Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Leveling Curve Revamp

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Leveling Curve Revamp
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/13/2012 23:36:31   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

My apologies on my first post on this thread. I added different trains of thought. With the graph, there should be a base percentage used for each level. And once level take place, then add base percent + a micro percent. In regard to effort, getting from level 1-10 should be a progressive equal from getting to 20-30. By doing this, it will be an even diagonal with a slow even uphill climb. Leveling should be a journey and not a chore. Early levels are fun because you can level quickly to obtain stat points and skill, but lack experience in how to use them. But from 33 to 34, it is a steep climb that is very tiring. The calculations should be based on a non-varium formula with their weapons. Leveling from 30-34 is an extremely difficult task which wears players out who do not have advantages of varium players. Having a nice balance on both sides will be a more enjoying experience.

< Message edited by JZaanu -- 3/13/2012 23:38:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
3/13/2012 23:50:21   
Goony
Constructive!

@ Basicball, the blue one looks good ;)
Epic  Post #: 27
3/14/2012 1:14:53   
Xendran

Lower that exponent.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 28
3/14/2012 4:42:14   
BlueKatz

Ok how will this work exactly? Will the stat be as high as Mjolnir or Mjolnir will be lowered?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
3/14/2012 6:02:43   
Ranloth
Banned

@BlueKat
It's variable at different levels. If weapon gets more stat poibts than it should, it'll have less damage in return. 1 damage = +4 stat points so it could stay if it dealt less damage but there'll be limits so weapons won't be used at Lvl 34, like Mjolnir is now or Caden's Wraith for their stats only.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
3/14/2012 6:21:22   
Drianx

Nice, it is never too late for this... although this was badly needed since the beginning.
Anyway, I hope you fix the prices for lower level equipment too. It is absurd for a full set lv25 to cost way more than a lv25 player can get up to that level, without previously spending on anything.
AQW Epic  Post #: 31
3/14/2012 8:54:15   
Sparticus

I would have loved to last longer at lower levels. I'd like to make those levels longer by far and leave the higher levels as is. Don't lower the end of the curve, raise the start.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
3/14/2012 10:47:33   
midnight assassin

Wait a minute. Thus this mean lvl 30-31 will be at the bottom of the food chain? I mean since leveling up to 26-29 will be harder, the chance of a lvl 30-31 to fight in a lvl 34(majority in 2v2) will be significantly higher. I have a bad feeling on this actually although I've wanted this to be implemented since gamma.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 33
3/14/2012 12:56:16   
Remorse

Great Idea,

I have found many unfair wepons which dont make sence.
Epic  Post #: 34
3/14/2012 14:25:41   
  RabbleFroth

Basicball, thanks for taking the time to plan out some new curves.

Unfortunately, the problem with the curves you presented is that it would take nearly 3x as long to reach level 10 and more than 4x as long to reach level 25 as it does currently. One goal with this was to not change it so drastically that the early levels take significantly longer to get through. If someone wants to play casually, they should be able to hit at least level 15 or so without too much trouble. Our new curve may not look that different, but the change is a bit larger than you might expect without placing a massive burden on new players. We're pretty happy with what we came up with.

As far as specific items like Mjolnir, they pretty much need to be nerfed a bit. We want weapons to be options, and when a single item is simply the best you can buy for more than a few levels, we've only really provided 1 option.

Secondly, there will be a deliberate tradeoff between damage and stats on each weapon. If you want DAMAGE, you can take those high-damage weapons, or you can choose to sacrifice some damage for more stats, which gives you OPTIONS in your build.

EDIT: As a sidenote, we're not really sure what will make it out in this release. The leveling stuff is nearly ready to go, but the weapon rebalance is going to take quite a bit of time (there are a lot of them after all :P). We might do it in phases, or wait until it's all ready and deploy it in one go.

< Message edited by RabbleFroth -- 3/14/2012 14:28:38 >
Post #: 35
3/14/2012 14:30:52   
Basicball

^True, though I must say I personally support my yellow/green curve. the blue one is there bacause people requested a flatter curve.

anyway, it's all up to you, right? n.n
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
3/14/2012 14:35:06   
Ranloth
Banned

I'd say take your time and balance them all, Rabble, it'll help you avoid any mistakes and be worth for everyone just in case they get weapon with better stats and find out their old weapon is as strong or suits them better. :P
AQ Epic  Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Leveling Curve Revamp
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition