Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= Balance Discussion IX

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Balance Discussion IX
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/3/2012 14:13:50   
SMGS

=ED= Balance Discussion Thread

All balance discussions will be restricted to this thread. This is to condense the many issues that you have all expressed into a single place that the balance people can work on.

Please keep all balance discussions in this thread, and don't forget to follow the forum's rules.

Some things that the balancers would like you to avoid discussing. Please do not post about the following things.
quote:

No discussion/request for buffing or enhancing Founder Armor - Any additional perks that founders may recieve will be at the discretion of the staff.

No "luck" complaints - This thread is not a place to complain about an unlucky streak that caused you to lose a match. Please remember that while luck may seem to favor or disfavor you in the short run, over the long run it does average out.

quote:

As a general rule, no buffs will be granted to rare items. This is regardless of their status as Limited, Seasonal, Promotional, etc. In order to achieve a more balanced system of play, buffs cannot be guaranteed or handed out on a regular basis. This policy has been decided by the game staff and is not likely to change. However, if you feel that your case is especially strong, that is, you have numbers and evidence to support your conclusions, you are welcome to contact the game staff using this forum's PM system to discuss it more thoroughly. Keep in mind that the game staff cannot promise that your case will be followed through upon, as the game's balance will take precedence over personal requests for the sake of all of the game's vast player base.

In regards to this discussion thread, you are still permitted to discuss buffs to rare items, but these discussions must be placed within this thread.

quote:

Posting random stuff and saying how you hate the game, and that there is no balance is not allowed. This does not contribute to a helping balance discussion and is useless for people. Try and think of some numbers, examples, or routes to take when dealing with balance. You can agree with posters, or disagree and say what you should change. Once again, posting "this game is not balanced titan y no fix?? titan = money" does not contribute to anything, and will be dealt with.

If you disagree with these policies, please send Lord Barrius a PM and the issue will be discuss. DO NOT post in this thread to protest these things, your post will be deleted and you will be issued punishments for breaking the rules.

=ED= Balance Discussions I
=ED= Balance Discussions II
=ED= Balance Discussion III
=ED= Balance Discussion IV
=ED= Balance Disussion V
=ED= Balance Discussion VI
=ED= Balance Discussion VII
=ED= Balance Discussion VIII

< Message edited by Practel -- 6/10/2012 11:27:44 >
Post #: 1
6/3/2012 14:18:49   
Stabilis

CURRENTLY BEING EDITED TO BE WITH THE PRESENT TIMES

Balance Options for Cyber Hunter (also a wishlist):

i) Statements

►Swap Plasma Armour for a lesser passive

►Swap Shadow Arts for a consistent passive (not using random chance)

►Swap Cheap Shot for a balanced melee skill (like Double Strike but with a greater energy cost)

►Remove EMP Grenade (makes space on the skill tree )

►Swap Malfunction with Conduction here or alter Malfunction to improve by Dexterity

►Insert Plasma Aura

►Insert Cyber Arts

►Insert Blue Ruin

►Insert Energy Shield

►Alter Massacre to be physical (Cyber Hunter only)

►Alter Static Charge

ii) Logic

►Plasma Armour as a buff was and likely is still appreciated by Cyber Hunters. There were 2 circumstances that balance staff had to respond to with respect to Cyber Hunters: a more reliable passive (previously only Shadow Arts), and a lack of protection (specifically Resistance, previously Technician). 2 birds were killed with 1 stone, or so the saying goes. Too much of a good thing is what Plasma Armour is. If no, then was why would Static Charge be nerfed following the implementation of Plasma Armour? There were no urgent details posted in the forums by staff regarding Static Charge, so that skill must have fallen victim to the aftershock of Plasma Armour. Static Charge was even buffed once prior to implementing Plasma Armour. The skill is not in respect to Tech Mage or Bounty Hunter ways an appropriate skill. Armour skills are belonging to the Mercenary breeds. Cyber Hunter is neither a Mercenary but is both a Mage and a Hunter, so it just does not make sense; of course balance is vital but where was the creativity in allowing that skill?

►Shadow Arts as a passive skill must not be underpowered or overpowered. Ashari herself notices that players of level cap range practically live off of having a passive skill. This makes the topic that much more interesting. Shadow Arts provides random number generated bonuses. This bonuses are therefore not manipulable by the player. That is therefore not a strategic skill, is it even a skill? Not to mention, it improves a feature of Plasma Grenade, how often is that skill skill utilized by players I do not know, but in my own experiences I see it being used 1 out of every 200 battles likely because the power and reliability relationship is off.

►Cheap Shot has similar reasons to Plasma Grenade. The players rarely allocate related random number generated skills. The defenses ignorance of Cheap Shot is minuscule, when you take into account that a decent defenses ignore is found at max level (30%+ at max!). Skill points are devoured allocating this skill, the same circumstances apply to poison skills.

►EMP Grenade and Static Charge synergize too well. Level 1 EMP Grenade only requires 10 energy and 10 energy from Static Charge at max level is not difficult to achieve (34 damage Primary weapon + 0 base Strength damage is required! You do not need Strength to use EMP Grenades upon each Static Charge). Cyber Hunters with durability from Plasma Armour have the stamina to endure the length of the fight to EMP an amount of energy every turn that the 2 skills cooldown.

iii) Descriptions of New Skills

▼Plasma Aura▼

If a user of Plasma Aura is struck by a Primary weapon, the attacker is dealt bonus shock damage. Plasma Aura will not reduce health below 1.

Level 1: Attacker takes 1% of their total health in damage.
Level 2: Attacker takes 2% of their total health in damage.
Level 3: Attacker takes 3% of their total health in damage.
Level 4: Attacker takes 4% of their total health in damage.
Level 5: Attacker takes 5% of their total health in damage.
Level 6: Attacker takes 6% of their total health in damage.
Level 7: Attacker takes 7% of their total health in damage.
Level 8: Attacker takes 8% of their total health in damage.
Level 9: Attacker takes 9% of their total health in damage.
Level 10: Attacker takes 10% of their total health in damage.

Weapon Required: None
Stat Required: None
Level Required: replaces Plasma Armour
Improves With: None
Warm Up: 0
Cool Down: 0

quote:

The ND Mallet Guy brought to me a great point: what if a player exploits a defensive build to minimize their incoming damage and have greater outgoing damage (enemy hits you for 3 damage, and every turn Plasma Aura hits 10 damage)? I have devised my own little logic for this situation:

during the enemy's attack----
attacknegate = player with Plasma Aura's Defense - enemy Primary damage + minimum Strength damage...
if attacknegate <= 3:
_____Plasma Aura = False

Therefor enemies will not be shocked by Plasma Aura if their minimum Primary damage is the minimal value accepted... 3.

▼Cyber Arts▼

Passively increases the Primary hit rate and resistance to poison.

Level 1: 1% increase to Primary accuracy and 10% resistance to poison
Level 1: 2% increase to Primary accuracy and 15% resistance to poison
Level 1: 3% increase to Primary accuracy and 20% resistance to poison
Level 1: 4% increase to Primary accuracy and 25% resistance to poison
Level 1: 5% increase to Primary accuracy and 30% resistance to poison
Level 1: 6% increase to Primary accuracy and 35% resistance to poison
Level 1: 7% increase to Primary accuracy and 40% resistance to poison
Level 1: 8% increase to Primary accuracy and 44% resistance to poison
Level 1: 9% increase to Primary accuracy and 47% resistance to poison
Level 1: 10% increase to Primary accuracy and 50% resistance to poison.

Level Required: replaces Shadow Arts

▼Blue Ruin▼

Assail an enemy with 2 devastating strikes with the held Primary weapon. The player using Blue Ruin is charged with blue plasma.

Energy Required:

Level 1: 14
Level 2: 16
Level 3: 18
Level 4: 20
Level 5: 22
Level 6: 24
Level 7: 26
Level 8: 28
Level 9: 30
Level 10: 32

Damage Progressions:

Level 1: 23% more damage
Level 2: 26% more damage
Level 3: 29% more damage
Level 4: 32% more damage
Level 5: 35% more damage
Level 6: 38% more damage
Level 7: 41% more damage
Level 8: 44% more damage
Level 9: 47% more damage
Level 10: 50% more damage

Weapon Required: Wrist blades or Sword
Level Required: replaces Cheap Shot
Cool Down: 2

▼Energy Shield▼

Increases energy resistance for you or an ally during combat.

Energy Required:

Level 1: 12
Level 2: 14
Level 3: 16
Level 4: 18
Level 5: 20
Level 6: 22
Level 7: 24
Level 8: 26
Level 9: 28
Level 10: 30

Level Required: replaces Malfunction
Cool Down: 2

Static Charge: Static Charge currently improves in scaling to Primary weapon damage + Strength damage. This can be exploited by Strength users who only need Malfunction and Massacre to play without tactile thinking.

It has become a high priority to me now to suggest an edit to Static Charge to restore the class to all balance. Here it is:

Static Charge: A percentage of your Primary weapon's damage is added to your energy in a Strike. Energy restoration is unblockable, however damage is blockable. Cool-down has increased.

Energy Required: 0 (No Cost)

Conversion:
Level 1: 33% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 2: 36% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 3: 39% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 4: 42% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 5: 45% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 6: 48% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 7: 51% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 8: 54% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 9: 57% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy
Level 10: 60% of the Primary Weapon's Damage to Energy

Level Required: 2
Cool Down: 4

Current Stat Attributes:

quote:

Strength: Increases base damage range of Primary, Sidearm, and enhances certain skills.
Dexterity: Increases physical defense, increases the chance to block, and enhances certain skills.
Technology: Increases energy resistance, deflect, robot damage and enhances certain skills.
Support: Increases base damage range of Auxiliaries, increases chance to go first, critical strike, and rage rate; reduces chance to be stunned and enhances certain skills.

Suggested Stat Attributes:

quote:

Strength: Increases base damage range of Primary, and rage rate.
Dexterity: Increases chance to block, accuracy of Primary, chance to dodge (50%), accuracy of Sidearm (50%), accuracy of Auxiliary (50%), and accuracy of Ancillary (50%).
Technology: Increases base damage range of Sidearm, base damage range of Robot, base damage range of Auxiliary (50%), and base damage range of Ancillary (50%).
Support: Increases base damage range of Auxiliary (50%), base damage range of Ancillary (50%), and improves buff skills (Defense Matrix, Field Commander, Reflex Boost, etc).
Defense: Increases physical defense.
Resistance: Increases energy resistance.
Luck: Manages stun chance, increases critical strike, chance to go first, chance to dodge (50%), accuracy of Sidearm (50%), accuracy of Auxiliary (50%), and accuracy of Ancillary (50%).
Focus: Increases accuracy of Robot, and charge.

50% ► the highlighted attribute improves at only half of the normal rate (normal: attribute increases by 1% per 4 stat points/ 50%: attribute increases by 1% per 8 stat points)
Dodge ► a ranged weapon can completely miss, comparable to blocking
Charge ► the level of a Robot's special, the higher the charge level, the more effective the special will be

8 stat point are distributed each level. Ancillaries are a new weapon, and have been designed for Support to supplement a second source of outgoing damage as Sidearms have for Strength. They have one more turn of cool-down than Auxiliaries, at 5 turns.

THE NEW STAT PROGRESSIONS

Steps towards further fixing balance:

Remove or Change Agility

Agility is for managing players who used both high levels of health and decent levels of damage output. I do not believe that high levels of health was as much of an issue as defeating players within 5 turns or forcing Focus to work around 95 health at 45 equalized stat points for each stat. The health difference, but same damage meant that whoever had more health was more likely to win. The problem I would have to say was Strength and Supports damage progressions along with the universal cool-downs of the weapons. Also, agility's role on rage is another factor. Rage can be calculated by the value of damage taken. Because agility can increase damage, agility allows players at high levels of health to accumulate rage faster. If you need my opinion please ask me.

Change Encumbrance

Encumbrance allows lower level players to compete with higher level players, and also to save on item costs, by allowing their weapons to be handled with only reduced damage. This is not enough of a balance though, as stats themselves are not compromised. Lower levelled players are fundamentally more lucky, and they do not need weapon damage or armour points to administer skills improving with stats. Exploiting stats only becomes more of an issue with a growing player-base and new releases. If you need my opinion please ask me.

Remove or Change Enhancements

Enhancements were meant as a bonus to give players the opportunity to... empower themselves further. I find that this does null to help in the ongoing issue of stat exploitation. If you need my opinion please ask me (but definitely ask Remorse).

Change Focus

Focus benefits players who chose to balance their stats, and to add diversity to EpicDuel. I agree that this is a nice addition, however even Focus can have issues. Because Focus is not it's own stat, it's own mechanics rely on all 4 of the basic stats. In this way it is very difficult for staff to determine the abilities of Focus when the present issue may lie in one of it's own foundations, Strength for example. I recommend highly to split Focus in making it it's own stat. This is an indefinite suggestion.

Remove Stat Requirements

Stat requirements are a band-aid to demote the use and exploitation of stat points. Requirements attack diversity by promoting Focus. If stats are imbalanced, change the stat progressions, and band-aids can be taken off. This is an indefinite suggestion.

Remove Skill Improving Stats

Improving stats skills give stats another meaning besides forming the character, which was "supposed" to have things more diversified by having stat points be operators of skill power. However, both stats and skills are fundamental concepts, and when they directly link, there is a power imbalance. For example, Tactical Mercenaries had used to own a Support improving Field Medic, Artillery, a Reroute to refuel these skills, and a regular Auxiliary to backup damage. When staff decided to stop improving Field Medic with Support, I absolutely saw positive changes. This is an indefinite suggestion.

Questions? I will try to answer them.
Comments? Feedback is appreciated.
Suggestions? With enough reasoning, I will consider your suggestions and add them. You will be credited.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 6/3/2012 19:06:31 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
6/3/2012 14:22:40   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

►Massacre becomes Physical for Cyber Hunters... (or insert a new Physical Ultimate skill for Cyber Hunters. Malfunction and Conduction both synergize with Energy attacks, Massacre can be selective to be either Energy or Physical, since ultimate skills hit above 20 points of damage, they should not be able to be exploited by other offensive skills that permit instant death)

Then shouldn't Super Charge be physcial? Or Massacre for BH be energy?
I agree with everything else for the most part.

EMP Replacement:
Atom Slicer
%s are of the the weapons own damage (strength does not influence it) so a Lv 33 weapon (with 33 damage) at level 1 will cause the enemy to lose 17 energy, it does NOT do any damage to health.
Level 1: 50%
Level 2: 68%
Level 3: 76%
Level 4: 84%
Level 5: 92%
Level 6: 100%
Level 7: 108%
Level 8: 116%
Level 9: 124%
Level 10: 132%
Cost: 3 energy, goes up by 1 for every level.
Tier 2, takes DM's space and DM will take EMP's place.
2 Cool down. It is block able.

Pros: Low Energy Cost, Does not promote Strength abuse, actually requires some skill points to be useful as opposed to EMP
Cons: Blockable, not really useful at low levels

Buff up plasma grenade, give static a 44% (or the 55% at 80% damage), and buff venom strike.

Possible nerf/debuff skill for tlm?
Dead Zone-Lowers Support
Energy Required:
Level 1: 14
Level 2: 16
Level 3: 18
Level 4: 20
Level 5: 22
Level 6: 24
Level 7: 26
Level 8: 28
Level 9: 30
Level 10: 32
Stat Required: 19 Dexterity (+2 per skill level)
Takes Blood Shield's place? (not sure where to put it)
Improves With: Technology (+1 Support Reduction at 22 Technology; +1 Support Reduction per 4 Technology after)
Cool Down: 1

Criticism is always welcome.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 6/3/2012 14:33:43 >
Epic  Post #: 3
6/3/2012 14:28:19   
Stabilis

@Mr. Black Op

quote:

CURRENTLY BEING EDITED TO BE WITH THE PRESENT TIMES

Massacre for Bounty Hunters, yes, energy, because of Smokescreen. Super Charge for Tech Mages, yes, physical, because of Malfunction. I am in support of combined attacks, but 1-time moves that are either sink or swim (ultimate attacks boosted with offensive nerfs like Smokescreen/Malfunction) are too extreme in that the damage is out of control or that the user following the attack has no other offensive options. If bomb builds like these are encouraged and fights therefore last shorter as a whole, EpicDuel's genre slides from being a strategic game to an action game (with of course less skill involved). That is not so much of a problem as is being marked for death knowing that on the 3rd turn the opponent's unblockable, 20+ damage skill is going to cripple them. What will players without EMP skills or defensive skills like Defense Matrix do? Take it and die, or if they survive, because the opponent allocated their skill points into 2 1-time skills, win. So this is more of a gambling situation whereas the attacker has no deeper strategy than casting 2 skills then goes kapoot.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 6/3/2012 14:50:46 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
6/3/2012 14:33:06   
liy010

quote:

If a user of Plasma Aura is struck by a Primary weapon, the attacker is dealt bonus shock damage. Plasma Aura will not reduce health below 1.

Level 1: Attacker takes 1% of their total health in damage.
Level 2: Attacker takes 2% of their total health in damage.
Level 3: Attacker takes 3% of their total health in damage.
Level 4: Attacker takes 4% of their total health in damage.
Level 5: Attacker takes 5% of their total health in damage.
Level 6: Attacker takes 6% of their total health in damage.
Level 7: Attacker takes 7% of their total health in damage.
Level 8: Attacker takes 8% of their total health in damage.
Level 9: Attacker takes 9% of their total health in damage.
Level 10: Attacker takes 10% of their total health in damage.

Level Required: replaces Plasma Armour

quote:

The ND Mallet Guy brought to me a great point: what if a player exploits a defensive build to minimize their incoming damage and have greater outgoing damage (enemy hits you for 3 damage, and every turn Plasma Aura hits 10 damage)? I have devised my own little logic for this situation:

during the enemy's attack----
attacknegate = player with Plasma Aura's Defense - enemy Primary damage + minimum Strength damage...
if attacknegate <= 3:
_____Plasma Aura = False

Therefor enemies will not be shocked by Plasma Aura if their minimum Primary damage is the minimal value accepted... 3.

Question. If I had 100 HP and I got struck with a Level 10 Plasma Aura. I would have 90 HP left. If I got struck again, would it be 10% of 100 HP or 90 HP?

The bolded part is funny :P

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
6/3/2012 14:44:24   
Stabilis

quote:

Question. If I had 100 HP and I got struck with a Level 10 Plasma Aura. I would have 90 HP left. If I got struck again, would it be 10% of 100 HP or 90 HP?

10% of the attacker's max HP for each event.

So if they were to have 100/100 HP and attack with Strike... 90 HP.

If they were to attack again with Strike at 90/100 HP... 80 HP.

The numbers are constant and do not compound or shrink.

quote:

The bolded part is funny :P

Sick! That's just sick! But, I will be sure to remember that the next time I am coding.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
6/3/2012 14:51:34   
Retrosaur

I can't really see CH with Shadow Arts. Doesn't fit with the roleplay.

Should be more like (Lock-On)
Increases chance to hit (similar to Lucky Strike)
1: Chance to hit +1%
2: Chance to hit +1%
3: Chance to hit +1%
4: Chance to hit +1%
5: Chance to hit +1%
6: Chance to hit +1%
7: Chance to hit +1%
8: Chance to hit +1%
9: Chance to hit +1%
M: Chance to hit +1%

Anyone want a gun-related super skill? Fits with the pic of CHs ;3

@DepressedVoid
For Plasma Aura, why not do 2-4-6-8 etc 'till 20% of damage dealt.

< Message edited by hypedxlord -- 6/3/2012 14:52:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
6/3/2012 14:56:32   
Stabilis

quote:

@DepressedVoid
For Plasma Aura, why not do 2-4-6-8 etc 'till 20% of damage dealt.

I could.

If I were to say that a player at 100 HP takes 10 damage or 20 damage per melee connection, which sounds more balanced? Is 10 or 20 too high, too low, or "perfect"?
AQ Epic  Post #: 8
6/3/2012 15:05:02   
Mr. Black OP

quote:

Anyone want a gun-related super skill? Fits with the pic of CHs ;3

Thought of it in 2 seconds, don't take it as a serious suggestion though
Sharp Shooter:
Makes your gun and aux harder to deflect.
Level 1: 2%
Level 2: 4%
Level 3: 5%
Level 4: 6%
Level 5: 7%
Level 6: 8%
Level 7: 9%
Level 8: 10%
Level 9: 11%
Level 10: 12%
So lets say your opponent has a 17% chance to deflect, with level 3 sharpshooter it is 12%.

@void
Could Plasma Aura Kill? Or will it be like poison.

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 6/3/2012 15:06:07 >
Epic  Post #: 9
6/3/2012 16:04:44   
Hun Kingq

So staff, why does a class that has an energy passive armor have a debuff skill that lowers tech/resistance as well as increases damage even on regular strikes while the other two new classes don't have a debuff to lower tech or dex and a way to increase damage?

Two new classes has large energy draining skills and energy regain skills while the other has neither. Then people will say Blood Mages has health regain at level 10 Blood lust equals level 5 reroute, the Blood mage skills don't use health all uses energy.

One serious matter other than the weak multis, especially Plasma Rain, dealing with balance is blocking. Either a non hunter player with lower dex blocks me or a hunter class player with higher dex and max shadow arts blocks me but do I block them no? The formula has to be redone, you can't have the same formula when more variables are involved.
Epic  Post #: 10
6/3/2012 16:36:03   
King Helios

BlackOP, it's gonna be like poison. It's most like Bio Borg's Thorns, which cannot kill.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
6/3/2012 16:44:32   
Retrosaur

How about Spray n Pray:
Deals Damage based on gun damage, chance to stun, chance to crit
Hits 8 times.
1 60% more damage, 2% chance to stun, 1% chance to crit
2 70% more damage, 4% chance to stun, 2% chance to crit
3 80% more damage, 6% chance to stun, 3% chance to crit
4 90% more damage, 8% chance to stun, 4% chance to crit
5 95% more damage, 10% chance to stun, 5% chance to crit
6 110% more damage, 12% chance to stun, 6% chance to crit
7 115% more damage, 14% chance to stun, 7% chance to crit
8 125% more damage, 16% chance to stun, 8% chance to crit
9 130% more damage, 18% chance to stun, 9% chance to crit
M 140% more damage, 20% chance to stun, 10% chance to crit
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
6/3/2012 16:56:50   
Stabilis

quote:

@Me,

Could Plasma Aura Kill? Or will it be like poison.

quote:

Original: Duel Domination

BlackOP, it's gonna be like poison. It's most like Bio Borg's Thorns, which cannot kill.

Duel said it, Plasma Aura cannot kill. Only because it is "technically" an impossibility. Since, there are no such things as draws or ties. So the skill would not be able to kill, a player at 1 HP can kill a Plasma Aura user with a Strike without dieing.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
6/3/2012 16:57:46   
ScarletReaper

That sounds amazing!^ Fully supported.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 14
6/3/2012 17:04:27   
King Helios

NEW SKILL FOR CYBER HUNTERS!

Ultimate Skill

Cyber Explosion *insert description here*.

Improves with Support. (1 dmg/6 support after 22).
Physical.

With 22 Support:

Level 1: 32-40 Physical Damage.
Level 2: 35-43 Physical Damage.
Level 3: 38-46 Physical Damage.
Level 4: 41-49 Physical Damage.
Level 5: 45-53 Physical Damage.
Level 6: 48-56 Physical Damage.
Level 7: 51-59 Physical Damage.
Level 8: 54-62 Physical Damage.
Level 9: 57-65 Physical Damage.
Level 10: 60-68 Physical Damage.

Energy Cost:

Level 1: 33 Energy
Level 2: 36 Energy
Level 3: 39 Energy
Level 4: 42 Energy
Level 5: 45 Energy
Level 6: 48 Energy
Level 7: 51 Energy
Level 8: 54 Energy
Level 9: 57 Energy
Level 10: 60 Energy

Requires 24 Dexterity at Level 1, 26 Dexterity at Level 2, etc.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
6/3/2012 17:08:10   
ScarletReaper

I like spray n pray better. :D
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
6/3/2012 17:13:11   
Stabilis

It is not too bad Duel Domination, since the entirety of EpicDuel lacks Support improving offense skills, including new skills of this type are welcome.
AQ Epic  Post #: 17
6/3/2012 17:43:49   
Zeruphantom

quote:

Malfunction to improve by Dexterity

Support makes it powerful enough already, Cyber Hunters with a ton of DEX and lots of enhancements on it will find themselves having a ball if this happens. I conclude that Malfunction should perhaps stay like it already is, because DEX is a priority for CHs and TMs who lack the amount of sufficient DEX. And that equals up to how much they put onto it and how much the enhancements make up for it.

~ Zeru.
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
6/3/2012 17:50:22   
Stabilis

Then, Smokescreen to improve by Support? The 2 nerfers must be on a balanced scale. Both Malfunction and Smokescreen perform the same action, the differences are requirement, improvement, and stat types.
AQ Epic  Post #: 19
6/3/2012 17:59:49   
Zeruphantom

Intimidate is a nerfer as well. Shouldn't it be considered to be currently performing the same action as well? And they got rid of Technician on Tactical Mercenaries because it improved your resistance AND Smoke Screen, along with an abundant source of skills. Perhaps both should perform with something more obscure, or even more appropriate.

~ Zeru.
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
6/3/2012 18:09:28   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

One word: Diversity. What does that mean in this situation? It means Smokescreen can stay as Tech because the Balance Team doesn't want every type of skill to be the exact same.

@void I still do not agree to Plasma Aura. That will be either UPd or OPd depending on what you consider melee. If it's every skill that uses primary then it will be OPd. If it's just Strike then it will be UPd. It will either entirely eliminate Str builds or do nothing to them at all.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
6/3/2012 18:21:34   
Stabilis

quote:

Intimidate is a nerfer as well. Shouldn't it be considered to be currently performing the same action as well?

It could, but we will have to tend to Intimidate on an opposing context in terms of damage effects since Intimidate reduces offensive power in a target (comparable to raising one's defences), while Malfunction and Smokescreen reduce defensive power in a target (comparable to raising one's offences).

quote:

@void I still do not agree to Plasma Aura. That will be either UPd or OPd depending on what you consider melee. If it's every skill that uses primary then it will be OPd. If it's just Strike then it will be UPd. It will either entirely eliminate Str builds or do nothing to them at all.

It will be overpowered? The skill can be avoided by using the Sidearm which is a known tool for Strength builds. Realistically speaking, 14 of 40+ skills use melee connection. I find this fairly intriguing, there are no skills (passive skills excepted) that involve using a Sidearm, Sidearm, or Robot. This is likely due to skills being produced when EpicDuel started off with only Primary weapons and later to Sidearms, etc. Using these other weapons are a means of avoiding Plasma Aura. Anyhow, for builds that spam the Primary weapon, they deserve a penalty for not using mixed tactics. 1 option that works all the time is an option worth failing sometimes. Shock them.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 6/3/2012 18:33:10 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
6/3/2012 18:30:08   
Zeruphantom

quote:

One word: Diversity. What does that mean in this situation? It means Smokescreen can stay as Tech because the Balance Team doesn't want every type of skill to be the exact same.

Exactly. We need to make the skills more 'independant' or derivative. I mean, Malf currently improves with support and Smoke Screen improves with the usual technology. Why not keep it that way?

quote:

It could, but we will have to tend to Intimidate on an opposing context in terms of damage effects since Intimidate reduces offensive power in a target (comparable to raising one's defences), while Malfunction and Smokescreen reduce defensive power in a target (comparable to raising one's offences).

Still, doesn't mean that it can't improve with the same stat. It's classified as a nerfing skill because it 'nerfs', STR is just as important as DEX and technology.
Also, DEX and technology affect your damage too. Some stats improve with them, so technically nerfing DEX and technology is reducing offensive power in a target.

~ Zeru.
AQ Epic  Post #: 23
6/3/2012 18:48:46   
Stabilis

quote:

Still, doesn't mean that it can't improve with the same stat. It's classified as a nerfing skill because it 'nerfs', STR is just as important as DEX and technology.
Also, DEX and technology affect your damage too. Some stats improve with them, so technically nerfing DEX and technology is reducing offensive power in a target.

A stat is important relative to the form of the build to point out. A build that utilizes mainly Technology or even Support would not find Strength important if no usable skills are affected by Strength. For example, a Tech Mage build that uses mainly Technology with the skills Plasma Bolt and Supercharge does not find Overload effective if there is too little Dexterity. When the damage is calculated, the skill is not worth it's weight in energy if the damage to energy cost relationship is worse than that for Plasma Bolt. To conserve energy and maximize damage capacity the Tech Mage possesses Overload but does not utilize Overload as 14 energy for 3 damage is more self-harming than it is successful.

Some skills do improve with Dexterity and Technology for example Bunker Buster so yes. This is not generally speaking though. Mercenaries for example lack a Dexterity burst skill so Dexterity does not improve improve their offence. This is a small scope, and the capabilities of stats in this topic is switching over to skills, which is not a generally accepted claim since different classes have different skill trees so generally speaking Dexterity and Technology do not at all really improve offence in the user (only on the condition that a burst skill improving by 1 of these 2 stats is involved).

EDIT: Keep in mind as you post that there is a limit of 34 allocatable skill points.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 6/3/2012 18:50:01 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
6/3/2012 18:56:17   
rayniedays56

On a side note, i hope EMP is not replaced ;-) I love taking 40 energy at level 1 :-) ahh if only cybers understood the 5 focus tech build with 32-37 damage on the rusted bot :-D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= Balance Discussion IX
Page 1 of 3012345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition