Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

(DF) Excerpts from a tea-loving priestess

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Excerpts from a tea-loving priestess
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/10/2012 13:02:41   
Hiraku Tatlin

Passage #17

Dear Diary,

..I finally considered making a new entry to this journal after the previous 16 pages got drenched in pretzle root tea. On the bright side, my journal smells a lot better than 20-year old untouched paper. I have grown busy as of late from the daily routine of doing research in sunbreeze grove that I haven't noticed the state of my home from my affairs. The small room I use to do my research was a wonderful mini-library created by a clever company of moglins. On one wall, there are two carefully made bookshelves from each side of a beautiful large window crafted in the style of a dragon whose wings reach out to the sky. On the other, a simple desk where I keep my books and some chairs scattered aesthetically around the room. I should really clear up my desk sooner or later. My apprentice's making a fuss over the 'mess' I make on it, but there's something convenient about having them close at hand and not having to go back to the bookshelf again.

I surprised by my change in affairs; usually I would sit the day away talking to Twilly while talking about days gone by drinking specially brewed tea, but now I find myself looking back at books dealing with the majesty of dragons. It's not really for my sake…but I want to do what I can for that young individual whose destiny seems to swirl around dragons. I realize that destiny is a fickle thing; it is a force without morals and decision making, and has no regret to the harm it places on the ‘chosen ones’ in making the path for them instead of them making it themselves. Without help, I am not sure that young lad will make it past Sepulc…

Well, there’s no point worrying. If its within my power, I want to help the ‘hero of falconreach’ in anyway I can…for a price. I’m a priestess of the light, not a millionaire. It’ll take more than a restorative blessing to get the research and books necessary to help the Hero…and tea is expansive these days with all these reports of monsters all over. Perhaps I’m worrying too much. I should consider having a chat with Twilly when I have the freetime. He’s always a great source of amusement during these dark times. But, alas, even as I write this, I hear the hero from a distance. I don’t need to use magic to realize that strange dragon egg in their possession, but its different from the first egg they brought. It seems aligned with the elemental realm of fire…I’ll probably write more on this as time moves on.

As the Sky shines above,
Lady Celestia
AQ DF  Post #: 1
2/11/2012 19:21:25   
Hiraku Tatlin

Passage #18

I was amazed by a new…curiosity that the Hero of Falco- …that sounds way too long, they need a nickname with a dramatic flair for someone who has the power to change the world…

(Most of passage afterwards is covered with scribbled out words. Some seemed to have been made with a careful hand while others were forcefully written in as if the writer’s hands were on fire themselves)

Passage #27

I might have to be more thoughtful with this journal. I don’t have many pages left. In any case, it seems like my young friend
has found another dragon egg. After seeing it, I couldn’t help but run back to the archives of my home. Can you imagine the work I do for just for their first dragon? Food for dragons is hard to come by as it is around Oaklore…I might consider making the Hero pay in dragon coins. Makes sense when you think about it.

I offered to take the egg from their hands. It would be nice to have some more company around Sunbreeze grove. Elysia and I have made rounds on the egg, eagerly awaiting its arriving birth. I remember when the Hero was hatching his first dragon, the sneaky girl actually convinced the Hero into thinking that the process of preparing a dragon for hatching was similar to preparing for child birth with humans. Normally I would have reprimanded her, but I admit I wanted to hear Twilly’s reaction to the Hero very much. I even heard sock puppets were involved! What on lore did she tell them?

I realize the repercussions of taking care of Akriloth’s future child perfectly well. I do not regret the Hero’s actions in taking Akriloth down. Nevertheless, I hope that as the child grows, I want to do what I can to lead it to a more honourable path. I have a lot to do as it is, with the Hero’s dragon to aid and nurture in theirs. I’m glad Elysia is here to help me. Even now, I notice a few cracks on the dragon’s egg. Witnessing the birth of a new life sounds a lot more exciting then writing on parchment. I hope to write some more soon, but until then.

"Let the swirling tea leaves dance in your pot like the sheer majesty of a dragon"
-Lady Celestia

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 2/12/2012 8:35:57 >
AQ DF  Post #: 2
2/19/2012 23:15:53   
Hiraku Tatlin

Passage #28: New Arrival

I was pretty excited about the hatching of Akriloth's child that I invited the boat-rower, Baffet along to watch the hatching take place. He has been a tremendous help..rowing potential clients..I mean visitors to the grove. Though sometimes when I'm not looking, I get the feeling he tends to snooze every now and then on the boat himself. Every time I see him like that, I feel the need to wake him up to remind him that we have extra beds in my home if he needs it. But I don't..he seems far more at peace sleeping under the night sky then a comfy bed.

It was close to sunset time when I noticed the egg shaking repetitively. Small scratching noises could be heard within, and I realized that the time of its hatching was near. Baffet, Elysia and I gathered around as we witnessed the hatching take place outside of our home (who leaves a fire-aligned dragon to hatch in their own home? not unless you love that new crispy-style home). The protective shell that kept it safe and warm became a necessary obstacle for the dragon to prove it was capable of enduring an adventurous world. Cracks started appearing, and I knew it was anxious to get out of its shell. Elysia applied some of the magic I taught her to help it along its way. I felt the fabrics of her magic quite well; it called out to the young dragon to support it in ways that couldn't be seen through the normal eye. Her magic allowed her to convey to the dragon words that would give it strength to come out into the world on its on accord, but in a way that was soothing, like a song. If i were to put her magic into words, it would have been like this:

Loved ones call out to you from the veil of sunset flames
Feel the fire beating from within. Let your heart cry out for the passion of life.
Let your wings soar to the symphony of the night sky. As your claws reach our own.
Feel our love tightly as we celebrate your birth

It was beautiful and calming to my soul..even though it was meant for our young hatchling friend. But surely he felt the same way, for Elysia held the dragon tightly in her own arms. The young dragon was so frail, so fragile..but I made a promise to take care of it to the Hero, and even though Elysia was not bound to that same promise, I could tell she would help out in taking care of him. No sound was made after the hatching, besides the past cracking of egg shell. Baffet said nothing, but laid a gentle hand on the dragon, who acknowledged him with a small puff of flame on his hair. We were quick to put the fire out, but his poor hairstyle was never the same. Baffet's reaction surprised me though as he laughed and cooed at the little dragon. His warm optimism won everyone who witnessed the hatching to honest laughter, including Akriloth's son. I truly wish that happiness comes for this young dragon as we raise it in the future.

Note to self: Be sure to get Baffet a hat in case he needs it. He was a good sport about the 'incident', but I'm sure he'll appreciate the hat.

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 2/20/2012 9:30:08 >
AQ DF  Post #: 3
2/21/2012 15:54:51   
Hiraku Tatlin

Passage 29: Bonds are a fickle thing

I got a letter from an old friend at Dragonsgrasp, the 'castle in the sky' as I have always known it. For a stronghold, I'm surprised that the hustle and bustle of the place reminds me so much of the local affairs of the citizens in Falconreach. Sometimes if I took the time to relax, I would even hear a pleasant tune as I traveled around the markets there. It felt serious, but was a clear visual image of the strong determination of the Dragonlord order incorporated within Dragonsgrasp.

..The Dragonlords probably brought along some friendly bards to the castle, cause it might have just been my imagination. Ho hum. But I digress...the letter was a different matter entirely. My friend, the Grey Earl, noticed a change in the winds blowing around Falconreach. He's not the type to send letters without a good reason. I should send Elysia to the town just in case to aid our hero, but for now she has helped in taking care of Akriloth's son rather well. I'll be sure to take care of him while she's away, but I can tell she'll miss him, and he will too.

Just a few days ago, he uttered his first word. I was inside the house at the time, but even then I felt the words he said in my chest, even though I didn't hear it. I remembered that feeling every time I talked to a dragon: how it always felt like..rumbling boulders. I rushed out of the house when I felt it, but by the time I found the dragon in Elysia's arms, he was done talking, but staring serenely at the sky, almost as if he was searching for something.

I was quick to ask for Elysia's account on what happened. Elysia was amazed when he talked to her; he just recently hatched, but already he can speak the dragon tongue quite well. However, it was not that he was already talking, but the word he used: mother?

After all that Elysia's done to raise the drakeling, I wasn't surprised to hear that, but was touched by the close bond that they had for each other. Elysia looked at the dragon with heartfelt eyes, caressing his wings in a playful manner as she responded in draconic. "No, I'm not your mother, but you can call me Lysi if you wish." When the dragon's eyes seemed to be brimming with tears at the thought she wasn't his mother, she quickly added "..but we are still family. We don't need scales to show the bonds that we have inside". After this, he lightened up after that, but called her mother anyway. "Alright Lysi-mama! But where is papa?"

At the mention of 'papa', I looked at Elysia with sharp eyes. The matter of his father's death had to be dealt with calmly, without his son getting too curious on the subject. I hoped that when she had talked to the dragon, she handled the topic with respect. Elysia looks back with genuine calmness, and felt my heart starting to beat normally at her response on what she said to him. "He's watching you from the great sky. Don't worry, even if he's not here with you, the bonds you sure as dragonkin will always hold true". When she said this to him, he nodded kindly, and seemed to take her words to heart. But his eyes continued looking calmly at the sky, hoping for a large mass of scale and muscle to erupt from the clouds any moment. I calmly told Elysia not to continue anymore talks about Akriloth with his son, but I fear the dragon's curious nature will get the better of him.

Of course, I might just be worrying too much. He's only a young drake. He will get over it soon and focus on other matters. After Elysia heads off to Falconreach, I'll do what I can to raise him while she's gone. Perhaps Baffet can even help out too if he's not too busy 'resting' on his boat. Until then, I'll make preparations for her upcoming departure. I'm sure things at Falconreach will be fine with Elysia's help...
AQ DF  Post #: 4
3/3/2012 17:41:40   
Hiraku Tatlin

Passage 30: The Enduring Light

Dear Diary,

It has been awhile since I used this journal of mine. The past few weeks have been busy, but the thought of reflecting recent events and my thoughts on paper made it hard for me to write again. It wasn't until Baffet suggested I should write again that I did...if only to get the thoughts out of my head. Something happened at Falconreach that caught my attention: the fact I never realized a spy associated with Sepulchure until she came out in the open. When the Hero first told me about strange accidents involving their pets, I couldn't help but laugh. This is not the first time I've seen the Hero having 'accidents' with their dragon. Twilly still has the bite marks to prove it. What shocked me was when the Hero found out the identity of the culprit: Aria's grandmother Grams. She was not only involved with the pets' strange behaviour, but also a spy under Sepulchure's orders!

Even after all that's happened, I refuse to believe Grams would be the type of person who craved power, much less want to be associated with a doomknight. My mind is all over the place trying to understand what would lead her to act as she did. There's something about the Hero's depiction of her that doesn't add up. What would she gain from allying herself with Sepulchure and hurting Aria's feelings at such a revelation? If I ever find Grams, I'll confront her and question her strange actions. As for Aria...I really hope that someone can heal her hurting heart. The one thing I'm grateful for is that Falconreach has a lot of good-hearted citizens; I know she'll find someone to help her get through with this.

And yet, I can't help but feel useless for not realizing this sooner. I should acted on my feelings when through my magic, I sensed something...out of place happen in Falconreach after the time when the Hero fought against the light monsters at a beach. Perhaps that was the time when...no, I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to get over this, and focus on other matters...

Passage 31: Troubling Times

I have received messages from Elysia down at Falconreach that the town, and many places all over Lore are being besieged by Sepulchure's forces. I am not surprised to hear he has started attacking the various towns and communities around Lore that the Hero has aided the past few months. While I can sympathize with the Hero's reasons to keep most of the orbs with their closest allies, this is exactly what Sepulchure will be expecting! After the incident with the spy in Falconreach, he has to realize that the possibility of Sepulchure's spies being planted in each town and place in Lore is not something we can ignore. But I trust their judgment...the Hero might have a plan in mind to justify his actions. Isn't that why they kept the elemental orb of darkness in their possession in the first place?

It's times like this I need to think on the bright side of things. The Hero wouldn't place the orb in a silly place like the Bank or something. That's something Cysero would consider. Surely he would keep it in safe and capable hands...

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 3/4/2012 18:44:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 5
3/19/2012 12:56:11   
Hiraku Tatlin

Passage 32: Trouble at the Bank

So many things have happened that has demoralized the forces in Falconreach fighting against Sepulchure and his undead army. I have heard through Elysia that the darkness orb was stolen after an attack was made in the Falconreach bank. What has always surprised me was the reason why the Hero claims they need a bank in the first place. All they need in their backpack is the occasional weapon or two, and a place to put valuable trinkets or rings. Perhaps even that special compartment I added where the Hero can put all that dragon food they bought in. I'm not going to bother questioning why the Hero wants to put multiple weapons in their bag if they want to travel Lore lightly. Maybe he'll realize this himself once a herd of dragons start chasing him one day.

On that note, I should probably avoid placing any valuables in the bank in the nearby future. I should try to contact Elysia soon to ensure that my secret inventory of special dingleberry tea is safely in her hands as soon as possible. Who knows? During this war, it is possible that it might be stolen for malicious purposes..but I can't really comprehend how the undead can use it anyway. Hopefully, anybody who reads this won't think I'm some tea-crazed enthusiast. I just don't like getting my most cherished tea stolen by the forces of evil! And if they do, it's perfectly normal for me to call upon the wrath of the dragons themselves to ensure I get them back. Perfectly normal!

..I should probably check up on "Akriloth Jr.". It was a name that Baffet recommended one night when I was having a hard time figuring out a good name for him. As a powerful dragon of the fire elemental realm, he deserves a name befitting of his status, but I suppose Baffet's nickname will do for now.

Passage 33: A peaceful memory

I am concerned with the way Akriloth Jr. has been the past few days. He seems to look at the sky with melancholy. That's not much of a problem, but every now and then, he seems to be whispering something, as if he is trying to contact somebody in the heavens above. I admit, I thought I was capable of being able to raise little Akriloth Jr. by myself, but he has taken a liking to Elysia. After she left for Falconreach, it seems like he is trying to distance himself from me. I know I should not take offensively, but I am bothered at the thought that he is spending most of his time to himself, or worse..calling for someone.

I try not to take offence, but the nature of the dragon can be fickle sometimes. Perhaps if I let him be, he might open up to me like he did with Elysia. Baffet tried, but after the last...'incident', he has found the need to travel to the other side of the lake. I can't really blame him.

It's strange. The past few days have triggered certain memories in my soul. I find myself reminising the times before Sepulchure's attack in Falconreach. The pleasant memories of Sunbreeze grove...of a time when the days passed by without any problems...

Elysia was standing by the fountain, her light blue eyes staring solemnly down the pool of everflowing water. She looked up at my approach, but couldn't find the strength to look directly at me. I didn't question her behaviour. After all, it would have been strange to treat her like a daughter. But her eyes...

It hurt my heart to let her be, dwelling in a pain unknown to me. Without her looking, I placed my hand gently on her shoulder. To my surprise, she opened up to me, and confessed to something incredibly light-hearted in context. She admitted that on her way to taking care of the Hero's dragon, she accidently spilled some of my best tea on the dragon, causing its skin to turn blue while it was sleeping. I was shocked at the girl's 'confession'. Elysia's composure was trembling, as if she expected I would reprimend her for something so simple. I laughed instead, calming her fears by suggesting they get some paint to change the dragon's colours back to normal. I even suggested using this 'colour-changing service' as a neat customizing feature for the Hero to help their dragon. We both laughed at the thought, but the idea was stuck in our heads later that day.

It didn't really matter to me. I was just happy to see her smiling again. Hearing her laugh warmed my heart, that we were both surprised that the Hero's dragon didn't wake up at our laughter...

I find it strange to reminise these days, but I fear that something approaches the grove with a ominious light. This may be the only time I can open my heart so openly on parchment. I have sealed a bit of my magic into this book to only open to Elysia, and the Hero who will need strength of my words if I must leave this world before my time. Anyone who opens this book with a dark heart will activate the part of the magic that will destroy this book's contents and all.

If you have reached this far into the book, I respect your kindness to read its contents with a open heart. However, to those who breach this book's magic with malicious purposes, I will never reveal my contacts who have helped me aid the Hero in numerous ways. All you need to know is that one day, your days of evil in the World of Lore will come down at the end of a blade, dagger or magical might. The fates of destiny cannot control the one who speaks with dragons with a reptilian friend at hand, and the Hero of Falconreach will always find a way, even through the darkest of nights!

To the Hero, I cannot easily find the worlds to help you in your time of need. But listen anyway. Even if I am gone, remember this: never forget the bonds of the friends and allies around you, for they will never forget the deeds that you did for their sake. Such love is hard to misplace in a troubling world. They will be your strength. I may sound like an old woman, but if you are going through rough times, but friends will always be there for you when you need it. Alina is one of the most straight forward woman in Falconreach who you can always talk to for a smart opinion. Lim is resourceful, and creative in the most unexpected of ways. And Cysero...forget I even mentioned him. Make sure you get your socks back from him though.

You are one of the bravest people I have ever been proud to have known in my life. I have seen the way you interact with your dragon, and I know you both have the strength to overcome anything that comes your way. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise. That is the last advice I can give you. If I go, Elysia will always be there to help in your dragon's growth when I'm gone.

To Elysia, there are no words I can give you to how much you mean to me. I understand that leaving your parents behind for your apprenticeship was hard on you. At first, you have wanted to train to become a dragonlord like your parents, but you found strength to become your own person. I am sad that I may not live to see the day you become a champion of dragonkind, but I rest easy knowing you will be there to take care of Sunbreeze Grove when I'm gone. My home is yours, as long as you want it to be. I hope everything in my personal study will prove useful for your development.

And..if I must die before my time, remember this, if nothing else.

I love you. You may not be my daughter, but in my heart, you will always be someone I would be proud to call my own. So please..do not mourn for me if I go. I want you to live your life, so do not linger too long in the past. If it is my time, it is my time. I just want you to know that the days you became my apprentice were the most exciting days of my life.

This is the last time I will hold a quill to write this diary. Thank you..for everything.

-Lady Celestia

< Message edited by Hiraku Tatlin -- 3/19/2012 13:03:56 >
AQ DF  Post #: 6
11/19/2012 21:17:34   
Hiraku Tatlin

"The past is sacred to the fallen, as they are the only ones who know the truth. The onlookers can only draw their own conclusions from the outcome, not from the steps leading to it. But aren't the final moments of a simple priestess worth noting, as they confronted the darkness of a twisted soul?

The present pays tribute to the past, and the unspoken sacrifice of a gentle light. But why does history withhold that past? And so I will not let it end, with a broken tea cup lying arm's-length from a lifeless hand."-The Witch of Tragic Endings

To be Continued in: The Visitor's Tale of Secluded Memoirs: Tea Party
AQ DF  Post #: 7
8/15/2013 21:54:03   
Hiraku Tatlin

Epilogue: Tea Party

The priestess had spent the day staring at the leather-bound pages of her journal, her mind immersed in memories etched in black ink. She had considered the possibility of adding more to the pages, but couldn't imagine what else to add. Helpful tips for the young apprentice. Training methods for a greenhorn hero. Tea recipes using 1,000 variations of cinnamon. They all seemed important, but she couldn't find the best option. Words are powerful things that can have an effect on the people they were meant to, and she wanted to make them count. At the same time, she knew her journal, in the right hands, would only be accessible to the people she cared for the most.

With these thoughts in mind, she planned on relieving her self-imposed challenge while tending to Akriloth's son. It boggled her mind to think that even after Elysia gave it an affectionate nickname, we could not give it a genuine name befitting a strong dragon. It was if the lingering presence of Akriloth radiated strongly in its strong lungs, and made the task of naming him harder to do. For now, they settled on a nickname that seemed to bring a radiant expression in its tiny eyes.

Her eyes eventually left the familiar presence of the journal to the back of her home where Char rested. Passing by her home, she made a unconscious note of realizing that she never had the opportunity of inviting the Hero of Falconreach to her home for a personal visit, outside of birthday parties, but required extensive cleaning of her research materials (they were everywhere). Unending books stacked evening to the point they doubled as furniture, providing strong foundations for leftover teacups. It reached the point where she had to ask Cysero for transdimensional aid in providing the illusion of a cleanly home that she tended to borrow from time to time. She quickly let the thought go once she realized that even the Hero would find better ways of relaxing than talking to her about their destiny as a dragonlord, but even as her left her little home, she couldn't get the Hero out of her mind.

She opened the backdoor of her home with the finesse of a duchess, pushing aside the simplicity of a wooden exit with an iron hand. The scene before her did nothing to hide her graceful movements even when her instincts told her to be cautious. Gone was the nest belonging to her little friend, and the little clawprints that 'insisted' on more chickencow. Nothing remained of the dragon's home, not even the tiniest piece of straw. No signs of 'home' and master remained anywhere, as if the world itself was anxious to be rid of this natural scene.

The strange being sitting in front of her was testament to that fact. He uttered not a word, and left the new scene before her as a unspoken, magical violation of her once safe home. The grove around her remained untouched. Her home remained untarnished by magic. But Char's little nest and presence was replaced with an elegant table, reinforced with the most beautiful of glass. On top of the table, two thin steams of heat radiated from a pair of teacups sitting calmly, ignorant of the situation around them. The being, whose face she found hard to stare directly, sat without word on a chair that befitted his self-imposed presence. With long fluid curves and grand structure, it wouldn't have been surprising if the being announced his intent to rule the world.

She could tell that it..no,..he..she realized who he was. A man with a skull that danced with eternally-heated flames, and dressed in equally fitting red robes sat before her. The worse feature about him was not the demonstration of magic before him, but in the way he looked at her. With eyes that weren't eyes, but the very fire within his body that saw her for who she was, a normal human face-to-face with madness incarnate. It was that very presence of pure terror he was radiating that stopped him from saying anything, but insisted on provoking a reaction of dread or fear from her to start things off.

She wouldn't give him the satisfaction. To deny him pleasure from her fear was the greatest weapon she had (outside of her extra cards in her arsenal). His very presence showed his purpose for visiting: He knew who was assisting the Hero behind the scenes. "Before we start off this beautiful tea party of yours," she said calmly, eyes purposely looking above the pyromancer before her. "Shouldn't you conjure up a third cup for my friend behind you?".

The pyromancer, refusing to answer her question, grounded his teeth in frustration to this sudden intrusion. Rotating his skull behind him, he found himself staring within eye distance to the bulk of a great winged beast. His smooth silver-like skin did little to betray the raw strength behind the muscles that moved fluidly in his huge frame, but the beast pronounced his presence with a proud roar of welcome.

"Please meet my dear friend, the grey earl, who is more than pleased at your arrival. I have many questions to ask you. To what do we owe this visit..Xan?"

AQ DF  Post #: 8
6/24/2014 22:52:51   
Hiraku Tatlin

Epilogue Part 2: Simmer Down

The priestess met the unsettling gaze of the pyromancer with the calm gaze of a party holder greeting a guest. The grey earl showed a clear show of restraint in not reaching for the man's head. His presence was never one that brought happiness as the residents of Lymcrest learned the hard way. There was no guarantee that they could come out of this confrontation unscathed. Despite his blatant madness, there was purpose for his visit; a clear resolute intent to confront her with dark intentions. That was all she needed to know. Neither party had to say why. She merely asked him for the reason behind his visit to aggravate him. To let him know she was not the type to bend her knees to any being with power.

His eternally burned teeth creaked as they carved into a deranged smile. To her surprise, he bowed to her in a mock gesture of respect and admiration. "I am here to give my regards...to you, the little firefly that has made the little 'hero' a rock that irritates my Lord's doom shoes." The fire behind his socket-less eyes burned brighter, and in that single instant her heart ached in genuine pain. Her eyes recoiled from the Pyromancer's magic, as it was not from any physical assault of arcane fire or the petty lashing of his verbal whip, but the strong image he made her envision.

Her precious Sunbreeze Grove..engulfed in flames. The years of effort and dedicating her life in study and research burning away with unforgiving fire. Her first student and cherished friend, crumbling into ash before his actions as a righteous undead slayer could be recognized. The Hero of Falconreach, succumbing to power and slaying his mentor Warlic alongside the Pyromancer's hand! From the farther reaches of her mind, she knew that these were only illusions, but the sincerity of each image's despair was terrifying. The worse of them all was the image of her student Elysia coming home to a barren Grove, with nothing to come back to but her own charred bones greeting her.

It was this illusion that brought her heart more pain that all the others combined. The sadness, disappointment and suffering she could see in her student's eyes were the last thing she ever wanted to see. But in that pain she received the strangest of gifts: strength. The strength to overcome tragedy and find the bright future that Elysia, Artix and the hero represented. And all at once the despair in that heart shattered. Pyromancer's illusions shattered and melted back into the folds of his twisted fantasy. He did not expect her to break from his illusions, a magic so strong that even she was not aware of its effects in Falconreach. With his concentration broken, he failed to notice the fierce dragon retaliating against him by surrounding him with an immerse sphere of water.

His witty retorts were swallowed up the water engulfing him. Instantly his hands were ablaze, ready to turn water to harmless steam. The priestess, full of unrelenting determination, had done the most inexplicable thing. She was chanting a protection spell! The pyromancer laughed. This was the time to attack him with his guard broken! Why defend yourself? Now was the time to strike! But just as he said that, it was the Priestess' turn to smile. "Who said I was casting this on me?", she said as she threw-tea leaves!-at his direction. As soon as the leaves came into contact with Xan, the protection spell solidified around the Pyromancer with water, leaves and all. He could not move. The protection spell ensured that he was contained in a strong layer of light.

"I forgot to mention something", said the Priestess as both the dragon and her casually walked away from the mage. Already her hands were holding a cup in her hand. "Those tea leaves are very special. They came from a magician friend of mine, who is very fond of socks and fish. These leaves when combined with water-". She had no time to explain further. In only a few seconds a huge torrent of water engulfed the very spot the Pyromancer was in. She knew that this would not be enough, but she hoped that this would encourage him to consider retreat as a viable option. But her dragon friend could not help but hold his chest up high in humor in seeing the small smile on her face, contemplating her next actions with a few gulps of tea. The tea party was merely beginning.
AQ DF  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> AE Fanfiction >> DragonFable >> (DF) Excerpts from a tea-loving priestess
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition