1/18/2012 21:10:24   
goldslayer1

@jzaanu
i believe wiseman said that we can still do challenge missions with this change.
and should be alot easier as people wont be afraid to get losses.
AQW Epic  Post #: 65
1/18/2012 21:15:00   
Smackie El Frog

@Gold

Your not getting it. All faction levels should be the same size. But if you want a change I see it fair that higher level factions should have less people. Since they are such high level factions they would not need as many members to keep up their strength.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
1/18/2012 21:19:23   
rej

quote:

@Gold

I... actually quite like the idea. It actually rewards factions that put a lot of time and effort in. And it will indeed lower the rate of faction hopping.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 67
1/18/2012 21:20:22   
goldslayer1

quote:

Your not getting it. All faction levels should be the same size. But if you want a change I see it fair that higher level factions should have less people. Since they are such high level factions they would not need as many members to keep up their strength.

how does having higher lvl make sense for them to have less members?

think of it as a kingdom.
the more well known and battle scarred it is (in ED it would be by lvl) the more population that kingdom has.
and when a new kingdom rises, he is at a population disadvantage.

but someone suggested that member slots should be purchased with a currency.
so for example

quote:

Lvl 1 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 2 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 3 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 4 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 5 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 6 - 18 Member Capacity
Lvl 7 - 19 Member Capacity
Lvl 8 - 20 Member Capacity
Lvl 9 - 21 Member Capacity
Lvl 10- 22 Member Capacity
Lvl 11- 23 Member Capacity
Lvl 12- 24 Member Capacity
Lvl 13- 25 Member Capacity

from that chart, u would need the lvls to unlock the member slots, but u would still have to purchase it.
sound better?

quote:

I... actually quite like the idea. It actually rewards factions that put a lot of time and effort in. And it will indeed lower the rate of faction hopping.

thank you rej, some people just dont see that so i have to lower the member slot of it for it to be considered.
even then some are still biased.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 1/18/2012 21:21:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 68
1/18/2012 21:34:11   
edwardvulture

It effects youtube, google, wikipedia, etc. So it would affect the rest of you but you guys don't really have control over it unless you decide to pay premiun mail to American uhm... politicians whatver decids this
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 69
1/18/2012 21:39:07   
State Alchemist

If you can't see this current bill as just another means for the US gov't to monitor/oppress/control the American people.

For our overseas friends, if you don't think it will snowball further, your kidding yourself (EU would be next)
Post #: 70
1/18/2012 21:40:59   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

@MirageD: The SOPA / PIPA bills apply to websites based in the United States. If a website is blocked, or has its ad or search support blocked, you could find yourself unable to visit your favorite US based websites if they are forced to shut down because of this legislature, so it affects a lot more than just the US population when giants like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Google, that are used worldwide, could all be affected.

I highly suggest everyone go through the full text of both of these bills. It's not an easy read, but it will give you an idea of the vagueness of the clauses in this bill and the statutes it sets in place. The SOPA has currently been shelved in congress until February, but the PIPA is still under consideration, with a vote being held on January 24th.

SOPA Text: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d112:h.r.03261:
PIPA Text: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.968:

Back to matters of EpicDuel, the faction overhaul should make factions mean more. There are a lot of faction leaderboards right now, for 1v1, 2v2, World Domination and Flag Captures, all on top of the faction scores, and faction levels and what all this adds up to currently is a lot of numbers that don't do much. After you have the World Domination, or Flag Captured achievements, your factions progress has little effect on your own character.

There's a problem with expanding the number of players a faction can hold depending on its level, Goldslayer. This creates an unfair competitive advantages for the top factions. Having extra members would certainly cement the top few factions just because they would have more people to compete in the faction war than other factions. It certainly gives the players in the top factions a reason to stick around, but I'd be worried that it would really make getting a new faction off the ground a tough ordeal.

< Message edited by Ashari -- 1/18/2012 21:42:41 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
1/18/2012 21:54:39   
MirageD

@ashari.....actually if you read the bills it only effects websites that infringe upon US copyrights....and is intended to block access, from the US, to sites outside of the US that infringe upon US copyrights....check your homework

i also don't see why US politics are addressed in the ED forums....??? i would suggest all inferences to US policies don't belong here
AQW Epic  Post #: 72
1/18/2012 21:58:19   
Zeoth

@above
This piece of legislation happens to be in ED forums because it can effect AE as a whole and it's users. So it's not misinformation about user possibly being attacked
Post #: 73
1/18/2012 22:03:42   
MirageD

@above....if you are not a US citizen....and a member of the voting population....then it really doesn't matter to you, does it??? you don't have a say in this matter, so i don't know why this subject is in the ED forums

< Message edited by MirageD -- 1/18/2012 22:05:51 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 74
1/18/2012 22:05:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@mira Because if SOPA passes then AE can be shut down. It doesn't matter if you're in America or not. AE is and if they shut down then no one gets access to AE games even if you're in a different country.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Whats your thoughts on SOPA and PIPA
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition