Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 7 of 18«<56789>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/23/2012 16:51:46   
Ranloth
Banned

Why is still going on if Cindy herself said that later supporters will be rewarded too but not in this week's update? Isn't that enough already?
Gold, I respect your opinion, but read others too and actually TAKE it in and try to counter it if possible? You're speaking to whole different perspective than few of the Founders here still active and on Forum. Go on "Way Back Machine" and get screenshots of AQ from 2002/2003. Now would you invest $100s to get Donation Items there which are perma-rare and similar to Founder items? Look at its graphics, it was plain 2-D game unlike ED made 6yrs later with PvP engine.
What you're trying to prove is Bike isn't supposed to be rewarded to us because we got too much. You're missing a lot of people's points, ignoring some posts, and not using common sense. It's ignorant, while you want others to listen to you.
If you can prove to me that ED had better Financial Stability back in 08/09 than it does now and that Founders and Elites didn't do much to help the game + don't deserve some sort of reward (who says it must be constant rewarding, what if it's the last one and next will be kind of rewards everyone will get for supporting)? If you can explain to me how business works and that ED did better before the merge and all the payers came and put more money into the game - I will give you anything you want.
AQ Epic  Post #: 151
2/23/2012 16:59:30   
King FrostLich

To stop every flaming when founders get rewards, everyone should receive 994 varium. With that said, all players will be 100% satisfied.
Epic  Post #: 152
2/23/2012 16:59:52   
One Winged Angel1357

I notice one flaw with what everyone's argument is and that is that Founders paid money in a time when ED could have failed monetarily.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Founder is for those for paid $30 in the first month or so of the MERGE with AE. Most likely with this merge a contract would have been written out entitling things that ED had to accomplish but it was more or less safe if it accomplished these things.
The only group of people, in my mind, that can claim without them there might be no ED is the Elites who are now an incredibly small population of the game see as we now have close to 3K people online over the weekends at a given time.

Also at least they are labeling it correctly this time last years Player appreciation was Payer Appreciation now its called Founder Appreciation which is much closer to reality.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 153
2/23/2012 17:04:57   
Santa ClawZz

With no Founders, or Founder status, there would have been less interested players, hence less players. More people getting bored easily being equal to everyone (during Founder period, everyone got 1,000 free varium, if you recall). So yes, Founder status brought more joy to the game and those who purchased it were the chosen ones who made this game better.
AQW Epic  Post #: 154
2/23/2012 17:10:46   
Sparticus

@One Winged Angel1357: You played pony vs pony or warpforce lately? AE doesn't make sure things and not all things they do are worth paying/playing.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 155
2/23/2012 17:15:02   
goldslayer1

if ur supporting the "founder should be rewarded" after they been rewarded more, ur the one at a loss for not understanding both sides of the equation.

u dont see me asking more when i already got some (eggzooka, frostbane promo, and all of those)
im not asking to reward me, im asking not to overdo the rewarding on founders.

if founders keep getting "rewards" each year or every time they request it, it will only prove to everyone else that they are getting pampered, along with a diaper change every year

i would also like to thank the founders out there who aren't asking for armor buffs, or more rewards. in my eyes, u guys are the true founders.

Removed part referring to deleted post. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 2/23/2012 20:03:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 156
2/23/2012 17:20:34   
Algorithm

@Gold, which founder requested a bike lol?
Post #: 157
2/23/2012 17:23:09   
Oba

quote:

u dont see me asking more when i already got some (eggzooka, frostbane promo, and all of those)

if founders keep getting "rewards" each year or every time they request it, it will only prove to everyone else that they are getting pampered, along with a diaper change every year

1. For what I know have you been whining the past 4-5 hours on that you dont get any "reward" when Founders do, so, you do ask for items.
2. I am pretty sure founders will keep getting rewards. That is the point with the Founder status (EVEN though what you say, I do not give a damn about it, since you have made up your mind and wont change it. And with your CAD attitude you only will keep going on with the same old contentions.) Just look at other games.
3. When did Founders ask for something last time? I havent seen a single thread, nor heard anyone saying they want/need more rewards since a year back. If we got everything we asked for would Founder armor have a higher armor defence. (+9).
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 158
2/23/2012 17:23:04   
goldslayer1

@algo
dont remember the name but some have suggested founder bikes last year and thru time.
AQW Epic  Post #: 159
2/23/2012 17:23:47   
One Winged Angel1357

@Sparticus are those bad games(I've played both AQ destorys Warpforce and Pony V Pony was made off a joke gone wrong) but yet they still here are they not? Chances are that even if EpicDuel was a bad game and Titan and NghtWraith were removed from the AE team ED would still be the property of AE for such and such a time if not indefinitly. Wheras with Elites, EpicDuel was still Epic Inventions LLC and not EpicDuel and Epic Inventions could have easily gone down without the support of the Elites.

Thats the point I'm getting at because we can see games here that are part of AE that are not really successes but yet they are still here so once EpicDuel was part of AE even if it tanked it still had a chance of sticking around as part of AE.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 160
2/23/2012 17:24:32   
Ranloth
Banned

I noticed gold, you missed my post. What no answer to that? It's like major point why Founder were awarded such an items yet you don't know what to say, again as I said it on page 5 as well. Nice one, miss points you can't reply to and repeat same thing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 161
2/23/2012 17:25:05   
Santa ClawZz

quote:

You are NOT supposed to be asking man, Founder Armor was just a Promotional item, it was Founder status that had the perks. Eggzokas, Founder Armor or Frostbane, they come and go, but my Founder status will always be a privilege and something I should get appreciation for, even if it's only a thank you every year.

quote:

P.S. not trying to win, but get my point across to where people go thru every excuse in the book to back up their argument.

I'm not using any excuse, I'm just pointing out your contradictions within your own sentences and standing up for the Founders legacy.

Removed flame baiting. ~Ashari

< Message edited by Ashari -- 2/23/2012 20:04:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 162
2/23/2012 17:27:15   
Joe10112

quote:

To stop every flaming when founders get rewards, everyone should receive 994 varium. With that said, all players will be 100% satisfied.

Derp.

Quest rewards much? You know, those low-level quest items? You gotta account for that :P
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 163
2/23/2012 17:30:22   
Goony
Constructive!

"You're Joking"

quote:

However, bringing down Alydriah’s citadel is worth the effort and the risk.

Maybe another map area... w00t

Wonders if downstairs to Ulysses workshop will open as well :)

Edit again: Hey Rabblefroth, did you have any luck coding the experience gains as it is pretty hard leveling?

< Message edited by Goony -- 2/23/2012 17:35:03 >
Epic  Post #: 164
2/23/2012 17:35:29   
goldslayer1

quote:

1. For what I know have you been whining the past 4-5 hours on that you dont get any "reward" when Founders do, so, you do ask for items.
2. I am pretty sure founders will keep getting rewards. That is the point with the Founder status (EVEN though what you say, I do not give a damn about it, since you have made up your mind and wont change it. And with your CAD attitude you only will keep going on with the same old contentions.) Just look at other games.

1) i dont recall me asking for any rewards.
2) good, then like i said, they will just keep getting pampered. (looks like it will be time for a diaper change soon)

lol CAD attitude? did u make that up, please define it for me.

quote:

the rest is your unwillingness to invest.

nope, incapability, i said i more than willing to do that. aren't u reading?

quote:

I noticed gold, you missed my post. What no answer to that? It's like major point why Founder were awarded such an items yet you don't know what to say, again as I said it on page 5 as well. Nice one, miss points you can't reply to and repeat same thing.

please quote, i keep hearing the same stuff that founder should get rewarded, that its hard to read thru it all. u know what i mean?

quote:

You are NOT supposed to be asking man, Founder Armor was just a Promotional item, it was Founder status that had the perks. Eggzokas, Founder Armor or Frostbane, they come and go, but my Founder status will always be a privilege and something I should get appreciation for, even if it's only a thank you every year

u did get appreciation for it, many times what more do u want? theres thousand of players who paid $50 although not in beta, they aren't getting the same "appreciation" and if u can settle for just a simple thank you, then my argument isn't with u. its with the founders that want more and more despite all that they gotten. and although ur not asking for more atm, ur still using ur so called "im a founder" card.

all it those is show arrogance when really u should be showing example.
what good does arrogant example do to the newer generation? ur suppose to set an example for them, instead u show them arrogance, and hunger for more (or greed) by using ur "status" its no wonder the community is headed down a dark path, we have too many people setting bad examples for others, and founder (not all of them) are a part of it.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 17:37:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 165
2/23/2012 17:38:18   
Ranloth
Banned

Must be hard to spot my posts, especially that blue colour that stands out. ;) Here.
AQ Epic  Post #: 166
2/23/2012 17:38:55   
Goony
Constructive!

@ Gold, Oh well, gives the community something else to whinge about other than balance... Is that a good thing?

On yah bike :p Ride fast or come last XD

< Message edited by Goony -- 2/23/2012 17:40:02 >
Epic  Post #: 167
2/23/2012 17:42:08   
goldslayer1

@trans,
u said page 5 right
i asume its this post.
i replied here

@G00NY
yeah good point. seems kinda boring to just talk about balance. specially when its crammed into a single thread.

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 17:44:03 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 168
2/23/2012 17:44:03   
Ranloth
Banned

4th maybe then, gold, but I gave a link in above post of mine, just click where it says "Here". It's near top of this page as well.
AQ Epic  Post #: 169
2/23/2012 17:45:21   
goldslayer1

@trans
can u link to it? cause idk what ur talking about, im pretty sure i replied.
ohh sorry, got the colors confuse. u see what u do?

< Message edited by goldslayer1 -- 2/23/2012 17:46:00 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 170
2/23/2012 17:45:53   
Ranloth
Banned

3rd post on this page.. -.- http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20102028
AQ Epic  Post #: 171
2/23/2012 17:50:42   
Santa ClawZz

@Gold

quote:

nope, incapability, i said i more than willing to do that. aren't u reading?

Well, incapability is a totally subjective matter and a problem of your's which doesn't involve other non-Founders and their unwillingness to invest.

quote:

u did get appreciation for it, many times what more do u want? theres thousand of players who paid $50 although not in beta, they aren't getting the same "appreciation"

I want it as many times as I'm offered it. If I can seize my chances, it makes me look strong and ambitious, something you seem to not know much of. There's hundreds who actually paid thousands not in beta, but they bought varium....I, speaking for many of the Founders, bought a status for which I will always be proud of and "appreciated" for. If it is a 'thank you', I'm good with it, but if it is a Founder Bike or 1k varium, I like it moar.

On another note, Founders asking for stuff, or receiving stuff as appreciation is just like the moderators' perks. We are special to the game, in our own way, like it or not. We will always get more appreciation because we put $$ in a time of need and even if some of us only put 50$ and nothing more, it still was very needed at the moment. Also, this time, developers are not so easy going, because they deny many of the Founder suggestions, before giving us a bike, which can't be as useful as a Founder Armor buff.
AQW Epic  Post #: 172
2/23/2012 17:54:58   
goldslayer1

@trans, thats not page 5 lol
quote:

Why is still going on if Cindy herself said that later supporters will be rewarded too but not in this week's update? Isn't that enough already?
Gold, I respect your opinion, but read others too and actually TAKE it in and try to counter it if possible? You're speaking to whole different perspective than few of the Founders here still active and on Forum. Go on "Way Back Machine" and get screenshots of AQ from 2002/2003. Now would you invest $100s to get Donation Items there which are perma-rare and similar to Founder items? Look at its graphics, it was plain 2-D game unlike ED made 6yrs later with PvP engine.
What you're trying to prove is Bike isn't supposed to be rewarded to us because we got too much. You're missing a lot of people's points, ignoring some posts, and not using common sense. It's ignorant, while you want others to listen to you.
If you can prove to me that ED had better Financial Stability back in 08/09 than it does now and that Founders and Elites didn't do much to help the game + don't deserve some sort of reward
(who says it must be constant rewarding, what if it's the last one and next will be kind of rewards everyone will get for supporting)? If you can explain to me how business works and that ED did better before the merge and all the payers came and put more money into the game - I will give you anything you want.

i lol when u said some sort of rewards, because theres a long list of things they gotten.
Elite: Payed like $20
unlimited varium for some certain amount of time (although promised by titan and nw, later promise was broken by AE)
Elite achievement, which gave alot of bragging rights ingame aswell as a huge boost to ratings which now give points to another system of bragging rights.

founder armor free
founder badge
Beta weapons free
more braggings rights as they had most cheevos in early beta (u know, back when cheevos didn't have their own pages and were put in by ur chars name?)
the strongest armor in the game for about 2 years.
1000 free varium for "player" appreciation day

now what founders got
Founders: payed $35-$50
founder armor free
founder badge
Beta weapons free
more braggings rights as they had most cheevos in early beta (u know, back when cheevos didn't have their own pages and were put in by ur chars name?)
the strongest armor in the game for about 2 years.
1000 free varium for "player" appreciation day

/BEGIN sarcasm
ur right trans, they didn't get enough we should totally give them MORE free stuff.
/End sarcasm
theres ur reply.
AQW Epic  Post #: 173
2/23/2012 17:57:24   
Ranloth
Banned

Didn't imply I wanted more, don't put words in my mouth. This is not reply but you're saying what are the advantages of Founder and how much we've gotten.
I want you to explain that point if you're really that good in proving people wrong (lolololol):
quote:

If you can prove to me that ED had better Financial Stability back in 08/09 than it does now and that Founders and Elites didn't do much to help the game + don't deserve some sort of reward (who says it must be constant rewarding, what if it's the last one and next will be kind of rewards everyone will get for supporting)? If you can explain to me how business works and that ED did better before the merge and all the payers came and put more money into the game - I will give you anything you want.
AQ Epic  Post #: 174
2/23/2012 18:05:50   
goldslayer1

quote:

don't put words in my mouth.

good then dont put words in my mouth, i never said they didn't help. they did, and they were already rewarded and heavily thanked for it on numerous occasions. but despite all the things they gotten, why more?

obviously it wasn't better before the merge because if titan and nw kept going, they would have probably gone bankrupt.
but just because they merged and all doesn't mean it was good either.

also, i dont want anything.
AQW Epic  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 22nd Design Notes - More Heartbreaks and broken items!
Page 7 of 18«<56789>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition