Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= New Dragon Weapon Instead of Buffing Old One

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Dragon Weapon Instead of Buffing Old One
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/24/2012 11:37:39   
Whirlwindstorm2

Wait.. Fay's not a mod anymore? I'm so outdated..
Post #: 51
8/24/2012 11:40:01   
Darkoake445

@AIT, Your post was redundant therefore I thought you had missed the point of his post. Calm down, you're being very hostile.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
8/24/2012 11:41:45   
Unknown Menace

Why is it such a big deal if he used old art and created even a better looking weapon out of it.
It seems that the complaining never ends. First people dislike the buff and now that he puts up something better looking in this short amount of time instead of appriciating there is more complaining.

Get it together!
Epic  Post #: 53
8/24/2012 11:49:51   
MrBones

You guys missed my point.

SEASONAL RARES: SHOULD be buff instead of re-introducing new and more powerfull weapons for the same event. I have participated in an event last year for exemple. I bought gear. I want that gear to stay competive and keep up with the level cap raise. I don't want to pay each year for the same gear. This is completly insane.
You folks need to realize that they ARE buffing the dragon buster. They are just charging you the upgrade. Don't get fooled by the small art work changes.

RARES: If an item is rare and won't be available for purchase ingame anymore, it should NOT be buff as it is advantaging older players. They did this mistake many times and I hope they will never do it again.
Epic  Post #: 54
8/24/2012 11:51:21   
Darkoake445

@Mr. Bones, I understand that and I completely support that. It would allow for everyone to stay competitive and wouldn't give any players, older or newer, an advantage over the other.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
8/24/2012 11:53:32   
Bu Kek Siansu

quote:

QUOTE: Whirlwindstorm2

Wait.. Fay's not a mod anymore? I'm so outdated..

Just in case you're looking for the answer why Fay Beee has retired from the in-game moderator position. :)

Taken from Practel's post: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=20580290
quote:

Hello everyone,

Posting here to report that Fay Beee has formally retired from the in-game moderator position. It is unfortunate, and everyone enjoyed her around the team and the dedication she brought with her. I'm sure you will still see the bright, friendly, and great person you all have known for so long hanging around and battling in-game still. We wish her the best and appreciate all the work she has done in the time of her being a moderator :)

Battle On!
~Practel
Post #: 56
8/24/2012 11:54:07   
AIT
Banned

@MrBones, I fully understood what you meant and I absolutely think the same.
Post #: 57
8/24/2012 11:56:50   
King FrostLich

Look, this is one of the main reasons why we can't balance the game properly. More weapons keep coming out to distract attention in balancing every class thus resulting in too much power all over again.
Epic  Post #: 58
8/24/2012 11:58:37   
Darkoake445

The Dragon Buster II brings back memories of successful support builds for Tech Mages.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 59
8/24/2012 12:00:13   
Unknown Menace

@Bones

I can understand your point. But how would everyone have reacted if he introduced a total new designed set of dragon weapons, so that would make it okay to sell for max level cap?

And as you know they wanted to buff the old returning item but all the sudden everybody starts to remind that there should never be any buffs to old items, so NW creates a dragonbuster 2.0.
(to be clear i never dissagreed when they wanted to buff the old items because it seems logical as they return and everybody who owns them would get them buffed also)

So what more can there be done, they practically have their hands tied.

Edit@below
Just took the DN's as guide, you are right about that.

< Message edited by Unknown Menace -- 8/24/2012 12:11:17 >
Epic  Post #: 60
8/24/2012 12:03:40   
AIT
Banned

quote:

And as you know they wanted to buff the old returning items but all the sudden everybody starts to remind that there should never be any buffs to old weapons, so NW creates a dragonbuster 2.0.

They never planned on buffing itemS. Only the dragon buster sword.

As I've said before, either buff every seasonal item or none. Keep the promise or fully take it away. I like how they buff item, but not how they only buff one.

< Message edited by AIT -- 8/24/2012 12:05:10 >
Post #: 61
8/24/2012 12:34:55   
Arcanis

quote:

but all the sudden everybody starts to remind that there should never be any buffs to old items

Actually,not everybody,just mostly those that had that weapon and sold it
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
8/24/2012 13:38:06   
Drianx

^
And why would keepers deserve a free buff again?

< Message edited by Drianx -- 8/24/2012 13:40:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 63
8/24/2012 13:43:08   
ansh0

Woah woah woah, I take a week off and so much stuff happens.

Someone explain to me what's going on.

Ooooh, I like de dragon.
Epic  Post #: 64
8/24/2012 13:45:05   
ReinXI

everyone just needs to remember this saying

"Trying to make everybody happy will only end in everyone being unhappy" ~ ( dunno who said it or if thats the correct quote )

but the moral is.. no matter what you do you will have those that complain. Person A complains "oh well I sold item A cause you said it won't be buffed and now your saying it will be" BUT as soon

as you decide "we will make a new weapon as to stick to our policy you get the people saying " person B will say "oh well it's not fair we bought the weapon last year ours should get buffed"

you should do what YOU want to do for the simple fact it IS your game and you cannot make everybody happy.

anyways what I'm trying to say is don't try to make everybody happy because it will just end in making nobody happy :/

< Message edited by ReinXI -- 8/24/2012 13:47:21 >
Epic  Post #: 65
8/24/2012 14:10:15   
helloguy

This goes to show you that they always go back on there word one way or another

This is my opinion as always

Will probably get banned again for stating my opinion

But again no matter what i say regarding anything i get banned

for stating my opinion.

So many other people do so to and what happens nothing. so there guys.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 66
8/24/2012 14:14:41   
Unknown Menace

@ReinXI
unfortunately that is the truth.

I would want to write a 1000 word essay about this, because i'm just standing in the neutral zone which is the place where you don't get emotions mixed up with logical sense.
But i won't. Simple as that.

< Message edited by Unknown Menace -- 8/24/2012 14:17:54 >
Epic  Post #: 67
8/24/2012 14:30:57   
rayniedays56

Dragon Buster 2?! Well...I might get it. My character has never used a sword though, and I like to use Cheap Shot...oh great.

But if this sword offers awesome tech bonuses...maybe +10 to tech with 10 slots.... :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 68
8/24/2012 14:35:56   
Rayman
Banned

^
first buster had 8 str, this might have alot of str too and wont be buying it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 69
8/24/2012 14:39:31   
rayniedays56

Oh great....

ANOTHER strength related item...

*sigh*
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
8/24/2012 15:04:33   
Arcanis

quote:

And why would keepers deserve a free buff again?

Actually, Dribabe ,I don't see in my post anywhere claim that they/we deserve a buff,free one or another kind.
Frankly, if anything ED has taught us in these few years is that one or 2 months later a better item will come out anyway. With a decent price,naturally.

I just found it interesting that most people claiming that buff is unnecessary also somewhere in their post happened to mention they already soled that same item.
Also, a very interesting fact is that the development team decided to discuss the issue AFTER the complaints, instead thinking in advance, because after all,they were the ones that wrote "No buffing policy". Also interesting fact it was ultimately decided in their favour too, isn't it?

To be objective, if the buff was allowed, it would make any claim by community to buff any seasonal gear completely legal, and they can't allow themselves that because it would make a decent impact on profit. It is the execution of decision that was delivered/presented poorly.

It's their game. They can do whatever they want with it. Just remember that they can't force you to play. Simple as that.

AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
8/24/2012 16:14:58   
carabuno

Does anybody have the relese time or stats of the iteams yet?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
8/24/2012 16:32:10   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

quote:

It would allow for everyone to stay competitive and wouldn't give any players, older or newer, an advantage over the other.

Wrong, it gives the older players who bought this weapon when it was lower leveled and thus cheaper, a free and more powerful weapon every year. That is an advantage over a new player considering they got a cheaper weapon but get as much power as anyone else.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 73
8/24/2012 16:37:26   
Darkoake445

@ND Mallet, No, because everyone would have had to buy the weapon at some point, they would just have to not raise the price.

< Message edited by Darkoake445 -- 8/24/2012 16:44:44 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
8/24/2012 16:45:37   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@dark So selling a lvl 35 seasonal rare weapon at lvl 31 costs is fair compared to having to spend a lvl 35 weapon worth of credits and varium to buy a lvl 35 non-rare varium item? It's been stated by staff that buffs aren't happening to rares unless they're needed. I've seen the community complain that the staff don't keep their word yet here we have several people asking them to break their word. They have a choice, keep their word and upset people or break their word and upset even more people and cause more complaints later for the next seasonal event.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= New Dragon Weapon Instead of Buffing Old One
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition