Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/29/2012 19:18:00   
Algorithm

^The thing is they shouldn't be discouraged from posting on the forums . . . They sure as hell weren't back in the old EDF. Point is they should know that this is the internet, and they are gonna have to deal with people who troll and what not. Btw guys is it really that hard to understand what Andy means lol :P?
Post #: 51
2/29/2012 19:22:23   
IsaiahtheMage

^Well that is actually true. This is the internet people will troll. If you can't deal with trolls you should not be on the net. I still find Andy's post to be discouraging though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/29/2012 19:23:50   
rej

I certainly hope there will be a few more missions in this next release... I would have to see the long chain of mission releases every week to break.

It is difficult to enjoy your cake when your pants are on fire.
~Dragon of Time
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
2/29/2012 19:24:34   
Stabilis

@algor

Definitely. He is arguing the disconnection between staff and the main source of connection, here, the forums. Also about how promotions in his opinion are negative due to the competition of power and damage.

He simply took his voice too far.
AQ Epic  Post #: 54
2/29/2012 19:34:52   
Lord Loss...

Lycus. Im sorry but andy has made alot of solid and good points about this game and those facts that u stated are not facts till proven 100% right. First of all if the devs are completely neutral thehn there should have been encoureging videos with "jokes" about giving varium for legion too.
now for the storyline, legion won the war and imediately they are betrayed by edgar who was a high ranking officer is cut in half and exiles are ready to strike. First of all i dont see exactly how legion wining afected them positively in the way the storyline is developing and if it was meant to develop this way, then what was the point of the war. Why not just make a cutscene or just a new territory with a few missions and new npcs.

As for the devs not coming here, thats just iresponsible if nothing else. They made the game, they run the game and u cant run the game apropriately if u dont interect with players on the forums where most of ED goes. the re are far less ppl following individual twitter accounts and facebook pages then on forums. And the first thing what i feel i must do to get info is to go on forums not twitter.
AQW Epic  Post #: 55
2/29/2012 19:44:10   
Question Mark?

quote:

Since we’ve concluded the Heartbreaker Saga, these missions will be going rare, as well as the Frysteland Aftermath missions, so now is the time to get those in if you haven’t done so already.

What? This is an essential part of the storyline! Why would you remove it? Future players will be unable to get important storyline parts, and many current players, me included, are not at the right level to complete the quests, no matter how many bombs we have. (I had 4, but used 3 on the Achievement quest because I'm nowhere near level 25 right now.) I honestly do not understand the reasoning behind making these rare, especially considering the major storyline implications and the fact that you are currently trying to get people more invested in the game. This seems like a confusing and possibly counterproductive move to me, but I could be wrong.
Cinderella, if you're here, could you PLEASE explain the reasoning behind removing these quests?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 56
2/29/2012 20:45:56   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

First off, let me start by saying that, on these forums, courtesy is given. This might be an issue of semantics and miscommunication with the terms "courtesy" and "respect," but I need to see an improvement from what I am seeing in this thread. Furthermore, we will no long toss around opinions and label them as "facts" nor will be continue to stray off topic and hi-jack this thread into one that centers upon the roles of the developers on the forums.

There are representatives that relay the intentions of the ED team, so there is some communication going on. Trying to force the notion that a specific team member must be active on the forums in a discourteous manner is where I draw the line. I have no qualms with anybody expressing that opinion and point of view and, in an ideal world, that would be the case. This is not, however an ideal world, and this situation is a two-way street. If you want specific staff members to be more active, telling them what their role in the company and calling them "irresponsible" is not the answer and is counterproductive in achieving your goal. While they are staff members and have certain responsibilities to the game they are developing, they are also humans with feelings. Telling them to "deal with it" and, at the same time, wanting their attention on the forums is contradictory and quite frankly disrespectful. No matter your opinion on whether they should be more active on the forums or not, taking it that far is out of line and inconsistent with Lord Barrius' Reminder About Courtesy. You don't not have to "respect" someone, but "courtesy" is required. Disrespect is against the ED Forum Rules and warnings will be handed out for violations of these rules.

If you disagree with anything I am saying, feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to discuss the matter with you. As for this thread, there will be no further discussion regarding the staff's roles on the forums. Let's get back on topic.

< Message edited by The Game -- 2/29/2012 20:47:31 >
AQ  Post #: 57
2/29/2012 20:56:18   
Cinderella
Always a Princess

@Question Mark- it's one of the issues with having story progression in real time. I want to have a feature that allows players to revisit or at the very least view synopses of past events, but nothing I can announce.
Post #: 58
2/29/2012 21:00:19   
goldslayer1

quote:

it's one of the issues with having story progression in real time. I want to have a feature that allows players to revisit or at the very least view synopses of past events, but nothing I can announce.

@cindy
in the mean time then, can u do this in the forums? perhaps on the Guide section.
i myself am not sure what the full story is.
AQW Epic  Post #: 59
2/29/2012 21:04:01   
Question Mark?

I see what you mean.
Thanks for answering.
I was quite concerned.
I am very optimistic about revisiting this event, or at the very least getting to watch that cutscene.
I know that other games have done event revisiting VERY successfully in the past. *cough* CityOfHeroes *cough*
As such, I thank you for your reply and hope that there we be the ability to get some kind of storyline information about this event either on the forums or in the game in the near future.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 60
2/29/2012 21:09:37   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

quote:

The balance changes for low-level Tech Mages seemed to work really well
Have you been self medicating? There is still an issue with defence ignoring, debuffs and criticals skills that skew the balance against level 1-5 Tech Mages.

Numbers don't lie, last week, all the classes had about a 45% win rate from levels 1-5. Previously mages were lagging far behind, at close to a 25% win rate. That's pretty successful right there.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 61
2/29/2012 21:11:35   
DeathGuard

@Ashari: Could you give us a list of the supposedly changes being done to Tech Mage class please? If we're given those changes, we might ask or like to give feedback about them since some of them may not be so useful when in-game, I know it will be tested but any help is always appreciated.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 2/29/2012 21:13:04 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
2/29/2012 21:15:21   
Question Mark?

A quick joke at all of our expenses, including my own:

Guard, asking the EpicDuel forums for balance feedback is like asking a starving pride of lions if you smell like steak sauce.
They will not just answer you, they will rend you limb from limb.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 63
2/29/2012 21:18:21   
ngshuyi94

Wow, sounds like a promising release.
To any mods, how about a rare leap-year cheevo in the cheevo shop or something?

Seven Stars - Seven Heaven
My Character Webpage! =D
http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=ngshuyi

Epic  Post #: 64
2/29/2012 21:20:51   
itsmejohn88

@ QUESTION MARK?

AGREE =)

< Message edited by itsmejohn88 -- 2/29/2012 21:22:16 >

whats done is done!
http://www.mechquest.com/mq-chardetail.asp?id=14054279
Post #: 65
2/29/2012 21:21:37   
Goony
Constructive!

@ Ashari, I stand corrected, nice one :)
But, how can all classes have a 45% ratio? While numbers may not lie, humans can, I would believe you more if you had of said TM is now at 45%, Mercs 50% and BH 55%. Since there are only 2 or 4 players the average ratio across all classes must be 50%. If it is not 50% then there is something wrong with your numbers...

@Death, I am hoping the balance changes may not be just about Tech Mages...

< Message edited by Goony -- 2/29/2012 23:20:57 >
Epic  Post #: 66
2/29/2012 21:33:54   
DeathGuard

^Agreed, some nerfs and buffs should take in an important part in the balance changes.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 67
2/29/2012 21:52:07   
One Winged Angel1357

I better get my butt in gear because my lv 19 has five heartcracker bombs( Here you go for proof) but I need six more levels to unload these puppies into something useful so I got a week ah doesn't seem to hard.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 68
2/29/2012 22:47:11   
AQWPlayer

Need a few minigames for St. Patrick's day...but it's not gonna happen
AQW  Post #: 69
3/1/2012 0:06:38   
SouL Prisoner

Hope leap year is celebrated with "CHEEVO" after all , that's the Best way to remember things in ED .

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
3/1/2012 0:25:26   
Colarndo

Well we got 3,000 ratings worth of cheevo from the heartbreaker saga.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
3/1/2012 1:53:56   
Ashari
Inconceivable!

quote:

@Ashari: Could you give us a list of the supposedly changes being done to Tech Mage class please? If we're given those changes, we might ask or like to give feedback about them since some of them may not be so useful when in-game, I know it will be tested but any help is always appreciated.

Tech Mage isn't being changed any more this week. Tactical Mercenaries and Cyber Hunters are the main culprits for imbalance at high levels so they're the focus. All the changes haven't been decided on or tested yet so I can't tell you everything that will happen yet, but I will say that Tactical Mercenaries will be losing Smoke Screen for Field Commander.

Mercenaries are also on the list to receive a new passive to replace Blood Shield, but that change won't make it in this week. There's not enough time for the team to art, animate, code and test a brand new skill unfortunately.

quote:

But, how can all classes have a 45% ratio?

At levels 1-5 you have a higher chance of facing a higher level opponent than a lower level one. That's why all the classes get below 50% at those level.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
3/1/2012 2:27:55   
Wraith

@Shari: TLM doesn't,t have Field Commander.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 73
3/1/2012 2:31:19   
Ranloth
Banned

@Wraith
TLMs will lose Smoke for Field Commander. So technically, they don't have it yet. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 74
3/1/2012 2:37:31   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

Tactical Mercenaries and Cyber Hunters are the main culprits for imbalance at high levels so they're the focus. All the changes haven't been decided on or tested yet so I can't tell you everything that will happen yet, but I will say that Tactical Mercenaries will be losing Smoke Screen for Field Commander.

Mercenaries are also on the list to receive a new passive to replace Blood Shield, but that change won't make it in this week. There's not enough time for the team to art, animate, code and test a brand new skill unfortunately.

lol , non varium players change to these classes with great difficulty , and after a week , the class loses its purpose for what they changed to that class . its pretty hard to earn every now and then , 50k.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition