Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: How do you define "Pro" players in EpicDuel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: How do you define "Pro" players in EpicDuel
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/18/2012 6:40:46   
Unknown Menace

For me a pro is someone who thinks (at least) 2 steps ahead in battle. Like you can predict in your mind what your opponent is about to do. And when you expect he/she predicts your moves you make up something to counter attack that. It's better to prevent something from happening than try to fix it later on. That is someone who has total control over the match and that is a pro in my eyes. This is why sometimes, (when necessary) i need the whole 15 seconds to make a move. I don't claim to be a pro, i just like to act like one :)

Saying a pro is someone who comes up with their own build is like saying they are the miracle itself. Sure back when creating builds was new this could apply. Now that every build has been tried out already because of the limited skill tree and just 4 different stats to invest points in everything has been done pretty much build wise. I've seen plenty games where after years it is still possible to create your own creative build just because of the immense variety of skills available.

Epic  Post #: 26
11/18/2012 8:15:33   
PivotalDisorder

would help if certain skills didn't suck so much that they are only used in test builds and then abandoned.

Venom Strike
Toxic Grenade
Stun Grenade
Plasma Grenade
Artillery Strike
Plasma Rain
Multi
Frenzy

plus Cyber Hunters and Tactical Mercs are almost forced to use at least 15-20 skill points on their passive armour and energy regen skills
which massively stifles creativity. especially when you consider that energy shield and defence matrix scale quickly and need less skill points.

if these kinda issues were addressed, we would really see the pros shine. and build copiers would need to make intelligent choices to succeed.
battles right now can be incredibly predictable, with the only "chance" to break out of that repetition being the RNG.

< Message edited by PivotalDisorder -- 11/18/2012 8:18:44 >
Post #: 27
11/18/2012 8:47:21   
SouL Prisoner

quote:

How do you define "Pro" players in EpicDuel

Winning an "Impossible Match" Mostly the Juggernauts ...

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 28
11/18/2012 8:58:43   
Darkwing

pro always wins, only the luck factor in-game or a partner that quits in 2vs2 can give him a loss

< Message edited by Darkwing -- 11/18/2012 8:59:05 >
Post #: 29
11/18/2012 9:19:19   
PivotalDisorder

@Darkwing: you mean pros always have an excuse when they lose?
Post #: 30
11/18/2012 10:36:00   
Darkwing

@pivotaldisorder that was funny, but the point is: as long as things they can't control don't kick in, they win.
Post #: 31
11/18/2012 10:48:14   
Angels Holocaust

Since you guys want to define the word "pro" so badly, I would consider a player pro by the accomplishments that he/she has earned in this game. The qualifications for pro is

1. Win ratio
2. Wins
3. Factions
4. Have you been on All time?
Post #: 32
11/18/2012 11:41:25   
Clutch

I agree with a few other posts, I feel a pro is someone who truly understands the mechanics of the game and can make a build all on his/her own. However, a pro can also adapt based on his surroundings and based on what it takes to win.

A good test to see if you're a pro:
If you fought someone consistently and lost, and could retrain solely to beat that person, could you do it? If not, maybe you should read up on the mechanics of the game.
AQ Epic  Post #: 33
11/18/2012 14:00:00   
Elf Priest JZaanu
Constructive!

With the slang version of Pro, it can mean quite a few things.

For myself, I would define it as an understanding and representation. This could be community, build creation, faction management, problem solving, and detail supportive expression.

We can also view this term interchanging with the word "Role Model".

AQW Epic  Post #: 34
11/18/2012 14:09:58   
PivotalDisorder

@Angels: so someone in a top faction who spends 24/7 doing Smoke Screen, Strike, Strike, Massacre is a pro?
I am exaggerating, but many have made the leaderboard pretty much off the back of that kind of gameplay.
Post #: 35
11/18/2012 14:27:14   
Wootz

Being on a leaderboard in no way means that you are a "pro".
AQW Epic  Post #: 36
11/18/2012 14:48:36   
white out727

I agreed about the npc farming part not counting, but to me a pro is simply a person that has fun playing and knows how to create/use their builds. The only real thing that matters is "Are you having fun?" some people forget the Epicduel is a game and that the whole point of games is to have fun and pass time, so enjoy your game play.

< Message edited by white out727 -- 11/18/2012 14:49:43 >

*MUNCH* exceeds 50 KB file size allowed. See the
Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 37
11/18/2012 16:53:29   
friend18

I'd define a pro as someone who knows how to create their own build, use it, and have a high win ratio. To me, win ratio is an important part in determining who is "good" and who is not "good". I always look at win ratios in every category, since a large portion of players NPC.

I don't see being on All-Time or being in a popular Faction as being pro. Some players choose not to be factions (like me), especially with the donation requirements. I'd rather just keep the tokens to myself and use them towards achievements.

< Message edited by friend18 -- 11/18/2012 16:55:12 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 38
11/18/2012 17:00:48   
Ranloth
Banned

For me, it'd be unique build (not same as everyone), good ratio, perhaps special accomplishment such as War General - that sort of achievement so you work for it, put effort in -, not wins or being on All-Time LB. LBs are just to show off, it doesn't make you a pro if you copy builds off someone, no-life the game and get on the LB. It shows you're just a sheep with too much spare time. >___>

So yeah. Unique build, ratio, some sort of accomplishment (rare), knowing how to have fun and be good (sometimes a chat in battle is nice, can aid strategy if required). Faction shouldn't matter, anyone can be in a good faction and act cool, just get into CAD and you're already "cool" & you will see your life getting slowly taken away after that.
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
11/18/2012 17:14:12   
One Winged Angel1357

so 28 different people later and I see 11 people, 12 if you count myself, saying using different builds make you a pro player.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 40
11/18/2012 17:19:41   
LatinLover/Martini

Everyones a pro in their own unique way... yes, some people have more wins then others. But at the end of the day their are no specific pros when its just a game ^.^
AQW Epic  Post #: 41
11/18/2012 17:23:14   
MirageD

i'd have to agree with martini and jz.....i think a "pro" is someone who has been around for most of the phases....beta...etc...and adds to the community of the game

~mira
AQW Epic  Post #: 42
11/18/2012 17:55:23   
TRizZzCENTRINO

@mira yup miraged is right :D a pro player contributes to the community and not thinking about their own benefits like: getting on LB or using a OP class/build that everyone uses to increase their win record. my definition of a pro player is Fay Beee and G00NY because they contribute to the forums and in the game, plus G00NY still sticks to mercenary class which everyone think its underpowered and got a great win ratio with it, he even beat the mighty TRizZzy (which is me :D)
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
11/18/2012 20:04:01   
Jekyll

Completely agree with you trizzy. I just have to add that whoever calls himself a 'pro' will never be one. Confusing? Because humility is a value too.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
11/18/2012 21:42:40   
ReconnaisX

Well, anyone who's been here for most of the phases would be more of a veteran in my opinion- someone who has seen things come and go and can actually see the game change over time.

IMO A 'Pro' should:
1)Have designed a good, unique build and used it
2)Have a good win/loss ratio
3)Be able to find a solution to all possible scenarios in battle
4)Be able to improvise in battle
5)Not use copied builds all the time
6)Know the battle mechanics (for example, block chance)
7)Not class hop all the time just to get to the new OPed class; just to experience other classes and have fun

By the way, having varium gear does not classify you as a pro. You have to know how to use it correctly. Also, most people on the All-Time were just here earlier.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 45
11/18/2012 21:45:29   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

They need to get their factions mentioned by titan on twitter. http://oi45.tinypic.com/fnsndl.jpg

Image tags removed. -- SMGS

< Message edited by SMGS -- 11/18/2012 22:04:48 >
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 46
11/18/2012 21:49:17   
One Winged Angel1357

@ReconnaisX I like your logic because even if it is a solution that solution can be taking a lose in a No Win scenario
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 47
11/18/2012 21:51:44   
ReconnaisX

Lol @Chosen Not everyone chooses to be in a faction. For casual duelists, the requirements can be too straining. That's why my BM has his own faction to himself :P
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 48
11/18/2012 21:52:00   
Lord Nub

Shoot looks like everyone has it right in here. A pro should obviously post in the forums, make videos, care about other peoples feelings, sing bible songs by the campfire, and everything but consistently win their matches.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 49
11/18/2012 21:53:33   
Chosen 0ne
Banned

Lol @Lord Nub

DF AQW Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: How do you define "Pro" players in EpicDuel
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition