Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Balance Tracker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Balance Tracker
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/2/2012 12:10:44   
  RabbleFroth

Yea, let's try and keep the discussion on the balance tracking system itself. If you'd like to discuss the Juggernaut mode further, feel free to make another topic about it.

As far as my confidence in the system, I'm extremely confident in its accuracy and its ability to tell us the overall state of class balance. I just want everyone to understand that it isn't a magical machine that we can consult and it will tell us exactly what's wrong and how to fix it. No tool we build, no matter how detailed, can do that.

I just wanted to talk a little bit about how we approach balance, and to explain that the BT is not, and cannot, be the only place we look to fix things.
Post #: 51
5/2/2012 12:15:46   
Arcanis

^^: I'm guessing BT doesn't mean Big Tuna?
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
5/2/2012 12:23:06   
PivotalDisorder

@Arcanis: Look at the thread title :)
Post #: 53
5/2/2012 12:27:37   
Arcanis

^^: Biased trucker? I don't see your point...
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
5/2/2012 12:42:40   
white out727

Balance Tracker

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
5/2/2012 12:50:29   
PivotalDisorder

I think Arcanis was trying to be funny, I believe overall it was a failure.

well I think Rabblefroth has ended the topic really, not much else to discuss. [ty for taking the time to answer the questions Rabblefroth]

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 5/2/2012 12:56:14 >
Post #: 56
5/2/2012 13:00:01   
Arcanis

Not funny,just plain bored at work. But it's nice to see so many people ready to help confused ol' me.

On topic: Just a suggestion to all devs - little less of nose in numbers,little more in actual game. First hand experience isn't something to throw away.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 57
5/2/2012 13:05:01   
PivotalDisorder

@Arcanis: lol

at least with so many new mods/testers that ARE regular grinders, they are likely to be sharing their experiences with the balance team
and then they will have a more realistic view of balance. not sure the other staff are going to start playing ED, it is so unbalanced :)
Post #: 58
5/2/2012 13:19:39   
Stabilis

Its funny we mention balance because none of these mods are known abusers of the Strength spam concept. The developers have chosen their crew wisely.
AQ Epic  Post #: 59
5/2/2012 13:28:58   
PivotalDisorder

Fay Beee was ^^ majority of her wins are as str bh. just saying
Post #: 60
5/2/2012 13:38:27   
Stabilis

Yeah, but her excuse was that she is a Bounty Hunter- Bloodlust without other reliable skills- enforce the offense factor.

Support works, but slower offense output, Focus works, but slower offense output.

Dexterity is important for close range and Technology for long range. So, defense (opposite of offense not Defense :p), should be somewhat prevalent but because Bounty Hunter really only has Bloodlust to depend on, offense.

Maybe Fay Beee has ideas for passive skills or reliable defense for Bounty Hunters?
AQ Epic  Post #: 61
5/2/2012 13:56:21   
white out727

@arcanis: :(

http://www.degreepivot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/thumbs_down1.jpg

< Message edited by white out727 -- 5/2/2012 14:03:04 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
5/2/2012 14:01:07   
khalidon5000

^^^ Heads up
No Image Tags
Do not use [image][/image] tags in this forum. Please provide any relevant images in link form.
--------------------------------
I think the balance tracker does fine but I was wondering if it distinguishes between players who have varium weapons/armor/bot or not?
Epic  Post #: 63
5/2/2012 14:02:53   
white out727

lol oh well ill put the link under it :p
and i believe that it only distinguishes between classes

< Message edited by white out727 -- 5/2/2012 14:04:36 >
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 64
5/2/2012 15:32:17   
Shadronica

What the balance tracker won't tell you is that aggressive play is the only way to play now.
With added stats for more damage plus higher level weapons = faster rage.
So basically unless you are playing an aggressive class you are cactus.
The only exception to this is the tank BH or CH who manage to escape being hit by melee anyway and lets face it ... after you have been EMP'd there isn't a lot more you can do.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 65
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Balance Tracker
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition