Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= 2012 Dage vs Nulgath War stories

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =AQW= 2012 Dage vs Nulgath War stories
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/5/2012 21:49:22   
Eukara Vox
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Here is where you need to post your war stories, poetry and songs.

1) All writings must be in compliance with all AE rules and all L&L Rules.

2) One post per person. If you add to your entry, use the EDIT button. Do not post again to continue.

3) Have fun

4) Commentary and discussion goes here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20460487

< Message edited by Eukara Vox -- 7/5/2012 21:51:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
7/5/2012 21:59:49   
The Unholy18

Sounds good. Here's mine from the NvD GD Thread. This one revolves around my character. By the away, I'm honored to have the first post. :D

Part 1: The Titan of Nulgath

Grab. Squeeze. Drop. He had just finished off another petty Legion soldier, with what used to be its skull now dust, blowing away in an ominous wind. He then approaches a comrade, who is suffering extremely fatal wounds. As he walks towards his wounded comrade, he looks at himself. He realizes he is no longer human, but now the very essence of demonic, almost ungodly power. He is darkness. He is not some pitiful mortal anymore. He knew he traded his humanity for a form that no man could comprehend. He knew deep down in his heart that this is what he truly wanted.

He gets closer to that poor Void Fiend he calls "ally". He could now make out his appearance. He was a Blood Fiend, with his facial guard and body armor cracked and destroyed in some areas and only one of his Bloodletters remaining. He offers his left hand to lift him up, with his Overfiend Blade in his right. The Blood Fiend, accepts his offer, and grabs his hand. He gets up on his own two feet.

Too bad he didn't see it coming.

The Overfiend Blade is hilt deep into the Blood Fiends abdomen. And in a demonic tongue, nightmarish to those petty humans;

"You are weak."

The Blood Fiend begins to disintegrate.

"Why?"

That was the last word he spoke. The last thing the Blood Fiend saw was his "comrade"'s green, venomous eyes.

"You are not fit to call yourself one of us."

Red energy flows down the Overfiend Blade. His eyes glow blood red for a moment, and back to a toxic green.

He does not feel regret. He was weak. He was almost as weak as those humans. He knew he needed to be relinquished of the power he could not use . He knew he could put it towards much greater use.

He stabs his mammoth sized Overfiend Blade into the scourged earth beneath him. A portal of blood red energy opens beneath. He is now sitting on his demonic throne. He closes his eyes as he is enveloped by a ball of crimson energy. Slumber, although not needed, is entered.

His General will be pleased. He has the power to blacken the sun and bloody the moon. They will try, but they will tremble at his feet. The destroyed earth will quake with each step his demonic form takes. The Legion will fall by his hand. He will consume the light of the day.

He is the Champion of Ruin.

He is the Titan of Nulgath.

Part 2: Enter the War

The day has come.
The day he awakens. The day he will slaughter all those who stand in his way. The day his general will give him unspeakable power.
Soon, the light of day will be consumed by crimson night.
He rises from his throne. The crimson energy that shielded him in his slumber flows back into his blade.

"Ah. My soldier rises from his sleep."
Nulgath then appears in front of the Titan, accompanied by his intimidating Battlefiend Blade.
"What is it, my general?"
"We have a lot to talk about."
"Let us go to the war front. Brief my while we get there."
As the portal opened, the Titan was told what Nulgath wanted him to hear. This news brought some wicked form of joy to the Titan. This was great news to him, but bad news to the Legion and the rest of Lore itself.
Arriving at the war front, the Titan was humbly welcomed by Klunk, one of Nulgath's commanders. Klunk then briefed the Titan on his mission as one of the most, if not, the most powerful forces that Nulgath had to offer. As he finished describing the mission, the Titan grew excited and his dark, twisted powers began to run through his body. As he walked away, Klunk could still feel the unholy power that flows through the Titan.

He marched through the Undead Legion as if he were taking a stroll on the streets. As the undead try to attack them, they were immediately stopped midswing.
Boom.
The soldiers had burst into crimson energy. Standing next to the Titan alone was enough to become subject to his unearthly power. He continued to march through, and the soldiers continued to burst.
They should have stayed dead the first time, he thought to himself.
As he continued to casually walk through, Dage's commander, Rogath, was informed of his presence. In response, he sent a being of incredible power.
The Undead Titan.
Shortly afterwards, the Titan was standing toe to toe with his undead counterpart. The Undead Titan quickly swung.
Impact.
A deep gash was made on the site of impact; the Titan's right arm. Any further and his arm would have fallen off.
However, the Undead Titan's glory was short lived. Tentacles emerged from the gash, and wrapped around the area of damage, bringing his arm back together. The tentacles were then infused with the skin, which gave the impression that the Titan was never harmed.
However, either from being brave or mentally broken to the point of incapability, the Undead Titan showed no fear. He swung again.
Crack.
The force from both swords colliding produced a loud "crack'. Neither were phased by this, and continued fighting. Collision after collision, the fight ran on.
Suddenly, the Titan was impaled by the undead behemoth's blade.
Only a fool would have done so.
In the next second, the Titan wrapped his hands around the undead giant's weapon. Violent, crimson energy emblazoned the blade. The Undead Titan was not killed, but stunned momentarily. The Titan pulled the blade out of his abdomen, and was healed in the same manner as his arm. Holding the Caladbolg in his left, demonic hand and the Overfiend Blade in his right, he approached the kneeling Undead Titan. He did not plea for his unlife, but was ready to accept his fate. To his surprise (implying that the Undead Titan can feel suprise), the Titan handed him his massive blade. In his now free left hand, the Titan formed a ball of malevolent, crimson energy. With a remarkable amount of force, he thrust his hand into the Undead Titan's chest.

His armor and weapon, the fabled Caladbolg, now glowed with a sinister crimson. In an undead tongue;
"What can I do for you, my lord?"
The Titan was filled with demonic joy. He held his hand toward a Legion camp.
In a demonic language that echoed through the war torn valley;
"Slaughter!"

Miles away, back at camp, Warlords, Arcanes, Dimensional Champions, and the Void Knights and their various breeds alike cheered in their dark language. They knew exactly what had happened. On his throne, Nulgath smiled gleefully to himself. He created the perfect warrior in part of his own image. As promised, after the defeat of that traitor, he will be gifted with ungodly power. What he does with it is his own business. As long as he does not try to betray him, like that insensible fool.

The day will be consumed by crimson night and Lore will drown in blood.

Part 3: Carnage, Bloodshed, and Despair

It approaches from the hills.
It marches towards the camp. Undead Infantry, Skeletal Warriors, and Skull Warriors alike are eager to hear the its news. A scout runs to it to retrieve info of the fight. It puts its hand forward. He stops in the middle of his run.
It raises its hand to the night sky.
He goes with it.
It clenches its fist.
In a moment, the scout is devoured by a crimson flame. Now a servant of the Titant of Nulgath, the Undead Titan has been "blessed" with new power. The soldiers in the camp grow aware of what has been done. Without thinking, they run towards the servant of the Titan in an attempt to destroy it. The Undead Titan once again holds his hand towards his target. Crimson energy envelopes his arm, and a stream of said crimson energy pierces many of the soldiers. As they face their fate, blue energy releases itself from their skeletal forms, and it travels through the air and over the hills. Midway through the travel, the blue energy takes on a crimson color. This crimson energy than meets its destination, the Titan of Nulgath. This energy flows down his blade, which then glows crimson momentarily. The blade fades black to its original color. The Titan of Nulgath is pleased by his servant's power.

The Undead Titan walks through what used to be a Legion Camp. That which were barricades, tents, and supposedly "battle-ready" are soldiers are now a sea of corpses and debris. It has been a while since he has served the Titan of Nulgath. Now that he has shown what he can do, the Titan has deemed him fit. The Titan calls his servant back to him.

Meanwhile, a Hex fiend who was able to see what was going on, with use of his incredible magic, reports back to Klunk with news of success with the possession of an Undead Titan and the brutal destruction of a Legion camp. Klunk has decided to make sure that Nulgath hears of this. The Hex Fiend is also thanked for his service, and is ordered to join the Titan in his conquest.

The Undead Titan now stands in front of his powerful master. The Titan congratulates his servant on his excellent performance.
"You are worthy of more power, Undead. I will relieve you of your undead state, and bless you with the form of a Void. You will be the first of a new breed. Now, remove your helmet." The Titan said to his servant.
The Undead Titan, without a word, removes his helmet.
"Suprising. So, you're human." the Titan says, in response. "No matter. It will only make me easier to transform you. I will not have to revert you from your undeath this way. In fact, this will be more satisfying, as I now get to devour your humanity."
"Yes, sir." the "Undead" Titan replied.

Though showing no emotion or fear on the outside, the Undead Titan weeped on the inside. His body was no longer his. Deep down, he regretted joining the Legion. He could have stayed with his family if it wasn't for his love of battle and the undead power he sought after. He became one of the most powerful of Dage's warriors; an Undead Titan. He thought he had everything. That was all changed when his body was surrendered to the Titan of Nulgath. He had no control of his body, but he still was able to percieve what was going on and he was still able to have thought. With every comrade slain, he felt regret for everything he had done. Now, he will lose his humanity. He will become a prisoner forever bound to his soon to be Void form. War has a price. And in this case, it is eternal damnation.

The Titan of Nulgath formed a ball of black energy in his hand. He then placed it on his servant's forehead. The "Undead" Titan's final thought rang through his head; "I am The Forsaken." The black orb, as it made contact with his forehead, disappeared. A black dot now was on it, and several "roots" sprouted from the dot. These "roots" spread, turning his skin black. As his body became one with this energy and his skin was now black, his armor shifted. It began to fuse with his body. With the Undead Titan screaming internally, his fiendish body and armor became one.

His body, fused with his armor and no longer his and is humanity consumed by his very enemy, he is not human nor undead.
He is the Void Titan.

Posts merged. Please remember that only one post is allowed per person when war collaborations such as these are made. Thank you for your time! -Faerdin

< Message edited by The Unholy18 -- 7/16/2012 0:03:22 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
7/5/2012 22:40:59   
.R.M.

I made a short story about the final part(s) of the war.

Nulgath smirks, addressing his minions from a throne built with the bones of many fallen enemies.
“Today, we will march upon our weakened opponents.”
Everyone in the crowd surrounding Nulgath instantly hushes. Not a breath of air escapes their mouths as their leader speaks.
“In the past months of fighting directly against his Undead Legion, we have lost many but gained much.” Nulgath pauses for a moment, “With each death of a Legion member, my power grows. A soul dispatched by my blade gives me power.” A fiend in the crowd emits a small cough and then falls to the ground in pieces.
“Nobody is to speak!” Nulgath growls, clearly irritated. He mumbles something, then continues, “I have now grown enough in power to march directly up to Dage and destroy him once and for all.”
Signaling the end of his speech, Nulgath stands up off of his throne and the crowd cheers, “All hail Nulgath!” Nulgath then picks up his blade, resting it on his shoulder. With a nod to the crowd, he walks into a small tent, where his apprentice Revontheus is waiting.

Meanwhile, Dage is addressing his army of undead.
“Soldiers,” Dage begins, pacing on a large stage in front of his army, “I have gotten word that Nulgath is planning to advance on us directly.” Some sounds of astonishment and fear echo out from the crowd. “During this war, Nulgath’s forces have pushed very hard. They are strong, and lost few, while we have lost many.” Dage waves his arm out behind him, where roughly 100 of his trained Legion Titans stand. “Today, defending our camp, the Titans will be fighting!” The crowd cheers out as the Titans raise their weapons. “We will win this war!” Dage cheers, his army echoing his words.

The day of the final battle:

“Master Nulgath.” The spy addresses his master, kneeling in a show of respect and loyalty.
“What have you to report?” Nulgath asks, getting straight to the point.
The spy stays kneeling, his head bowed, never meeting the eyes of his master, “Dage plans on defending himself with his Titans... The strongest members of his legion.”
Nulgath sneers, “So, he thinks he can defend himself with a bunch of weaklings in armor?” He lets out a chuckle, “Thank you spy, you have done well. Now suit up and join the rest.” The spy nods and scurries out of the room, leaving Nulgath alone with Revontheus.
“Are you ready, apprentice?”, Nulgath asks.
Revontheus nods, “Yes master. You have taught me well. We will crush this puny army.”
Nulgath looks forward, power radiating in his eyes, “We will.”

“Prepare for the final defense! It’s now or never!” Dage has to bellow over the noise of his soldier preparing their weapons. He is in his Paragon armor, wielding two Calabolgs and with his Soul Kris sheathed at his waist.
A small legion skull flys up before him, chattering. Dage nods, understanding the language in which undead speak. The skull flys away and dage yells out, “They are approaching, form up!”

After a long battle, Revontheus is finishing the last few Legion Titans as Nulgath finally faces his opponent. Dage snarls, his armor battered and his helmet cracked. Nulgath seems unharmed except for a small scar on his face... Or was that always there? Dage stares through his helmet, looking into the eyes of a fiend.
“So, we finally meet again.” Nulgath snarls.
“Yes, old foe. Today is the day when I right my past mistake.” Dage replies, confident.
“And what would that mistake be?” Nulgath asks, only to watch Dage squirm before death.
“Letting you win last time!” Dage yells, charging straight at Nulgath.
Nulgath lets his Overfiend Blade clash against Dage’s remaining Calabolg, which causes it to shatter. Nulgath laughs as Dage is left holding only a handle. Dage frowns, throwing the handle to the ground and drawing his Soul Kris.
“Time to die!” Dage yells out, charging Nulgath again.
Nulgath dodges Dage’s attacks and begins an offensive with his blade. “You can’t defeat me this easily!”, Nulgath taunts. Dage finally gets the upper hand, driving his Soul Kris straight into Nulgath’s chest. The blade snaps, but Nulgath falls to the ground, then disappears.
“Haha!” Dage cries out triumphantly. Dage falls to the ground, landing on his knees as a large blade pierces his chest.
“But... How?” Dage asks, as Nulgath steps in front of Dage, smiling.
“I hope you liked my fiend clone!” Nulgath says, laughing. Dage grimaces as the portion of spirit in his armor falls to the underworld, returning to the captured portion.

The spirit of Dage roars in anger, “That fool!”.
“I wouldn’t say that”, Revontheus says, stepping from the shadows, Nulgath in tow.
“But... How!?” Dage exclaims, unable to move as he is chained to the wall.
“It’s been many days since your defeat, Dage.” Nulgath confirms. Dage thinks back to the immense pain when a portion of his spirit died.
“Well, Revontheus, time for your final initiation... Kill Dage.”
As Dage’s captured spirit was truly captured, chained to the wall and severely weakened, it never stood a chance. Dage was never a problem again.

Another story from the perspective of an Evil-aligned retired-(hero).

The war began on a day during summer. It was a beautiful day, the sun shining and birds chirping. Everything was calm in the land of Lore. Though this day was the beginning of the long hardships of the Land. This was the beginning of the war.

Stories say that Dage was a Necromancer, greedy for power. In his pursuit for power, he went to Nulgath and used his contracts to make his own power grow. Nulgath though, doesn’t let you leave after you have pledged him allegiance. Dage thought that he had enough power to conquer the underworld and sweep Nulgath aside... It didn’t quite work like that. The day Dage challenged Nulgath, was the day Dage lost a portion of his own soul. A small portion was put into an armor, which resides in Shadowfall, the other portion is trapped in the underworld and longs to crush Nulgath. The Dage that most of Lore knows, the one which is head of the Undead Legion, trades weapons and armor for your eternal elegance. Some try to defy this, and don’t survive. Every since the separation of his soul, Dage has been collecting souls for his own army. This army will be used to challenge Nulgath and his forces. But it won’t be easy.

The villagers of the area surrounding Shadowfall organized a meeting for the whole town. The subject was the fact that Dage was scouring the countryside in search of people to join his army. Everyone was quiet as a man and woman stepped in front of the crowd, eyes red with tears.
“He-- Took our son...” The woman lets out, and then covers her face, shoulders shaking.
Her husband wraps his arm around her, “Yes... Lord Dage took our son to join his army... He was barely a man yet... We’re only farmers, not warriors!” The crowd mumble in consent. A lone man stands in the back of the city hall building, watching the meeting from a distance. He sighs, worried for his own son. The man himself was once a hero, a champion of Lore. He helped fight the good soldiers in his younger days, and eventually retired when “Chaos” began ravaging Lore. By then, he had a wife and a child. This child was for whom he feared.

The man began the short walk home after the meeting dispersed. As he neared the path heading to the door of his humble home, he saw soldiers galloping away on horses made of bone. From the back of the horses, he heard crying. Eyes wide with shock, the man ran to the door of his home, which was laying on the floor, torn off of it’s hinges. He called out his wife’s name, but got no reply. The man entered warily, walking silently to the kitchen. Sitting in one of the chairs was his wife, but she wasn’t alive. That was the moment that the man’s heart froze. He became cold as steel as he walked to a small closet. Reaching to the floor, he pulled open a trap door and jumped down. Hidden somewhere was something the man had never hoped to use... Something potentially deadly but worth much. After some searching, he finally found it, picking it up off the ground and taking out a pen, he signed it. A contract of Nulgath.

As soon as the last drop of ink fell from the pen, the contract burned to ash. The man was left standing there, what used to be the contract strewn around the room. As he looked into the palms of his hand, his mind was taken over. Six demon eyes were burned into the man's soul forever... Staring at him and willing him to serve for all eternity. This man was now Nulgath's servant.

Story about the transformation from human to fiend. (Un-finished)

The hero was sitting in Yulgar's Inn, drinking some Moglin Berry juice before setting off on another adventure. This time, he had no specific quest in mind... No guaranteed reward for fighting hard. Today was the day that the hero was joining in the war. He only had to decide which side to fight for.

"Hello... Hero." Dage sneered from his throne. The hero looked straight at Dage and frowned.
"Do you have absolutely no respect for your warriors?"
Dage chuckled, "Why should I?"
Again, the hero frowned, "Why should you? Well, for one, if it wasn't for all of your soldiers, you would be some failure necromancer who tried to rise to power and failed."
"If you think that, why would you even come here?" Dage roared in anger, "I should kill you now! Or, better yet, go side with that pathetic Nulgath and I'll kill you later. The hero took Dage's advice... Except the part about his own death.

"Welcome." Nulgath greeted, as the hero walked into his throne room.
The hero bowed, "Lord Nulgath." Peeking up, the hero saw all six of Nulgath eyes were staring at him... Or were they staring through him?
"So, you come seeking power?" Nulgath asked, expecting the usual answer.
"Yes." The hero replied.
"Well, as long as you don't try anything like that foolish Dage did, you should be alright." The hero nodded, then bowed again as he was handed a contract. He signed it and the deal was sealed. His soul now belonged to Nulgath.

"Die!" The hero bellowed, running his blade through another of Dage's puny minions. After signing the contract, the hero's power grew much. After that, he had a craving... A craving for more power. He would travel far, collecting what was required for more contracts... So much fighting... For so much power.
"Argh-" The skeleton cried out, falling to the ground, sliced cleanly in half. He was barely huffing, already hundreds... If not thousands... Countless amounts of dead enemies lay in his wake. Nulgath would be proud. As the last skeleton in the first wave of enemies fell, the hero let out a war cry like none other... It was more of a chatter... A sound a fiend would make.

Nulgath look at the image in front of him with pleasure.
"So, he has given in to the power." He said, watching a feed from one of his sentries. The feed contained the transformation of the hero... He was now a Fiend... A powerful fiend.

"Charr qeen froos!" the hero now turned fiend screamed as he tore through anything put in front of him. Blue and teal mixed with the red of blood... Skulls once perfect now cracked and strewn about. The battlefield was like a living hell. Again, the hero called out, "Charr qeen froos!" Only a fiend would know he was saying "Death to Dage."

< Message edited by .R.M. -- 7/18/2012 22:38:36 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/5/2012 23:09:54   
Kiyone

Part 1: Kiyone's call to arms.

She stood in the pouring rain violent shaking. Not because of the cold water falling on her but from the conflict that would be coming soon. She hated it when she shake like this since it always reminded her of that dark day. A day where she truly learn what fear was. Not even the combine power of the DDog Serpent Armor she wore, the DDog Serpent Blade she clutch desperately in her right hand, and the Crystal Phoenix Blade pet floating around could not comfort her as every bone in her body shake to be free of her flesh. In her left hand she look at the contract she had carry with her for many years. As the rain drops fell on the contract. The power pulsating form the contract push the rain drops away preventing it from getting wet. The young woman thought to her self. Would you approve of the deal I made great Purple Mage? The deal to show only you it was worth saving my existence that day from being another one of them. To have power, power to survive, power to protect, and power to show that your noble sacrifice was worth it. Worth it to me. So I made a deal with a devil. So I have to serve someone unconditional and do things I will regret. At least the deal I made to him was on my terms! An as long as I don't become like them. I can handle this deal with a smile. In her left hand the contract began to grow hot and shake violently as her bones were. In her mind she knew the contract was calling her. To keep her side of the deal she made. To fight, to fight things that scare her, to fight things that she hated, and to fight his enemy. The one who could not keep his end of the bargain. The young woman paused for a moment. She look around for a bit. Trying to find the direction of the village she knew were the Purple Mage resides. When she was satisfied that she was facing the direction as bet she can. She scream at the top of her lungs as in vain hope that the wind will carry her message to the great purple mage. That she was going to fight. She was going to fight the things she hated and was scared of the most because of him. Yet not to worry for her because he at least lets her destroy them as well. Those horrible vile BONES! With that the young woman started walking towards were the contract told her to go. To full fill her one choice in life that will determine her future.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 2: Day 1 of the Great War

Dage's war against Nulgath was a simple plan. Dage's army would do a calculated strike against Nulgath via the underworld. It was the easiest way to get to Nulgath and avoid drawing too much attention to themselves. Dage's plan for his forces to move out when Gravelyn leaves Shadowfall to attend Alina's bridal shower as a sign of good faith with the Alliance against Chaos. As to avoid his Empresses from interfering with his plans. Sadly for Dage, Nulgath had learn of Dage's plan and prepare his forces accordingly.

Kiyone was clad in her DDog Serpent Armor and dark blue Chameleon Cape. She listen carefully as Klunk address Nulgath troops. Her long dark blue hair and Chameleon Cape blew in the underworld air current as Klunk explain the plan of attack to those who were fighting for Nulgath. Everyone here was was part of the first wave. Their mission was to hold a defensive front against Dage and eliminate as many of Dage's soldiers as they can. Once Dage's side has been thin out. They would send word for the Second wave of Nulgaths forces to join them and turn the war into offensive against Dage the Evil. As part of the Nulgath's defense strategy. The Arcanes and Hexs of Nulgath, would cast an illusion spell to make Nulgath's troops look like Dage's soldiers to only Dage's side. Klunk would also have the illusion spell cast on him. Where he would look like a Blade Master and lead a force to steal an important weapon cache on Dage's side. With the confusion created by the illusion spell and the loss of vital equipment. Nulgaths force would easily win this war.

As Nulgaths side prepare prepare for battle. One foolish Hex of Arcane try to cast the illusion spell on Kiyone without her permission. The mage was not aware of Kiyone's hatred for everything that was bones; were the illusion spell would make her appear to be a skeleton warrior. Before the Hex said one one word of the spell. Kiyone already had her DDog Sea Serpent Blade at the Hex's neck and her Guardian Crystal Phoenix Blade of Nulgath Battle Pet ready to strike anyone down who would try to help the Hex. It was only through Klunk's intervention that the Hex was spare Kiyone's wraith. Klunk told Kiyone since she refuse to have illusion spell cast on her. She would have to fight alone and away from the main force. This didn't bother Kiyone since she preferred to fight alone.

The fighting started as the two sides clash against one another. The significance of such an event brought the appearance of the Great Chrono Dragon, Lagdor the Lagonator, Who's presence alone slowed and freeze time itself. Causing many soldiers on both sides to fall in battle. Even thou Kiyone was in range of Lagdor the Lagonator's power. The Chrono Dragon power could not stop Kiyone as she torn into Dage's forces. At first she was consume by rage. A rage created one day by necromancer who try to turn her into an undead. Where the site of every undead in Dage's Legion would set her off. In which nothing but turning them into dust would do for Kiyone. Yet rage can't last forever and Kiyone focus in battle shifted to greed. Greed for a reward she was promise from Nulgath himself. Those who fight for him and survived. Will be rewarded with all the Diamonds of Nulgath they can every want. Kiyone plan on earning as many as she can. Where after she used the ones she needed. The rest of the diamonds would be a present for the Great Purple Mage.

In the heat of battle, hours can feel like minutes. For Kiyone, she didn't realize how long she was fighting against Dage's forces. It was not until she heard a particular siren in the underworld cavern she was fighting in. Kiyone realize how much time had pass for her. The siren she heard was one used to announce that Klunk was entering battlefield. Curious of how the war was going with the main force and wanted to know why Klunk choose now to enter the battlefield. Kiyone made her way back to base. When Kiyone arrived at the base she saw a horrible scene. Klunk was fighting with whats left of wave one main force for Nulgath. They were just holding back Dage's forces form getting to the base. Kiyone quickly headed inside the base to get some answer to what was going. The scene inside the base was as bad as the scene outside the base. Kiyone saw many wounded soldiers. Those in a state of shock, mumble incoherently. Ones with their wills broken spoke of desertion. Proclaiming Nulgath has lost and its not to late to join up with Dage. The rest were preparing to evacuated and regroup with Nulgath's Wave two forces. Frustrated, Kiyone grab a near by Blood fiend of to tell her what happen. but all he did was mumble incoherently.

Kiyone's actions in the base drew the attention of Dimension Champion of Nulgath, he was handling the evacuation of base equipment. He went to Kiyone and explain to her what had happen. He let her know the illusion plan had failed. Dage's force were not fazed with fighting an army of look a likes. Yet their was confusion on Dage's side. Sadly it didn't benefit Nulgaths side. Dage's currency master was given out Legion tokens as rewards for those who fought for Dage but no one told the staff at Legion Token shop in Shadowfall. When word got out of this, every mercenary, wannabe legionnaire and traitorous turn cult sided with Dage's. They exploited the confusion to gain legion treasures without swearing loyalty to Dage. Dage soon learn of this and stop the exploitation of his shops in fear of of losing true Legion members. This confusion did hurt Nulgath's side but it wasn't what defeated them. It was not until Nulgath's side gave into despair. Once soldiers started thinking it was impossible to rally against Dage's forces. Dage's side took a demanding lead against them and they lost. Where many of our would be allies lost their will to fight for Nulgath. Choosing to leave the battlefield or simple change sides. The last nail in our coffin was when word got out that Klunk had stolen Dage's weapon cache. Hearing the Klunk had their weapon cache. Lit a fire in the ice cold souls of Dage's men. They did everything they could do to draw Klunk out. So they would reclaim their precious weapon cache. With our forces heavily depleted and Klunk not waiting to fail Nulgath. He took to the battlefield but even him holding the line we lost the first round.

What the Dimensional Champion had said took a lot of Kiyone. She was not expecting this at all. She wasn't sure what to think or do at this point. As she was lost in thought a stray dark memory appear before her. Where she remember looking into a mirror and saw only a dark blue, long haired, skeleton staring back at her with lifeless eyes. Kiyone became angry and that angry snapped her back to reality. Kiyone realize the low morale with first wave survivors and the high risk that the loss here. Could cause the remaining forces to loss faith in Nulgath. Kiyone knew she had to rally the troops somehow. She told the Dimensional Champion when he reaches Nulgath's second wave base. Prepare a place for Kiyone to speak so she can rally the troops. Since no matter what their side most win since she refuses to look in a mirror like that again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 3: Loyalties

The war had been very vicious. For what felt like two weeks, Kiyone, Klunk and the surviving members of Nulgath's wave one forces held the front line. Giving precious time as the wave two forces prepared for battle and to allow messengers to send word out to the Nulgath Nation that they must fight or else. As the battle on the front line continue, a messenger appear before Klunk giving orders that Kiyone was to return to the Wave 2 base. Kiyone soon left for the wave two base. As she travel to the base Kiyone thoughts were not on the 700 Diamonds of Nulgath she had earn and the riches they brought to here. Kiyone's thoughts were focus on how she would motivate an army of millions to fight a powerful force who has already defeated many of their bothers in arms.

Kiyone arrived at the base to a familiar face. The Dimension Champion of Nulgath who had help her from wave one forces was waiting for her. As they exchange pleasantries. He explain to Kiyone that the preparations she wanted were ready for her and she can give her speech tomorrow. He also inform her that Nulgath's command structure has taken notice of her constructive approach with handling the war so far and that good things awaited her. With that Kiyone bid farewell to the Dimension Champion and headed to get some much needed rest so she can give her speech tomorrow.

Kiyone had trouble sleeping, nightmares form her past prevented her from sleeping. So Kiyone choose to practice her speech at the podium she would be speaking from. As Kiyone went over whats he would say. Kiyone felt a powerful presence coming up to from behind her. One so powerful she felt frozen and her soul was being crush and consume. She knew it was Nulgath before he even spoke a word.

"Interesting, the Nythera fan girl was one of the first to answer my called to arms. Very interesting indeed." said Nulgath.

Kiyone didn't move. She knew any unwanted movement on her part could enraged Nulgath and he may kill her on the spot. Plus given that Nulgath choose to come up from behind made her concern that she may have upsetted the great archfiend. While staying still, Kiyone focus her strength and power to handle being in the presence of Nulgath or risk her body and soul being crush by Archfiend's incredible power and auro. It took all her concentration but Kiyone stabilizing herself enough to handle being in the presence of Nulgath. She then spoke calmly and cautiously to Nulgath

"Greetings Great Nulgath! As one who keeps her word. It was only natural, I would answer your call to fight. You needed my power and I responded with my blade to those who don't keep their word." said Kiyone.

"You mean my power Kiyone. Curious why do you have Dage's Ragnarok sword? Are you another traitor I should devour?" said Nulgath who appear to be agitated by her previous answer.

A weaker person would have panic at this point but Kiyone remain calm under the accusation.

"The power you gave me is mine until you want me to return it to you.. While I do not approve or condole Dage's actions. I do appreciate the fine craftsmanship Dage put into the Ragnarok. So I took it from Dage's defeated forces as a war spoil. This weapon like the ones I earn from you will be yielded for the proper side." said Kiyone.

With that Kiyone slowly took out contract she made with Nulgath and raise it high with her left arm to answer Nulgath's third question. Their was only silence for a moment. Kiyone couldn't tell if her answer pleased or insulted Nulgath. Kiyone then felt Nulgath's power increase and the next thing she knew. Nulgath was staring her down with his six orange eyes. His stare felt like it was probing every part of her being.

"Why do you plan to speak for me? When all I have to do is say to my followers is fight or die? said an angry Nulgath.

The power and stress with handling Nulgath Aura and questioning was really starting to tax on Kiyone. She felt her stamina was weaken but she stood firm.

"I choose to take the intuitive like I did with my contract to you. I will make sure my fellow Nulgathians will fight for you by any means necessary. For my words will make sure the ears are open for you sacred commands." said Kiyone.

A creepy grin form on Nulgaths lips. He stood up tower over Kiyone. Nulgath didn't take his eyes off her. He watch to see if her calm expression would change to one of panic and doubt. With his right hand he snapped his fingers. His Mighty Overfiend blade then appear in his right hand. Nulgath then swung at the podium. The power of his sword completely destroy the podium sending debris flying by Kiyone. Kiyone didn't move, she allow the debris to fly by her. All the while staying calm. Nulgath with his left hand started to scratch his chin.

"You play a dangerous game Kiyone. A hero who is align with GOOD. A Void knight who is not one of my void breeds. You don't fully utilize the true power of m DDog Sea Serpent set, my Arcane, the Crystal Phoenix Blade , and its pet counterpart, the Guardian Crystal Phoenix Blade. Yet you act and behave like one of most powerful EVIL generals. You know if you displease me for an instant. Their is no way the purple mage would save your life for a second time." said Nulgath.

Kiyone eyes open completely wide from the last statement. As something sleeping in her soul awaken. She stood up and stare back at Nulgath. Any hesitation or doubt she had was gone. She confidently spoke to Nulgath.

"Their will be no need for the Great Purple Mage to save my life again. For I came to you so she would never have to save me again." said Kiyone

A wicked smile appears on Nulgath's face

"And that is why I allow you to serve me. The fire in your soul and your approach to my world is very interesting. Just make sure your speech tomorrow is as interesting as you are.
Nulgath please with Kiyone, left so he can handle the other issues with this war. With Nulgath finally away from her, Kiyone finally allow her body to power down and relax from being in his presence. As soon as she did she fell face first to the ground exhausted. To be in Nulgath presence is like having a malevolent hungry consuming your soul with only your sheer force of will keeping it at bay. Satisfied that she survived and prove to Nulgath her loyalties. Kiyone allow herself to fell asleep and rest.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 4: Guide Them

The morning before Nulgath's wave two forces were to engage Dage's Legion Was a hectic scene. Last minute war preparations were going on everywhere. The war shops were filled with new gear and items. Nulgath's Generals were going over plans of attack with their divisions. Spies were turning in the latest info about Dage's plan. Soldiers were preparing the weapons, helms, armor, classes, pets, and capes for battle. For Kiyone she was prepare to inspire many of her fellow Nulgathians to fight.

Kiyone was standing in the middle of one many a large open desolate fields in the underworld. Fields compose of only jagged rock structures, barren trees whose branches twist all around, an unantural sky that felt it would consume your soul, and it the distance glowing like red giant sun, the Overgate. These desolate fields will serve as the battlefield for when Dage's Legion approach. Even thou she had gain new weapons, armors, and powers. Kiyone stood their clad in her trusty DDog Serpent gear. As Kiyone's long dark Blue hair and Chameleon cape blew in hollowing winds of desolate fields. She look around to see tens of thousands of her fellow Nulgathians watching and waiting for her to speak. While Kiyone was given permission to speak to the army by Nulgath's command structure. Nulgath felt it be best for Kiyone to speak to a smaller portion of the over six million strong forces he had gather. Mainly ones who will give Kiyone a hard time as she spoke to them.

Kiyone look around her. Everywhere she look, Kiyone saw an array of all Nulgath's void breeds, revontheus, EVIL heroes, makais, and other minions who called Nulgath master. In the air Kiyone can feel the tension these Nulgathians had. They wanted to fight, fight badly, and fight anything. With microphone in hand. Kiyone raise it to her lips and she open her lips to speak. As soon as she did then began.

For the crowd they had a simple unified goal in mind beside crushing Dage and his Legion. To mess with Kiyone and prevent her from speaking to them. They didn't want to listen to some random hero give a speech.They wanted to fight, they wanted items, they wanted power they wanted to become legends themselves, and just mess with people who were beneath them. She was a simple GOOD hero who didn't wear what they wear, speak like how they speak, and behave how they behave. To this crowd Kiyone was simple beneath them all.

Every time Kiyone open her mouth they roar back at her. They scream insults, profanity, demands, jokes, threats, and any noise they can make to silence Kiyone. Just as they started to growl at her while throwing any garbage they can at her. Kiyone quietly open her inventory bag and took out four large cover picture. Placing them in north, south, east, and west direction so each part of the crowd can see them. With an embarrass look on her face that she had to resort to this. She remove the cover on all the pictures. The crowd soon went dead silent. From what Kiyone show them. They give her their respect and listen.

"We each game to Nulgath for different reasons. Where going to be fighting for Nulgath for different reasons. Because of these different reasons we are all connected as one to Nulgath. Coming here to fight against Nulgath is Dage the Evil. Dage wants is to take out Nulgath. That's the same as if he was taking out our reasons. To us our reasons our are lives. We cannot aloud Dage to take that away from us. Our brothers in arms who fight before us. They aloud Dage and his legion to take their reasons away. Now their gone. I refuse to go away, I will not fall. My reason is my life and I plan to live. In the end we are all one because of our reasons. As one we have choice in this war. Fight for our reasons and live or lose our reasons and die. So as one what shall we do!?" said confident Kiyone

The crowd was silent. Many were in deep though of what Kiyone said. Other were just trying to figure out what she said. For those who just wanted to hurry this up and fight they knew what to do next. They started chanting Nulgath in unison As this crowd here this chant other join in and soon this whole crowd was chanting his name. Kiyone was amaze as what she was experience. The hope she though almost lost in the first part of the war was renew and stronger then every. Satisfied that she accomplish what she had hope to. Kiyone raise her DDog Sea Serpent Sword and used to indicate to the crowd to move out and fight

The second part of the war went on for a few days. Both sides were evenly match but in the end as reports came to Nulgath. his forces had successfully repelled Dage's Legion for now. As he was going over which division did well. He notice the division Kiyone was in had the most kills and least fatalities of all his forces. A sinister grin appear on his face from reading the report. Nulgath wonder to himself. What the interesting girl would do next against Dage's final push against him.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Part 5: Front Line Duel with Dage

The Dage Vs Nulgath war has been a brutal war. Tension was running high amongst soldiers on both sides. Loyalties were question and the future unsure. Nulgath and Dage were taking no chances. They both change their recruitment procedures so they can both bring in fresh troops to help their respected sides. They each offer more treasures for those who will fight for them. Lastly, both side brought in every solider they had available to deploy. Over 25 million soldiers for each side. Kiyone, because of her performance in part two of the war was station in the front lines near the Overgate. This was the first time Kiyone had a good look of the mysterious giant red orb that that lit the underworld like a red sun minus the heat. While waiting for Dage's army, Kiyone ponder the significance of why they were fighting here in particular and the purpose of the Overgate itself.

When Dage and his Legion arrive for battle. It didn't start off as mindless fighting. Dage and Nulgath spoke to each other. Kiyone was too far away to hear what they were saying specifically but was close enough to see Dage give a signal to his General Lakan. Where Laken did something to the Overgate and change its appearance to a Legion Blue. The next few moments were a blurred. The Overgate suck in everyone as pure energy and teleported them into an unknown place. Scatter both sides all around. Durning the teleportation Kiyone felt something inside her had awaken from a long slumber or being change into energy had upset-ted her stomach. Kiyone wasn't sure.

After rematerialized on the other side of the Overgate. Kiyone was shock to see where she was. Instead of being in some dark level of the abyss. She was surprise to see she was in a small clearing in a beautiful forest with a bright blue sky. Their was a beautiful town on the outskirts of this wonderful forest. Which reminded Kiyone of the village she live in when she was a child before a powerful necromancer attack her village. The Overgate was present in this world as well as well. The Overgate here thou felt different then it did in the underworld but Kiyone wasn't sure how exactly. This world look like a paradise until Kiyone saw millions of solider take form as they were brought to this side to fight. As the solider rematerialized. They immediately started fighting anyone who was the enemy or went off to join with any groups they can find on their respective sides. In the distance Kiyone heard the generals and commanders on both side telling their solider to come here or their. Kiyone soon realize she was in enemy territory and before she can make an attempt to regroup with Nulgath's main force. A small group of Legion soldiers attack her. Using her DDog Sea Serpent Blade(long form) and her Guardian Crystal Phoenix Blade pet. Kiyone made quick work of the enemy unit. As she stared at their lifeless remain on the ground. Kiyone felt a rage stirring in her soul. Because of Dage and his men. The horrors of war have to come to this world, a sin that was unforgivable.

As Kiyone started to head out of the clearing. She saw dead bodies of her fellow nulgathians fly past her. She then felt a strong, dark, cold, and powerful presence coming her way. The only other time she felt something of this caliber was from Nulgath himself. Kiyone knew, Dage the Evil was here.

Dage the Evil enter the clearing. After having soiled his blade with the blood of some foolish Nulgathians who thought they can take on the great, Dage the Evil. Dage felt a strong soul that made him sick to his icy core. One that scream of GOODness and hope. A soul he knew he had to either destroy or turn into some more fitting. One of EVIL and vile. In the clearing he saw standing over the bodies of his fallen soldiers. A young woman glad in DDog Sea Serpent armor. She had dark blue cape that match her long hair. In her hands was a DDog Sea Serpent Sword(long form) ready to clash with his sword, the Soul Kris Blade. The woman instead of foolishly rushing or yelling stupid insults at Dage. Stood their silently watching him with rage filled eyes. Waiting for him to make the first move. Pausing for a bit, Dage thought of the best way to address this woman. When he was ready, Dage address the lone fighter.

"Your different from the others who blindly follow Nulgath. Even with that misguided rage I see in your eyes. You remain cold, calm, and calculating. Your ego seems to be in check and by the looks of what ya did to my men. A formidable fighter. If it wasn't for the fact you reek of GOODness. You would be perfect for my Legion." said Dage.

Kiyone stood their in her battle position. Focusing her strength and power so her body can handle being in Dage's presence and fighting him. Kiyone eyes were locked on Dage the Evil. Observing every movement he was making. In her mind Kiyone was going over every action she can take in this scenario to defeat Dage. Every comment or phrase she can say. Everything she can do to save this new land from the horrors of this war.

"Your defiantly a good observer Dage. Your right on all accounts except one. Theirs no way I would be fit for your bone filled Legion!" said a serious Kiyone.

"Are you sure about that? Did that annoying contract of Nulgath truly gave you what you wanted? I know from personal experience, anything Nulgath calms as contract fulfilled is total garbage. You'll just be another soul for him to consume once you out live your usefulness to him. The way I see things with you. Your a GOOD hero who knows deep down inside that true power lies with EVIL. Yet your afraid to go all in. Making you an easy mark for Nulgath. Can you honestly tell me you want to live an eternity in his ice cold shadow? said Dage.

If Dage would of attack Kiyone right now, she would have been finish. The barrage of serious questions got Kiyone off guard for a few seconds as her mind tried to remember why she even justified any paths that involved Nulgath of all creatures. Dage had brought up a lot of serious things Kiyone would have to reflect on but this was not the time. Kiyone answer Dage as best as she can.

"I appreciate your concern Dage. Especially considering were enemies on a battlefield meeting for the first time. I would like to answer your questions but to be honest I don't know the answers for them ye.t" replied Kiyone.

Because of the helm Dage wore. Kiyone couldn't gauge Dage's facial reaction. Kiyone saw Dage move his right hand to his weapon handle but he did not remove it from his sword from his sheath yet. Instead he opted to talk some more.

"I see, well I hope for your sake the correct answer comes to you soon... ...I knew I was forgetting something. We haven't introduce ourselves yet. I am Dage the Evil, Great Leader of the Undead Legion and you are? ask a conceded Dage.

"I'm the Blue Knight of the Void, Kiyone." replied Kiyone

"Kiyone, that is a lovely name. Kiyone, let me great straight to the point since you have been respectful to your superior. I'm giving you once in life time offer You have what it take to be an excellent member of my Legion. I can easily see you as Legion Jolly Roger once you abandoned your GOOD heart and give in to EVIL. Tell me what it it would take for you to join my Legion and your soul can be free from whatever contract you made with Nulgath" said Dage.

Kiyone immediately responded. This was one answer she didn't need to think about.

"I won't join your Legion, Dage. I doubt you want a traitor by your side. Beside I doubt even with your skills. You can make all the Nythera based item to change my mind. replied a serious Kiyone.

Dage would normally be angry when someone refuses his offer. Instead Dage went into a mental shock. Of all his days with dealing with heroes wanting his items or to be granted powers to moderate his Legion. He never heard such an odd request coming from left field said so serious to him. The only way his mind was able to process it was to laugh. Dage broke out into a fit of laughter which lasted for a minute. After Dage stop laughing he unsheathe his Soul Kris Blade and pointed it at Kiyone

"How dare you make me laugh! THEIR IS NO HUMOR IN MY LEGION! I'm so going to enjoy destroying your ungrateful soul. Last words, Kiyone?" said a very upset Dage.

"Wreck and Rule!" replied Kiyone

Kiyone and Dage started their duel. They ran to the other with swords drawn out in the middle of the clearing. When they got in range, both of them started swinging their mighty blades at one another. Each time their swords made contact with one another. They pulsated with incredible power that send small shock waves in the area. Which was felt by the Legion members who had gather around to watch their master fight. These soldiers soon started to cheer their master on. Chanting Dage in unison. Yet Kiyone didn't allow the chanting to distract her from the task at hand. She kept focus. As she kept trading and dodging blows with Dage. Kiyone made sure every strike she swung at Dage was at full force of her blade while holding it with both hands to increase the force of the swings. Constantly trying to keep the pressure on Dage until he messes up and leaves an open for Kiyone to take advantage of.

For Dage, he was enjoying this fight. He needed a good warm up before he face Nulgath and Kiyone was surprisingly provided one for him. Normally his enemies are destroy by just being in his presences but this Blue Knight of the Void was able to keep up with him move for move and still provide a counter offense against him. Yet Dage wasn't worried. Even thou he was furious at Kiyone. Dage wasn't being serious with her. Only wielding his sword with his one hand. Dage was doing what he consider weak strike against Kiyone. He also saw chips and cracks forming in the DDog Sea Serpent Set as Kiyone push her powers to their limit. Dage knew victory was assured. He was just deciding on the right way to kill her.

After few more clashes with their swords. Dage decided on using dark magic as the means to kill Kiyone. From Dage's helm, a blue light shine on Kiyone. Kiyone wasn't sure what Dage cast on her but she kept on fighting him. It was not until she saw her reflection in Dage's visor, Kiyone began to freak out.

"NO! NOT AGAIN! I CAN'T BE UNDEAD!" scream Kiyone.

That was the moment Dage needed. He put his Soul Kris Blade in his left hand and with the right hand he cast and fired a powerful blast at Kiyone. The blast took the form of giant, blue Legion skull, at her. The blast made impact with Kiyone's armor and weapon and exploding on contact. Sending her flying into multiple tree. Where she broke these trees in half from the momentum her body was going from blast. Until she finally crash into a large rock. Which crack from impacted but didn't break. Kiyone fell off the rock face first into the ground. Her DDog Sea Serpetn Set shattered into pieces as she lay in the ground. If Dage's helm can show emotion. He would be grinning very smugged right now. The blue light he shine on Kiyone from his helm was the same illusion spell the Nulgathians had previously cast on themselves during the first part of the war. From Kiyone's answers to his question he had surmised she had a fear of the undead and wanted to see how she would react if she thought she was one. Dage was happy with the results.

Dage went up to Kiyone. He look down on her and was surprise to see she was alive. He seem to have misjudge the power of DDog Sea Serpent Set which took the full blunt of his attack and the damage she took from being flung here. Yet it didn't matter to him. All that matter was taking her powerful soul to increase his own power. As he raised his blade to chop off Kiyone's head. For a split second Dage though he heard a faint voive said move but ignore it. Dage swung his blade at Kiyone but instead of making contact with her neck it was block by two purple Dragon wings coming out Kiyone's back. As he sense a surge of power coming from Kiyone's body Dage jump back and watch as the wings lifted her off the ground. Kiyone stare at Dage but her look was different. She seem to be possessed and her eyes glow purple.

"Did her body became Charropted somehow? No, this power isn't CHAOS. Its similar thou. Wait, I know this power, its void energy. Nythera's void energy. Who are you really?" though Dage out loud.

As Kiyone hover above the ground. Her body began to glow purple. Void energy came out of her and reforming her shatter armor and weapon. Pointing her sword at Dage, the Possessed Kiyone said one word in a very low toned to him.

"Fight" said Possessed Kiyone

Kiyone flew at Dage and they began dueling again. Dage had to fight serious now. Kiyone's power and strength had increase significantly making her strikes an actually threat to him. Plus with the advantage of flight she had on him now. Dage had to be more careful. The only advantage he seem to have with this fight. Kiyone fighting skills had drop significantly. Whatever was controlling her was not a good fighter and left many wide openings with their attacks. Mainly relying on their pure power. Dage realize that a prolong fight with this possessed girl would be bad for him since he couldn't afford to waste too much energy before his confrontation with Nulgath. Using one of the opens she was giving him. Dage caught her by the face and flung her back at the rock she crash on earlier.

"Here me my Legion! I had my fun! Kill her and bring me her soul! I have a war to attend to!" proclaim Dage.

Dage left the clearing. The Legion members who had gather to watch their master fight. Swarm Kiyone who had gotten back up on her feet form crashing into the rock a second time. Before they can strike at her. A loud voice came from the Contract of Nulgath Kiyone was caring.

"THIS SOUL BELONGS TO ME DRAGON!"

With that, more energy pure out of Kiyone. She began screaming in pain as the two powers began fighting against one another. Her body began to glow a Nulgath red. Kiyone's armor and sword started changing forms. They were turning and cycling through all the armors and weapon Kiyone had gotten from Nulgath. The Legion members near by fled. They didn't want to mess with this and risk Kiyone exploding on them. The pain Kiyone was feeling was intense and woke her up form her possession. She scream in agony as the two forces fought for her soul. It was so intense she past out from the pain.

When Kiyone woke up, she find she was laying alone in front of the rock she crash in to twice. Their was no sign of the Legion near by. As she got herself up she felt different. The energies from her contract of Nulgath were gone. It had simple become a normal document. She also felt a small void in herself. Like a part of herself was gone. Being quiet exhaust she lean on the cracked rock. As she lean, Kiyone notice her armor and weapon had change dramatically. Her armor became a hybrid of Nythera's personal clothes if they were a metal armor and DDog Sea Serpent armor in Kiyone's Dark blue color scheme. Kiyone's weapon also hand change in the same colors as her armor. The sword became an even longer version of the DDog Sea Serpent sword but dragon aspect of it were change to reflect Nythera. A pulse of power came from the armor and weapon and Kiyone knew what happen. Whatever Nythera did to her to save her from became an undead when she was a child. Kiyone somehow gain part of Nythera's life essence or soul, the Overgate somehow awaken it from ts dormant slumber while teleporting her, and it save Kiyone from Dage. Yet the contract didn't like that and it fought the Nythera presence. Where they end outcome was the contract energies and Nythera presence leaving her body and forming this new powerful armor and weapon.

This was a lot for Kiyone to take in but she knew she didn't have the time to reflect on this now. Their was a war to win. Kiyone immediately change out of her new gear. Kiyone didn't want anyone to know about this new armor and weapon just yet. Especially Nulgath, since Kiyone didn't really want to explain this and fear Nulgath's potential reaction to this. . Kiyone bought on her Arcane of Nulgath and took out her Guardian Phoenix Blade. She then headed to The Nulgathians area of the war so she can find a safe place to rest. Meanwhile, Nulgath grin sinisterly as he knew he was one step closer to having complete control of Kiyone's soul.

< Message edited by Skids -- 8/8/2012 20:36:37 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
7/6/2012 2:34:37   
Hiro Sempai

The wind grabs the dirt from the ground and it sways dust around the ankles of the undead horde. The sound of marching and thick fog of darkness clouds around the field of the fiends. Blue eyes gloom and swifty move from side to side. Each step heavy and loud that the earth quakes. The sounds of metal crying and screaming. Air around his helmet whistles a dark tune. One a mortal will never forget. His sword large and is held across his shoulders. With screams of the forsaken for its scars. His magic lifts the dead. His armor like no other, and power not to be frowned upon by unworthy eyes.

The wind grabs the dirt from the ground as it pauses for a fiend with a body so large the very sound of it stills the life of mother earth. He clinches his fist and cackles loudly. His eyes glow bright red and he glances at the necromancer.

"So, you have come to die? Such a shame that this will end so quickly." The fiend said as he grasped his blade.

The necromancer just stood there. Motionless. Even more still as the air around him.

The fiend charged at the necromancer at an incredible speed. The earth shattered with each step. He leaped into the air sword ablaze and cut the afterimage of the necromancer.

"I don't need to even lift a my weapon, You are already at a disadvantage. Nulgath." The necromancer hissed.

Nulgath turned to see the necromancer behind him.

"You don't even use your true form to fight? Are you scared of me Dage?" Nulgath hissed back.

Dage grabbed his blade and pointed it at Nulgath. The undead nodded and charged at the fiend at great speed.
Nulgath grabbed a few with his large hands and slammed them into the ground. Then quickly turned slicing them with his blade.
Nulgath laughed malevolently and grabbed Dage out the cloud of dust and tossed him like a rock.
"You don't know what you are getting yourself into!" Nulgath screamed as he teleported in front of the still tossed Dage and started a barrage of punches. Dage's armor started to break and a large mist came out of the armor.

"Foolish fiend. You have damaged my armor! You will pay a great deal for this!" Dage howled as his armor split apart.

Nulgath paused and stepped back as the Necromancer slowed his true form.

His eyes were cold and glowed in the mist around him. His body was tall and he grew horns from his head. He howled demonically and screamed into the night's sky.

"Now, the fight will begin!" Nulgath called as he summoned his fiends.

Dage roared with great anger and with his fist thrown at Nulgath.

Nulgath's minon Revontheus shielded Nulgath with his wings. He flexed his wings out and sent shards of raw mana percing though Dage's body. "My liege are alright?" Revontheus asked. Nulgath pushed him aside and growled "Don't get in my way. This is my fight. If you get in my way again I be rid of you." Revontheus nodded and rushed in the hordes of undead and started to take rows down with a single swing of his blade.

"Nulgath, You wil perish!" Dage yelled as he charged at Nulgath at mach speed. Nulgath snarled and charged at Dage full force. "I will seal you into banishment one again. No...I will make sure you never return from wince you came! I will send you into the void, forever in its lonely abyss!" Nulgath growled as he charged at Dage while sword ablaze.

Dage smirked and yelled "The void is only welcome to the fiends! I will make sure of that! The legion Will rise!"

A bright light flared as they clashed, then two blurs of red and blue clashed into the sky. Each clash resulting in a earth shattering blow. Shock waves blew back fiends and undead surrounding them.

This is war!

Dage was sent flying into the ground from Nulgath's punch. "Its time to send in my Blade masters!" Dage snarled as he raised his hands high and rose a single undead. The blade master. One of Dage's perfections. Its power and speed is unmatched. His eyes covered and his sword worn from countless battles. This undead has seen better days indeed.

The blade master was silent and calm. "Revontheus, destroy the blade master!" Nulgath commanded. Revontheus nodded and flash stepped though hordes of undead and with each step leveling the field with energy. The blade master hissed softly and sprinted at a incredible speed. A wave of pure energy was left in its place. Then a shock wave sent everything behind him into pure ash.

"Prepare to die!" Revontheus scream as he collided into the blade master sword against sword. When they collided the power was so tremendous that pulses of pure energy seeped though the earth and rise it as if was nothing but floating feathers. The energy of these to soldiers kept the rocks that were risen still. They continued to lock blades with each swing. "Perish into the void you disgusting fiend!" Dage yelled as his lower body became a misty dark blue. Nulgath cackled and put his right hand forward. "The mana I have is endless I will be on higher ground every time fool!" Nulgath's hand gathered mana at a alarming rate and fired a large wave of pure energy at Dage. Dage grabbed the blast and redirected it towards the sky. "Your little blasts won't do you any good Nulgath! Its time to end this!" Dage growled as his misty lower half collected souls around him. Dage's body became to get larger and larger. He was now Ten times the size of Nulgath! "The bigger they are! The harder they get their skull crushed!" Nulgath hissed as he charged his blade up with raw mana energy.

Dage swigged his fist at nulgath. Nulgath catched it with one hand! "This is really making me mad. Don't you see that I am not going to give up!" Nulgath yelled as large sparks of energy zap around his body. Nulgath vanished and reappeared in front of Dage's face. Nulgath then slammed his fist into Dage's eye and sent him quickly flying back. "Peace of cake!" Nulgath cackled and teleported around bouncing dage with punches. Dage flew around the sky with every punch delivered by Nulgath. "I can't move...What did you do to me fiend!?" Dage cried.

Nulgath cackled and said "I used a spell to stun you. Nice right? Really gets the job done!"

Dage fell to the ground unable to move. Nulgath walked to Dage smiling devilishly and dragging his sword."I will pull you into the womb of the void! And once you enter there is no escape. Bwa ha ha ha ha!"Nulgath cackled as he slammed the hilt of his blade on the ground. 5 magical rune circles appeared from beneath Dage. The sky grew dark and the moon glowed bright red. The fiends paused their fight against the undead and began to chant.

"No Darn you! Darn you!" Dage cried as he laid helpless. The blade master charged at Nulgath full assault. "My liege!" Revontheus screamed as he ran towards the blade master. Nulgath turned and glanced at the blade master with cold dark eyes. Suddenly the blade master stopped and exploded into a wave of darkness. Dage's eyes widened and in awe of Nulgath's power. "You were holding back! You didn't even try to fight me at full power!" Dage cried. Nulgath just smiled and said "Because, what fun would it be to torture such a weak little soul? Just toying with you gives me entertainment." He suddenly grimaced and said "You will never ever be as strong or equal to me. You are just a tool for my amusement. Nothing more. The void is my toy chest and when I'm ready to play with you again I'll make sure that I'll use full power next time."

Dage's rage and anger was outstanding. As the void portal opened Nulgath's spell wore off. "Time to play then!" Dage yelled as he grabbed Nulgath by his ankles and dragged him in the void portal.

The portal closed and the runes faded away. The undead vanished and Revontheus looked at the ground and said " Nulgath is truly a monster...."

The void was crawling with nightmarish fiends of all kinds. It was cold dark and damp. Dage and Nulgath was inside, eye to eye and bearing fangs. "This has gone far to long Nulgath! Its time that I use One hundred percent power!" Dage yelled. "Then lets do this!" Nulgath grinned devilishly as five runes of mana circled around him. Large sparks of energy flew around his body and his body started to get larger and larger. His blood flew through his veins and his jaws locked with great strain. Dage's body collected large amounts of mana and power as well. His body took the form of a jackal on his hind legs. Nulgath let his sword float in the air using telepathy. "Time we end this!" Nulgath growled as his sword came at Dage at incredible speed. "Hmph!" Dage growled as his legs pulsed and he took off at light speed behind nulgath and kicked him into the sky. Nulgath groaned with pain and turned around to see Dage in his face. Dage laughed manically and punched Nulgath in the face with massive power. Large pulses of energy flew from the incoming blow and sent Nulgath flying straight down into the pit of the void. Nulgath's sword came at Dage and cut his back. Dage screamed and grabbed the fiend's sword and threw it across the void.

Nulgath stood up and glared at Dage and jumped at him at mach speed and let loose a large mouth cannon. Dage knocked it back like a common fly. "HOW ABOUT YOU COME AT TRY THAT AGAIN!" Dage yelled as he speed dashed towards Nulgath. With each blow landed by these two monsters left a rift in the void. Nulgath started to chant and his sword came back and revolved around him at incredible speed. Dage growled and punched the sword but left no effect. "Chains of the Abyss!" Nulgath called as chains came from under Dage and constricted him. "Its time to put the toy back into its box!" Nulgath screamed. Dage screamed as burst out of the chain and let loose a large pulse of mana tearing large holes in the void.

"I will not fall to you simple parlor tricks!" Dage yelled. Nulgath grimaced and said "Darn it I need the hero. To aid me!"

As little does Nulgath know I have been watching this from Shadowfall. Gravelyn then said "Hiro Sempai, aid this Nulgath in this fight and confine Dage long enough. Dage has crossed the line and he must halt his attacks. Bring him to his senses or bring him down!"

I nodded and rushed down to the war zone. I knew what was going down and its time to be order where chaos reigns.

I proceeded to the war zone to see Revontheus. He turned around and walked towards me then said "Hero it would be greatly appreciated to aid my master and take down Dage."

"I would try my best to restrain Dage, not to harm him. I will let Nulgath do that. I need to know where they are first." I asked as dust clouds kept rushing from every direction.

Revontheus pointed his blade to the ground. "They went to the void. I can take you there but it requires a lot of power." Revontheus explained. I nodded and Revontheus sat down and opened his wings as he started to chant. His eyes glowed bright white and his sword fumed with darkness. Suddenly he swiftly stood up and cut a rift in the ground.

"I used all of my power to create a permanent rift to the void. You must hurry Hero, who knows what Dage has done..." Revontheus glared. I nodded once more and dived into the rift. The winds rushed around my body as if I was flying. As I landed on my feet on a platform I saw Nulgath and Dage still landing blow after blow.

I need a plan to stop them...Or this war will never end....I can't just walk up to Dage and attack. He is extremely powerful and out of my league. But there must be some reason why Gravelyn chose me to aid Nulgath....

< Message edited by Hiro Sempai -- 7/15/2012 3:40:07 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
7/6/2012 6:17:07   
blankmaskara

The mage scratched his hair from under his hood as he walked towards the portal, unsure of what he was doing.

He knew that as a soldier of Evil and a sworn enemy of Chaos, he should be fighting off the remnants of the Chaos that lingered in the victim areas, but yet he was still here, soon to be fighting his fellow soldiers of evil.

Should I do this? I have better things to do.. Besides, not like this battle's really important anyways for Lore.

But even though the war wouldn't, or at the very least, not really impact Lore, it was still important to him.

Not long before, the mage had sworn loyalty to Nulgath out of greed, willing to kill anything he could to get the vessel of power he so desired: the Arcane of Nulgath. But then, as he went on, his search for the tainted items had started to drag almost too long for him to handle, and soon enough, he found himself too tired to go on.

And so he stopped.

For several months, the mage had been off to many different places, slaying whatever he could, ignoring the tempting calls of Nulgath back to his lair for yet another quest, and the tainted items that once held such precious space in his pouches were now being used only as something to earn petty, mundane gold with.

But then, when Dage arrived with his own set of equipment, hoping to draw in his own followers just like Nulgath did, the mage became infuriated. He believed that this undead overlord-wannabe was merely a shadow of Nulgath, and even his larvae form, Miltonius.

That undead clad in black armor and blue energy had tried to do the same thing Nulgath did, he tried to imbue his weapons and armor with powerful darkness, and although he succeeded, the mage never once had been tempted to switch lords, steadfast in his belief that only Nulgath was the strongest lord of Evil there ever was, despite his nature to not participate in Lorian matters.

However, that was until now.

The mage felt the man that went by the name Dage get even more powerful, his followers rapidly increasing in number, his weapons almost matching the power of the weapons of Lord Nulgath himself.

But just almost.

The mage, holding his staff tightly, released a beam of energy, summoning his other staves and swords, now quietly forming a moving circle behind him, now renewed with newfound courage and unswerving loyalty for Lord Nulgath, ready to die for him. And even though he knew he wasn't as strong as he once was, he would continue to fight and do everything in his power to make his master win the war and show Dage once and for all how much
he paled in comparison to his nemesis.

So, taking the Lachrymal Sword into his hands, and switching his simple wooden stave with a staff entirely composed of violent, powerful mana (which he had not long ago obtained, or more specifically, bought), he stepped into the portal and vanished.

Post #: 6
8/14/2012 21:47:10   
Storm

Blue.

Death stared into my eyes.The Undead titan swung with two massive blades still dripping with blood of voids. His movements were surprisingly fast, for someone- something so huge. I evaded.

This was the best part. Heh, the fun begins now. I evaded him again, moving through realities to emerge behind. Nothing could have prepared him for this. My win was imminent. I could see it in his eyes. There was no fire, no desire. The battle was over. I unsheathed my katana, and slashed through his armour. His soul emerged escaping from his 'body' I felt his joy in freedom.
Quickly before he escapes. I trapped his soul inside my spell. Delicious.

Cold.

I never sensed it. Only after I saw the glowing katana in my chest did I feel the murderous instinct present in this being.
Who was this? What was this? My body was cold. I turned around and saw my killer.

Blue.

Death stared into my eyes. But this was no Undead Titan. I knew this identity well. I heard many tales of him. A man who gave up humanity to become stronger willingly. A man capable of moving on equal speeds as dimensional champions. A man capable of hiding his murderous intent till its too late. Stealth, speed, power, skill all found home in this one body. Laken withdrew his sword from my chest. My blood fled from my demonic body. I staggered. Anger filled my veins. For what have I worked so hard for? To die? Especially now? When victory is so close?

Irritation took over my pain. I felt anger rather than fear. I should have been more careful. I could have been more careful. Laken stood still, observing me. I felt him measuring me. Understanding me? No. Emotions do not humour this being.

His hands moved. I barely evaded the first strike to slice my throat. I felt panic. Calm down, just focus. Another dodge. I was reading his movements surprisingly well but knew all too well to underestimate him meant death. More attacks flew from his blade, his will to kill hung in the air suffocating.

I decided to attack. A quick slash to create distance. Successful. I moved realities and shadow stepped behind him. A chance.
"You think I can't follow the movements if your shadow step? Please..."
His movements were a blur. His katana buried deep into my right shoulder. More blood escaped my body. I staggered back. Pain dominated my body. He calmly walked towards me. My body was moving on its own. Fear moved me away like a puppet. Is this guy serious? Are there really people like him on the battle field? I know I'm no weakling... but... there is THIS much difference in our strength.

He disappeared and re emerged right in front of me. Distance had no meaning.
"There is always someone stronger. Take those words to your afterlife. Provided you get one"
I was too tired to move. I was to weak to move. For the last time he drove his sword through my chest. My knees gave way and darkness took over me. The end of the road was here. My dying sight could still see void breeds battling undead. Comrades dying. Comrades moving on. No one cares about death. In this battle death has no meaning. Our rulers control death. We are already dead.

Anger. Frustration. Irritation. This is it? Why did I come to fight?
"To Win". Heavy words echoed in my head. They were not mine. Surprise and shock chilled up my spine.

Heh. So you were watching huh?

"I watch everyone and everything. Are you going to disappoint me?"

I'm not yours to control. Remember? I'm the only one who can actually read and understand what the contract means. I've taken measures.

"Ha! Is dying one of those measures?"

Really funny. Its not a bad option when you think about it. Better than listening to you.

"If you die, I will definitely control your soul. Death owes me a few favours"

"Or. You could win. That could work too."

Why don't you just kill me like you do to others?

"You interest me."

"Its really up to you. Look how nice I am? I'm giving you an option"

Your a really good business man. I'll give you that.

"Better win then"

His voice faded as he stopped communing. "Better win then". Man, easier said than done. He knows I'll die in my condition. If I die, then he is guaranteed to control me. If I win. Then I'll be a HUGE benefit to him. Laken is a threat even in Nulgath's eyes.

You still there?

"Yep"

You know I'll lose if I fight him on my own.

"Are you suggesting that I enter the battle field?"

No. I don't want to be anywhere near you. Send Revonthus. It will be fitting.

"Hehe, that's very cunning. Very well. But you'll have to survive till he gets there"

Thanks a lot.

"Anytime. If you can't handle it though. Feel free to die."

Feel free to die? Heh. Power. Look where it gets you. Sometimes I wish I was weak. The weak have it easy you know. They simply get told what do you. And the're too weak to understand the situation. But if you're strong... things become really different. Knowledge is a gift as much as it is a curse.

My bleeding had stopped. I closed my eyes and devised a plan. Strength was returning to my body. I felt warmth. I felt the heat of the battle. Saw fire of the hex. Heard cries of the fallen. Most importantly I felt Laken's presence. He was close by. I felt him moving. I felt him killing. This was going to be a drag.

I got up, and summoned my katana. It emerged from my shadow. Still sharp as shadows. I took of the plating fitted in my plain clothes. This was going to be a battle of speed. If Laken wants speed. I'll give him speed. Walking around I hid behind rocks close to Laken.

More voids passed away. They were nothing but dirt to Laken. His was back was facing me. Now! I shadow stepped behind him.
The Fight began.
He felt my presence instantly and moved with lightning speeds to counter. But my first movement was a fake. My true intent was to commit him for the first strike. I shadow stepped realities again. But re-emerged past the arc of his sword movement. Laken was wide open. My katana emerged from his shadow and slashed ferociously at his armor. Dark lightning emerged from the attack. Damage had been dealt. His shoulder fabric were torn, revealing what appeared like skin?

"I'm surprised. I genuinely thought you were dead"

I'm surprised too. Also I'm curious. Is that really human skin?

"That's for me to know. And for you to never find out"

So poetic. I moved again shadow stepping right in front of him with a sweeping stroke from my blade. Laken evaded and emerged above me with a violent slashing motion swung his sword with strength. His intent was to slice me in half. I evaded. We exchanged blows for a few more minutes. But fatigue began to take over my body. His body however maintained its mechanical edge. There was no fatigue. No hint of distraction. He was as intent on killing me as ever.

I distanced myself, and attacked him with hexes. He blocked and evaded them. They were the distraction. My shadow was bound to his and now he could never escape me. Never hide from me. Never attack me with surprise. I attacked his shadows hoping to move the attack to him through shadow step. The attacks re emerged closer to him. He evaded them all.

"Futile."

Exactly right. This was pointless. Nothing I did was going to work. How can Dage create something like him? In fact, someone so strong, what motivates him to fight for Dage? I continued attacking. My movements where becoming slower. My attacks were becoming weaker. I reached my limit. It was over. Cut up. Bleeding. Fatigued. Out skilled. Over powered. I was truly defeated.

He walked towards me. Just like before.

"For a weakling. You're truly annoying"

I grinned and closed my eyes. Its over now. He raised his sword, and brought it down with full force.

Strong gust of wind. Halo of lights. Dust of bones. Cubes of fright. I saw feathers. Dark Feathers.

My eyes opened to see Revonthus's katana clashed against Laken's. I received a warm smile, and moved away as I watched.

This was now the Battle of the Apprentices.
AQ AQW  Post #: 7
8/16/2012 23:17:01   
Mordred

My Ideal War Ending

The lone defender of black armor raises his twisted blade as he glances around him, seeing only his fallen followers and approaching fiends of the Abyssal Army. Their armor and carapaces clink and clatter as they close the noose around the Pretender, closing off any chance of escape. As they take their positions and hold the ground they've now gained on the traitor, the army parts before Dage as their commander, the Archfiend Nulgath, comes forth to confront his fallen apprentice.

The black-clad spirit unleashes a powerful blast of his cold energies at his approaching foe, enveloping his massive, monstrous form in a cloud of dust and blue sparks. But it was to no avail, for six bright red eyes glower through the cloud, and in a flash of blood-red light, the cloud is dispersed away from the hulking creature of the Abyss.

"Now, worm, you bow before me," the Abyssal General snarls as he raises his fist as it glows red with power. At his feet, Dage begins to glow red and with a short struggle is brought to his knees before his former master, humiliated as well as defeated.

"Impossible... My Legion... We were-" the lich rasped from under his helmet, only to be cut off by the fiend.

"You were biting more than you could chew. And now..." With a snap of his meaty fingers, his Overfiend Blade materializes at his side and begins to hover towards Dage's defenseless form, and glowers menacingly over his exposed neck, as if to deal the fatal blow. "I take my leave," Nulgath said matter-of-factly, motioning to his sentient blade to stand-down.

"W-what?" the undead creature breathed, his hollow voice echoing a tone of confusion and surprise that his body could not express. "I-I don't understand. Finish me! End what we started."

At this, Nulgath snorted, a heavy cloud of his noxious breath steamed around Dage's head. If the lich could smell, he would surely have gagged at the stench. "You aren't worth the while," the fiend countered dryly. "This world isn't worth the time. Mortals have forgotten their place; they no longer fear the likes of you or me. Instead, they demand rewards for completing petty chores. They have their uses, as I clearly showed you, but it is not enough. Their souls come far too willingly. The fun is in the struggle. So, I leave you now, going to another world through the Oblivion Gate. The Old One commands it; it is the time to begin the conquest of a new world. A world without you."

"Then... then I am free to go, no?" Dage said slyly, hoping to take advantage of his oppressor's apparent kindness.

"Free?" the archfiend questioned mockingly. "Oh, no, you must be taught your place as well, Dage." At that, the armor-clad being began to shake violently, and in a sudden burst of flame, his body exploded, leaving the blue energy contained within exposed. Even as the dust cleared, heavy chains of fiendish energy leaped out of the dusty ground, wrapping around the humanoid spirit's incorporeal form, binding him into his bowed position. "Here you shall remain, in your precious Underworld, Pretender. Forever shall you be bound here. Oh, yes, you can keep your Legion; rebuild, make it better, faster, stronger. But you will forever be in my grasp, forever trapped by your own failed machinations."

With that, Nulgath and his army took their leave, leaving the disgraced would-be-usurper behind on Lore as they made their way through the Oblivion Gate...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 8
7/8/2014 23:37:59   
Jaden_is_trill

OPEN A NEW ONE FOR2014!!!!!!
AQW  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> [The Bookshelves] >> Collaborations >> =AQW= 2012 Dage vs Nulgath War stories
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition