Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED & AQ3D= EpicDuel... "Titan" THE INTERVIEW!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED & AQ3D= EpicDuel... "Titan" THE INTERVIEW!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/23/2012 17:57:36   
AQWPlayer

quote:

EpicDuel..."Titan" THE INTERVIEW!
In an Epic PvP Interview, only one will survive!

EpicDuel has been rising in popularity for the past 2 years straight. So for those of you who do not know the bloodthirsty, warmongering team of EpicDuel.... avert your eyes and run in fear. Or if you are brave, read on!

*10am. In the dimly lit Secret Lab's War Room*

Artix: Titan, for game players who do not know you yet... WHO OR WHAT ARE YOU!?!?!?!?

Titan: I am a 10 foot tall programming god that eats lightning bolts!

Artix: Are lightning bolts an excellent source of calcium with milk?

Titan: Not as much as bacon cheeseburgers, or double cheeseburgers, a Titan favorite.

Artix: How tall are you really? Erm. Just wait here a moment.
*Artix gets a tape measure and uses it on Titan* It reads 6'6".
Titan: The 10 foot tall programming god part is part of the lore.

Titan: No for real, I'm actually the creator and lead programmer for EpicDuel. I ensure on a weekly basis that new exciting content and features are constantly available in game.

Artix: What is EpicDuel? ... and why is it taking up more and more of our game networks bandwith each month?

Titan: EpicDuel is a PvP game that takes place on the planet Delta V, (read Delta Five)! It's an exciting world where players come together from around the world to battle in ever evolving strategic combat online! It's exciting because each week the battle dynamics change. Player's love it because of the ongoing struggle for control of the planet, and the ability to constantly improve and change their characters. With the release of new skills, robots, staffs, giant clubs, and super bikes, each duel is different from the last.

Artix: Can you fight ANYONE in EpicDuel?

Titan: When you become powerful enough, you can even challenge me! But of course you'll lose.

Artix: The EpicDuel community has been growing, how about your team?

Titan: Just like our player base, the EpicDuel team has grown. We started with a team of two, and have now grown to 5 plus the constant help and great assistance from community volunteers, without them it would be impossible to keep up.

Artix: Can you tell us about the EpicDuel team? Who is on the team, where do you work, do you have any juicy gossip, secrets? ...do you hide snacks in your drawers? What kind of snacks are they? Are there enough to share? If not can you get more? What is your team eating for lunch today?

Titan: Currently, myself and RabbleFroth (our amazing new coder) design and develop the infrastructure for the Delta V world. We constantly evolve the engine to improve performance, and add fun new gameplay elements. Our art team, consisting of lead artist Nightwraith, and his super art sidekick Charfade, create graphical magic on a weekly basis, churning out more content than 2 people should humanly be able to. And finally, Cinderella, a great liason to the community who has been with us from the very beginning. She helps keep the community informed about upcoming exciting features, and more recently she's added to her responsibilities by writing the story that drives EpicDuel forward.

Artix:*whispers* are there .... secrets?

Titan: ... and rest assured there is plenty of gossip and secrets, but ... they wouldn't be secrets if I shared.

Well, ok, so let's not lie about it, we have some superpowerful admin codes to deal ultra damage, block everytime, and own like it's our job.

Artix: ...
Titan: I guess it is our job, so that makes sense.

Artix: Is there anything else that a new players MUST KNOW about EpicDuel? As the game's creator, can you give us the #1 tip to get into the game and start rising on your leader board?

Titan: Want to climb to the top fast? When you first login, fight some quick battles and join a faction. Factions are teams of players fighting together for the same cause. Whether you want to join The Lawman alongside the Exile Resistance, or Alydriah and her Legion army, it's up to you and your allies how the world will Evolve. You'll learn from the best and climb to the top faster than you can say Double Bacon Cheese.

You can play EpicDuel using Artix Entertainment's
"ONE LOGIN TO RULE THEM ALL" now. Go to...

www.EpicDuel.com

Follow @Titan_EpicDuel on Twitter

Tagged and bagged! ~Practel

< Message edited by Practel -- 8/23/2012 19:29:56 >
AQW  Post #: 1
8/23/2012 18:38:18   
kingpowerlord

You should change the title to interview with titan. Btw I've learnt a bit more about ed from this interview.

P.S: artix your questions are kinda silly.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
8/23/2012 18:41:23   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@king Nonsense, they are very well thought out questions. I always thought Titan was a 9 ft tall programming god. Thank you Artix for getting us the correct info!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
8/23/2012 19:19:54   
xGreen Warriorx

^ Actually its 10 feet tall, but yeah. :)
I like the way he mentions burgers like 5 times.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
8/23/2012 20:26:57   
AQWPlayer

I just wanted to criticize a few things about this...

quote:

Titan: EpicDuel is a PvP game that takes place on the planet Delta V, (read Delta Five)! It's an exciting world where players come together from around the world to battle in ever evolving strategic combat online! It's exciting because each week the battle dynamics change. Player's love it because of the ongoing struggle for control of the planet, and the ability to constantly improve and change their characters. With the release of new skills, robots, staffs, giant clubs, and super bikes, each duel is different from the last.

1. Strategy has been overshadowed by enhancements.
2. How often do balance changes come? Not every week.
3. Players love it. Surely...
4. I don't see how bikes affect battles, unless someone loses a turn trying to figure out where you got the bike from.
5. Can you honestly say each duel is different from the last?

quote:

Titan: When you become powerful enough, you can even challenge me! But of course you'll lose.

*cough*Pwned by idk how many people*cough*

@below
Sorry, but I've got 9002 health. *ragecrits NaN damage*

< Message edited by AQWPlayer -- 8/23/2012 20:33:52 >
AQW  Post #: 5
8/23/2012 20:29:23   
King Helios

^That's the NPC, not the character Titan.

<programs 9 001 damage crit> <gets burger> <win>
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
8/23/2012 20:35:12   
helloguy

at the above i have beat both of them many of times
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
8/23/2012 21:19:28   
Naruto Uzamaki

quote:

P.S: artix your questions are kinda silly.

thats true no offence i seen better interview question then this kind of disappoint and AWQ you made my day LOL.
Post #: 8
8/23/2012 22:16:19   
AQWPlayer

^
What makes AE special is that they aren't too serious about everything.
AQW  Post #: 9
8/23/2012 22:20:57   
Stabilis

I support the interview minus the last response, unless Titan was under corporate pressure of course that is understandable *sigh*.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
8/23/2012 23:39:25   
Naruto Uzamaki

AQWPlayer i seen better interviews that are funny and people can relate to not ones were he just getting people to come to his site hinting fact about theres npc of him and the bike.
Post #: 11
8/24/2012 4:52:48   
Unknown Menace

quote:

...do you hide snacks in your drawers? What kind of snacks are they? Are there enough to share? If not can you get more? What is your team eating for lunch today?

Artix sure is interested in the food Titan might or might not has to offer.

< Message edited by Unknown Menace -- 8/24/2012 5:02:04 >
Epic  Post #: 12
8/24/2012 5:13:12   
Drianx

Nice.
Questions were better than the answers though.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
8/24/2012 11:38:32   
MrBones

I am sad that we didnt learn much about the kinds of snacks they have, if there is plenty and the possibility of more to come.
Epic  Post #: 14
8/24/2012 17:16:30   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I understand that the majority of the player base consist of teenagers, but I have to agree with kingpowerlord - some of the questions were indeed silly. Although Titan had some clever responses worthy of a few chuckles. That said, I'm a bit disappointed in this interview for several reasons.

1) There were no useful information revealed. (nothing that we don't already know)
2) Misleading information were present in some of Titan's responses. Some were pointed out by AQWPlayer.
3) "...fight some quick battles and join a faction." Yeah, good luck with that. I'm sure faction leaders will gladly recruit a low level player and spend their time rearing you - only to have you quit and join some other faction. >.>

Perhaps Artix would consider getting more in-depth for future interviews. Ask questions like...

1) What are your top 3 favorite NPC characters? Why?
2) What inspired the design of INSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE?
3) What sorts of new events, features, and content can players expect in the near future?
4) Many top level players who's supported the game for years are growing concerned about in-game varium pricing and balance issues, among other things. What would you like to say to keep them from leaving the game forever?

Ok, I admit, that last one was more of a personal question but you get the point. :P

Epic  Post #: 15
8/24/2012 17:24:09   
rej

quote:

Delta V, (read Delta Five)

I may be completely full of myself on this one, but I do believe he mentioned that because of my own shock at finding out it was pronounced Delta Five.
Being a Narcissist has it's moments.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
8/24/2012 17:49:02   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Artix:*whispers* are there .... secrets?

Titan: ... and rest assured there is plenty of gossip and secrets, but ... they wouldn't be secrets if I shared.

Well, ok, so let's not lie about it, we have some superpowerful admin codes to deal ultra damage, block everytime, and own like it's our job.

The formula for the scaled skills is definetly a secret after three of my requests got ignored.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED & AQ3D= EpicDuel... "Titan" THE INTERVIEW!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition