Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

C&C: [Untitled] Suggestions Welcome!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> C&C: [Untitled] Suggestions Welcome!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2012 8:33:43   
Helixi

Here it is.

New thread for this narrative as it's so vastly different to the first draft.

< Message edited by Helixi -- 2/11/2012 8:38:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
2/11/2012 9:59:21   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Yes, definetly different. To be honest, it is a little short for my liking. But then again, what is 1 A4 page on Word translates as a paragraph on the forums. A little mistake I noticed on my first read-through.

quote:

reality.She

Somewhere in the first section. There's a missing space (as you can see). I want to see what happens next now. Are the events of this version similar to the first version?
DF  Post #: 2
2/11/2012 11:29:12   
Helixi

They will be similar, yes, but there's an Irsh/Catholic slant on it, if you didn't pick that up already.
AQ DF  Post #: 3
2/11/2012 15:57:18   
Varen6398
Friendly!, Constructive!
Creative!

Yes I picked that little bit up as well. Good work, keep it up!
DF  Post #: 4
2/16/2012 7:16:21   
.Discipline

I love how you've made sure this writing strikes the reader at various points. I could vividly hear Peter's voice and could actually feel the pain in the air, that's skill. :D

Having your husband's family blame you for his death at his funeral would have to be the most positively brutal thing that could happen to you. Trying to tell yourself it's not your fault, trying to get a grip on the reality of the situation and then being told with a thud that you may as well be the worst plague to ever wash over the land. That's dark and cutting.

And then you go on to bring us to a different situation, the darkness there is a lot more subtle. You didn't go straight into a typically dark scene like a funeral, but dropping the bombshell on the reader at the end really gives a quick change of perspective.

Just something I noticed:

quote:

her eye’s glinting malevolently

Her eyes. What you've used there is either a possessive or tells us that her eye is glinting malevolently. Unless the character in question has one eye, you need to change that.

I very much hope you continue this, I want to see how/if these two characters will be brought together and if the remainder of the story will remain as dark. It's clear that, through tragic circumstances, both of the main characters are left in a similar predicament. No partner and a young child to support. Will be odd to see how the children affect the plotline and what kind of attitudes the characters will bring to the table.

Personally, I think it's brilliant and powerful so far. Keep it up, dear. <3
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/16/2012 16:56:06   
Helixi

Both mistakes seen and corrected. Thanks Varen and .D. :D
AQ DF  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> C&C: [Untitled] Suggestions Welcome!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition