Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Ultimate Nostalgia Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Ultimate Nostalgia Thread
Page 9 of 11«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/17/2013 11:02:34   
Exyo

Well for me, it all started back in February 2009, I made my first EpicDuel character. He was a Mercenary of the name captiandeath. Back then this game was super fun and amazing for those who were not there to experience it. Mercenaries had a skill called "Iron Skin" the equivalent of TLM's Mineral Armor. Back then this game was actually balanced, all classes could win no matter what, granted Mercs were overpowered when we figured out the overused Tank Build. But it was fun, the 1v1 leader was JollyGreenGiant, he was on top with like 360 1v1 wins, which back then, was alot. The level cap I believe when I joined was 20. Then it jumped to 23, and a month later to 25.

This is when the real fun started, OP SuperCharge builds. Oh my god I remember the days, someone with a Apprentice Staff and some sidearm could wipe anyone. This infamous build was created by Chaos1x, he was my first EpicDuel friend. Me and him started off by boosting with each other and getting free wins off each other, which back then wasn't against the rules and was very easy to complete. They had a small button that said "Run Away" exiting from the match. anyways, back to the build. Max super charge with reroute and health boosters, I could easily do 90-130 damage with SuperCharge. This got nerfed within like 3 weeks but still, this was the most OP thing ever in Epic Duel history. Eventually we all got the message about the merge with AE (Artix Entertainment) and a lot of us were sorely disappointed (and some still are). But the thing we flipped about, was the banish of EpicDuel forums. The forums were the good 'ol days, the wondrous flame wars and amazing Mods.

After the merge happened, all of us original EpicDuel players got weapons call "Alpha", for being the first players to test EpicDuel, and right before the merge, we were offered to make a One-Time payment to last us forever and told that something big was coming. All excited, we bout it and got Elite status, giving us free Founder/Beta items and unlimited varium for about 1 week. After the unlimited went away, we were very confused and wanted a refund, the Devs screwed us over and only gave us 1k varium, lasting for about 2 items. Nevertheless, EpicDuel still found someway into my wallet so I bought varium. When the first Promotional Weapons were released, I believe they were the Bunnies (Bunny Zookas). Back then, promotional items only cost like 20$ in varium package compared to now 10k or $49.95. So I bought those, they were the best upgrade ever, 2 Auxillaries at level 25 and level 30 for only 20$, amazing. Not to mention they look amazing. So that went by and then Winter arrived, oh the first winter, more money left my pocket. And why? Because of the best looking weapon in game.... did you guess? Frostbane! This weapon probably made more money than any other weapons, or more purchases at least. I bought it the day it came out, the skull with frost along the light perfect blue blade, man I love it still to this day.

After Winter, came the release of my personal favorite testing phase, Gamma. I loved Gamma because of the class changes and bots, oh sweet Gamma Bot.During this phase, 5 focus ruled everything, specifically Mercenary. I believe as a Mercenary in Gamma, my win/loss ratio was 96%, which is ridiculous, considering my Omega W/L is like 60%. The Gamma upgrade package came with a Gamma Bot, and a Gamma Bike, which both look amazing. This was the beginning of a great EpicDuel, then Gamma was coming to a close. I got busy with sports and decided to quit, allowing me to miss Delta. I don't know really anything about Delta, but I'm sure t was better than Omega.

Omega. Sweet, Sweet Omega. Why so many nerfs? I come back from a nice, long 2-year break to this? I am so dissapointed ED has come to this, I understand they are making ore money, but really? This is what EpicDuel has turned into? I really wish I had a time-machine to go back to Beta and Gamma. Omega is about nothing but nerfs and OP and losing because of luck. the luck in this game is so imbalanced, in Alpha/Beta/Gamma you actually need strategy or skill to win. Now it's based off %'s and cores, just terrible, yet I still fell into the ED trap and already spent like 140$ since I have been back. But I do know this, the way EpicDuel is going, I do not see myself playing very often or much longer anyways.

And that my fellow forumers, was my EpicDuel timeline.
AQW Epic  Post #: 201
3/17/2013 11:28:59   
ansh0

quote:

Omega. Sweet, Sweet Omega. Why so many nerfs? I come back from a nice, long 2-year break to this? I am so dissapointed ED has come to this, I understand they are making ore money, but really? This is what EpicDuel has turned into? I really wish I had a time-machine to go back to Beta and Gamma. Omega is about nothing but nerfs and OP and losing because of luck. the luck in this game is so imbalanced, in Alpha/Beta/Gamma you actually need strategy or skill to win. Now it's based off %'s and cores, just terrible, yet I still fell into the ED trap and already spent like 140$ since I have been back. But I do know this, the way EpicDuel is going, I do not see myself playing very often or much longer anyways.

So true.
Epic  Post #: 202
3/27/2013 21:09:29   
Rayman
Banned

Going to Post this Beta/Gamma Vid, Since it Includes alot of Old Players:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pnZhW2NtAw
And Wind, My name on forums is now rayman, raymanpwner can be changed.

Added your video. Thanks for letting me know. ~Wind

< Message edited by Wind -- 9/12/2013 8:49:47 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 203
4/7/2013 9:54:17   
Lord Noonien Soong

I miss Delta but i guess omega has some advantages'
DF  Post #: 204
4/7/2013 10:09:18   
axell5

i really wanna play in alpha and beta phases and replay gamma one
AQ DF MQ Epic  Post #: 205
4/7/2013 10:23:26   
Suqerb

I remember when they first released the 'auxilary'.. I remember when merc was actually good xD
Post #: 206
4/8/2013 4:34:27   
kaiseryeux21

late to post this, but i have lots of early beta memories. These were also are some of my saved pictures of varium players i beat. some of them are still active in game while some have retired.

battle with my very good friend shundraa

our old HQ

flag captured

i owe alot to this fact.

beating the old syfy

beating the old deathnightmare

Eidt: miss this friend of mine.

my old buddy who has hacked

Posts merge. ~Mecha
Added your pictures. Thanks. ~Wind

< Message edited by Wind -- 9/12/2013 9:01:39 >
DF Epic  Post #: 207
4/8/2013 17:33:58   
Kd

I remember Alpha, when the level cap was 25. It was a long time ago.
Epic  Post #: 208
5/5/2013 4:41:26   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

I miss the Old Old spartans.... Too bad...........Most of them Quit.

So much of ED has changed ^_^.

Too much back chatting going on these days.... And too much hatred

< Message edited by The Incredible Hulk -- 5/5/2013 4:43:32 >
Epic  Post #: 209
7/2/2013 2:46:06   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

-I miss the good old times with my buddy list friends.
-I also miss enhancements since you could make funky cool builds.
-I also miss leveling up. The progress of leveling up in this game takes so long that it makes me want to quit. Yup; I could just spam accounts and turn them to 35 but I already have.
-I miss the OPness in Alpha.
-I miss the infernal war. That was the best war I ever had.
-I also miss requirements on weapons. It is so challenging when there is requirement on a weapon. Maybe requirement on cores?
-I like back in the days when there were no balance at all for a month.
- I'd love to have ''scary town'' back. It was one of the most excited, joyful moment I had with this game. Maybe the end is near for me to quit.
Epic  Post #: 210
7/8/2013 7:37:24   
Rayman
Banned

^
I Think that we need a Miss Thread.

Wind: I think you should edit the name raymanpwner to rayman on the First Page, since I changed it Like 1 year ago.
Still Triying to find some more old Videos and SSs.

Ahh, changed! ~Wind

< Message edited by Wind -- 9/12/2013 8:47:49 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 211
9/8/2013 22:42:34   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Anybody remember when different merchants would give you a different amount of credits when you sold your items? The best person to sell to was mirv.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 212
9/9/2013 1:17:14   
Rayman
Banned

^
Yea I do, Mirv was awesome.
AQW Epic  Post #: 213
9/12/2013 8:47:21   
Wind

Updating now :) will take a few minutes!

EDIT: All links updated!
~Wind

< Message edited by Wind -- 9/12/2013 9:02:10 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 214
9/22/2013 11:22:25   
Lord Noonien Soong

Huh, how I miss the Delta Phase, I rwmeber the battle tokens, varium was reigning supreme, so much stuff, lol, I miss them Days

DF  Post #: 215
1/3/2014 14:36:01   
lampur1

For some reason i am sad after reading this. Started to miss beta gamma and delta. There was some reason i really liked the game but its gone. I actuly started playing after the merge w ae after noticing ed under games. I wish classes would be all different not like today. Ur right about frostbane i belive cuz i wanted it badly as well and it still is one of.my favourite weps that i dont have.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 216
1/3/2014 14:54:39   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

old servers

Added! ~Wind

< Message edited by Wind -- 1/4/2014 0:45:30 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 217
1/3/2014 19:57:31   
kittycat

I miss my powers as TM, casting Plasma Bolt at high damages. Most importantly, I miss my BM powers as a 5 Focus build.
AQ MQ  Post #: 218
1/3/2014 22:29:17   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

I don't miss battle captcha.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 219
1/4/2014 0:40:49   
Wind

^^ Battle captchas haha. Do you remember when they gave us math equations instead of making us type letters? Wow ED should totally bring back them to help educate lol.

Added photos, updated contributions list.

< Message edited by Wind -- 1/4/2014 0:45:54 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 220
1/4/2014 2:00:55   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Lol. I got so good at simple addition.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 221
1/4/2014 11:48:34   
One Winged Angel1357

At the expense of one of our fellow forum goers I now feel old. Someone was shocked to find out BT is in fact a guy and thinking back on it now I can still remember having conversations with BT in some of the Design notes on EDF
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 222
1/4/2014 22:15:40   
ShadowWraith

Brings back memories, I sadly didn't take any pictures and all that remains of me in Beta is my account and whatever pics OWA took that have me in them
Post #: 223
1/4/2014 22:17:05   
One Winged Angel1357

So none because I didn't really do screen caps ever
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 224
1/5/2014 14:17:17   
ShadowWraith

You're so grouchy nowadays :P

I took some pics but I assume they're all on my old PC. Meh. I'll live.
Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Ultimate Nostalgia Thread
Page 9 of 11«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition