Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Paladin Poetry

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Paladin Poetry
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2012 20:44:15   
Imaru

Poetry. simple words that hold such meaning to me that i cannot express it. I ask that you read, and comment, and critisise, because if you do, then that means the words i feal so strongly about have struck a nerve, any nerve, and that it made you feal.... something. And to me, thats what writing is about. Making you, and others feel.
Read Here!

Thank you.

< Message edited by Imaru -- 5/9/2012 20:47:47 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
5/9/2012 21:21:16   
Mortarion

You writte truly beatiful poetry Imaru, it, to me, transmites anair of inmense sadness and angst, but it's really good poetry, keep up the good work
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
5/9/2012 22:01:09   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

You mispelled 'tomorrow' in your Turning Skies poem. Other than that, your poems are great.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
5/9/2012 22:07:29   
Lady Aleua

Absolutely amazing! When I read these I get chills and I feel like Im standing in the cool rain in the cemetery In my loved one's arms. (goth girl be lovin the cemetery) I cant wait to read more that you come up with!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
5/11/2012 5:45:51   
Sir Nicholas

I have to hand it to you Imaru, I am impressed. The prose is excellent, and your rhythm is catchy.

My favorite of your poems is Roses of Poison. Certainly it makes me feel both sad and pensive, and the final lines are well rhymed.

(Footnote: Minor Spelling Error - It's carrying. Just remember the i. End footnote)

Keep up the good work, friend.
AQ  Post #: 5
5/11/2012 8:36:15   
Imaru

thanks for listing the spelling errors, i fixed the two that were listed! ^-^
AQ DF  Post #: 6
5/11/2012 19:15:20   
.Discipline

I LOVED 'Truth'.
That is my type of poem. It sounds less like a piece of prose and more like a speech to a crowd, getting your point across, trying to incite change, tell people your truth.
But nobody will listen to anybody else's truth. The truth of self is the only one that matters to people.

I also like how you made it more like an address by using phonetic spellings for adding an accent. It's the little details like that which make a poem, in my eyes.

'Paradox' also make me very happy. The world is full of things that just don't make sense. We learn to accept them instead of questioning them, but it's nice that somebody other than myself notices and points them out. That kind of thing is exactly why I love poetry so much.

Good job, keep it up! :D

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/2/2012 12:42:09   
Aurauris

My abounding thanks and adoration to you, Imaru, for I had been lacking in poetical tidbits as thought-provoking as your own to snack upon until I found your thread (consider yourself warned, as I shall be keeping an eager eye out for any new posts you make here and adding my further thoughts to the fray, muahaha!).

To begin, let me lay a plate of freshly-baked hunny-muffins before Serentiy Ookami in props for having accurately captured mine own reaction of spine-skipping chills as well. You've captured your emotions in a clear forlornness, yet without falling into the typical writers' rut of "weep-woe-sniffle-sniffle", for which I am heartily delighted. Instead, you've infused your writings with a sense of unspoken resoluteness, whether upon an acceptance of how things are, or a determination to move onwards and upwards. Truly the stoofs of inspiration, you have. Humbly for more to be written, I ask. :3

For specifics, I believe the poem which captured my interest the most was "But a Lie". I love the imagery here of not only both the solid earth beneath his feet and the air above his head, but even the speaker's memories and consciousness, seeming to slip all at once from his grasp:

quote:

As the ground falls away beneath my feet...
As the sky soars above my reach...
As my life escapes beyond my keep...

Here I see the the curling of what is left of his very being into a single thread of memory, until all that is left is to sleep and to dream of what defines and yet is forbidden to him. There have been many days where my soul ached for just such an opportunity to slip within and lose myself between the pages of a cherished remembrance, thus I was pleasantly startled to hear this poem speak so closely to my own hopes and experiences. Consider your intent to reach out and strike a nerve fulfilled!

< Message edited by Aurauris -- 10/2/2012 20:36:36 >
DF AQW  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> Other Creative Works Discussion >> Paladin Poetry
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition