Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/14/2012 19:38:31   
Ranloth
Banned

Me thinks it'd remove 1st turn advantage significantly as well. Only drawback would be classes not using it which would still have it but many classes use debuffs so yeah.
AQ Epic  Post #: 276
10/14/2012 19:52:56   
Stabilis

^

Hey, are we cool?

By the way everyone, go on about the topic of:

quote:

Smokescreen, Malfunction, and Intimidate do not use Strike, and last for 1 more turn.

(this is not my suggestion but more than 10 people in the past have approved it)
AQ Epic  Post #: 277
10/15/2012 0:43:40   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I'm not sure if I like it
I'm really not O.o
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 278
10/15/2012 15:55:52   
deatharrows

I accidentally posted on the wrong thread and I can't delete this post :( Sorry.

< Message edited by deatharrows -- 10/15/2012 16:02:52 >
DF AQW  Post #: 279
10/15/2012 20:47:44   
ScarletReaper

I like the idea of no attack when debuffing. Mostly because of those dreaded strength bounty hunters. Also, I just switched to merc a few days ago cause I like to go against the grain. lol I seriously think we need some help. My tech abuse bunker/surgical build is pretty good, but other than that, you're kinda stuck with a strength build. You can try support, but not very strong untill they fix support again. We could really use something to increase energy. EMP can just utterly kill a merc.

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 280
10/15/2012 21:20:51   
deltaknight7

support needs a buff,whats taking them so long to buff it anyway too busy makin wars?when was the last time a suggestion was implemented?
Epic  Post #: 281
10/15/2012 21:23:42   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@delta Last balance change they reduced the strength improvement on Fireball like I suggested multiple times. I know some people were complaining about CHs being able to heal loop with SC so they nerfed that as well.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 282
10/15/2012 21:30:01   
Stabilis

I swear if not for me suggesting Plasma Armour last year in September infinite heal on Cyber Hunter would be difficult to maintain...

*smashes head into desk*
AQ Epic  Post #: 283
10/15/2012 23:45:54   
rayniedays56

*Looks at Depressed Void with a momentous smirk*

WE FOUND THE CULPRIT!!! O_O

I remember when people called my tech abusive 5 Focus build noob on CH.

Infernal Android came...

BOOM...my build became all the abusers attentions...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 284
10/15/2012 23:56:22   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

What were to happen if we decreased the amount of health we get per stat? Say getting 3 health every 2 points you put into it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 285
10/16/2012 0:05:51   
Blaze The Aion Ender

@Mallet
Then we would need to lower the scaling of every damage skill, and severely nerf STR
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 286
10/17/2012 18:23:28   
The Astral Fury

Blocking and enchaments ruin this game why...

Enchament's:
- Cost you alot of varuim and if you want to win they are essential.
- Give you ridiculosly high defenses making you do 3's and block like crazy I'm so sick of it!
- In low level's battle's were fast and fun no one really had to worry about defenses or strength it was just fun everyone did an equal amount of damage and then higher level's came and there was the consistent blocking and just crazy defenses and damage.

Block's:
- Just an dumb idea in the game again in the lower levels you never had to worry about blocking it happend so little you really didn't care when it did happend, now when I'm attacking it happend's so much and it's the most annoying thing wen you have your beserker (Which should be unblockable like masscre) and you block I mean that skill can be the centre of your build and when it is blocked it just ruin the game.
- BH with 125 dex and max shadow arts and then he smokes you I mean really are you kidding me!

It was just more fun in the lower level's battles were quick, but still fun now you have long really laggy battle's were you have people blocking and doing next to no damage I'm like this isnt fun at all I had more fun in the lower battle's I did!

< Message edited by dragonman111 -- 10/17/2012 18:24:07 >
DF AQW  Post #: 287
10/17/2012 18:28:01   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@blaze Do not forget that with skills like Plasma Cannon, Bunker Buster, Plasma Bolt and other damaging tech/dex moves that perhaps we would only need to buff defenses instead of nerfing strength and damage. I suggest lowering health so people are forced to invest more into that since we use maybe 10 levels of stats at most on it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 288
10/17/2012 18:33:42   
Ranloth
Banned

So blocking makes no sense? Your example of Smoke + SA + 125 Dex is legit to block a lot thus Dex workingas it should.. Only because you ain't lucky doesn't mean they are bad. Dumb idea? So deflections are smart? Perhaps let's remove both and make game Str-only for more derp. Lower Level fine with it? Same as high Level, loss of turn due to block is live or die.
Zerker unblockable? No. Invest in Dex to make it less blockable. Zerker is powerful and not as expensive as Massacre as well as Tier 3 thus NOT unblockable. Again, Mercs should only worry about it and it's simple to think of strategy as of to what to do if Zerker is blocked. Mercs should know it.. <_<

Enhancements? Price for Credits will go down. Low damage? Invest in skills or in damage stat. Dealing 3s must mean you rely on skills and have weak weapon damage output but you paid the price for it and probably have high Def/Res (or both). Block like crazy again? Luck factor. Again, your example proves that Dex works fine. Don't expect to not get blocked with say 100 Dex difference because people like you moan how they have 100+ Dex and don't block.. Flawless logic, no?

quote:

- In low level's battle's were fast and fun no one really had to worry about defenses or strength it was just fun everyone did an equal amount of damage and then higher level's came and there was the consistent blocking and just crazy defenses and damage.

Haha, no. At low levels, damage > defence. Hence why everyone were equal because it was damage spam. Higher Level means you gotta find balance or abuse one or another. Consistent blocking? Dex works fine then. <.>

PS. No one forces you to enhance with Varium. Work for it or pay for it. Credit ones will go down so it'll be easier to enhance for 'free'.
AQ Epic  Post #: 289
10/17/2012 18:53:21   
laguna blade

Caster mage no need nerf coz the player need good weapon to become caster.I had defeated by str merc in 3 turns at rage. I think it is ok coz it is blockable.
He maul, double strike,n berzerker at rage turn 3 n i dead. I have 125 hp with 35 def ch
I think this game is balance now. I just missed beta phase before enchancement is introduced coz it is more fun and save money :)

< Message edited by laguna blade -- 10/17/2012 19:13:09 >
Epic  Post #: 290
10/17/2012 19:16:18   
DanniiBoiixD

Think about this...

As we go into the higher levels, like fifty of something, everyone's stats will be very high. So when we think about luck factor killing us now, just think about when everyone is at full luck percentage. CHAOTIC is you ask me.

Also, people will probably have a normal of 140 health at it's lowest then. Skills like all the poisons would be useless.

Ya know what this means? Staff needs to make a level scaling formula that won't interfere with today's balance. Also all the skills with damage not increased by stat progression will be unusable in the future due to higher stats.
AQW Epic  Post #: 291
10/17/2012 19:28:53   
Mother1

Laguna blade You may say that but yes it does need a nerf. Damage output for the plasma bolt is crazy especially with rage. I was partner with a level 29 caster TM today in battle, and he use the malf plasma bolt combo for 64 damage without even raging. Also as I stated in a previous battle I was doing battle with another caster mage at level 34 who had 154 tech (AKA tech spammer caster) and his partner gave him technician for 46 more tech. At the time I had 36-42 resist and when he raged plasma bolted me he did 74 damage to me without even criting.

So tell me how is that not OP?

@ DanniiboiiXD

Rabble himself responded in a level 36 thread saying that they won't be raising the level cap for a while since we recently got the level cap raised. Also with the way they are raising levels we won't have to worry about that problem for a while. But at the same time that move balance bug that they fixed I personally think was a bad thing since as you saw certain moves went up in effectiveness when it was active (hybrid armor, Toxic grenade exc) and by doing that it nerfed those those buffs along with other moves such as blood shield and a few others by a point.

So right now I think the staff should focus on the problems that are in the here and now instead of trying to fix problems that didn't even occur yet. Like a decent nerf to str while buffing support in some way since I am seeing more strength builds coming with all the classes especially with the non varium and less of other builds since they are having trouble competing.
Epic  Post #: 292
10/17/2012 19:48:12   
Super Fat Man

Can we have a lower rate increase in str after 87 str points, or 20-24 damage; and about buffing support not sure about that one. I'm sure after the field medic change it'll make a few differences and agility, I think we should nerf agility after 139hp because it jumps from -2 to like -4 which is a big weakness. I wouldn't mind it if it was like -3 , -4, then -6 so people aren't that limited; because infernal andriod is hard to combat against when everbody has like 95-125 hp, not saying that their arent any 139 hp but just generally.
Epic  Post #: 293
10/17/2012 21:50:57   
Sympleton

Well, I'm sure there have been at least a few posts regarding this, but...
What is up with agility? I really don't understand why it was implemented, and yes I witnessed Angels holocaust's reign.

Here is what agility does:

Majorly decrease the overall originality of builds
increase the amount of focus/tank builds
nerf heal looping.

1 and 2 are kind of tied together, but it needs to be said that now most players are focused on ONE SPECIFIC build.
Heal looping was... Well, I don't think it was much of a problem to be honest. Regardless, field medic has been nerfed to heck, and heal looping is basically impossible now.

My suggestion is that agility be entirely removed from the game, or at the least; significantly made to have less of an impact. If I wanted a build with 170 hp, I was trading damage for longevity. Now I won't get longevity,or damage. Now, instead of hp, I can have high defenses traded for damage. This simply doesn't suit my play style, and I just don't like it. Since I can't have high HP, don't like high defenses, I'm basically forced to have a strength build or support build. Me no likey

Please excuse grammatical errors or anything similar. I am tired.
Epic  Post #: 294
10/17/2012 21:57:08   
ND Mallet
Legendary AK!!!

@sympleton Because spamming heal/high health or str/high health is original. Health is significantly better than defense. Health is basically one point of defense. You can get 8 health per level. The most you can get per lvl with dex or tech is just 1 defense. If I have 45 health and 50+ def/res then I'm way worse off than having 35 def/res and all the stuff I removed into health. It's because of that that we have Agility. And it wasn't Angels reign as HLTM that was scary, it was Xendran's. He managed a Daily 1vs1 with around 95% win rate, no NPCs.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 295
10/17/2012 22:03:09   
  Exploding Penguin

As it stands right now, the way I see balance is that some classes have particularly overpowered skills with some underpowered skills, rather than all skills being equal in their use.
First thing is: TM is definitely overpowered right now (This is all supposing I'm judging off of 1v1 builds, as well as people who are within the level 33+ range). They have skills like assim, which, at a higher level, can totally neutralize CHs static charge as long as the mage doesn't get blocked. Bludgeon also has the highest extra damage-for-energy trade off for ANY percentage-based skill at level 1, and the cooldown is a pretty short 2 turns (+10 damage on +34-35 damage primaries, and +11 damage on infernal slayer, the only +36 damage primary. This is definitely an extremely useful move as energy primaries can deal physical damage with a skill that actually gives an exact trade-off of 1/1 damage-energy scale at the lowest level). Also, plasma bolt needs a nerf as you gain +1 damage per 3 tech after a set amount of base tech, and it gives a 1/1 damage-energy scale also when you level it up. Plus, Plasma bolt barely costs any energy at all, starting at 11 energy cost. Then, TMs also have matrix and technician, 2 extremely low energy-costing buffs that give out a pretty strong buff, even at low levels like 3. Deadly Aim and Reroute are pretty on par with other passives, though. One of the only disadvantages that I believe TMs suffer is that if they take a big hit when they don't go first, they lose great efficiency in reroute, and poison damage won't return energy through reroute.
Secondly: Blood mage strength builds suffer extreme losses and effectiveness with the fireball nerf. It definitely makes sense, considering an unblockable attack that scales high with strength is pretty overpowered, but now it's underpowered. A strength BM with max fireball literally spends 33 energy on an unblockable physical attack that typically does less than 5 damage more than their strike.
Tactical mercenaries also are problemed with reroute, mainly because its their only energy source. While normal mercs have adrenaline which can give them +10% rage gain on level 1, which connects to a strong strength-based skill tree, tactical mercs get reroute instead as a replacement passive. It seems good at first, considering skills like frenzy, field commander, and atom smasher all cost small amounts of energy, but a single level 3+ EMP grenade from any hunter can nullify and render pretty much any tactical mercenary useless throughout the fight. When I was a CH, I started off with a level 5 emp that typically left all TLMs with less than 10 energy. This makes it extremely difficult for TLMs to take advantage of their tankiness with healing, and most of their offensive skills are also nullified. The stun grenade is also virtually useless on TLMs, as they don't even have a skill like shadow arts which the hunters have to increase its effectiveness, and, as I said, TLMs have to monitor energy otherwise they're ineffective.
Finally, the point that I hate the most... to be bluntly stated, Azrael's Borg is just plain overpowered. This about it logically: A buff takes 1 turn to use, as a debuff does. While the buff takes less energy than the debuff, probably by around 10 at max, it wastes a turn and the debuffer actually strikes while debuffing you, making strength builds with debuffs advantageous in this situation. Even when someone uses a 20+ matrix, more than 10 defense from that is neutralized from azrael's borg. At this point, this is what's happened: Enemy debuffs, you take strike damage, enemy gets rage. You buff, waste a turn and gain no rage. Enemy uses Azrael's Borg, deals minimal damage AND gives them rage again. So far the enemy could have developed around 40-50% rage while dealing damage to you, and over this course of turns you could attack possibly once, if you went first. It's ridiculous, the advantage the bot gives you, and you can't even counter it with assault bot because that also wastes a turn and doesn't deal damage or give rage like azrael's borg does. Someone mentioned this before, but support definitely needs a nerf. Most defensive buffs are based off of support, and when you get stabbed by heart attack on a high support build, a +33 defense matrix easily becomes a +10-15.

To follow up with my explanation/rant of the unbalanced methods in ED, here are my balancing suggestions:
TM: Increase energy cost of Plasma Bolt
TM: Reduce effects of assimilation by 1 energy overall
BM: Set the damage increase per level of fireball to +3 rather than +2
TM/BM: Reduce the % of bludgeon by 3%
Merc: Rather than having adrenaline start at 10% and +2% then eventually +1% per level, have it start at a lower percentage such as 7%, then +3% per level, +2%, and then +1%, so it takes more skill points to gain the same effect.
TLM/TM: Buff reroute by 2-3% overall, or increase the last 3 levels of scaling to +2% instead of +1%, as +1% literally gives 1-2 energy per point, which is definitely not worth an entire skill point, even on 140 HP builds.
CH: Static Charge buff by 5%
CH/BH: +1-2 energy cost on EMP grenade
TLM: Change from stun grenade to plasma grenade, or to maul. As TLMs have only physical damaging moves (except for surgical strike, which is pretty useless at level 1), plasma grenade would be a good alternative, plus, it increases with technology, promoting more tech-based builds that aren't focus, which I would find interesting.
Azrael's Borg: Reduce the effect to -50% of the buff rather than -60%, OR make it so that the special is blockable.

I hope some people agree with me on the points I made, as I think they're pretty viable and make perfectly logical sense.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 10/17/2012 22:13:27 >
Epic  Post #: 296
10/17/2012 22:39:26   
Stabilis

^

Anything I do not mention here from your post, I uphold and adhere to.

Assimilation is not a skill worth lowering or raising when compared to EMP Grenade or Atom Smasher. Both of these skills surpass Assimilation before even being inclined to mention Assimilation because of the direct effect. Assimilation is a destruction skill (of energy) and is naturally 66% weaker in effect than EMP Grenade or Atom Smasher with both of the 2 skills removing 30-40 energy at LEVEL 1 and Assimilation removing 12 at LEVEL 10. Energy cost argument etc etc. Anyone can get energy and everyone has an amount of energy. Blatantly, Assimilation removes only 1 third the amount the other skills do at no energy cost. So, before nerfing Assimilation, the other energy destroying skills due to be nerfed first. We can backwash all of the little details about Assimilation having unlimited uses and no costs but ultimately the effect after the cause determines the urgency of the skill requiring a nerf. And Assimilation does not need that nerf. The skill improves with SKILL POINTS and you understand how important those are.

Fireball at a damage buff? No buffing, nerfing is a first. Strength being the offensive skill boosts 2 weapons (Primary and Sidearm). Both weapons have the lowest cooldown yet with the same damage progression as Support. Strength does not require a buff to one of the skills to burst even more damage per turn. If anything Support should be leveled with Strength by nerfing Strength! Fireball is unstoppable. It is also rage conceding as well as conceding with critical strike. This is encouraging of exploiting damage, so this is surely unstable to balance.

If Tech Mage is overpowered then why follow with suggesting a buff to Reroute? If you wish to impede with nerfing then avoid cancelling out the intention with an accompanying buff. Tech Mage is "overpowered", so then no buffs should be administered as well as the intended nerf. Reroute buffing allows more potential for Field Medic infinitely. If Reroute converted energy equals the energy needed to cast level 1 Field Medic which equals the health to reuse Field Medic, then infinitely restoring health is possible and so, exploited.

You have some fine points but with those needles also came the hay. Not bad suggestions but could use more insight.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 10/17/2012 22:41:23 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 297
10/17/2012 23:03:26   
Mother1

@ Exploding penguin

Wow that is a lot and I actually read it and while I can agree on some of the things there is one thing I don't and that is nerfing the azreal borg once again, weakening assimilation or buffing reroute.

It was nerfed not once but twice with the last bot balance, and just because one build (aka strength build) abuses it's ability you are suggesting nerfing it again for all builds? I myself use this bot more then any other bot, and I am a level 5 focus build tech mage with only 68 strength. Are you saying that I as well as other people who use this bot that aren't str builds should suffer just because str builds are abusing it? Remember this bot was made to remove all buffs (other then the bio borg buff) not just defenses. There are a lot of times people are fighting strength spammers who can buff themselves or buff other strength spammers as well as tanks who make themselves even more tanky to power up moves with dex and tech especially caster TM and BM. While nerfing the azreal borg again would help those who are trying to defend themselves (aka those with weak defenses) It also helps the abusers who can buff themselves with strength, dex, tech, or pure defense, and pure resist. The answer to that problem would be not nerfing this bot, but nerfing strength itself because if you nerf the bot the strength abuse is still there but if you nerf strength even if the bot nerfs the shields the attacks will hurt less because 5 or even 15% less of a buff taken away (meaning the person still has 50% of said buff) will matter little to non to a strength abuser who uses this bot.

The bot itself while it can be use offensively to break shields it can also be used defensively as well. Remember as I stated before there are those builds that rely on high stats such as the dex hunter build as well as the caster TM and str mercs. There have been many of battle that I have save me and my partner by using the bot's ability to remove the buffs so those attacks would do less damage. Nerfing the bot further would only help those stat spammers who buff themselves even more.

Also if this bot were to get a nerf then the rusted assault bot and the assault bot would have to get nerfed as well since these three bots (Azreal borg, rusted assualt bot and assault bot) are 2 sides of the same coin meaning that they all work with status effects but the opposite effects. They have been in balance with each other since the Azreal borg first came. it you were to nerf one with the others then they would be out of balance with each other.

Also make it blockable? The only special that was ever blockable that was offensive was the gamma bot's special and that was only made that way because they couldn't make it deflectable when it first came out. Making the special blockable (when at most times it only does 3 damage along with the effect) might help stop strength builds that use it, but it will also hurt those who don't abuse it in this manner plus you would be giving dex spammers as well as hunters and unfair advantage over this bot.

Next up assimilation. Make it take away one point less? There are those who use low level assimilation in their builds to stop strength BM from using massacre or other classes from using there supercharged moves as well. Most of these classes use exact or near to exact energy. Many TM have saved themselves from massacre or other powerful moves by doing this and weakening it would only help those stat abusers who use exact energy or near to exact energy. Plus believe it or not it lost a point of power when they removed the move balance bug because before this it used to be able to take a point more.

Lastly as much as I would love a buff to reroute (Since I am a TM) I personally see this as a bad thing since would only serve to help Caster TM which as you said right now are OP. Remember while TLM might benefit from this TM especially casters would become even more OP.
Epic  Post #: 298
10/17/2012 23:19:59   
Blaze The Aion Ender

Buff to reoute helps:
Tank heal loop tac merc
Caster tech mages

All other forms of those classes work fine with reroute as it is

I love Assimilation, but replace it with emp grenade, I would be okay with that
I WOULDNT be okay with a nerf to a not overpowered skill
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 299
10/18/2012 0:34:37   
  Exploding Penguin

The buff to reroute is mainly for TLMs to be rebuffed because they're obviously slightly underpowered compared to other classes: I don't think it'd help casters that much considering they already have trouble balancing skill points out between field medic, plasma, supercharge, and reroute, and they rarely have extra skill points to put in reroute, unless they want a weaker heal, supercharge, or plasma bolt, in which the build is still in the same state as it currently is from my perspective. Also, maxing out reroute currently, and even with the buff I suggested wouldn't make it at all overpowered, because I often run out of skill points when I make builds, and I've easily made over 300 different TM builds. I've never raised reroute past level 7, and if I did I'd definitely be short on skill points in my heal, malfunction, technician, or deadly aim. I find max reroute pretty useless as it is compared to 7 reroute, where you trade 3 skill points for approximately 5-7 energy overall. Heal-looping tactical mercs I can see as a problem, but with every class being able to remove energy except for BM, which I suggested a fireball buff for, it's not as plausible as you think it may be, especially with the fact that heals are much harder to heal loop with now. I agree with nerfing assimilation is a bad idea though, now that I think more deeply into it. But, I have to disagree with Mother1 on the bot. I still think it needs to be nerfed, as it can absolutely neutralize support build buffs with reflex, matrix, and energy shield, which helps not only strength builds but others as well. Plus, it may seem like the assault bots and azrael's borg are similar is effects as opposites, but azrael's borg definitely has the higher advantage. It's unblockable and deals minimal damage, gives a small amount of rage, AND reduces the buff. Assault bots merely rebuff the debuff, without giving rage, dealing damage, or any of the like. 50% Might be a little drastic though... what about 55%-60%?
@Depressed Void: The points you make with fireball are truely viable, but I often find that strength builds on BMs really don't work that well anymore, considering the fact that that huge nerf on fireball leaves it at virtually a 33-energy costing special for an unblockable attack that deals barely any more damage than a normal strike, whereas you look at bludgeon, a blockable attack that costs only 10 energy at level 1 and gives +10 damage on a +34-35 primary. IMO fireball definitely needs a buff, but I'm not sure how it should work, especially considering that it can easily become overpowered when trying to fix it from its underpowered state. Maybe a reduction in energy cost by 2-3 would work well with it.
@Mother1: Back to Azrael's Borg. While you said I only use the situation for strength builds (typically strength bounties), it's really rare I actually see anyone who uses any other bot other than gamma/infernal for a focus build, so I'm thinking less than 5% of focus build users use azrael's borg as their bot, if not less than that. Azrael's bot totally crushes support builds, as well as serving strength builds, which it is most used for, as a great tool for countering strong reflex boosts and matrixes.
Since I'm on the topic of support, I'll also say this: I believe support is slightly underpowered as of now. Since it increases at the same rate strength does, and the critical hit chance is a +1% per 7 more support points compared to your opponent, increasing support to a moderately high 75 or so will result in a low chance of getting a crit even a single time in a fight against a balanced focus build. My favorite class is actually TM, which I am now, so I've tested hundreds of builds, and while there's a single support build I made that dominates with the right weapons, attempts to create support builds on other classes are definitely not nearly as strong as they should be. First, most defensive buffs rely on support. As I stated earlier, Azrael's Borg can neutralize most of these. Second of all, Infernal Interdictor's massive strike got nerfed from dealing an extra 25% damage off of the enemy's starting resistance/defense to an extra 15% damage. The spreadfire guns definitely help support builds a LOT in 2v2, but I still find support builds underpowered in about half of the classes, if not more.
I spent a lot of time thinking about it, and I realized the problem I had with TLMs and reroute. It's not that they run out of energy and have trouble resupplying it, it's their difficulty in dealing damage. Comparing to TM, which also has reroute, it's an obvious comparison that TM will win in most occasions. This is because when comparing the 2nd passive of both classes, in this case a passive armor and deadly aim, pretty much nothing can get in the way of deadly aim. You can get +9 damage on a gun at level 6 deadly aim, where you reach its max efficiency, whereas it requires max mineral armor for a +10. Right now, they're at a pretty balanced standard, considering you save 4 skill points in deadly aim, but it's also apparently weaker than mineral armor, especially when you can't use your gun as soon as it's done cooling down, which often happens. BUT, passive armors are totally ignored on rage. Meaning that tactical mercenaries literally have no skills which even have a slight potential of dealing high damage while tanking. Stun grenade is useless, frenzy is only on basic strikes, artillery strike only deals good damage with support builds, which typically ends up in you only being able to use a single multi and heal in one battle, poison was nerfed, and surgical strike was never that strong. In this case you get into the problem of a class that can tank well and heal, but they can easily be killed by any class with a debuff/deadly aim, as their only buff is blood shield, which isn't that good unless you level it up. In this case, I think the best way to fix the problem is to probably bring back smokescreen onto TLMs, rebuff poison, or replace a current skill with one that actually has the potential to deal good damage, like bunker. Even with an assault bot, it gives the opponent a turn to attack again, gaining more rage, which leads to the problem I explained earlier about ignoring passive armors.

As I said before, I believe in order to make the game balanced, each skill itself has to be balanced within each class, rather than having classes with some overpowered and underpowered skills.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 10/18/2012 0:37:06 >
Epic  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RE: =ED= Balance Discussion XII
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition