Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/12/2012 0:05:23   
Mr. Black OP

^
Passives aren't meant to be necessary anyways, and by then guns would have around 50 damage and going against +20 armors we would have a difference of 30 while right now we have +35 damage guns going against +10 armors which is a difference of 25 which would DECREASE the need of DA as we level. Besides would you rather have +10 to gun or +0?

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 10/12/2012 0:09:28 >
Epic  Post #: 251
10/12/2012 0:13:44   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@black I said buying armor which gives you about 20, not just passive armors which would probably be up that high as well if they're not revamped by then.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 252
10/12/2012 0:19:34   
Mr. Black OP

^
I was referring to buying armors, I only used the word "passive" to describe DA. Right now there is 0 difference between a passive armor at lv 1 and at level 35, I really cannot see them raising that significantly over the course of 15 levels (I would be surprised if they got to +15).

< Message edited by Mr. Black OP -- 10/12/2012 0:20:23 >
Epic  Post #: 253
10/12/2012 1:14:02   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Black op
Borlderlands 2 in great, isn't it? ;)

And I do like the idea of 3 different skill tree's
I am a new class weekly, and it's because I get bored of a certain skill tree VERY quickly
This would slow down my class hopping, because it would provide more variety
But of course, the game would need a large revamp of all classes, not to mention, since there are 3 tier 2 classes, that's 6 classes they need to add new skills to, and re work the balance, and make sure everything is perfect.
I see it as being too much work to ever be implemented, unfortunately
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 254
10/12/2012 6:04:09   
theholyfighter

I'd like to see Static Charge as PASSIVE. With PA tho... But I'd say add a limit to the regain* Perhaps 5 energy regain at MAX for normal rounds, 10 energy regain for Criticals and Rage.
AQW Epic  Post #: 255
10/12/2012 6:05:06   
Ranloth
Banned

With PA? Then a no. EP/HP Regen + PA + Debuff is a no. TLMs have EP, MA and had debuff and it was OP. PA will stay since CHs wanted passive defence before, so SC will not be a passive.
AQ Epic  Post #: 256
10/12/2012 7:34:03   
Darkwing

it could be a passive...if they would take out malfuntion. same as TLM they got energy regen + PA
Post #: 257
10/12/2012 7:56:44   
Wootz

Mr. Black OP,

That's an awesome idea, and I support it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 258
10/12/2012 9:26:01   
Mother1

@ Darkwing then they would have 3 passives if static was made a passive and would have an unfair advantage over the other classes even without malf but at the same time if you removed malf what would you replace that with? there would be a hole in the skill tree.
Epic  Post #: 259
10/12/2012 9:52:20   
Darkwing

@ Mother 1 was going to say SC (passive) instead of SA, and maybe a buff skill( support buff) instead of malfunction. But then again, I don't think we should touch classes that look balanced( like ch) because we could ruin what the balance team did till now.
Post #: 260
10/12/2012 10:10:45   
theholyfighter

O well static is useless unless u use a STR build...
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I like the idea of Deadly Aim scaled...have posted that before but the comments were negative tho.
AQW Epic  Post #: 261
10/12/2012 10:55:37   
Mother1

@ theholyfighter

Doing that would hurt all builds not just strength ones. Is it really necessary to hurt all builds that use deadly aim just to give the strength build that is overpowered with it a nerf? Also Static always worked with strength no matter how you looked at it. The only difference is how they worked with strength. Before the higher your potential damage was with your primary the more energy you gain but it was always a fixed gained. Now the amount of damage you do determines how much energy you get.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 10/12/2012 10:57:23 >
Epic  Post #: 262
10/12/2012 11:47:46   
Stabilis

A list of possible passive skills I may discuss later:

decreased energy costs, increased energy costs (opponent), decreased cooldowns, increased cooldowns (opponent), increased rage rate (Adrenaline), decreased rage rate (opponent), bonus to rage (added effect on rage), reduction to rage (opponent, weakened rage attack), increased skill damage, decreased skill damage (opponent).

As I have not detailed these ideas, they are open to suggestion and criticism, but not balance arguments until I or someone else crafts a complete passive skill from these ideas.
AQ Epic  Post #: 263
10/12/2012 12:25:29   
Mother1

At Depressed Void. Some of these are already in the game in the form of buffs and debuffs (for the increased skill damage and decreased skill damage) Special skills (Surgicial strike for reducing your opponents rage and the upper cut in the platinum pride for both increasing your rage while decreasing your opponents) and as you already mentioned Adrenaline is already a passive for mercs to increase rage.

Also I would have to ask which passives would you suggest replacing of these were put into the game?
Epic  Post #: 264
10/12/2012 13:01:52   
Stabilis

^

The following is a list of passive skills that can not exist in the same skill tree for synergy reasons:

decreased energy costs: decreased cooldowns, increased skill damage

decreased cooldowns: increased skill damage, increased rage rate, bonus to rage

increased rage rate: bonus to rage, increased skill damage

bonus to rage: increased skill damage

So, for Mercenaries for example, with Adrenaline, they can not also have decreased cooldowns, bonus to rage, increased skill damage.
AQ Epic  Post #: 265
10/12/2012 13:35:14   
Mother1

I see that sounds like a good start since I was worried about that problem when you mentioned them at first. However, at the same time I did also ask you what passives would you remove to put these passives in?
Epic  Post #: 266
10/12/2012 14:57:58   
Stabilis

I would opt to remove passives that are purely defensive or offensive. Neutral passives can not be absolutely exploited, so:

Mecenary: Adrenaline could be swapped for decreased rage rate if at all if ever Adrenaline is exploited.

Although I definitely cheer for defence in this game, Hybrid Armour may potentially be swapped as it is not neutral.

Bounty Hunter: Shadow Arts could be swapped for reduction to rage as Shadow Arts is luck-defensive, also adding some endurance since Bloodlust can promote mainly defence.

Tech Mage: Reroute is a weird skill and I support it. It is neutral to my views anyhow. Deadly Aim may be swapped for increased energy costs (opponent) or increased cooldowns (opponent).

Repeat for evolved classes.
AQ Epic  Post #: 267
10/12/2012 16:51:32   
zippinbolts

can we discuss how TLM/Merc find Commander useless? Can we have an active buff that boosts a defensive trait please?
AQ AQW  Post #: 268
10/12/2012 17:48:08   
Mother1

@ Zippinbolts

An buff that boosts Offense and Defense at the same times sounds OP if you ask me. Especially since Tech Merc already has mineral armor which can raise a players defense up by 10 points. Especially since this class is a tank class.
Epic  Post #: 269
10/12/2012 18:14:23   
Blaze The Aion Ender

How do the commanders boost defense?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 270
10/12/2012 18:17:45   
Rayman
Banned

^
He is asking for something that boost defences, Cuz he Finds commander useless.
AQW Epic  Post #: 271
10/12/2012 18:35:57   
deltaknight7

i do too only because it increases with supp and supp is up right now
Epic  Post #: 272
10/13/2012 1:29:40   
RageSoul

Actually . the reason why Mercs had HA it's because of them having FC/BC instead of RB or Technician.
AQW Epic  Post #: 273
10/14/2012 19:34:10   
Stabilis

I am 101% for the suggestion of Smokecreen, Malfunction, and Intimidate not using Strike and increasing the duration by 1 turn.
AQ Epic  Post #: 274
10/14/2012 19:37:35   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Void
Yeah, you could throw different capsules, removing some of their defenses
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII
Page 11 of 15«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition