Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/27/2012 22:15:40   
shadesofblue

^Nonono it's fine xD I tend to state facts that are against your point of view too :P A good debate is quite fun, isn't it?
AQW  Post #: 626
8/28/2012 2:39:12   
midnight assassin

I just want to correct some of you because you keep saying bh has never been nerfed. They added a requirement in SA actually and SS. Not picking a fight btw.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 627
8/28/2012 2:52:18   
Rayman
Banned

quote:

BH's issue is mainly Strength, am I right? And Smoke + BL + Mass going together, right? What's a good way to nerf people who abuse it but not affect anyone else? Slower progression on Strength, like +1 more on all levels for Strength to give you +1 more damage. That'd make noticeable difference + affect every other Strength abuser. Simple change, no? And we're dealing with ALL abusers! :3 Am I right?
BM and Bludgeon? Nerf Bludgeon and you affect TMs but if BMs are troublesome with it then it's their Strength.. Wait. Look just above this sentence. Yes! I just solved the issue of Bludgeon being a problem! Yaaaaay! \o/

Woot a Fix.
Lol
AQW Epic  Post #: 628
8/28/2012 2:57:40   
Promiscuous

The classes don't need as much balancing as blocks/crits/deflects. They are ridiculously OP imo and they should be either reworked or have their rate reduced.
Post #: 629
8/28/2012 2:59:11   
Drianx

No, slowing down Strength progression is only a temporary fix. It was good in the beginning, but the abundance of stat points from items, more enhancements, and level cap increase made it useless.

When level cap will reach 37 it will become an issue again, so this doesn't work.

Massacre itself needs a fix, it is too strong. Support also needs more benefits, to make it on par with Strength.

These are the most important fixes, not Strength progression. That one is only a temporary workaround.
AQW Epic  Post #: 630
8/28/2012 9:22:20   
Stabilis

It is not only that Strength has high damage, more precisely, that Strength has 2 basic attacks (Strike and Sidearm) which may be used each turn and may be element-seeking.

Each turn, an attack that can be exploited by Strength points may be used to build rage and damage, whereas other skills and Auxiliary and Robot need time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 631
8/28/2012 9:30:58   
King FrostLich

Let me say this again. The main problems of strength builds are these:

1.) High damage hitters
2.) Not enough field medic.

Right now, the only way to fix this issue is to let field medic improve with support and reducing massacre's % as well as balancing Blood Mages along with plasma armor being replaced to technician to balance everything. In that case, everything should be balanced.
Epic  Post #: 632
8/28/2012 10:32:13   
kingpowerlord

not enough field medic, this reminds me:

field medic should give more health at level 35,

it should improve with support at a scale of 1 health point for every 8 support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also only problem with bh is that there blood lust is too oped,

fix that and blood mages would be fixed too

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 633
8/28/2012 12:24:25   
3Xdoomd

Suggestion to buff the tactical mercs: change frenzy to work for clubs and swords.
Post #: 634
8/28/2012 12:50:26   
King FrostLich

quote:

also only problem with bh is that there blood lust is too oped,

Blood Lust isn't the main reason of making BM overpowered, it's the strength build they use. Plus I'd look to freaking complain why Plasma armor hasn't been REMOVED because how can any build defeat this kind of cyber hunter?

http://i47.tinypic.com/64f5w3.jpg

I'm sure everyone will say STR blood mage again and then revolves around the whole circle again. That's why BM needs to be nerfed by improving fireball with support and removing CH's plasma armor and replacing it back to technician.

Removed image tags as per ED GD rules. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 8/29/2012 5:34:12 >
Epic  Post #: 635
8/28/2012 12:50:29   
Mother1

Kingpowerlord it used to improve with support, but was changed because it was op. People would spam support, and have real high healing that removed almost all damage at a low level.

King frostlich it was because of CH's having that kind of build that static got such a heavy nerf. However I have beaten CH after I gained the varium advantage. Back in my old days as a non varium those characters would kick by butt left and right to the point were it was you were either a CH or TM or you were wiped out.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 8/28/2012 12:54:40 >
Epic  Post #: 636
8/28/2012 13:02:48   
King FrostLich

Maybe the devs should always rethink before nerfing one type of OP build is going to resurface as something even more OP? I already know that once static got nerfed a tank build would immediately replace it but still, even if CH didn't get this static nerf, this build is 3x more powerful than it is right now.
Epic  Post #: 637
8/28/2012 13:58:05   
shadesofblue

Back from Oversoul; what new ideas did we come up with? *Goes back to check if Oversoul is back online yet*
AQW  Post #: 638
8/28/2012 16:20:56   
kingpowerlord

AHA,

I have the perfect idea to nerf bh's, how bout change smoke to last for 2 turnsn therefore making there 3rd attack potentially weaker, which would probably be massacre. Eliminating the op strength build from bh's.

P.S: I'm a bh

Please limit yourself to one signature usage per page. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 8/29/2012 5:34:51 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 639
8/28/2012 16:44:10   
suboto

MAsscure might be a issue seeing its the only finisher that has a fixed dmg amount baseing the % off some sort of stat similar to the other classes
Epic  Post #: 640
8/28/2012 16:48:17   
King Helios

FrostLich, I fought that same guy lol. Got him to 20 HP.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 641
8/28/2012 16:53:48   
Rayman
Banned

I Can Defeat that build with a focus BH.
AQW Epic  Post #: 642
8/28/2012 17:00:43   
shadesofblue

I had a build like that directly before the nerf; after the nerf it barely can squeeze out a win (against other varium players).
AQW  Post #: 643
8/28/2012 18:07:51   
doomturtle

To fix bh make all super skills(massacre, super charge and surgical strike) have a 4 turn warm up.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 644
8/28/2012 18:19:04   
Mother1

^ if you did that, they those class users would just wait a turn to use their debuffing skills and it wouldn't solve anything. Besides how many times has it been said that to counter these builds all you need as a good placed EMP/Atom smash, or (if they use amount exact energy) assimilation? As for the smoke Bot/defense matrix/reflex boost of a combo of 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 depending on your class.

While BH are powerful they aren't unmanageable with the correct build.
Epic  Post #: 645
8/28/2012 19:33:25   
Wootz

King FrostLich,
I could've got 38-46 Defense without any problem, that's even harder to defeat, plus the block chance. Too bad I'm not an Cyber Hunter anymore, now I feel bad for myself. :l
Now I use a Juggernaut build with Primary/Side: 15-18, Defense: 31-38 +5 +1, Resistance: 28-34 +5 +1
AQW Epic  Post #: 646
8/29/2012 1:37:44   
rayniedays56

Yeah. The nerf to Cybers was too much. Reason I am TM now :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 647
8/29/2012 5:09:38   
Nub Apocalypse

@Mother1: It's funny how you keep saying people have been copying your high tech merc build because I know it existed the day bots were released. You only started playing during Delta, and I can tell you bots were released years before that.
Post #: 648
8/29/2012 5:39:03   
kingpowerlord

@nub
+1 that is so true,

Also like I said before, reduce smoke to 2 turns,
Remember those times when everyone used to
Complain that bh was too up when no one used
Massacre build?

And maybe to make ch not too up make there static charge have a 1 turn cooldown? Because to be honest reroute gives more energy than static charge at this weakened state.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 649
8/29/2012 5:47:25   
Drianx

quote:

Because to be honest reroute gives more energy than static charge at this weakened state.

This makes no sense.
You can't compare two different skills of two different classes.
Of course TMs need better Energy return because they are not as tankish as CHs.

quote:

reduce smoke to 2 turns

You have no idea how devastating that change would be.
AQW Epic  Post #: 650
Page:   <<   < prev  24 25 [26] 27 28   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion X
Page 26 of 30«<2425262728>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition