Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Ingame behaviour

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Ingame behaviour
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/8/2012 8:07:41   
Orian

I, Fangmor/orian, hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow players, even in times of aggression and hatred.
I acknowledge that I am only human, and therefore have also spoken insensitively to others when I have been at my lowest points of self-control. Knowing that, I shall not judge those who speak harshly to me, but also to not fuel the aggression by responding to fire with fire. If I am not able to speak politely or with kindness, I shall choose to be silent in my efforts to avoid instigating any conflicts.
I will support people with kindness, helpfulness, and love towards others, in order to further the most wonderful kind of human behavior.
I will try to delve deep down inside myself to forgive those who harm others and act abusively, including forgiving myself if I should falter in my pledge.
I will not be judgmental of another person's behavior, but only in supporting the grand scope of all friendly interactions, in order to make the game experience enjoyable for everyone.
As a subject to my fellow humans, I make this pledge. Believe.

Even at time some level 34s rage bout others healing

< Message edited by Orian -- 4/8/2012 18:22:24 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 26
4/8/2012 9:04:43   
Wraith

I, Wraith, hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow wraith, even in the face of aggression and harsh accusations.
I acknowledge that I am only a wraith, and have therefore also spoken aggressively to others when I have been at my lowest points in self-control. With that knowledge, I shall not judge those who speak harshly to me, and also to not fuel the aggression by responding to fire by fire. If I am not able to speak politely or with kindness, I shall choose to be silent in my efforts to not instigate any conflicts.
I will support fellow wraiths with kindness, helpfulness and love towards others, in order to further the most wonderful kind of wraith behavior.
I will try to see deep down inside myself to forgive those who harm others and act abusively to them, including forgiving myself if I should falter in my pledge.
I will not be judgmental of another wraith's behavior, but only in supporting the sum of friendly interactions, in order to make the game experience enjoyable for everywraith.
As a wraith to my fellow wraiths, I make this pledge.

Modified it to be slightly more accurate :P

< Message edited by Wraith -- 4/8/2012 9:34:30 >

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 27
4/8/2012 10:18:36   
MrBones

I have created a new character out of boredoom and to have a glipse at the new leveling curve and gear prices.

Let me tell you that the lower levels are alot ruder than the pros. I just couldnt believe the things I heard form level 1 to 20.

We need to get them to behave from the start because by level 34 it is too late.

I am kind of a big deal, so don't act like you're not impressed.
- Abraham Lincoln
Epic  Post #: 28
4/8/2012 10:23:38   
drinde

quote:

The people who, including myself have submitted themselves to making EP a better place are currently:

You mean ED?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 29
4/8/2012 11:02:41   
stevns22

What???? You mean to say that the game name is NOT Edic Puel???? lol

Thx for the heads up - i corrected the error

And to those of you who have joined in on this - You all have my deepest respect. Just commiting your self to making your actions a little bit kinder and a bit more caring is a tremendous thing of which i think there is imense value. I my mind and my heart, you have all earned the title of being called great people - you are true everyday heroes to me.
True heroism is taking up the battle with ones own bad habbits, and making an effort to become a bit more caring every day.
To all of you heros i bow my head in respect and awe.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
4/8/2012 11:48:25   
Stabilis

quote:

quote:

I, INSERT NAME HERE, hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow players, even in times of aggression and hatred.
I acknowledge that I am only human, and therefore have also spoken insensitively to others when I have been at my lowest points of self-control. Knowing that, I shall not judge those who speak harshly to me, but also to not fuel the aggression by responding to fire with fire. If I am not able to speak politely or with kindness, I shall choose to be silent in my efforts to avoid instigating any conflicts.
I will support people with kindness, helpfulness, and love towards others, in order to further the most wonderful kind of human behavior.
I will try to delve deep down inside myself to forgive those who harm others and act abusively, including forgiving myself if I should falter in my pledge.
I will not be judgmental of another person's behavior, but only in supporting the grand scope of all friendly interactions, in order to make the game experience enjoyable for everyone.

Looks like I skimmed some parts, here is the final version.

I had some errors left behind but this is the good copy, if you want to edit this in please. Thanks. DV of the pledge.
AQ Epic  Post #: 31
4/8/2012 13:55:51   
Celestine
Constructive!

I will take the pledge, but I don't feel it's necessary. Speaking from a view when we're no longer playing ED, it is common courtesy to respect others and expect the same amount of respect back. Unfortunately what differs real life from the game is that we don't know who the persecutor is. This allows them to get easily away with harassing and bullying others. Why? Because they don't know how their actions might affect the other person. They are still at fault here, but that is just how they see it.

The important thing is how you respond to it. Of course you may want to report it if you feel that it warrants some type of warning or punishment. If not, I would simply ignore it. The persecutor is 99% of the time someone who doesn't know you in any possible way, so don't let it get to you. The amount of disrespect within the game may increase, decrease, etc. but it won't cease to exist. Therefore, the two best reactions I would suggest are ignore or report it.

I, Celestine, hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow players, even in times of aggression and hatred.
DF Epic  Post #: 32
4/8/2012 14:29:18   
Fay Beeee

Sorry, I think I should explain why I did not take the pledge.

It is my tenet already.
Even though this is a game, it is also a community and therefore everyone deserves respect. If people abuse my respect, I will deal with them on a personal scale, as my first option and then use the available tools to report. This also holds if I see them abusing others. But all that know me, know this and those that do not, soon find out. lol

However, I think this is a good thread to have, as it will remind others how to act, game or not.

Epic  Post #: 33
4/8/2012 14:35:42   
ScarletReaper

^same for me. As I said, I am nice to people untill they give me reason not to be. But I won't pledge because if they start it, I finish it.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 34
4/9/2012 0:16:59   
SoraXRoxas

Just because I did not want to be in his faction some guy says that I am gey.I told him I was in Legit and I was doing good,but he still insulted me.

< Message edited by SoraXRoxas -- 4/9/2012 0:22:08 >
Post #: 35
4/9/2012 5:03:02   
Necromantres

I Necromantres hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow players, even in the face of aggresion and harsh accusations.
I acknowledge that i am only human, and have therefore also spoken agresively to others when i have been in a weak state of mind. With that knowledge i shall not judge those who speak harshly to me, but not fuel the agression by answering harshness with harshness. If i am not able to speak politely or with kindness, i shall choose to not answering in order to minimize the agression.
I will support and praise people who act with kindness, helpfulness and courtesy towards others, in order to further that kind of behaviour.
I will try and find it in my heart to forgive those who abuse others and speak harshly to them, including forgiving myself if i should falter in my pledge.
I will not act as a moral police of others behavior, but only support the sum of friendly interactions, in order to make the game experience enjoyable to everyone.
As a human to my fellow humans, i make this pledge.

Greetings From Romania
Epic  Post #: 36
4/9/2012 13:24:39   
SoraXRoxas

I SoraXRoxas hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow players, even in times of aggression and hatred.
As a subject to my fellow humans, I make this pledge. Believe it.
Post #: 37
4/9/2012 13:35:19   
rayniedays56

I shouldn't need to say this, as I am nice to everyone.. (a lot of people who battled will say I have a nice view on life! :D) but..I wanna say the pledge anyway cause imma good sport! :)

I, Amber Rayne, hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow players, even in times of aggression and hatred.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
4/9/2012 18:00:56   
Shadronica

Agree wholeheartedly with what Fay Bee said above.

Anyone who knows me also knows that I will treat them with mutual respect. However, if someone is consistently abusive they will find themselves dealing with the long arm of the Law.

Offering people advice when they have not asked for it is usually viewed as condescending and inflammatory.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 39
4/9/2012 18:16:03   
Stabilis

quote:

Anyone who knows me also knows that I will treat them with mutual respect. However, if someone is consistently abusive they will find themselves dealing with the long arm of the Law.

It is good that you try to be equivocal to all persons... although, the law and punishment half is not being forgiving at all.

quote:

Offering people advice when they have not asked for it is usually viewed as condescending and inflammatory.

Its really how you view advice, if you get stung from receiving advice, that would be a pride issue, that being given knowledge is below you and that makes you mad.

I want to rename myself the guru. But Oe is a good name in my opinion.
AQ Epic  Post #: 40
4/9/2012 19:27:45   
Shadronica

^ Void. If you feel compelled to give someone advice you should first ask them if they would like a small tip that might be able to help them.

Since I ran a full non varium faction in January 2010 I spent a great deal of my time helping people with their builds. ;)
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 41
4/9/2012 19:39:50   
midnight assassin

I Midnight Assassin/midnight striker hereby submit myself to speak politely to my fellow players, even in times of aggression and hatred.
As a subject to my fellow humans, I make this pledge. Believe it.

I'm not perfect so sometimes I might violate so I'm going to practice. But no ones perfect so why practice? Nah anyway gl to me going to try my best.

< Message edited by midnight assassin -- 4/9/2012 22:47:59 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
4/9/2012 19:49:32   
Stabilis

quote:

Ask them

I would say, that that depends on the gravity of the topic. Sometimes you need to tell people not to curse at others right away, while sometimes you need to tell them how to achieve officer rank after they are done chatting with their friend.

That is courtesy.
AQ Epic  Post #: 43
4/9/2012 20:14:32   
Shadronica

^ Sorry Void I was talking about telling complete strangers what they should do with their builds/strategy in battle. It can be viewed as antagonistic if it is not done in a nice manner.

When it comes to your friends or faction members it is simply up to you as to how you wish to treat them. If you aren't nice about it they will ignore you or leave your faction. Plain and simple. Treat others as you wish to be treated yourself.

You see I also have a faction with Dragonwawa and Firewawa in it and I am more than sure they have been asked to join many good factions however, they trust and respect me and that is why they have remained in my faction.

I have no qualms in reporting repeated offenders. If people are continually abusive then they need to be pulled into line by the admin.

< Message edited by Shadronica -- 4/9/2012 20:21:45 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
4/10/2012 0:45:33   
Ez_Ease

This is a great thread, and like some of the others there is no need for me to sign.
While I do not mind helping others to be better, it is not my place or anyone else place to change
another behavior or action. Some will change and some wont that is just a simple fact of life.
In life there are easy lessons and hard lesson, I am one of those who deals in the hard lesson,
the guy you dont want to meet or make angry. I wont start anything but I enjoy in finishing it.

As the late Michael Jackson sang in his song "Man in the mirror" change starts with each of us or
as the Bible says First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove
the speck from your brothers eye.

All that being said I just ignor or report if it crosses the color line!
Epic  Post #: 45
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Ingame behaviour
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition