Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Character Name Problem

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Character Name Problem
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/17/2012 3:00:22   
Mysterion.

Yeah, Chosen One.

Thats why they should delete them.
They havent played for years, and dont intend too.
Epic  Post #: 26
11/17/2012 18:57:01   
willendorf

How about you don't delete the account, just force the character to have a new name, and not get an achievement for it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
11/18/2012 0:30:51   
arthropleura

Anyhow, i think this works though i guess it is a problem if people decide to take breaks.
I think that if they do log on again, they would find that their name has been changed to a randomly long code. If they come back they can be linked to someone who took their name or to get their original name when they come back if no ones taken it. If the other person does not want to give the name back, the returned person will have to pick a new name.
However, this may cause a problem for identity...

Edited out pointed comments. ~TG

< Message edited by The Game -- 11/18/2012 0:31:32 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/27/2012 20:16:46   
surane

you can just write the name you want just add a number combination to the end example Omega9576 your bound to get the name because there millions of number combination why not just do that no need to support
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 29
11/27/2012 20:34:41   
Stabilis

All names belonging to players that were not bought and have been away for 365+ days should be swept.
AQ Epic  Post #: 30
11/27/2012 21:21:15   
One Winged Angel1357

Correct me if I am wrong but haven't we done this before to accounts that literally had nothing because I remember something about deleting pointless accounts.

As I see this it would work if when you make an account and see that the name is already taken you can send a report off for the staff to read and then check if the name holder has been active in the past year and if they have not been then they lose claim to that name. If said user logs on again they will be taken to the name change screen and told to create a user name and also told that a user has laid claim to their name because they exceeded an allotted parking* period on a name and prompted to reenter their name as it still may be available to them. They can regain their name if the user who took it has been inactive for the same parking period. With this idea while you are waiting for your claim to be reviewed you will have to pick a different name and if you claim is passed you will have the option to turn down the name change, just in case you get attached to your second option, and this would also allow the old user to reclaim their name as stated before.

*for those who don't follow that term it is having the rights to a name and doing nothing with it, mostly referring to domain parking
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 31
11/27/2012 21:24:20   
TRizZzCENTRINO

it is just your bad luck if your name is taken by others, don't whine because you lack the creativity to make another unique name for yourself.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
11/27/2012 21:30:47   
Renzan

Great idea, there is a ridiculous number of Alpha players who just stopped by to try this game, got a cool name, and then decided they didn't like the game and leaves. Their accounts are just sitting there untouched for years.
Epic  Post #: 33
11/27/2012 21:36:27   
ReconnaisX

Okay Mysterion, I see that you have minimized the effects of your suggestion, limiting deletion to only level 1 players. But for those who support it, think about this- it takes 40 experience to get from level 1 to 2.

But I do not support. Both of my main characters are disabled, and I probably will not be able to use them for more than a year. I'm pretty sure that I will regain my characters, but not soon. As the others said, you're pretty selfish. These are only names at stake. If names are that big of an issue, then you might as well make it so that every character gets a randomized name that is unchangeable (take Pottermore, for example).
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/27/2012 22:41:53   
arthropleura

I support, altho i think that if youve bought var your acc cannot be deleted.
and we should keep lol, artix and meat shield xD
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 35
11/28/2012 5:44:39   
RageSoul

Whoa , seems to me that i'm 10+ posts late to the main party , but i don't support this .

I once tried naming my merc alt "Aegis Omega" but it was already taken , so i named him "Lord Aegis" instead . And i find the name sound better .

As what the others stated , there many combinations out there , and in fact , the undiscovered ones are actually better ( that's my opinion at least ) because you have more time to be inspired .
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/28/2012 7:58:49   
f4tal1tY

Has anyone actually bothered to read the posts?

@Willdendorf Just had the BEST idea ever, to give the accounts that are inactive for over a year and have not responded to the email request a free name change. Wouldn't this solve everything? You don't get the name change cheevo, but your account doesn't get banned. Seriously, you guys are so pumped in this argument that all you do is rage and not read. Really?

Expected more from this 'friendly' community. This is a suggestion, no need to get all... annoyed and frustrated at Mysterion. , its just an idea that he had and wanted to share.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 11/28/2012 9:23:04 >
Epic  Post #: 37
11/28/2012 8:08:51   
Blaze The Aion Ender

I only read the first few comments, and I feel no one from there read the suggestion
ONLY level 1's get deleted, not to mention there is a warning going out to the person
Supported, less memory for the server
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/28/2012 8:14:28   
f4tal1tY

@Blaze, it would be much better if you read the comment right on top of yours too! Everyone has read the suggestion, and deleting is a bad idea because someone might wanna start playing again reasons like that etc.

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 11/28/2012 9:23:17 >
Epic  Post #: 39
11/28/2012 8:18:18   
gangster a

^ name change is a luxury if you give free name changes whats the point of paying var for a name change? also i dont support as level 1 could decide they want to come back and it wouldnt be fair also would take a lot of time to do this as ed has over 2,000 players
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/28/2012 8:24:02   
f4tal1tY

@above Sir, i don't think you understand my suggestion. They DON'T get the achievement. But you're right, it would take quite a long time. However, it wouldn't be a luxury, as most alpha/beta players have all the good names. Like The Chosen 0ne, One is taken, and apparently he's a level 8 or something. Here's a link: http://epicduel.artix.com/charpage.asp?id=Fatality This alpha guy is a level 13, and i seriously DOUBT he's touched the account in ages. Why not just give him a name change with NO achievement?? He took my gamer title :/

< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 11/28/2012 9:23:45 >
Epic  Post #: 41
11/28/2012 8:26:01   
gangster a

^ he didnt take it........ if he already had it before you i still dont support this even if they dont get the achivement still would never get applied
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/28/2012 9:35:34   
Mecha Mario
Mechanized Plumber

Deleted some posts. Not everyone is going to have the same opinions. Everyone has their own opinions, so you can disagree, but in a civil manner. Saying things like "this suggestion is selfish," "this is pointless," etc. If you can't do that, please don't bother posting at all.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
11/28/2012 9:52:03   
TRizZzCENTRINO

since those people thought of those names before you it is definately not stealing your name, lets put it in a scenario: 2 groups have gone trick or treating and 1 of them has gone to the house that awards the first trick or treaters with the best candy, and when you came the candy was taken by that group because you are too late, would it seem logical to you if you go up to them and say that they have stolen the candy that should be yours in the first place? be logical people
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/28/2012 15:57:03   
Mysterion.

@ Trizz,

How can you ever compare that to my suggestion, seriously?
That is not in any kind of way comparable with my suggestion.

First of all, the players stopt playing for more then 2 years, havent ever battled one match.
How can you all think that they will ever come back playing?
And even if they will, they wont lose anything, since they havent battled any battle.

If they ever do come back, the only thing they 'lost' is the name of their account.
Not a record, not any money since players who bought var wont be deleted.

And if they want to keep it, they just click one simple link, email verification people.

How can you make such a big problem of this, seriously?
It wont affect any of you, nor anyone who bought varium, nor people who spent time in this game?
Epic  Post #: 45
11/28/2012 16:25:05   
Mother1

@ mysterion

To the last part kind of hard to do that when real life does get in the way which can and does happen. Also say they do comeback and find out that they need to rename their character just because someone else wanted their name, they didn't see the email (due to real life keeping them away) find out it was taken because they couldn't get to the computer in time. Even at a low level with barely anything I think they would be upset if they name they used was snatched from them because of this.

But also what trizz is saying is first come first serve. If someone came up with the name first and used it they it is theirs. Also how do you know these players aren't coming back. You can only assume that they aren't coming back you don't have 100% proof, and a leave of absence for a period of time isn't proof. I mean there have been several people who already posted in this thread that they had left for an extended period of time and came back after a while. The same could be of these people you don't know 100%. So unless the staff can be 100% sure that these people aren't coming back there is no way they could do something like that.
Epic  Post #: 46
11/28/2012 17:50:03   
TRizZzCENTRINO

yeah i was using the scenario as mother1 explained, you cannot claim that their name was yours when they make it before you. and yes it would be very unfair for those who is having a trip to a foreign country for 1-2 years and not have time for ED but you never know if they are gonna come back and play on their lvl 1-5 account. some people like me reserve different accounts and some of them are lvl 1-10, i havnt played them in ages and i would start playing on them when omega comes.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 47
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> RE: Character Name Problem
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition