Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/1/2012 10:37:43   
darky14

@IsaiahtheMage
Sarcasm. Look it up.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 101
3/1/2012 10:45:37   
IsaiahtheMage

@Void What are you talking about? @darky14 Oh you where being sarcastic. I should have known.
AQW Epic  Post #: 102
3/1/2012 11:06:38   
darky14

No worries, you can't see sarcasm through internet.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 103
3/1/2012 11:12:31   
8x

As long as CHs get nerfed too I'm happy with this balance update (I will stay TLM)

Epic  Post #: 104
3/1/2012 11:20:16   
Stabilis

quote:

@Void What are you talking about?

quote:

You posted:

@Ashari Really? Now we are gonna lose smoke? Great. I hope CHs have their SC massively nerfed then. Since we TLMs are getting a big nerf now! @darky14 It is a nerf. Field Commander is utterly useless at high levels thx to Azrael Bot. All buffs are useless at high lvls. Debuffs are nearly useless because of everyone having Rusted Assualt Bot but still. It cost a turn to debuff a debuff. Meaning a whole turn without taking any damage. While using Azrael Bot you will take damage and have your buff debuffed. Therefore this is a massive nerf to TLMs. So I'll be expecting CHs to get nerfed badly on their OPed Static Charge.

quote:

No Spam/Whining Threads (Posts included)
Please do not post in a thread unless you have something to add to the topic at hand. Do not post off-topic chatter, do not role play, and please make your post simple and easy to read by avoiding things like oversized font, unnecessary colors or all caps. In addition to refraining from spam, please refrain from creating threads with the sole purpose of complaining about things in the game, such as lag. Well-reasoned discussions will be permitted, as always, but threads that exist purely to complain and whine will not be allowed, as these threads are prime targets for flaming and trolling.

quote:

Show Courtesy and Respect to Others
The forums are made up of a very diverse cross-section of the global community. Accordingly, we ask you to remember that not everyone speaks English as a primary language. That not everyone has the same education. That not everyone is of the same race, ethnicity or religion. That not everyone will have the same opinion as you will. Treat each other with kindness, respect and tolerance, just as you would expect them to provide to you in turn. This is not a request. Any user who is deemed to be showing malicious posting behavior towards another member of the forum community will receive a minimum of a Warning. More significant consequences are possible depending on the severity of the post(s).

Now you could have taken this a whole other way. Isaiah is not a Cyber Hunter. You are a Tactical Mercenary. Without a drop of blood experience on my own class and fellow members, you will need review or interviewing with players of our class to begin having experience. You came out straight with an unpleasant recall to what will be proposed in the future. This followed by a nonconstructive statement to diminish Cyber Hunters. Static Charge is not an OP skill. Few dared to say so prior to the acquisition of Plasma Armour. Before further posting, you will need to gather as much information as possible to defend your argument. That is all, and is why I posted "Hater".
AQ Epic  Post #: 105
3/1/2012 11:46:31   
Ranloth
Banned

@8x
Yup they will, we just didn't get details on exact nerf. But I'm betting Plasma will stay just like Mineral does on TLM, so probably Malf will be gone and nerf to SC (maybe 3 turn cooldown and lower regen than nor OR making it passive, perhaps Energy BL so all builds have advantage of SC - not just Str).
Besides many people change for power, I have TLM and CH and my TLM already has new build for the change (Poison! :D) and CH will see what's gonna change and try to make one too.

Kinda pity creativity is coming back, so many people are unhappy. [/sarcasm] xD
AQ Epic  Post #: 106
3/1/2012 12:03:54   
Santa ClawZz

quote:

I do like how people are sat here complaining about staff not making it on here and instead using Twitter and Facebook. At the same time, you're demonstrating the exact reason why they don't come on here often. I tell you the facts, you tell me I'm wrong, it's exactly the same as if the Devs were here, they'd tell you exactly how things were, and you tell they're wrong. It's happened so many times before, and it still happens, yet you still don't get the idea. Many members on this forum don't treat Forum AK's or Mods with respect, many tell them that they are wrong, when they are just stating the facts, some even send them abusive PM's or post in a derogatory manor. If that's how you treat the forum staff, then I really do not blame the Devs from not wanting to intervene.

If you look at how this just went, I stated that:
Fact: The staff are not biased towards any side, it's just how the story line goes, Legion won the war fair and square, if the staff were biased, they didn't do a very good job of it. We run the game, if we really wanted one side to win, then they would have won, simple as that.
Fact: Buying a package every time there is a new promo is no compulsory, it is your choice, if you don't want it, then you don't have to get it. If you want all the latest items, then that is also your choice, we release them as an added bonus with the package, so you get something extra for your money, if you don't want that, then don't buy it.
Fact: When Charfade mentioned the whole Exile thing, she made it ever so clear it was just a joke, if you took it seriously, or want to take it seriously, then I advise strongly that you go to your local store and buy a sense of humor, because the context it was in really couldn't have made it any more obvious it wasn't meant seriously.
Fact: Last time the Devs tried to be active here, they just got spammed with questions, insults and flaming, when they couldn't answer every ones questions, they then got flamed more. Do you really think they enjoy going through that experience, and they want to be put through it over and over again? Because I don't think so.

Now each of those points, I have laid out exactly how they are, those are not opinions, they are facts, they can be argued, but no amount of arguing is going to change them at all. Cinderella is a Dev, she is in charge of Public Relations, and she does an amazing job of keeping everyone up to date, Ashari also tries very hard to do this, and Charfade always pops on when she has the time. We all have direct contact with each member of staff, so what we tell you will be precisely how it is, nothing else. Arguing with that is like me saying 'Planes can fly', and you arguing that I am completely wrong, when it obviously is true. The problem I have is it's always the same people every single time, a lot of the forum have learnt that we try our hardest to inform you, when we know about something, we'll post it here. That's why the bug process on the whole 'saving start position in home' bug was shared on here, not on twitter. Other bugs aren't usually as big as that, and they just get included on twitter, and then that is usually posted on here in this discussion or the staff information topic. What is said here is read by us, staff, while the Devs make the game. We pass information from the Devs to you, and from you to the Devs. You do have a direct link to the Devs, yet you insist that you don't. Over the past few months, no end of forum suggestions have been put in, many of the releases players have been saying how brilliant they are and that we're finally listening. Coincidentally, that just happened to be the time when the least flaming and arguing with staff went on, and the most constructive feedback was given. Now we're wandering back into the old realms of nonproductiveness, where you'll happily blame us for all the mistakes, when we've proven the onus is on you to behave. You behave, give good feedback respectively, we read more, we pass on more, more forum ideas used. It's as simple as that, by the way, that also was a 'Fact:', so don't even try arguing with it, because all the facts back up that fact, and once again, you'll be backing up everything I stated in this post, so before replying with the usual, I'd think about what you're typing.

Thank you!

Your long posts are boooring.

Your facts are wrong. Well some of them at least. You don't even call them facts at all. Charfade was joking about the reward thing, not her being an Exile fan, a very dedicated one. I have proof too, so don't try arguing with me. It's ok, I don't blame her or NW for being goodie-two-shoes on their own games, it's the reputation they have here that makes them biased. That there, is wrong. Not is it only bad business, it's bad for the Legion players and as Developers, they (by they, I mean they, not you, not the staff, the DEVELOPERS) need to be as "fair" as they can be. If that means keeping their true spirit inside them, good, because screaming EXILE!! in a livestream and re-tweeting Exile made vids is bad. Bad for a Legion player. A legion player that is willing to spend up to 1000$+ for an achievement/their side winning.

Another fact would be the developers being hated and harassed in forums. It's true, no argument on the fact part. They also have many followers and fans as seen in Twitter or Facebook. Also, as Algorithm stated before, it would be their duty to inform us, the players, on the progress of any major bug issue or that sort of thing (AT LEAST that). You might say we have Cinderella as a Public Relations representative....ok, I get it, I like it. Where was her post to inform us about the recent Leaderboard bug? Nightwraith made a whole thread just to inform people about a faction hack that happened to a certain faction and Cindy won't make a thread to inform us of a bug that is affecting us all and the progress on it? K

I do NOT mean you whatsoever. If you respond, I'd like you to speak in their name.

AQW Epic  Post #: 107
3/1/2012 12:24:09   
Rayman
Banned

Str tlm can low they str and add alot more dex and use fild commander it can be good.
AQW Epic  Post #: 108
3/1/2012 12:30:46   
Smackie El Frog

@ Rayman

That's not a solution at all. FC has the worst increase from stat points than any other buff skill. PLUS, with those changes to our stat point a while back it takes even more strength to increase your damage range. So TLM will get the weakest buff skill and lose their nerf skill??

If that's what balance is, I fear for all the Epic Duel classes.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 109
3/1/2012 12:49:23   
8x

quote:

FC has the worst increase from stat points than any other buff skill.

I think it got buffed some time ago:
quote:

Field Commander now scales by 1 Str every 2 levels (down from every 4.5 levels) and has had its base strength bonus increased by 2.
Epic  Post #: 110
3/1/2012 13:04:47   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Well, i'll be having my FC quite high, but staying with a tank, high gun and strike damage plus decent defences. If only for a few times, has to be better than none :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 111
3/1/2012 13:07:12   
Smackie El Frog

@ 8x

quote:

Field Commander: Increases your strength or an ally's strength during combat.
Energy Required:
Level 1: 11
Level 2: 12
Level 3: 13
Level 4: 14
Level 5: 15
Level 6: 16
Level 7: 17
Level 8: 18
Level 9: 19
Level 10: 20
Weapon Required: None
Stat Required:: None
Level Required: 2
Improves With: Support (+1 Strength gain at 22 Support; +1 Strength gain per 4 Support after)
Warm Up: 0
Cool Down: 1

quote:

Reflex Boost:Increases dexterity; converts 15% damage received into energy.
Energy Required:
Level 1: 12
Level 2: 13
Level 3: 14
Level 4: 15
Level 5: 16
Level 6: 17
Level 7: 18
Level 8: 19
Level 9: 20
Level 10: 21
Stat: None
Level Required: 5
Improves With: Support (+1 Dexterity at 19 Support; +1 Dexterity per 3 Support after)
Cool Down: 2

quote:

Technician: Improves technology of any allied character during combat. Improves with dexterity.
Energy Required:
Level 1: 9
Level 2: 10
Level 3: 11
Level 4: 12
Level 5: 13
Level 6: 14
Level 7: 15
Level 8: 16
Level 9: 17
Level 10: 18
Stat Required: None
Level Required: 2
Improves With: Dexterity (+1 Technology gained at 22 Dexterity; +1 Technology gained per 4 Dexterity after)
Cool Down: 1

When you look at these skills on the Epic Duel Wiki you can clearly see that FC is the worst out of them. It has the 2nd highest mana cost, ties for the highest amount of a stat for improvement and doesn't even do more than 2 things.

Reflex= Energy regain, more Blocks and less physical damage taken, improves skills that increase with dexterity, ie cheap shot (unblock able)
Technician= Better deflection rate, more bot damage, and less energy damage taken, improves skills that increase with technology, ie plasma rain (unblock able).
Field Commander= Primary does more damage, side arm does more damage, improves skills that increase with strength, but those skills are basically all block able outside of massacre and firebolt. Which, those 2 skills would only improve in 2v2 since neither of those classes have FC.

Its clear as day that TLM are getting the shaft...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 112
3/1/2012 13:16:07   
IsaiahtheMage

quote:

Now you could have taken this a whole other way. Isaiah is not a Cyber Hunter. You are a Tactical Mercenary. Without a drop of blood experience on my own class and fellow members, you will need review or interviewing with players of our class to begin having experience. You came out straight with an unpleasant recall to what will be proposed in the future. This followed by a nonconstructive statement to diminish Cyber Hunters. Static Charge is not an OP skill. Few dared to say so prior to the acquisition of Plasma Armour. Before further posting, you will need to gather as much information as possible to defend your argument. That is all, and is why I posted "Hater".

Nope. Static Charge is OP combined with Plasma Armor. That is a fact. You can regain 23 energy from 9 damage. Or 20 energy from 3 damage! That is OP. If you do not think that then you are either joking or know it and like being OP. Or for some random unknown reason you honestly don't think it is OP which I find very hard to believe. CHs are OP as simple as that anyone who says other wise either is joking,knows it and likes being OP or clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

@Smackie El Frog 100% correct.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 3/1/2012 13:21:48 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 113
3/1/2012 13:28:58   
Calogero

quote:

If you do not think that then you are either joking or know it and like being OP

I remember a time that you didn't want a nerf for TLM eather...

Having a Signature is too mainstream
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
3/1/2012 13:32:34   
IsaiahtheMage

@andy123 Because I was suggesting buffs at that time. And I was sick of getting nerfed I knew we TLMs where OP and I suggested making everyone OP then. So then no one would be OP. But now I can see that plan will never happen. So now I'm just gonna side with nerfing instead of buffing now since my idea will never happen. So since we TLMs are OP ok nerf us and nerf CHs aswell. But do not destroy us like this update will do. Without smoke we will be the only class without a debuff skill and have the weakest buff skill! That is messed up.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 3/1/2012 13:33:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 115
3/1/2012 13:36:03   
Zeoth

Read trans post on page 28 for an explanation. It makes sense after
Post #: 116
3/1/2012 14:10:10   
Wraith

LOLOLOLOL

Directed at TLMs.

After 8 months of OPed ness and beating up on CHs, you get nerfed. You cry like a baby. You deny CH the right t compete fairly, even if for a few months.

Then before CH, you guys were the ones demanding that TLM not be nerfed.

Can I lol harder?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 117
3/1/2012 14:27:49   
Zeoth

Yes you can ^^ I think you should and besides Ch could compete before
Post #: 118
3/1/2012 14:30:28   
IsaiahtheMage

@Zeoth What are you talking about? @Wraith CHs aren't competing fairly they are OP. The strongest class so far with us TLMs second. CHs need to be nerfed. They are OP hardcore fact.
AQW Epic  Post #: 119
3/1/2012 14:41:50   
Zeoth

And they were considered UP before that armor. Quit complaining
Post #: 120
3/1/2012 15:00:28   
Stabilis

quote:

Nope. Static Charge is OP combined with Plasma Armor. That is a fact.

So you are saying that the synergy is OP, no? Then we should remove Plasma Armour, yes?

quote:

You can regain 23 energy from 9 damage. Or 20 energy from 3 damage! That is OP.

Let us use your instance in a Static Charge calculation, shall we? We will assume that since you are in level range of the level cap, that the player was a level 34. His/her Primary damage could be as high as 35 damage, but we will say 34. We will also assume that they use a max Static Charge level at 44% since they want that much energy in the first place.

23 Energy = (34 + n) * 0.44

34 + n = 23 / 0.44

n = 53 - 34

Since n = 19

Therefore, the minimum base Strength range of this player is 19-23 damage. This Cyber Hunter needs a minimum of 82 Strength for this instance to be valid. The only players possible of achieving this amount of Strength damage is a Strength abuser or Focus player. Not only that, but you said that he/she dealt 9 damage. 53 minimum damage - 9 = 44. Therefore, the target of the Static Charge had a defense or resistance in range of 44 points. You call that OP? What up. When has 9 damage and 23 energy not included a ludicrous defense or resistance? From this information it is clear that the damage was worth the energy... and because of this the Static Charge is officially not OP due to the restraints of damage VS. shielding.

quote:

If you do not think that then you are either joking or know it and like being OP. Or for some random unknown reason you honestly don't think it is OP which I find very hard to believe. CHs are OP as simple as that anyone who says other wise either is joking,knows it and likes being OP or clearly doesn't know what they are talking about.

I have nothing more to say, please use courtesy in your future messages. I agree that Cyber Hunters are powerful, but there is more ways than 1 to skin a clown.
AQ Epic  Post #: 121
3/1/2012 15:00:32   
One Winged Angel1357

Someone has some great logic here.
quote:

@darky14 It is a nerf. Field Commander is utterly useless at high levels thx to Azrael Bot. All buffs are useless at high lvls. Debuffs are nearly useless because of everyone having Rusted Assualt Bot

You complaining about trading a useless skill for a useless skill that is called a lateral move not a nerf. Also Varium have Azrael Bot F2P's do not and F2P's have Rusty while most Varium do not use it so you are just going back to beating on F2P's like you did before Rusty came out so what is the problem here.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 122
3/1/2012 15:14:58   
IsaiahtheMage

@Zeoth Yes the synergy or whatever its called between Plasma Armor and Static Charge is why they are OP. I won't stop speaking my opinions until they do something about this. @Void Then it was a bug. But I know I saw a CH regain 23 energy from 9 damage. @OWA Smoke Screen isn't useless. I said it was nearly useless but it still has more value then FC. Especially against NPCs. Did you even bother to read what I said beyond that part of the post? Besides not everyone has Rusted Assualt Bot.

< Message edited by IsaiahtheMage -- 3/1/2012 15:16:14 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 123
3/1/2012 15:18:12   
Stabilis

quote:

Then it was a bug.

That was not a bug. It is perfectly relative and concedes the skill logic. You may have seen a Cyber Hunter gain 23 energy from a static charge and only do 9 damage to health, but his target had around 40-50 defense or resistance.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 3/1/2012 15:20:49 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 124
3/1/2012 15:19:50   
IsaiahtheMage

@Void Oh I couldn't tell whether you where agreeing or disagreeing with me. So I guess it isn't a bug then.
AQW Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Feb 29th Design Notes - Leap Day
Page 5 of 10«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition