Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Remake Bloodmage class

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Remake Bloodmage class
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/8/2012 9:58:20   
rjy

I hadn't played EpicDuel for awhile, and when I got back on, I was surprised to see BloodMage's skill set changed. I am VERY disappointed with this change, as it took away my favorite skills. Here's a review of the weakened skill set:

1.) Berserk has been replaced with Bludgeon, a weaker skill with a not-as-cool animation.
2.) Assimilation has been replaced with deadly aim (true this skill isn't weak, but it's weaker than Assimilation, which was one of my favorite skills).

Those were my favorite BloodMage skills, and now they're gone. But that is not the end of my complaints about the class. Here are some other weaknesses:

1.) Fireball does less damage than plasma bolt. Not only does it do less damage, it's a physical attack, and more people have physical resistance than energy resistance.
2.) Since both Assimilation and Reroute are gone, BloodMage has only one way to get more mana, and that is through the skill Reflex boost that costs more mana than it outputs. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE that skill, its just that it is not a good sole mana regain skill.

Because of all of these changes, the way I see it, BloodMage is weaker than TechMage. Since BloodMage costs Varium, it should be way stronger. Instead, it is slightly weaker. My suggestion is to SERIOUSLY consider changing the BloodMage skill-set. And I know the ED team is not against this, as they have changed it multiple times before, the last time for the worse. I have tried my best to make this thread not a rant or a complaint thread, but rather to make it a suggestion to improve my complaint, and have put a lot of thought into it for awhile. I would like to hear other people's thoughts; and see if they have problems with the new skill-set, or if they think the new one is weaker.
Post #: 1
7/8/2012 10:01:31   
Guppy

They changed it to de-buff it, BM is the strongest class at the moment, along with CH.

quote:

BloodMage has only one way to get more mana, and that is through the skill Reflex boost that costs more mana than it outputs. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE that skill, its just that it is not a good sole mana regain skill.

I didn't know Reflex Boost helped gain Mana...doesn't it boost your Dexterity?
Post #: 2
7/8/2012 10:03:14   
King Helios

It converts 15% of damage taken into Energy.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
7/8/2012 10:06:18   
rjy

It's news to me that it's the strongest, cause I get beaten a lot by other classes, even normal TechMages.
quote:

I didn't know Reflex Boost helped gain Mana...doesn't it boost your Dexterity?
It does, but it also gives you 15% of damage received as mana. That part of the skill is like reroute, except you have to spend mana to use the the skill, which makes the mana that you use up to use the skill be more than mana you get from it most of the time.
Post #: 4
7/8/2012 10:08:01   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

1.) Berserk has been replaced with Bludgeon, a weaker skill with a not-as-cool animation.

This made BMs OP before, and what does animation have to do with it? Never knew balance is counted in animations.
quote:

2.) Assimilation has been replaced with deadly aim (true this skill isn't weak, but it's weaker than Assimilation, which was one of my favorite skills).

DA is a passive + more reliable than Assimilate which not everyone would like. That'd give them another blockable attack which isn't needed. DA is fine.

quote:

1.) Fireball does less damage than plasma bolt. Not only does it do less damage, it's a physical attack, and more people have physical resistance than energy resistance.

It does not. Damage is the same and sorry but it's obvious Fireball is Physical? Fact more people have more Def than Res means in no way it needs a buff. Those with high Dex (Def) will block more thus making this skill much more reliable than blockable attack.
quote:

2.) Since both Assimilation and Reroute are gone, BloodMage has only one way to get more mana, and that is through the skill Reflex boost that costs more mana than it outputs. Don't get me wrong, I LIKE that skill, its just that it is not a good sole mana regain skill.

It has BL which is more reliable and Blood Made is focused on Strength which makes it a power-house/glass cannon. It's personal opinion on that one.

quote:

Since BloodMage costs Varium, it should be way stronger. Instead, it is slightly weaker.

No. It was said by Staff themselves, fact evolved classes cost Varium does not mean they are supposed to be stronger than base classes. It's all for variety. And no, BL > TM if you think about it. Caster TM counters Str BM, although there are way around it for BMs to avoid even that. Str BMs are really strong, even CHs tend to have problems so I don't think TM > BL. Besides Str BM cannot be stopped even with mere EMP which destroys TMs if used at right time.

Also Balance issues belong in GD in Balance Discussion Thread. This part of the forum is to suggest unique content not changes to existing one (or balance).
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
7/8/2012 10:17:16   
rjy

quote:

quote:

It does not. Damage is the same and sorry but it's obvious Fireball is Physical? Fact more people have more Def than Res means in no way it needs a buff. Those with high Dex (Def) will block more thus making this skill much more reliable than blockable attack.

It does. Go fight a Mage and look at his skill tree. Fireball does 58 maxed, Plasma Bolt does 63 maxed.

And I didn't see the balance thread going here first, but ah well. It's still a suggestion.

< Message edited by rjy -- 7/8/2012 10:18:06 >
Post #: 6
7/8/2012 10:19:14   
Oba

quote:

Plasma Bolt does 63 maxed.

Depends on how much tech this TM have... as plasma bolt increase with that. And you said you just got back; just play a week or two and you'll see BM's dont need a buff at all...
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
7/8/2012 10:34:41   
rjy

quote:

This made BMs OP before, and what does animation have to do with it? Never knew balance is counted in animations.

It doesn't have anything to do with balance. You are the one that said it belongs in the balance thread since it was talking about balance, not me. I was talking about how I am disappointed with the changes to BloodMage, not balance.
quote:

quote:

Plasma Bolt does 63 maxed.
Depends on how much tech this TM have... as plasma bolt increase with that. And you said you just got back; just play a week or two and you'll see BM's dont need a buff at all...
No, I'm not talking about actual damage. I'm talking about how much actual damage - I've never seen skills do the right amount of damage - I am talking about the base damage that the skill itself says it does. And I have played a week or two; I lose 50% more now.
Post #: 8
7/8/2012 10:36:46   
5rr5
Banned

All classes have had their time when it was OP, Blood Mage can't be OP forever.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 7/8/2012 15:24:37 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
7/8/2012 10:37:41   
rjy

I don' want it to be OP, just MP (more powered).
Post #: 10
7/8/2012 11:48:58   
Renegade Reaper

if you know how to use it, ANY class can be extremely powerful. its not about the skills, its how you use them.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
7/8/2012 12:10:33   
Guppy

quote:

You can't really compare a Physical Attack to an Energy Attack, as Trans said, more people have Dexterity then Technology.

quote:

If you gave BM's a Mana regain skill, they'd be able to spam a certain skill over and over till you die, making them even more OP then they already are.
Post #: 12
7/8/2012 12:29:08   
Ranloth
Banned

Also deflection (Tech) reduces damage by 50% whilst block takes out 100% of the damage. Thus why Dex progresses a bit slower than Tech when it comes to Def and Res. Actually I take my words back, yes there's a difference of 4 damage at all ranges - I apologise on that one. But it's Energy attack versus Physical which has differences explained above. Higher EP cost can also explain that + synergy with BL which TMs do not have. Or perhaps lower damage is due to the synergy which would be wise move from the Staff there.

And yes, Assimilation could allow the to loop more. Just do Assimilate + high Str build which goes well with Fireball and instead of Bludgeon, they go for Assimilate (even in place of DA) for better spamming + high damage. Trust me, not everyone can counter Str BMs and you'd make them worse than they are already.
AQ Epic  Post #: 13
7/8/2012 14:24:14   
rej

Not supported. Blood mage is already the second most power class in the game thanks to high hp/str builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
7/8/2012 15:24:26   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

All balance suggestions, and discussions belongs in the balance thread. The Reminders on Posting did mention where to post for balance suggestions.

quote:

Balance Suggestions
These types of suggestions do not belong here and still should go to the Balance Discussion Thread in the EpicDuel General Discussion. Changes to class skills, stats or suggestions of new skills or stats are considered this type of suggestion.

For that reason, locking this up.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Remake Bloodmage class
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition