Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Leaving ally in 2vs2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Leaving ally in 2vs2
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/9/2012 11:07:16   
BlueKatz

Ok this is a problem that should be fixed. Today I do some 1vs and accidentally click 2vs2 so I thought to myself "Oh well" then I appear in a 2vs2 where my ally say "Oh miss click 2vs2" and disappear...

>.> how convenient

So what do you guys think about this? I think the solution is extremely simple though...

spoiler:

When your ally leave you will be able to control the leftover ally's character
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
3/9/2012 11:09:08   
3 Vandoren

This happens to me a lot, and I think that would be a perfect solution to the problem. It gets pretty annoying.
Post #: 2
3/9/2012 11:13:37   
midnight assassin

Supported but I fear that many might not support this idea.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 3/9/2012 11:15:47 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
3/9/2012 11:31:54   
Stabilis

So do they disconnect as usual, if so then does the character become an imitation?

It could mean that the server capacity will be holding up to 500 more characters. Are we cool with that?
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
3/9/2012 11:34:26   
Retrosaur

@above
Very true. It could overload the server and create massive lag, something most players on ED aren't very fond of.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
3/9/2012 11:36:06   
Lord Nub

I support it but it's just not feasible.

They can't even do the simplest of things because of "coding" issues so I doubt they would ever get something like that implemented.

Doing something about battle fails and disconnects would be a great start though. I know when I have a battle fail it happens almost instantaneously which leaves me wondering why they don't give you a few more seconds to allow your character to load or whatever the case may be.

@Below,

Have you heard anything the developers have said about anything? Always boils down to coding, even the simplest of things. If they change one thing they have to go back and change everything is what it sounds like to me. It's like a jenga puzzle, everything is built upon the previous block, remove that block and it all falls down.

< Message edited by Lord Nub -- 3/9/2012 11:53:40 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
3/9/2012 11:49:16   
BlueKatz

Since the server will take data from 3 players instead of 4 so it will be 25% less laggy

I'm curious about the coding possible though, but I play some mini Multiplayers Flash game (the Tank game as an example) and when someone leave the other can take control over that one so I don't think it's that hard to do
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/9/2012 12:48:35   
IsaiahtheMage

Agreed.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
3/9/2012 13:08:41   
Algorithm

@BlueKatz when a client disconnects, the server automatically executes a code for that particular event. Meaning no matter where you are disconnected from (2v2 battle or not), the server handles that event the same. I'm sure there are other ways to fix this particular issue(Without re-writing the code to execute the event differently, that could have a nasty outcome). For example, if your opponent gets the battle failed to start message his/her client failed to load the battle assets in time this could be adjusted by increasing the time limit of the asset fail timer. Even though they can't increase it by much, a couple of seconds more won't hurt anybody (if I remember correctly it's still 18 seconds).

Their are a lot of factors that contribute to lag, one would be as many notice the amount of players online. The more players online, the more request the server has to parse. If the server is to allow that character to stay, even though it's been disconnected you'll definitely see lag like you never have before (Mainly due to the fact, people are running from 2v2 battles all the time the server would have 100s of characters to keep alive).
Post #: 9
3/9/2012 17:21:48   
Slayernator

Instead of controlling your allies character, why don't they just let you have tow turns instead???

My Herosmash Character
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
3/9/2012 17:30:15   
Lord Nub

^ Then the 1 has a major advantage when the 2v1 isn't really 2v1 such as partner not taking turns or a nub that can't hit more than 3 damage even with rage...
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
3/9/2012 22:26:03   
SouL Prisoner

supported. but it wont happen , "to hard" and a nightmare to code, creating tons of new probs.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
3/9/2012 22:37:28   
liy010

Go Juggernaut in 2vs2.

Problem Solved
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
3/9/2012 22:44:40   
SouL Prisoner

^ Only if ur level 34 and ur opponents are below lvl 31 .
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
3/9/2012 23:17:58   
  RabbleFroth

A better solution is getting people to not leave mid-battle.

As far as people mentioning coding this, it's not only that, it's getting the server to transfer the player state to someone else who shouldn't have access to that person's information, and controlling a player they also shouldn't have access to. Major potential for hacking exploits? Absolutely. Also a matter of handling UI/permission issues. Yes it would be complicated under the current server architecture, if not impossible based on the exploit prevention limitations built into the system. Probably not a good idea to circumvent these so that you don't experience a loss every now and then.
Post #: 15
3/9/2012 23:26:36   
SouL Prisoner

^ Yup agreed.

Imagine ur controlling a player , and the player whom ur controlling comes back online and he does 2v2, lol the player would be there in 2 different fights.

and then what happens to win??? thought about it??? i mean the person controlling wins. then does the player who was controlled , will he get the win???

and what if the players keep leaving battles and again keep doing 2v2 , lol he would fight many battles at once and even get wins , without working for it.

so over all not a "workable" idea.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
3/9/2012 23:57:24   
Zeruphantom

quote:

Go Juggernaut in 2vs2.

Problem Solved

*ahem* not everyone is lvl 34 or has varium gear (looks at himself).
It wouldn't seem convenient anyway. What if your partner is the strong one and he leaves for no apparent reason, or if the game lags?
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
3/10/2012 2:03:54   
friend18

My partner left me, before even making a move, in around 14 of the last 22 rounds. 18 partners left their teammates in those rounds.

This was about an hour ago. I think it's just that kids are on late at night and quit when their parents tell them to.

What makes me annoyed is the fact that a round takes around 4 minutes... If they can't spare 4 minutes to finish the round, it's ridiculous.

I can't think of a solution to the problem, but it would be great if the remaining player does not get penalized... I'm maintaining around a
66.66% win ratio in 2 v 2, and the majority of my losses come from my partner quitting on me. The rest of my losses are usually when the
other team gets to strike first and ends up taking out a teammate within the first turn (so it ends up being 2 v 1) or when the level difference
is too great (or a Varium player is playing).
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
3/10/2012 8:26:21   
AQWPlayer

quote:

What makes me annoyed is the fact that a round takes around 4 minutes... If they can't spare 4 minutes to finish the round, it's ridiculous.

Indeed it is ridiculous that noob parents can't even wait for 4 minutes.
AQW  Post #: 19
3/10/2012 9:03:00   
liy010

Ahem.

This is what meat shields are for ^.^

My partner got killed in 2 shots flat by a Bunker+Plasma Cannon (He had was going to have the last move)

I saved teh day by killing a Level 29 and a Level 31 (Got 3 blocks, one was Rage)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
3/10/2012 12:08:25   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@friend If your partner leaves before anyone makes a move then it's because their battle failed to start. I have often ran into the same guy who left the battle repeatedly so chances are that he isn't a super speed typer who can manage to log in within seconds of running from a battle to be in my very next battle(note these situations took place in 1vs1 but still apply in 2vs2)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
3/10/2012 12:17:40   
nico0las

Agreed with Soulprisner. It could be done, but it's a nightmare to code all of that. Plus, the player who left won't be able to log in again until after the battle, seeing as you can't fight two battles at once.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
3/10/2012 12:25:04   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@nic Does no one listen to Rabble? He specifically said he wasn't going to do it because of the fact that it would be exploited and cause security issues. Would you like losing your account because your battle didn't load?
quote:

Major potential for hacking exploits? Absolutely.

quote:

Probably not a good idea to circumvent these so that you don't experience a loss every now and then.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
3/10/2012 12:37:34   
Luna_moonraider

blues idea word certainly solve the problem of dcing faction mate. E.g. i vs a faction mate my faction mate run to save time but it does not work because blues idea allows enemy to control dced char. there alot of problems in 2v2 most 2v2 faction dc when they see a faction mate on the other side. this a major issue and yet the devs are still not fixing it it can easily be fixed by putting a faction filter eg u r from a certin faction u cannot meet your faction mate in 1v1 and 2v2. or u cannot vs them but they can still be your partner. dcing has always been a big problem in 2v2 idk how it can be solved but every1 will dc at least once due to internet giving problem or a random bug. do hope the devs find a good solution to the dcing problem in 2v2. it takes time to come out with a solution i know every has been waiting for it since alpha. no pressure devs just take your own sweet time *cough* or maybe forever *cough* and tackle balance problems first.

AQW Epic  Post #: 24
3/10/2012 19:16:15   
Emptiness

Simple solution, just don't show any loses for 2vs2 or 1vs1 therefore no one would complain at all and wouldn't get frustrated from an unfair loss.
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Leaving ally in 2vs2
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition