Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Your guys opinion on Hunters poison and Tact mercs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Your guys opinion on Hunters poison and Tact mercs
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/29/2012 8:28:48   
Unknown Nub

I think its stupid that tact mercs does 2more damage each level, your opinions?
Post #: 1
6/29/2012 8:35:32   
Ranloth
Banned

Hunter's Poison:
- 75% weapon's damage + Str increases it
- Blockable
- 2 less than Toxic Grenade
- Initial hit isn't locked to Physical/Energy

Toxic Grenade:
- 100% of weapon's only damage (so if weapon does 34 damage, it does 34 damage take away Defence of your enemy (since it's Physical))
- Unblockable
- 2 more DoT than Poison

Venom can hit much more on initial hit and is affected by Str which will give it much bigger edge and it follows your weapon's type.

AQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/29/2012 9:13:06   
Darkwing

don't forget that poison from hunter has requirement, and toxic grenade has NONE. toxic grenade has no weapon requirement, but hunter's poison has claws . And initial damage CAN be blocked

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 6/29/2012 9:14:12 >
Post #: 3
6/29/2012 9:16:36   
Ranloth
Banned

Yeah I did mention being blockable, and issue with Toxic Grenade should be raised again since it was mentioned before. But we should take it to Balance Thread where this thread belongs. :)
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
6/29/2012 10:36:12   
8x

I think both poison moves cost too much energy, so people don't use them much (when have you last seen bh with at least lvl 7 or higher poison?).
Epic  Post #: 5
6/29/2012 11:16:51   
Oliver Bell
AK in Limbo!

Well bounty hunters don't use it much as they have better options, smoke and massacre mostly. Poison grenade is the only decent aggressive skill tactical mercs have left, so it is regularly used. I disagree when you say it costs too much energy though as you are getting damage without defences being included.

< Message edited by Oliver Bell -- 6/29/2012 11:18:17 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
6/29/2012 13:04:43   
Stabilis

The original post may have this thread be locked.

However I do see as well multiple conflicts with poison skills. When I get home I may post about the topic in Balance Discussion. I was writing on my phone but it does not feel right compared to a keyboard for longer posts.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
6/29/2012 14:58:23   
Remorse

I personally think the problem with poision is that it has to be either a really high level or nothing.

The attack itslef is worse then what a player would usally do therefore poision has to be a high level and has to have a high energy cost.

I think poision should be buffed slightly to make the skill "worth attaining" at low to medium levels.

Perhaps something like an duration effect not effected by the level of the venom skill.

eg.

Poisoned players gain 30% less rage for the duration.

Or

Poisoned players cannot critical strike for the duration.

Or

Poisoned players cannot stun for the duration

Or

Poisoned players damage is reduced by 10% for the duration.

etc.

This will make venom strike and toxic grenade actuly worth investing 1 or 2 points into it without having to max or near max it.
Epic  Post #: 8
6/29/2012 15:17:40   
liy010

^Interesting topic your brought up there. I never thought of it that way. Looking back, if I had Venom at Level 1, it would do 2 Damage. Over 3 turns, that'd be 6. 6 is probably not enough to make up for the lost 30% Damage from the skill.

Agree with Remorse.

I also think that the "extra" effect % should scale with Level, like Blood Commander. It might seem like it is ruining the whole point of this because well, the point is that it should be useful at low levels but if you could spam Level 1 Venom...That'd be horrible.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
6/29/2012 15:33:15   
Remorse

^

Why is using level 1 venom for the effects horrible?

As we agreed you get basically no bonus damage output from a normal strike and level 1 venom BUT venom costs mana and therefore it is fair if the level 1 skill gets a decent FIXED RATE effect. As the skill apreciats in level and in damage output the effect should stay the same which is fair because as the levels rise the attack becomes more and more "worth it" to use and therefore doesnt need an apreciating effect like you sugest IMO.

Also having decent FIXED effects at low level will greatly improve build varieties and strategies which are contricted to the requirement of needing high level venom if you want it at all.

But thats just my opinion.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/29/2012 15:37:16   
SMGS

This discussion relates to balance so it belongs in this thread.
Locking instead of deleting so you can copy your ideas down from here.
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Your guys opinion on Hunters poison and Tact mercs
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition