Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Your first days on Delta V

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Your first days on Delta V
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/27/2012 12:52:07   
Crimson Eagle

My first days on Delta V was the first MMORPG I played, I was such a noob I though that AFK was a clan!
I remember my first battle against a Mage... And won :) I remember meeting someone called Cookie Monster and getting our faction first (as level 5's!!) and winning faction daily 2vs2! Back then when fame was brand spanking new!

Share your stories here....
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 1
10/27/2012 12:57:09   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Ah. Nostalgia.

Twas December 23rd, 2009. A little Chosen 0ne was born. Little Chosen 0ne did not know this was a PvP game or what PvP even was at the time. SO I just challanged the city guard. Then I had to manually find people to go challenge to get wins a level up. A bunch of us would let one person do 5 wins on them, and then you let them do 5 wins on you. It was very easy to do this because there was an exit button.

Anyway, my first battle I've had was with a very nooby VIX. XD I still remember it. Lol

Also, when I went to Oz and saw someone retraining, I thought they were a legit haxor. Because back then when you retrained, you got set back to lvl 1, and you had to lvl up to 30 or whatever you were at manually and it took years. If you made a mistake you'd have to do it all over again.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
10/27/2012 13:36:53   
Fatal Impact

@Chosen 0ne: I remember those days of retraining. Good times lol

At first I didn't know there was such thing as a retrain feature and I played up to level 20 or so without retraining. xD

< Message edited by Fatal Impact -- 10/27/2012 13:44:57 >
Epic  Post #: 3
10/27/2012 13:37:36   
Mdmarvel

I don't remember much of it but I do remember why I picked BH and the build I used during those newbie ages... picked BH because I thought it was the "warrior" type in the game and it had the coolest name from the 3 starting classes my 1st builds back then was very spread out because I wanted to use all my skills but then some people told me to focus on some skills instead of spreading it out so I picked a high Multi and high stun Grenade + some RB build and went 2v2 always Whenever I go 1v1, I face the wrath of Supp mercs

The reason I got to Delta V in the first place was... well it was in the DNs of AQW (or DF... forgot) and I thought that it was the PvP in AQW so I clicked it then the journey began...
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
10/27/2012 15:32:33   
D.v.D.

alright, deleted
I remember gamal
was first on lb the first time I touched the lederberd bertturn
and Testbuild was second and velvet cheeks was third

It was the
13th of December, when a dvd was born unto Delta V.
Whom tainted with variumical powers.Thus born a techmagy.

< Message edited by D.v.D. -- 10/27/2012 19:11:01 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
10/27/2012 15:37:25   
laguna blade

Really? Chosen one was gamal. I stopped this game for almost 2 years and ply back. I think all player do same at first time ply. All try all skills first
Epic  Post #: 6
10/27/2012 17:18:59   
Death Gigas

It was December 6, 2009. I was playing AQW and decided to try EpicDuel, so I created my account and attempted EpicDuel. I remember my 1st fight, forgot who the person was, haven't seen them since. My 1st faction was at level 5, I had to beg someone to recruit me. (Yes, I was noobish. Lol) The best part about that time, no fame, the daily 1v1 had about 35,000 wins and the daily 2v2 had about 3,000 wins. As a noob, some people told me that I will not last on that game, that I'll quit within a week. No Overlord Facility or West Navel Yard, that was an interesting time 3 years ago. The people that told me on my 1st few days that I'll quit within a week. It's been 3 years and I'm still here!

< Message edited by Death Gigas -- 10/27/2012 17:19:13 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
10/27/2012 17:34:11   
RagerzX

I just started this game literally like 3 days ago, in battles players were like [gg - bb - 10 - 12 etc..] i was like huh??? LOL.
Post #: 8
10/27/2012 17:50:06   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

@DvD Yes. I try to keep it on the down low though.

< Message edited by Chosen 0ne -- 10/27/2012 17:51:31 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
10/27/2012 18:00:31   
Pinkie Pie

It was a sunny day somewhere in 2009, like any other person , instead of going outside and doing something productive, I was on the internet. When I started this game my name was The Nemesis, I had no idea what I was doing, even though I was 50-1.Most of the time I never understood why people kept getting energy back when I hit them, or when they got HP back when they hit me, I thought they were hacking.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
10/28/2012 6:40:11   
Sauerkraut

For a while i thought those Juggernauts with their incredible power automatically got their super-armour (usually Tesla back then) with the purchase of a Jugger card.
Epic  Post #: 11
10/28/2012 8:16:04   
Stabilis

Many people of level were using Founder with Beta and because of that, builds of any degree could be seen. Although, it was the loop era though. After that the Support era started.

< Message edited by Depressed Void -- 10/28/2012 8:17:10 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
10/28/2012 15:22:51   
drekon
Retired ED Guest Artist

I was an ordinary noob until I started using Super Charge. Then I became the lord of noobs! Then I reached level 20. Haha!

One thing that stuck out for me were the "press F5 for free varium" guys. They were a lot of fun.

Epic  Post #: 13
10/28/2012 16:06:29   
rej

It was 12/3/2009 (At 10:20:24 PM, apparently) when I created my account. I let my friends from AQW talk me into spending my 100 var on hairstyles and a nooby staff. When I made it to level 2, I had to spend 15 minutes walking around asking people why I couldn't go into PVP. (Back then, the game did not give you a prompt to use your stat points when you leveled up)
I found this cute little faction that was literally named "The Faction" and got it a few hundred wins before leaving to help my little bro create his own.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
10/28/2012 21:55:44   
Practel
Spectating from the Sidelines

Unlocked! Please discuss as you were.

Let me remind you guys though that there is a Nostalgia Thread if you feel like discussing memorable events other than your first day :).

~Practel
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
10/28/2012 22:04:43   
Zean Zapple

Not relevant, but well played Practel. Exactly how I wanted this to be handled.

Anyways on a more relevant note, my first day on ED was actually quite comical: I spent the whole time trying to find the bazooka that all the mercenaries had. Then I found out that it was a skill and I laid my head on my desk in humiliation.
Epic  Post #: 16
10/28/2012 23:36:55   
truc

Yuuhh Noobs, I was here when chaos1x (90% of you dont know), zakalin, nythera, and killer666 was playing. YEAH early-mid alpha.
I was level 30 when I met angels holocaust level 27, and sparticus level 29! (early beta)
HA' I was here since ED from alpha, beta, gamma, delta, and nearly the newest phase epilison.
Meaning, I was here since the very first x).
I remember in alpha it was all about highest damage and unique builds. Then beta it was all about max smoke level 1 mass for bounties, max field commander 4 intim 5 heal and level 1 bezerk for mercenaries, and heal looping for mages. Then the very first tank builds arrived, everyone had different builds with the new classes die gamma. Delta is more complicated there is too much different type of builds, but yeah ^o^

Proud Leader of Cold Blooded!
Epic  Post #: 17
10/29/2012 7:36:06   
Wootz

Well, I know I made it in December '09. Screw the date! So, here is me.

I spent like an hour just exploring the map 'cause I didn't know how to start a battle. And first fight. No idea, but I'm pretty sure that I lost. Also, I screwed up that character by retraining all my credits at level 27. Unfortunatly.
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
10/29/2012 7:37:41   
The Incredible Hulk
Banned

My 1st days on epicduel was when I didnt change my weaps till lvl 28.
I didnt know how to buy weapons neither aarmor.
I just sticked to my apprentice staff !
Later that day i got hacked and banned :D.

The next phase is Omega By the ways.
Titan Said So!!!

I've merged your posts. In the future, please do not double post, as it's viewed as spam and clutters the page - instead, you can use the edit feature to add any additional information into your post. For more information, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules > Posting Behavior. ~eVentus

< Message edited by Eventus -- 10/29/2012 14:19:31 >
Epic  Post #: 19
10/29/2012 7:47:40   
XapApp

quote:

I just started this game literally like 3 days ago, in battles players were like [gg - bb - 10 - 12 etc..] i was like huh??? LOL.

I too did not understand what those meant at first. In case you don't know yet,
GG = Good Game.
BB = Bye bye.
Players usually call other players by their levels in battles.
The EpicDuel Wiki - Acronyms & Abbreviations page should help you understand more of these.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
10/29/2012 9:06:33   
f4tal1tY

To add to what XapApp said, if they say your hp and its low, its probably in shock that you survived something like a rage plasma with 2 remaining hp or smthg :P
anyways, my first day in epicduel, i had no clue what to do and stuff, spent hours retraining with that stupid system, and messed up my first character. remembered when 32 was the max level cap D: those days!! missed em quite a lot, although i wish i knew what achievements were. i wouldve claimed my gamma achieve :(
Epic  Post #: 21
10/29/2012 10:59:23   
XxKirachanXx

Ah yes...I kinda have phases where I almost obsessively play AE games, and phases where I don't touch it at all...
So one day, while playing DF, I happened to stumble across this somehow, I believe it was the first TLAPD event, in early delta I think.
I made my first character, not understanding the concept of npcing, I dived headfirst into pvp, being pitted against a level 3 mage and being shocked I could win.
A couple of days of leveling, very poor money management, and a very spread out skill tree, and I found myself stuck and shy on credits, so I did what any sensible player would do and abandoned ship. It wasn't until my third try I managed to play through pretty smoothly, by then I was starting to get the hang of things, a little anyway.
AQW Epic  Post #: 22
10/29/2012 11:03:05   
Hyperion211

my first day on delta V was realy good i was searching for games and i found one i first had a tech mage and thought that the game only included the bots and me i thought the people what were moving were bot :D and i was a total noob back then. i remember my first battle as a won against Junker !!! :D. and i became lvl 12 in my first day and i thought that lvl 12 was a very high level :D. when i got to 29 lvl i was a blood mage and got hacked and ban. :(

< Message edited by Hyperion211 -- 10/29/2012 11:07:29 >
Post #: 23
10/29/2012 12:01:27   
Mdmarvel

On my first days, I tried to farm for the Energy Saw for some reason I have no idea why. I didn't pay attention to the stats back then and only wanted the wep that had the most damage. I also remember that the moment I got a certain skill, I would put a point on that skill and try it in combat. Spread-out skill tree for the win lol Randomly putting stat points was also one of my hobbies. But, like the present time, I was very cheap at buying new stuff back then which led me to have some exceptional reserve of credits when I got back in the game (quit the game when I got to lvl 26... equipped with energy saw, silenced launcher and hurricane)

The only weps that I remember buying back then are: Logan's Wrath (got me far in the game :D), Hurricane, Silenced launcher (was the only non var aux back then), and Energy saw (no idea why I wanted this)

R.I.P. Stun + Multi combo in 2v2
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
10/29/2012 16:45:57   
LegitKillz

You were Gamal???
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Your first days on Delta V
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition